So, here's a thought I just had:
In theory, I'd be kinda cool if this was on Github or something. Mainly saying that because I have a "forked" version 2.991 (150611) and am too lazy to merge it with your latest version. :D

But all a git would do is add additional maintenance overhead, which is probably not what you want... and it's not ideal for singular big files either, I think. So... maybe not.

I mean, I think all git would give me is a diff and I'd have to merge it manually anyways, I think? Haven't used git in a few years and am definitely no expert. I should just diff against the new version. And put my CSS tweaks in a seperate file. (Is there some way to override something !important? Like a !superimportant or something? ...I should google that. xD)

Emserdalf said:
So, here's a thought I just had:
In theory, I'd be kinda cool if this was on Github or something. Mainly saying that because I have a "forked" version 2.991 (150611) and am too lazy to merge it with your latest version. :D

But all a git would do is add additional maintenance overhead, which is probably not what you want... and it's not ideal for singular big files either, I think. So... maybe not.

I mean, I think all git would give me is a diff and I'd have to merge it manually anyways, I think? Haven't used git in a few years and am definitely no expert. I should just diff against the new version. And put my CSS tweaks in a seperate file.

Believe it or not, I've been thinking about doing that. In the way of splitting the main (and only file) into its several components to manage it more easily but I barely know how to Git. :P
You can use http://www.quickdiff.com/ to check for differences but that only shows a "merged" preview of both sources, highlighting the differences.

Also, dat version :v

(Is there some way to override something !important? Like a !superimportant or something? ...I should google that. xD)

Afaik, that's the only method. I think you'd have to be overly specific, like body > div.element1 > div.element3.otherclass > div#list.not-bulleted but still including !important. Most of my CSS tweaks have been both "mix and match" and "playing with the values" c:

Tbh, I once tried !important !important but that didn't work :v

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

darn subscription update function...

i recently removed post #859636 from pool #7064 (no idea what that post was doing there) and...now my subscription popup menu has said pool stuck on ?/52 and no, this time going and clicking...oh, so that did fix it.

:/ it's another issue solved by going to the latest page then pressing V followed by N to get the update to work correctly.

treos said:
darn subscription update function...

i recently removed post #859636 from pool #7064 (no idea what that post was doing there) and...now my subscription popup menu has said pool stuck on ?/52 and no, this time going and clicking...oh, so that did fix it.

:/ it's another issue solved by going to the latest page then pressing V followed by N to get the update to work correctly.

Yep, I'm working on it. Another fix could be clicking on the "Skip to Last" on the pool overview (which will be on the subscriptions list)

where can i download this?

I think you might want to re-upload some of the download links bro, most of them give me a 404 google error.

colson10 said:
where can i download this?

You can download it on the links provided under the section related to your browser along some instructions on how set it up. Links are currently broken. Sorry for the inconvenience Download link at the bottom of this post.

∑asyZ said:
I think you might want to re-upload some of the download links bro, most of them give me a 404 google error.

Huh, weird. I can't check out why at the moment since I'm having a couple problems with my laptop.

Maybe it's possible that the files got corrupted on one of the crashes and Drive picked them up thinking they were updated... :/

---

Is it me or the formatting is fucked on some sentences

Edit: I just checked the file on Drive and it looks fine and not corrupted (yay?)

You can get the latest version

here (v160221)

parasprite
Former Staff
2 years ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 36
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

Xch3l said:
Is it me or the formatting is also fucked on some sentences?

If you mean in DText lists*, then yeah. A fix is already ready for that and should be pushed soon.

parasprite said:
If you mean in DText lists*, then yeah. A fix is already ready for that and should be pushed soon.

Oh, I didn't see it was only on lists... I haven't been around lately due to computer problems (once again) so I didn't knew there were changes...

(also, it's difficult to type on such a small screen without making typos and ragequitting because of them :/ )

parasprite
Former Staff
2 years ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 36
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

Xch3l said:
Oh, I didn't see it was only on lists... I haven't been around lately due to computer problems (once again) so I didn't knew there were changes...

(also, it's difficult to type on such a small screen without making typos and ragequitting because of them :/ )

See e926 link below :P

Love it! works as intended but I found a rather small bug. my name has a tilde in the middle of it and when it's displayed in the 'user bar' top right it puts "Azarath%7EAzzy" with the '%7E' in place of what should have just been ' ~ '
just a small inconvenience. hopefully, easy to fix =3

Hey, the commenting score function on my profile isn't working. Whenever I click it, it gives me this:

Your score is: 0 (Avg: NaN)
Most rated: comment #undefined (0)
Least rated: comment #undefined (1000)

Dason
Blocked
1 year ago

The script doesn't seem to do anything on any of the sites listed.

Dason said:
The script doesn't seem to do anything on any of the sites listed.

Do you have any error logs? Though, from what I just saw, AGNPH looks way much different from the last time I checked it (which honestly, it's been quite some time) but it does work on the rest of the sites, including this one

Hello everyone. I know it's been a really long time since the last update, and I apologize. I just had some personal problems (I still do but ah, they're manageable now), besides some others with my laptop. Also, with the announcements that Google Drive and Dropbox will stop web hosting for users (Drive stopped on August 31 and Dropbox on October 3 - "for my account" as they said), I had to look for alternatives.

So that said, this version must be downloaded again from here while future updates will be downloaded automatically from there too. Also, you may have to uninstall the old version and reinstall the current one so, just in case, make sure you have a recent backup of your settings.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[05/09/2016] Version 3.026 (Code 160904; +3976 bytes)

• Updated DNP Database to version 431
  • New option to hide child/parent post relationships (aka green/yellow colored borders) [via PM]
  • Correct displaying of username for cases where it has characters outside of those permitted in URLs [forum #199607]
  • Fixed some messages on the Script Preferences pane
  • [ADMIN] Added hotkeys for Approving and Deleting posts [via PM]
  • Fixed "undefined" on the results popup after counting comments' score [forum #186378, forum #204085]
  • Added detection of available formatting options for input boxes

Code related

• Changed how the current page is referred to (previous versions used an array, while current uses a more understandable naming)
  • Minor code cleanup (like, really minor)
  • Added request timeout error handlers

By the way, please note that I still have to fix the links on the Main post.

▼ "Xch3l":/user/show/41519 said:

Hello everyone. I know it's been a really long time since the last update, and I apologize. I just had some personal problems (I still do but ah, they're manageable now), besides some others with my laptop. Also, with the announcements that Google Drive and Dropbox will stop web hosting for users (Drive stopped on August 31 and Dropbox on October 3 - "for my account" as they said), I had to look for alternatives.

So that said, this version must be downloaded again from here while future updates will be downloaded automatically from there too. Also, you may have to uninstall the old version and reinstall the current one so, just in case, make sure you have a recent backup of your settings.

• New option to hide child/parent post relationships (aka green/yellow colored borders) [via PM]
  • Correct displaying of username for cases where it has characters outside of those permitted in URLs [forum #199607]
  • Fixed "undefined" on the results popup after counting comments' score [forum #186378, forum #204085]

Code related

• Changed how the current page is referred to (previous versions used an array, while current uses a more understandable naming)

Thank you for this update! I've loved how simple this script makes tagging and formatting my posts/comments. Plus, with a few minor modifications, I was able to make this userscript work on my own booru!

Would you be able to make this script more compatible with other *booru-style boards (Like moebooru)?

Two things I wondered if Extend could do something about:

1.) There are instances where if you load a new page and your internet is starting to chug a little loading everything, you can still see blacklisted images load before the blacklist kicks in and removes them. Is there a way to make blacklisted tags function as a '-tag' search, as in they are excluded from any of the loaded results (as aparently even blacklisted tags aren't, at least for a second)? OR, at the very least, make those blacklisted thumbnails appear as the white box and black text 'Blacklisted,' as can appear on the 'Popular By Day' page for a brief second?

2.) Another instance where blacklisted stuff can still pop up is if you click the 'Random' button. One feature I'm glad you added is the 'Blackhole Blacklist' option. Would it be possible to do the same for the Random button? Or at the very least, make so the results of clicking random will adhere to your blacklist (either only showing non-blacklist stuff, or if it lands on blacklisted posts it's just a blank page)?

Thank you and keep making Extend awesome :]

Human-Shaped said:

1.) There are instances where if you load a new page and your internet is starting to chug a little loading everything, you can still see blacklisted images load before the blacklist kicks in and removes them. Is there a way to make blacklisted tags function as a '-tag' search, as in they are excluded from any of the loaded results (as aparently even blacklisted tags aren't, at least for a second)? OR, at the very least, make those blacklisted thumbnails appear as the white box and black text 'Blacklisted,' as can appear on the 'Popular By Day' page for a brief second?

2.) Another instance where blacklisted stuff can still pop up is if you click the 'Random' button. One feature I'm glad you added is the 'Blackhole Blacklist' option. Would it be possible to do the same for the Random button? Or at the very least, make so the results of clicking random will adhere to your blacklist (either only showing non-blacklist stuff, or if it lands on blacklisted posts it's just a blank page)?

1) this one might be kinda hard. Generally, JS is handed control after the page has finished loading completely. There are ways around this, but then you have the problem of "well am I done or should I check again?" making it basically have to loop constantly. Not saying it's impossible, just improbable
2)this one should be straightforward enough. Maybe like how derpibooru handles filtered posts? (Because sometimes something gets blacklisted but you click on it anyways, just because, and you want to see it) Just hide the image with a line of text saying it's hidden because of tag "_____", click here to show anyways

This being said, I'm not the developer and actually don't know the specifics of how it works. Also, ofc, it's up to Xch3l if they want to take the time to implement it.

Munkelzahn
Privileged
1 year ago

I don't remember if I've suggested this already, but it would be cool if eSix Extend replaced every animated GIF with a placeholder image (optionally, of course).
The placeholder could show a text along the lines of "Animated GIF - Click to load".

Why it would be useful:
e621 doesn't create reduced-size samples for animated GIFs, not even when you've chosen "Image resize mode = Show reduced samples" in your settings.
So if you open post #1032950, e621 loads the entire 9.3 MB image.
(this only applies to individual posts; https://e926.net/post/index shows animated GIFs as non-animated JPG thumbnails)

I've been unable to access the settings recently. My normal e621 account settings work fine, but nothing appears under the "eSix Extend Settings" tab when I click on it. I'm having this problem while on chrome, I can access settings in firefox, but I never use firefox anyway.

Just installed this (again?). Looks pretty impressive.

I do have a bug report: On the E6Extend settings tab, reordering only works in one direction, down. All the up buttons appear to have no effect (item stays in place).
This is more of an inconvenience than anything, since any given ordering can be achieved with only 'down' operations.

Also, dunno if this is ..exactly.. E6Extend's domain, but it seems like something that it could do and people might like:

I was thinking about how I have a list of links in my profile that I.. well, roughly speaking, I iterate over them every so often, checking for new stuff.
Then I went: "well, you could union that stuff". That is, not all searches can be compressed into one-search-that-e621-understands, but if you only want to get 'all the new stuff on all these lists smooshed together', then .. making one request per search, throwing all the results together, and removing duplicates should work. Seems like it could be a 'poor mans tag subscriptions', without the heavy server load that real tag subscriptions incur. Might even be possible to have a 'blacklist-like' way of folding away results from a particular search.

I initially thought there might be issues with pagination, but tracking the 'final post listed' for each individual result set seems like it would allow precisely correct pagination of a unionized search.

Dason
Blocked
1 year ago

Xch3l said:

Code related

Can you please fix the links?

It's misleading and it would be more trivial to fix the links than to make another update to the script.

JAKXXX3 said:
I've been unable to access the settings recently. My normal e621 account settings work fine, but nothing appears under the "eSix Extend Settings" tab when I click on it. I'm having this problem while on chrome, I can access settings in firefox, but I never use firefox anyway.

The bug's still occurring, it happens whenever I subscribe to something with unusual text in the title, like unicode symbols (eg ❤), or foreign text such as japanese.

Couldn't this be fixed by converting the problematic characters to percent code or something?

The temp blacklist isn't merging tags to my blacklist properly. Instead of making a new line and appending the tag to it, it just merges it with the last tag on my blacklist.

Hello everybody. I wanna apologize for the sudden disappearance (not 100% gone, by the way). Even though three months don't sound like a lot, they did really feel like so, despite some days going away fast (as of lately). I'm not blaming it on things but myself. I've been somewhat "busy" with a few personal issues, besides being actually busy with work, which only gives me a free day (which I also happen to apparently waste by waking up at like 2pm, but that's a thing for another moment), that kinda leave me some time to actually do things.

Buuut anyway, before getting carried away with unneeded stuff, I'll reply to the last messages~

▼ @Human-Shaped

#1: The only thing I can think about is hiding the entire search results and show them after the page has finished loading and processing posts to hide again but the only time the script has access to the page is when it has finished loading

#2: That's doable. I'm thinking of a "get a random post and peek" kinda thing that checks tags on the "peek" part but that would also make double requests...

▼ @Munkelzahn

I don't remember if I've suggested this already, but it would be cool if eSix Extend replaced every animated GIF with a placeholder image (optionally, of course).
The placeholder could show a text along the lines of "Animated GIF - Click to load".

Why it would be useful:
e621 doesn't create reduced-size samples for animated GIFs, not even when you've chosen "Image resize mode = Show reduced samples" in your settings.
So if you open post #1032950, e621 loads the entire 9.3 MB image.
(this only applies to individual posts; https://e926.net/post/index shows animated GIFs as non-animated JPG thumbnails)

As mentioned before, the time where the script can touch the page is if it has completely loaded (at least on the version of Opera I'm still using :x ) though what I could do is add some icon that tells when a post is animated

▼ @JAKXXX3

-----

The bug's still occurring, it happens whenever I subscribe to something with unusual text in the title, like unicode symbols (eg ?), or foreign text such as japanese.

Couldn't this be fixed by converting the problematic characters to percent code or something?

The issue has been fixed. I might have overdone it a bit but the thing is alright c:

▼ @savageorange

Just installed this (again?). Looks pretty impressive.

I do have a bug report: On the E6Extend settings tab, reordering only works in one direction, down. All the up buttons appear to have no effect (item stays in place).
This is more of an inconvenience than anything, since any given ordering can be achieved with only 'down' operations.

Also, dunno if this is ..exactly.. E6Extend's domain, but it seems like something that it could do and people might like:

I was thinking about how I have a list of links in my profile that I.. well, roughly speaking, I iterate over them every so often, checking for new stuff.
Then I went: "well, you could union that stuff". That is, not all searches can be compressed into one-search-that-e621-understands, but if you only want to get 'all the new stuff on all these lists smooshed together', then .. making one request per search, throwing all the results together, and removing duplicates should work. Seems like it could be a 'poor mans tag subscriptions', without the heavy server load that real tag subscriptions incur. Might even be possible to have a 'blacklist-like' way of folding away results from a particular search.

I initially thought there might be issues with pagination, but tracking the 'final post listed' for each individual result set seems like it would allow precisely correct pagination of a unionized search.

Yep, sounds about I was thinking the first time I read your post (which by the second time, it was actually what I was thinking :v ). I guess that after removing dupes there should be enough to make a mini gallery or something like showing the first few (5, like in user pages) and then all after expanding the view

▼ @Dason

Can you please fix the links?

It's misleading and it would be more trivial to fix the links than to make another update to the script.

All links have been fixed. Only those that had the issue where those that linked to Google Drive's hosting features (that by this time they're dead). I'm still rebuilding the new pages, but at least they don't point to a dead end anymore :D

▼ @Faux-Pa

The temp blacklist isn't merging tags to my blacklist properly. Instead of making a new line and appending the tag to it, it just merges it with the last tag on my blacklist.

Fixed too. New changelog coming after a bit

@ktkr: Dates are DDMMYYYY and date codes are YYMMDD. Date codes are like that because they give a single increasing number, useful for versions :)

[28/12/2016] Version 3.027 (Code 161228; +1038 bytes)

• Fixed issue with subscription titles using unicode characters [forum #212312, forum #217587]
  • Fixed slight derp with "Post Flagged" status icon not showing (also tweaks for future icons like "GIF Animation", "Epilepsy Warning" and "Sound Warning")
  • Fixed another derp where new lines won't be added when merging the temporary blacklist to the real blacklist [forum #217593]
  • Added an option to unsubscribe from a forum thread right from the page [in relation to forum #212312]
  • Added a small check for certain other script I wrote that verifies its existence to report errors correctly

I'll be leaving the DNP Database update for later, since it takes me a while to organize and format it for the script.

To Be Continued

For the "Submit current form with Ctrl+Enter" option, could you enable this feature to work when editing posts? As it is now, pressing enter in the tag field saves changes and Ctrl+Enter does nothing in the source field.

Slight issue I think: The default quick link for "Comments on your posts" is "/comment?user_id=[userID]". Shouldn't that be "/comment?poster_id=[userID]"? It's the link found on https://e926.net/comment/
Thanks

treos
Blocked
1 year ago

o_O looks like my shortcut bar has vanished.

it's enabled and everything (just reinstalled the script just to be sure) but it's suddenly stopped working entirely. even on the account settings page.