Takedown Policy and Process:
We strive to make sure that this site has a wide variety of content for users to enjoy, but we also place great importance on ensuring that the content we host does not infringe upon artists' or character owners' copyrights.
If you are an artist or character owner who has your work hosted on this site and you do not wish for it to be, please submit a takedown request. The request will be handled as soon as possible.
Please note: We will honor art removal requests ONLY from the legal copyright holder of the art or character(s). Simply commissioning artwork from an artist does NOT automatically transfer copyright of that image to the commissioner. If you find a commissioned piece on this site that you wish to see removed, you MUST go through the copyright holder of the artwork (typically the original artist) unless one of your own characters is depicted in the artwork. The intention of this policy is not to give anyone a hard time. It is only to make sure that artists' copyrighted works are protected.
Please consult the guide below for further information regarding when it's acceptable to submit a takedown request and when it's not.
You SHOULD submit a takedown request if you are one of the following:
- Artist wanting their own artwork removed.
- Character owner wanting artwork featuring their character removed.
- Publisher wanting a publication or excerpts of a publication removed. Please note that these takedowns can potentially be a little trickier to handle properly, and so communication with a site admin will likely be needed after submitting the takedown request.
You SHOULD NOT submit a takedown request if you are one of the following:
- User wanting artwork removed because they believe it breaks a site rule. You should instead use the site's Flag For Deletion tool (found on every post's page) for each post that you wish to dispute.
- Commissioner wanting artwork removed that does NOT feature their character. DO NOT submit a takedown request unless you can provide proof of a transfer of copyright ownership from the artist to yourself. You are encouraged to contact the artist and ask them to submit the takedown request.