BlueDingo said:
Celebrities are fairly good at convincing people to buy things they don't need.

Kim Kardashian's dress up mobile game pulls in over $200 million a year (well, when that article was made anyway).

My favorite movie is:

The secret world of arrietty

I would HIGHLY recommend it

Just watched Fight Club earlier. Been wanting to read the book as well but my local stores didn't have it in stock

Thread needs more Heavy Metal (1981).

Saw Logan and Beauty and the Beast on Sunday. Expected to cry on one of them.

Didn't think I would at both.

Kaijudragon567 said:
You always need to cry at one movie. Granted I shead many tears at Terminator 2...

NO NEVER

A couple of newer ones for me:

1. Rogue One - A Star Wars Story
2. X-Men: Days of Future Past - The Rogue Edition

saw Independence Day: Resurgence the other day and it's pretty good.

well, the people got their female president in this movie and...shes the type to shoot first ask questions later. yeah, sorry about that, soon to be ally. our new president seems to have a case of "itchy trigger finger". oops same for most of her advisory council. >.> (geez, people... heres hoping you learn how to identify friends from foes BEFORE testing your shiny new toy on whoever happens to cross your path first in the 3rd movie.)

still, overall it was pretty well done. it picks up 20 years after the 1st movie and shows how the battle against the aliens is now escalating (can you get much bigger than a 1k mile in diameter mother ship?) and without spoiling anything the ending looks like there might be a 3rd movie in the future. anyone up for a intergalactic war against the aliens?

good movie overall.

Watched Goodfellas earlier today. Dope shit.

Wizards 1977 - Full

this popped up in my "up next" side bar. figured i'd take a look and so far it's not bad. totally unlike any movie you'd see nowadays.

this movie seems to rely on a combination of short animated scenes and still images with narration. i don't know if i've ever seen that kind of movie before this.

edit: nazis... lol ok...

24:30 scratch that. looks like it was just a video recording used to shock enemy. that's all.

hmmm... got some other interesting sounding movies in the side bar now. think i'll copy some of those titles for later.

My appreciation for film has been increasing over the years. I've grown a fondness for the Coen Brothers, Ridley Scott, Hayao Miyazaki, Steven Spielberg, and Stanley Kubrick. My discovery of the Criterion Collection was also a mind-opener, exposing me to Akira Kurosawa, Wim Wenders, Ingmar Bergman, and David Lynch.

Anyone else saw the new alien movie? It was alright

Saw I, Daniel Blake, "[w]inner of the Palme d'Or at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival, the latest from legendary director Ken Loach..." It was fine. I had no complaints. It's a window into poverty before homelessness.

Actual spoilers: When I asked myself why he had to die as opposed to a different story being told, I arrived at the conclusion that "he died so that maybe a real person in his situation wouldn't have to", like a fictional martyr for the non-fiction world.

Over the last few months, the most entertaining movies I've seen--and I try to catch all new movies available in local theaters that are worth a damn after filtering for premises of interest--were Their Finest and, somewhat surprisingly, Kong: Skull Island.

I've seen the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies around 60 times combined on DVD, in a previous chapter of my life, so I was very conflicted over if I should see Pirates 5 after the wreckage that was #4. The consensus is that "it's better than the last one", but that's a really low bar. After digging a little deeper, I decided on a hard pass. I don't want to encourage this kind of sequel swill. I'm of a similar opinion on the next Star Wars movie, an outlook I'll have difficulty reversing closer to release since apparently I can't trust critic or audience consensus there.

For anime, I did actually see Your Name. in theater with English dub, something I didn't think would happen at all. I give it a 6/10, or "Fine" on MAL, which is how I've decided to rate shows over there (i.e., 5 - Average, 6 - Fine, 7 - Good, 8 - Very Good, 9 - Great, 10 - Masterpiece). Decent, but I found too many scenes easily predictable once I had an inkling of what they were about (that means I thought it was formulaic). I also watched The Garden of Sinners movie series (a.k.a. Kara no Kyoukai) most recently. I thought the third movie was the best, worth an 8, and the others ranged from 6 to 7. The series was held back by its cryptic jargon, which probably resulted from a combination of concepts too difficult for fan translators and poor scripting.

Wonder Woman seems to have reviewed very well. Seems like it comes out on June 2... and today is June 2. Other circumstances may be conspiring for us to see it today or soon.

Edit:

chatterboxkitten said:
Anyone else saw the new alien movie? It was alright

A friend of mine is a big Alien fan. He hated Prometheus for lore reasons but enjoyed Alien: Covenant quite a bit ("Alien: Cuntenant gets a 9/10 from me. :D"). Having seen Life too recently and being utterly disgusted with it, my horror movie quota was still too full to a find a fuck to give for another horror movie so soon.

10 Things You Didn't Know About Pennywise

yeah...maybe i didn't need sleep tonight after all.

saw this movie when i was younger and it has forever left me...with a phobia towards clowns. i can stand it enough to watch a video like this but *sigh* suffice it to say, my phobia regarding being afraid of the dark pales in comparison to this one.

if just seeing the image of pennywise in his more tame clown form is enough to have me shaking slightly... i'd really rather avoid being near any clown if at all possible.

IT is not a movie i would ever want to let kids see. just thinking about it... *shudder*

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
3_toes 5_fingers abs anthro armor biceps big_muscles canine cestus claws clothed clothing fur greyscale jak3 knee_guards loincloth male mammal monochrome muscular muscular_male pecs sekotta shoulder_guards simple_background skimpy solo standing toes wastelander white_background wolf

Rating: Safe
Score: 1
User: sekotta
Date: July 13, 2013

treos said:
saw this movie when i was younger and it has forever left me...with a phobia towards clowns.

alcohol avian batman_(series) beer beverage billy bird burger captain_spaulding chicken clown clowns cocaine crossover dc_comics drugs food fried_chicken fries group halloween holidays homey_d_clown human inspired_by_proper_art it jack_box jack_in_the_box jigsaw_(saw) john_wayne_gacy kfc krusty_the_clown male mammal menacing michael_myers nightmare_fuel not_furry parody pennywise_the_dancing_clown pogo_the_clown ronald_mcdonald saw_(movie) the_joker the_last_supper the_simpsons unknown_artist what where_is_your_god_now

Score: 9
User: misspriss
Date: March 14, 2010

That's what happens when you watch horror movies as a kid. It either hardens you or breaks you, and it sounds like you broke. They have an age restriction for a reason.

i just noticed something i missed in the trailer for the nut job 2.

that little mouse is jackie chan. somehow, the thought of that little mouse being strong enough to knock a grown man off his feet just makes him seem all the more cute imo. :)

oh...goody...

ATOMIC BLONDE Red Band Trailer (2017)

well, it looks like it might be a good movie and... it seems some people are now trying to push for a female james bond. so...female doctor who and now female james bond...where will this trend end?

the female doctor, i'm willing to give a chance because we saw the master come back gender bent and he/she turned out awesome (crazy and wacky like pinkie pie, sure, but still great). a female james bond however? this might be good and it might not.

i'm wondering if this is going to just be a one time thing for both of them and if it isn't...where will the replacement of male characters end?

treos said:
well, it looks like it might be a good movie and... it seems some people are now trying to push for a female james bond. so...female doctor who and now female james bond...where will this trend end?

it will end with a female conana the barbarienne

treos said:
oh...goody...

ATOMIC BLONDE Red Band Trailer (2017)

the female doctor, i'm willing to give a chance because we saw the master come back gender bent and he/she turned out awesome (crazy and wacky like pinkie pie, sure, but still great). a female james bond however? this might be good and it might not.

i'm wondering if this is going to just be a one time thing for both of them and if it isn't...where will the replacement of male characters end?

Not sure if James Bond would work. I mean, this is the character who was praised for Rape Conversion Therapy in one movie. Both in-universe and real life. As the event that made him famous for having charisma in the first place. And one that is rarely recognized as that even now. No matter what side someone would take, including none at all, the outcome would not be a good one.

Atomic Blonde was a great period piece. Strong style from the locations, props, and music. Too gritty and complex to engender serious comparisons to James Bond, so closer to Jason Bourne. In terms of allegiances, I don't think I've seen any spy movie as complex. In fact, my only real issue was knowing where everyone's tenuous alliances were in each moment (i.e., not always as clear as it should have been). This is probably one of those movies where important details can be picked up during repeat viewing.

Don't be misled by the trailers: I can't recall one point in the movie that wasn't gritty. Also, its trailers sure are loaded up with spoilers... Blue Monday was in strong representation.

Speaking of needing repeat viewings, Enemy (full ). Now that was layered. Took me far too long mid-viewing to figure out it's one of those psychological weird fiction stories that I'm all about, and the movie itself didn't appear to water down its source's subtleties and weirdness as one expects of Hollywood.

My Top 10 Movies:

1. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
2. Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
3. Deadpool
4. The Cabin in the Woods
5. Kickass
6. Spider-Man (2002)
7. Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
9. Zootopia
10. Scary Movie (2000)

UnusualParadox said:
4. The Cabin in the Woods

i've always thought the scariest thing about this movie series is that what they show can actually happen irl since such diseases do exist irl.

that aside, not for everyone. especially people who can't handle blood and gore very well. that and well...it's basically people melting from a flesh eating virus. gore and blood and whatnot rarely ever bothers me but these movies tend to leave me feeling uneasy. :/

though i suppose it might appeal to certain audiences... (wtf are they having sex while dealing with... DAMN that's fucked up!)

treos said:
i've always thought the scariest thing about this movie series is that what they show can actually happen irl since such diseases do exist irl.

that aside, not for everyone. especially people who can't handle blood and gore very well. that and well...it's basically people melting from a flesh eating virus. gore and blood and whatnot rarely ever bothers me but these movies tend to leave me feeling uneasy. :/

though i suppose it might appeal to certain audiences... (wtf are they having sex while dealing with... DAMN that's fucked up!)

I believe you're thinking of Cabin Fever , not The Cabin in the Woods.

UnusualParadox said:
I believe you're thinking of Cabin Fever , not The Cabin in the Woods.

oh...right. sorry, my mistake.

treos said:
oh...right. sorry, my mistake.

No worries, it happens to everyone. Blending two things with similar names together I mean. I do the same thing with Battlestar Galatica and Battlefield Earth sometimes despite the two having nothing in common except for the word "battle" in the title.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Score: 28
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

Super Mario Bros. Anime Movie Restored (Best Quality!) · English subbed

huh, well that was a nice random video that appeared on the "up next" side bar. i've never seen this movie and it's in good quality too.

oh and use closed captions for the subtitles.