A rather ambiguous style between animal-form and anthro-form, that should only be used when necessary.
The character may have hands or human-like eyes and expressions, say, but still have fairly animalistic proportions or poses. Bodily features are more likely to include very paw- or hoof-like hands mane hair-styles and similar.
Note that this is a supplementary tag used to indicate the grey area between anthro and feral, not a wholly separate category.
Not all of these have to be present to count as semi-anthro.
- Feral face - Closer to feral than humanoid (animal skull shape, eyes, mouth, nose, teeth etc).
- The eyes tend to be less feral, with human-like iris and sclera.
- Relatively short neck on species that have a longer one as a feral, such as equines.
- May be either anthro or feral.
- Proportions are usually closer to that of the respective animal, than a human/humanoid.
- Human-like shoulders.
- Humanoid hands (fingers, thumbs etc.) - closer to humanoid than feral.
- Feral paws/hooves/talons etc. - closer to feral than humanoid.
- animal_genitalia may be present
The following tags are aliased to this tag: semi_anthro