A biological family used for mammals related to weasels, and generally used as a synonym for mustelidae. For simplicity, some groups may be categorized more by name than real taxonomy would (e.g., all the species that are considered polecats might imply polecat, even though one of them might be more closely related to ferrets).
† Needs implication
- tag group:species
- bear - Polar bear, panda, etc.
- bovine - Buffalo, cattle
- canine - Dog, fox, wolf
- caprine - Goat, sheep
- cetacean - Whale, dolphin
- cervine - Deer
- equine - Horse, zebra
- feline - Cat, lion, cheetah, panther, etc.
- lagomorph - Rabbits
- marsupial - Kangaroo, opossum, koala
- monotreme - Platypus, echidna
- mustelid - Weasel, ferret, etc.
- porcine - Pig, boar
- primate - Ape, monkey, etc. (excludes human)
- rodent - Mouse, rat, squirrel, beaver, etc.