Copyright: lilo and stitch
Lilo & Stitch is a Disney film and media franchise about an eccentric and mischievous duo: a orphaned Hawaiian human girl named Lilo Pelekai and a superpowerful, artificial alien creature she adopts named Stitch, both of whom become the best of friends through the Hawaiian concept of "'ohana", meaning family. Besides the two, the franchise is known for its eclectic cast of characters, including various alien genetic experiments similar to Stitch, all of whom were made by Stitch's creator, Dr. Jumba Jookiba.
The franchise consists of four films (Lilo & Stitch , Stitch! The Movie , Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch , and Leroy & Stitch ) and three television series (Lilo & Stitch: The Series [2003–06], Stitch! [2008–11, 2012, 2015], and Stitch & Ai ), among other works. The original 2002 film, directed and written by Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois, is the 42nd film in the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon.
Despite the franchise's title, Lilo is not a main character in every work; Stitch! (an anime) and Stitch & Ai (a Chinese animated series) separate her from Stitch and focus more on him paired up with other human girls from different regions of countries where those shows are produced.
For the list of genetic experiments, see experiment (species).
- Stitch (Experiment 626) — The titular primary protagonist who appears in all of the franchise's works. A small, blue furred, koala-like alien pretending to be a dog who has a penchant for mischief and a love for his adoptive family. Self-described as cute and fluffy.
- Lilo Pelekai — The titular secondary protagonist or first deuteragonist. A Hawaiian girl with a mindset not understood by most people who is Stitch's adopter and best friend. She loves hula, horror, sci-fi, taking photos of fat tourists, and Elvis Presley.
- Nani Pelekai — Lilo's older sister and legal guardian. She's easily annoyed by the antics of Lilo and Stitch, but she loves her sister dearly and is acceptant of the aliens living with her.
- Dr. Jumba Jookiba — The Kweltikwan creator of Stitch and the experiments. A self-proclaimed "evil genius", but he isn't really all that evil; he just loves creating mischief through his experiments. He serves as Lilo and Nani's "uncle" figure.
- Wendy Pleakley — A Plorgonarian former agent of the "United Galactic Federation". He was the Federation's so-called "Earth expert". Very effeminate, he serves as Lilo and Nani's "aunt" figure.
- Gantu — A giant, whale-like alien who served as a captain for the Federation's "Galactic Armada". He hates Stitch and much of the experiments.
- Dr. Jacques von Hämsterviel — The franchise's main antagonist, introduced in the second released film. A gerbil-like alien who was Jumba's partner-in-crime, he wants the experiments all to himself so he can rule the galaxy, employing Gantu to capture them.
- Reuben (Experiment 625) — One of Stitch's experiment "cousins". He first appeared in prequel comics and was formally introduced in the same film as Hämsterviel. He's identical to Stitch in powers and better than him in speaking English. He's Gantu's lazy, reluctant, sarcastic, sandwich-loving sidekick.
- Angel (Experiment 624) — Stitch's love interest and one of the experiments. She first appeared in Lilo & Stitch: The Series and appears more frequently in the Stitch! anime. She looks like a pink, female version of him and has a beautiful singing voice that has evil consequences. She and Stitch deeply love each other.
- David Kawena — Nani's easygoing surfer boyfriend who is aware of the aliens' existence. (Note that on this site, he shares a name with an artist who did drew him once.)
- Cobra Bubbles — A former CIA agent who works as a social worker. He has a history of working with aliens.
- The Grand Councilwoman — The alien leader of the United Galactic Federation and its council.
- Mertle Edmonds — Lilo's snobbish classmate and rival who hates anything considered "weird".
- Elena, Teresa, and Yuki — Three classmates of Lilo's who follow Mertle around and say "Yeah!"
- Moses Puloki — Lilo's hula teacher.
- Scrump — Lilo's handmade ragdoll.
- Pudge the Fish — A tropical fish who Lilo feeds peanut butter sandwiches every Thursday, believing that he controls the weather.
- Ice Cream Man — An unnamed man who is a running gag in the franchise, as almost every time he appears, he drops or loses his ice cream.
- Keoni Jameson — A boy from Lilo & Stitch: The Series who Lilo has a crush on.
- Victoria — A girl from the second season of The Series who becomes Lilo's first (human) friend.
- Yuna Kamihara — The deuteragonist of the Stitch! anime. An Okinawan human girl with a tomboyish personality who takes in Stitch after he ends up on her island.
- Wang Ai Ling — The deuteragonist of Stitch & Ai. A Chinese human girl living in the Huangshan mountains who takes in Stitch after he escapes from space pirates.