Copyright: disney parks
Disney Parks refers to The Walt Disney Company's theme park resorts and other leisure enterprises. It used to be a single subsidiary called Walt Disney Parks and Resorts (officially Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.) until March 14, 2018, when the company merged it with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media to form Walt Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
The resorts and their parks:
- Disneyland Resort – The resort with the original park in Anaheim, California that opened in 1955, which is the only one that Walt Disney himself created and visited in his lifetime. It expanded to a resort in 2001 with the opening of its second theme park.
- Walt Disney World Resort – The flagship resort of the company that opened in 1971, located near Orlando, Florida. It has four theme parks, two water parks (formerly three), a sports complex, and so much more. Simply put, it's huge. (See its wiki page for the list of parks.)
- Tokyo Disney Resort – The only licensed resort, owned and operated by The Oriental Land Company in Urayasu, Chiba, Japan since its opening in 1983; Disney does have a degree of creative control and the company's "Imagineers" built it.
- Disneyland Paris – Opened in Marne-la-Vallée, Île-de-France, France (near Paris) as Euro Disney Resort in 1992, this is the only non-American resort fully owned and operated by Disney.
- Disneyland Park – To avoid confusion with the American original, use the resort's name to refer to this park.
- Walt Disney Studios Park (tag unused)
- Hong Kong Disneyland Resort – Located in Penny's Bay, Lantau Island, Hong Kong and co-owned by Disney and the Government of Hong Kong. It opened in 2005 along with the park of the same name, its only theme park so far.
- Hong Kong Disneyland (tag unused)
- Shanghai Disney Resort – The newest resort as of 2016. Located in Pudong, Shanghai, China, Disney owns 43% of it and the remaining 57% is owned by Shanghai Shendi Group, which is a joint venture of three companies owned by the Shanghai government.
- Shanghai Disneyland Park (tag unused)
Attractions found in Disney Parks:
(Tagged attractions only)
- Buzz Lightyear attractions – Known as Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, et cetera depending on the version/park. Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command-themed attraction found in the Tomorrowland areas of the "Magic Kingdom"-style parks that's a cross between a dark ride and an infrared laser shooting gallery.
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress – Rotating theater currently located in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom about the advent of electricity and the advancement of technology throughout the 20th Century from the point of view of a "typical" American family.
- Cinderella Castle – The iconic landmark of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room – Theater-in-the-round attraction found in Disneyland, Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom, and Tokyo Disneyland that features singing birds and tiki gods. Iago and Zazu were previously featured in an infamous version of the show that was made for the Magic Kingdom, and Tokyo's version currently features Stitch.
- Expedition Everest — Legend of the Forbidden Mountain – Steel roller coaster in an artificial mountain at the Asia land of Disney's Animal Kingdom, where a yeti appears to attack visitors to a forbidden mountain next to Mount Everest.
- The Haunted Mansion – Iconic horror-themed dark ride found in most of the "Magic Kingdom"-style parks where grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize.
- Horizons – Extinct Epcot Omnimover dark ride formerly located in the Future World East area that was housed in trapezoidal-looking spaceship-styled building and was thematically a culmination of everything Future World focused on during its run. It permanently closed on January 9, 1999. Today, Mission: SPACE stands in its place.
- Journey into Imagination – Epcot dark ride in the Future World West area housed in the pyramid-roofed Imagination! pavilion that teaches guests about the wonders of using one's imagination. Stars a purple dragon named Figment who is considered to be Epcot's unofficial mascot.
- Jungle Cruise – Boat ride though "the jungles of the world" found in the Adventureland areas of "Magic Kingdom"-style parks known for its deliberately cheap-looking Audio-Animatronics and punny skippers.
- Spaceship Earth – Epcot's iconic geodesic sphere that houses an Omnimover dark ride about communication throughout human history.
- Splash Mountain – Log flume attraction themed after the animated segments of Song of the South that is found in the Critter Country areas of Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland, and the Frontierland area of Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.
- Disney Theme Parks on TV Tropes