e926 2017 anthro buckteeth clothed clothing comic dialogue dipstick_ears disney english_text feline female group hat hi_res judy_hopps lagomorph lynx male mammal mistermead monochrome rabbit speech_bubble stu_hopps teeth text zootopia
 

▼ Description
▼ Artist's Description

Water under the Burrows ch. 2 end.

Aaaand that’s it for chapter 2! Say hello to the Yevens!

Ooooo what can it all mean? Come back next time for the beginning of chapter 3, wherein the plot thickens like a sauce on a slow simmering burn. Mostly because it takes me ages to update this bloody thing!

Water under the Burrows is the comic sequel to Water under the Bridge, go read it if you haven’t already!

If you think sleep is a waste of time, and would like that I spend more hours everyday drawing OC CANCER, please do consider doing your part to keep me caffeinated by clicking this link!

A big THANK YOU to those that already donated! I read every comment you leave but as far as I’m aware there’s no way of replying directly through ko-fi. You know who you are, and I love every one of you!

Download | Full Size

▼ Old Comments

Sasparillafizz said:
Oh. Oh shit...

Just clicked.

Russian language? Family of female Lynx?

So, uh, Judy? Now might be a good time to Zoogle the Russian translation for "I'm sorry I indirectly got your brother murdered."

...And maybe hide Nick somewhere in the burrows, in case one of the sisters decides to follow in Grigori's pawprints...

thisisalongname said:

Sasparillafizz said:
Oh. Oh shit...

Just clicked.

Russian language? Family of female Lynx?

So, uh, Judy? Now might be a good time to Zoogle the Russian translation for "I'm sorry I indirectly got your brother murdered."

...And maybe hide Nick somewhere in the burrows, in case one of the sisters decides to follow in Grigori's pawprints...

Yep, looks like Anya and Kesnya and Mama have come back. Question is are they seeking revenge or closure? Guess we will find out.

DrBry said:
Some nighthowler extract in that borscht should do the revenge trick nicely.

GenericAngst said:
And then Nick shows up, curios as to what's in the pot, and notices that the Borscht smells off, (him knowing this because he's friends with Kozlov the Russian polar bear), so he spills the borscht to sabatoge their plans, and begins a secret investigation into the Lynxes.

chaopz said:
I always wonder how the original serum works, does it stop infecting after a certain range/ mammal count you know like the neurotoxin in 24? if it doesnt where in the hell is grigori gonna bring his family to if the plan succeeds....the walking savage lol

thisisalongname said:

chaopz said:
I always wonder how the original serum works, does it stop infecting after a certain range/ mammal count you know like the neurotoxin in 24? if it doesnt where in the hell is grigori gonna bring his family to if the plan succeeds....the walking savage lol

It required two components. One was the serum they were gonna inject into the water supply, the other was an additive they had been adding to food for years so it was stored in the fat of every mammal that ate from specific providers. It would have only affected those who drank the
contaminated water and also had eaten from those contaminated providers. So likely most of Zootopia but no where else.

chaopz said:

thisisalongname said:
It required two components. One was the serum they were gonna inject into the water supply, the other was an additive they had been adding to food for years so it was stored in the fat of every mammal that ate from specific providers. It would have only affected those who drank the
contaminated water and also had eaten from those contaminated providers. So likely most of Zootopia but no where else.

well doesnt stop the two of them from enjoying bugburgers though, considering that water can be transported in many forms they better be far far away. yeah the Y.K.W chewed on an infected nick so i guess its not contagious

thisisalongname said:

chaopz said:
well doesnt stop the two of them from enjoying bugburgers though, considering that water can be transported in many forms they better be far far away. yeah the Y.K.W chewed on an infected nick so i guess its not contagious

What it could mean though is that only nick and Judy will be affected. Since it's unlikely the hopps family has eaten contaminated food, if the serum is in the borscht then it would only affect those two. Could be the revenge they are after, have her be the cause of deaths in her own family both from bringing nick and by her own hand.

iFunkyFox said:
Guys, don't worry. On last picture behind the text bubble "i need to do this" are russian text which translated " i need to talk with her" sooo... it'll be only a talk
.. at least i hope so :}

Sasparillafizz said:

iFunkyFox said:
Guys, don't worry. On last picture behind the text bubble "i need to do this" are russian text which translated " i need to talk with her" sooo... it'll be only a talk
.. at least i hope so :}

Probably. Remember, Gregorri may have been a vicious killer, but he was VERY protective of his family. He got his hands bloody to keep theirs bloodless. Elim even implied they were comfortable and sheltered, and Gregori felt that wasn't enough, that they deserved to live like Queens. I expect they were definitely not as far down the dark side path as their brother. They grew up in a rough neighborhood, maybe did some unpleasant things to get by, but they tried to be good mammals.

I don't think we're going to see any Mafia style revenge thoughts from them. They undoubtedly know the truth about Gregori if they know about Hopps; it's kind of hard to find out he was murdered by a cop without finding out WHY he was murdered by a cop.

So I expect the conversation to be more of trying to find resolution. Either in the 'I know he was a monster and he did bad things, but he was my brother and he protected us' route; or the 'He was my brother first and you killed him. Why? Couldn't you have tazered him? Did you have to take our brother from me?' Or possibly simply acknowledging he needed to be stopped. He was family, but there was no forgiveness for what he was doing, and she wants to talk to Hopps to let her know they hold no grudge.

His death has likely led to many conflicted feelings with them. Particularly the genocide and blood money, combined with any fallout of being familial related to such a public pariah. They may be placing some of the blame of the difficulty they are enduring on Nick and Judy.

FantasiIFrittFall said:
Holy... FUCK this is getting scary.

Why do I get the feeling, 'Svetlana' is cooking up trouble.