EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Because it's still in its editing phase. Once it's established, that's exactly what we'll do.

I'm suggesting this because the CoC is in it's editing phase - it would be useful to have a visual indication of the changes to the site's rules so that those authoring - and suggesting changes to - them know what changes have been made, because all we have as it stands is a vague reference to 'some changes mentioned in a previous post' and a lack of clue as to what has changed, especially as you're running everything past The Powers That Be, who may have other changes to suggest, afterwards.

Butterscotch said:
post #387117

I can't believe both comments are from the same picture...

when i said "i'd like to know" and "i'd like to ask" i actually meant the very opposite

]:

So, there's nothing about sexism in the Code?

Granberia
Contributor
4 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Rating: Safe
Score: 15
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

leo_nine said:
I'm suggesting this because the CoC is in it's editing phase - it would be useful to have a visual indication of the changes to the site's rules so that those authoring - and suggesting changes to - them know what changes have been made, because all we have as it stands is a vague reference to 'some changes mentioned in a previous post' and a lack of clue as to what has changed, especially as you're running everything past The Powers That Be, who may have other changes to suggest, afterwards.

There is still google cache copy of CoC from 30 september. The changes are mostly about changing "threads" to "threads or comments" or correcting spelling mistakes

I have few comments about rules again.

Janitor: Can delete forum posts

Actually now I have an option to hide comment, and hide blip, see hidden comments on comment search view, but don't have option to hide forum post.

3. Suspension (negative record): This is a temporary two-week ban from the site and forums.

This was changed comparing to 30 sep version. Is removing flexibility of duration of bans is a good thing?

leo_nine said:

Agreed, thats what I said. If they are going to update the CoC then give us a change log so we know whats changed.

Renard_Queenston said:
So, there's nothing about sexism in the Code?

I think thats under trolling...

Okay as another user mentioned.....why are creepy comments now allowed? ....

Quote:"as long as they are not talking about sex acts with a real-life animal or similar, it's all good."

Wat....wasnt the whole point of no creepy comments so we dont have to see spam of people who want to "fuck rainbow dash's ass til she cums rainbows while licking a rabbit's asshole" and other creepy shit like that.

Please can we add creepy comments back to the list of rules.....its been a rule for so long now, I dont see any real reason for its removal.

Granberia
Contributor
4 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Score: 15
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

Oh yeah, I'm also for no creepy comments rule back.

Conker said:
creepy comments now allowed

Huh... Gonna byte your bits. All eight of them. :3

Halite
Privileged
4 years ago
2012 4:3 ambiguous_gender arrwulf canine cub cute dark_grey_hair feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal playful solo wolf young

Score: 28
User: Halite
Date: May 11, 2013

I thought the "no creepy comments" rule was to prevent artists/character owners from being creeped out and requesting a removal of their art.

Also, I'd like to add my vote for it's return.

Yes please, we really don't need all this creepy bullshit.

Throwing my hat in for punching creepers. :P

Halite said:
I thought the "no creepy comments" rule was to prevent artists/character owners from being creeped out and requesting a removal of their art.

Also, I'd like to add my vote for it's return.

Yeah that too. Matter of fact....where did it say we removed them? Why was there no bloody discussion of its removal? Why is it now said its only for real life animals....I mean I really really really dont want to hear how someone wants to fuck then rim some image's asshole over and over again. Thats just creepy...

Oh wonderful, creepy comments being allowed means I go figure out how GreaseMonkey works so I can hide the comments entirely. Fuck.

No wonder all the recent tickets about creepy commenting were cleared without action. I vote for bringing that rule back. I don't want to know what a user wants to do to a character and etc.

Please don't tell me this decision was based on "people who make creepy comments are somehow more likely to drive traffic and thus ad views". Let me be seeing shapes in clouds.

Foobaria said:
Please don't tell me this decision was based on "people who make creepy comments are somehow more likely to drive traffic and thus ad views". Let me be seeing shapes in clouds.

It will drive a lot of people (myself included) to leave the site or at least take drastic measures (something like Foob mentioned).

If creepers are allowed I am at least turning adblock back on. I feel less inclined to help the site financially when it is shared with THOSE people D:

What's funny is that it had been one of the more consistently-applied rules. The clear violations were nuked, and the ones that are rather int he grey area were left alone to be voted down if more people than not thought it crossed the line.

Maybe something like that would work for posts, too: Things that are "are you fucking kidding me why did you even think we'd want this on our site" would be nuked, and let the votes speak for the rest that are more subjective. I'm pretty sure there's already a blacklist option for score, so just implement an auto-blacklist thing with a threshold for post score (and a checkbox to turn off the auto-blacklist), which would work just like auto-hiding of comments below their threshold.

Foobaria said:

I'm still shocked the rule was changed with no feedback from any of the userbase....It feels like there was no thought placed into this. Besides....didnt a few artists want their art removed due to creepy comments about their art at one time? ...I still dont get why it was removed without notice.

If there is no more no creepy comment rule...I might just not use the site due to the over flood of "I want to lick that fox-horse's vagina all night long till she cums hard in my face" comments. It just creeps out artists to remove their stuff and makes people not want to use the site.

Patchi
Privileged
4 years ago
abstract_background anthro blue_eyes brown_hair brown_nose cat conditional_dnp eyelashes feline female hair hi_res looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal open_mouth patchi ratte siamese slit_pupils smile solo teeth

Score: 85
User: Patchi
Date: July 27, 2013

Creepy comments are allowed?

Are you serious?

Are you fucking serious?

Patch said:
Creepy comments are allowed?

Are you serious?

Are you fucking serious?

I'm cereal...I'm super cereal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05YfP_8UsU

Want to see what a site without management of creepy comments looks like? Gelbooru. Do you want to be Gelbooru? Because no, you don't. Some of the comments on that site make my skin crawl. And I don't mean figuratively: It actually crawled, like I had been sitting there minding my own business, and suddenly realized that sixteen tarantulas were standing all around me, just staring at me.

Awful site.

Fluttershy
Privileged
4 years ago

Foobaria said:
Want to see what a site without management of creepy comments looks like? Gelbooru. Do you want to be Gelbooru? Because no, you don't. Some of the comments on that site make my skin crawl. And I don't mean figuratively: It actually crawled, like I had been sitting there minding my own business, and suddenly realized that sixteen tarantulas were standing all around me, just staring at me.

Awful site.

Gelbooru isn't that bad (and I actually like it for non-furry images) compared to rule34.paheal comments.

Patchi
Privileged
4 years ago
abstract_background anthro blue_eyes brown_hair brown_nose cat conditional_dnp eyelashes feline female hair hi_res looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal open_mouth patchi ratte siamese slit_pupils smile solo teeth

Score: 85
User: Patchi
Date: July 27, 2013

Foobaria said:

Awful site.

Oh god.. every time I went onto Gelbooru to check sources on doujinshi, it made my skin crawl too. It's so god damn creepy there that I cannot stand to go to it.

Please bring back the 'no creepy comments' rule..

Foobaria said:
Oh wonderful, creepy comments being allowed means I go figure out how GreaseMonkey works so I can hide the comments entirely. Fuck.

Account Settings → [x] Show comments

Remove the tick, profit.