Granberia
Contributor
4 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Rating: Safe
Score: 9
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

Illegal drugs & Illegal activities

Can we get a list what drugs, and activities are considered illegal? It varies from country to country. Should we banned women who claim that are driving car - it's forbidden in Saudi Arabia.

Tasteless kinks

I find straight sex in missionary position to be tasteless. I hope it would be banned.

But seriously though, for most people on earth furry is "extreme" fetish. I really think that this need more clarification. Does this is tasteless/extreme? What about sites that contains extreme kinks, but are not mainly about them? After all e621 has shitting_dicknipples.

Patchi
Privileged
4 years ago
abstract_background anthro blue_eyes brown_hair brown_nose cat conditional_dnp eyelashes feline female hair hi_res looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal open_mouth patchi ratte siamese slit_pupils smile solo teeth

Score: 82
User: Patchi
Date: July 27, 2013

I'm still concerned.

Can I swear or not?

Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
Can we get a list what drugs, and activities are considered illegal? It varies from country to country. Should we banned women who claim that are driving car - it's forbidden in Saudi Arabia.

Weed is legal in certain counties and states in the USA for medical use. Soo...perhaps this should be looked over a bit more :v

Halite
Privileged
4 years ago
2012 4:3 ambiguous_gender arrwulf canine cub cute dark_grey_hair feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal playful solo wolf young

Score: 27
User: Halite
Date: May 11, 2013

Conker said:
Weed is legal in certain counties and states in the USA for medical use. Soo...perhaps this should be looked over a bit more :v

It's even legal for recreational use in 2 states now.
Medical is legal in 20 states, including Arizona where BD is located, and even more states have "decriminalized" it (minor misdemeanor to possess a personal use amount, about as bad as a speeding ticket).

Granberia
Contributor
4 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Score: 9
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

Halite said:
including Arizona where BD is located

So, how many dildos do you have in the house?

Patch said:
I'm still concerned.

Can I swear or not?

No you can't fucking swear, Jesus H. Tittyfucking Christ on a pissbag.

yes you can swear its fun do it go ahead

EDFDarkAngel1
Former Staff
4 years ago
ambiguous_gender backpack camera dave_the_pangolin english_text eyewear feral glasses hi_res looking_at_viewer mammal narse pangolin scales simple_background smile solo source_request text

Score: 22
User: EDFDarkAngel1
Date: September 23, 2014

I laughed while shaking my head.

Sorry to disappoint :P

Fluttershy
Privileged
4 years ago

Well seems like Reaper did got a negative after all...

Butterscotch said:
Well seems like Reaper did got a negative after all...

And is now going nuts with stupid uploads

Fluttershy
Privileged
4 years ago

CamKitty said:
And is now going nuts with stupid uploads

Less than an hour later and he's permabanned :P

Butterscotch said:
Less than an hour later and he's permabanned :P

Turns out he was ban evading from another permabanned account from a long time ago

TheHuskyK9 said:
Turns out he was ban evading from another permabanned account from a long time ago

I suspected something.

Renard_Queenston said:
I suspected something.

I knew it when I saw the pig balls.

Seven_Twenty said:

Ah, furryfan

Halite
Privileged
4 years ago
2012 4:3 ambiguous_gender arrwulf canine cub cute dark_grey_hair feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal playful solo wolf young

Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
So, how many dildos do you have in the house?

Currently, 5, but before I sold a bunch of my BD toys to pay some bills I had like 30.

ippiki ookami
Former Staff
4 years ago
2006 abstract_background ambiguous_gender beige_skin blank_stare blue_eyes border brown_fur brown_markings cat chemicalalia circle clothing digital_media_(artwork) dotted_background english_text eyefuck feet feline feral fluffy fluffy_tail footwear frosted_butts full-length_portrait fur high_heels human humanoid_feet humor hybrid lol_comments looking_away mammal markings multicolored_fur pattern_background plantigrade portrait quadruped shoes side_view simple_background solo standing tan_fur text two_tone_fur what where_is_your_god_now white_fur

Score: 111
User: msc
Date: April 30, 2007

Why does all the fun stuff happen when I'm at work ;_; I want to ban people tooooo

Okay I am a bit worried about a new change I have noticed

"- Having someone post on your behalf "

If a user is banned and a friend on the site posts to an admin a ban appel since the banner user can not get in touch with the admin....would they be banned for that? or does "- Having someone post on your behalf " mean something else?

Isn't the tag wait a bit too much?
A lot of times i miss out some or even make a mistake i want to correct in a post.

Fox2K9 said:
Isn't the tag wait a bit too much?
A lot of times i miss out some or even make a mistake i want to correct in a post.

It's to prevent trolls that just joined from tag vandalizing

Halite
Privileged
4 years ago

Conker said:
Okay I am a bit worried about a new change I have noticed

"- Having someone post on your behalf "

If a user is banned and a friend on the site posts to an admin a ban appel since the banner user can not get in touch with the admin....would they be banned for that? or does "- Having someone post on your behalf " mean something else?

I would say a PM to an admin would likely not earn you a ban.

Either way though, the proper method of appeal is likely email since the contact details of those you would appeal to have been provided.

Seven_Twenty said:

http://i.imgur.com/zI8Mt.jpg

All I get from these "forbidden topics" are that they are so vague and misinterpretable that they've increased ambiguity and double-standard application rather than decreased it. Starting to feel like there's not really any point to being logged into this site anymore, and it's safest to just log out and browse that way from now on. With the added benefit that you don't have to listen to me complain anymore.

Foobaria said:
All I get from these "forbidden topics" are that they are so vague and misinterpretable that they've increased ambiguity and double-standard application rather than decreased it. Starting to feel like there's not really any point to being logged into this site anymore, and it's safest to just log out and browse that way from now on. With the added benefit that you don't have to listen to me complain anymore.

I agree with you on that. Its way to vague, too full of misinterpretation and loopholes...

Foobaria said:

Conker said:
I agree with you on that. Its way to vague, too full of misinterpretation and loopholes...

That's because both of you are negative nannies, I looked at the past ninety pages of forum threads and couldn't find a single topic that would have needed to be locked additionally.
We already lock troll, spam or otherwise dumb threads, only additional thing would be political threads and when was the last time we had one of those with any resemblance of actual discussion going on? SOPA and DOMA come to mind (and where the only topics in those 90 pages) and at least DOMA got locked because it turned into a shit fest.

So, how exactly do we censor you by forcing things to be a bit more civil and less waste of space/time/spam?

NotMeNotYou said:

That's because both of you are negative nannies....

Its not about being negative, its unclear vague rules. I mean just read the replies to this thread, some users have already pointed out a few flaws in these rules along with myself. All I am saying is....it should be made a bit clearer in writing, thats all.

TheHuskyK9 said:
It's to prevent trolls that just joined from tag vandalizing

Is this just for the first X [time] for the new members or globally for all members?

I usually avoid posting on the forums but I felt the genuine need to add feedback regarding the Code of Conduct changes that have been thrust upon the community arbitrarily. I echo the sentiment of others in that the CoC as it stands is so ambiguous, so unclear, that it could be summarised with "We may ban you at any time, for any reason, at moderator discretion". Beyond that sentiment the CoC adds no substance or clarity what so ever.

For example, the CoC details "categories" whose general purpose is not clearly defined. That is to say, not once is it explicitly stated "Engaging in conduct as defined in any of the categories below is against the Code of Conduct and may attract administrative sanctions". In fact, it's not even implied. Granted you've provided a reasonably concise definition for "Advertising", but not once have you stated that "Advertising" (or any of the other categories) is actually against the Code of Conduct.

I hope the Admins will address the gaping deficiencies in how these changes are being communicated to users sooner rather than later.

Edit: Also having conflicting messages regarding the scope of the rules. Given that the very first line of them is "Welcome to the e621 Discussion Forums!" - That would usually lead a reasonable person to assume that the text that follows pertains to the forums only. While the announcement banner and text above that is along the lines of "Updated site / forum rules have been posted".

Edit: Interestingly enough, one of the promotional points for the change was to prevent "double standards". And yet one of the first lines stated is "No one is going to enforce these with an iron fist" (Translation: We'll selectively enforce these rules when we feel like it)

Edit: Also of interest "We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis. The action we take may be more lenient or more severe than those listed under each category:" - Wait, the categories have actions listed under them? Where? I don't see it.