O16 said:

Considering that exist "complete" dictionaries for formal and informal english for each english-speaking country and many knowledge sub-fields have their own dictionaries as well; that encompasses almost every word except for the non-popular neologisms.

Then you have answered your own question.

I mean, we're talking about names here. If your name is a single word it's probably not unique, if you use two random words chances are your name is now already much more unique. The border where an amalgamation of common words becomes unique is fluid and depends on a bunch of factors.


FoxyBomb said:
So I can't ironically say "send nudes" anymore? lol

congress already passed a law saying it's illegal in some states now...

senate bill 255
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/13-14/bill/sen/sb_0251-0300/sb_255_bill_20130507_amended_sen_v98.html


I know I am me, and I have no interest in being anyone else. So I have no qualms with this new rule.


Since the "Solicitation" Rule now requires staff to take anything even remotely solicit-sounding fully seriously and at face value, does this mean the future end of jokes and sarcasm on e621?


NotMeNotYou, any chance my username will cause issues? Folks mistake me every so often for Braeburned, though I do make a good faith effort to clear it up when it happens.


Brayburned said:
NotMeNotYou, any chance my username will cause issues? Folks mistake me every so often for Braeburned, though I do make a good faith effort to clear it up when it happens.

As long as you make it clear that you aren't the artist (which you do) then you won't have any issues.


A part of me wants to ask if I can get my old username (hairydevil) back, but on the other hand, I've grown accustomed to this one over the years. I'm torn.


HarryDevil said:
A part of me wants to ask if I can get my old username (hairydevil) back, but on the other hand, I've grown accustomed to this one over the years. I'm torn.

Well, the Code of Conduct forum thread probably wouldn't be the place to do it either way.


LoveTheBehind said:
So how would someone steal a name anyway?

Ask Yubaba. She does it often.


Teeny tiny update: I split the first section "Code of Conduct Introduction" into "Code of Conduct Introduction", "Table of Contents", and "Glossary", because those were all hidden in there and that was annoying me.

No actual changes to any rules whatsoever.


Rather significant update: All records will now slowly "decay" in 6 month intervals. This means that any negative record old enough will become a neutral, and then eventually being deleted. So if you haven't broken the rules in a couple years you're actually now able to get back to a pristine account.

Actual text on the CoC:

Decay of Records:

  • Any record for a suspension will be turned into a negative record after 6 months of no new infractions
  • Any negative record will be turned into a neutral record after 6 months of no new infractions
  • Any neutral record will be removed after 6 months of no new infractions

Permanent bans will never expire but may be appealed through email.

This is not something that is performed by the page itself but instead must be done manually by a member of staff, so if you have old records that qualify please let one of us know and we'll clean them up for you.


woah...neg records can now expire and bans appealed? that's some big news.

uh... DMail sent.


NotMeNotYou said:
This is not something that is performed by the page itself but instead must be done manually by a member of staff, so if you have old records that qualify please let one of us know and we'll clean them up for you.

I've got a negative record from four years ago.


Rally said:
I've got a negative record from four years ago.

Done.


My green apple jolly rancher is safe from this, right?


Furrin_Gok said:
My green apple jolly rancher is safe from this, right?

nop gonna delet


How long does it take for these to "expire"? I got into a bit of a spitting contest with some users I find less than savory and now the admins are on me. I don't know if they examined the context of this but I find their stance on my position to be just as distasteful.

Let me be clear, I am trying to remain civil about this. I don't know the proper channels to contest this and I'm trying to stay calm but I am exceedingly angry about this...


digitalpunk2005 said:
How long does it take for these to "expire"? I got into a bit of a spitting contest with some users I find less than savory and now the admins are on me. I don't know if they examined the context of this but I find their stance on my position to be just as distasteful.

Let me be clear, I am trying to remain civil about this. I don't know the proper channels to contest this and I'm trying to stay calm but I am exceedingly angry about this...

As is literally written above: 6 months for neutrals, and a total of 12 months for a simple negative record.

And yes, the context has been examined, but your comment is harassing in nature towards them, which is the important part here.


NotMeNotYou said:
As is literally written above: 6 months for neutrals, and a total of 12 months for a simple negative record.

And yes, the context has been examined, but your comment is harassing in nature towards them, which is the important part here.

If you have examined the context of which my statement was made and find that I am still at fault, even though I still don't believe that I am, I will accept that. I'll just avoid responding to them.

BTW the statement I refer to is the one which I have a negative strike for. That is the one I contested. When I went back and looked at the one I have a neutral strike for I couldn't find any flaw in the decision on it.


NotMeNotYou said:
This is not something that is performed by the page itself but instead must be done manually by a member of staff, so if you have old records that qualify please let one of us know and we'll clean them up for you.

I have a neutral from eleven months ago, if it's not asking too much.
I blame myself for not realizing nhentai was pirated content sooner.

Mdf
Member
12 hours ago
adelaherz anthro beverage book bookshelf brick caldraken claws clothed clothing cup dragon electricity fire fireplace food furgonomics hi_res horn hornband inside lightning looking_at_viewer male mantelplace membranous_wings robes scalie solo steam table window wings wooden wooden_floor

Rating: Safe
Score: 77
User: Cat-in-Flight
Date: February 02, 2016

I'm curious if these records will still be visible even though they effectively wear off over time. Even though the record doesn't count against the user, will the details of the incident still be public?


Mdf said:
I'm curious if these records will still be visible even though they effectively wear off over time. Even though the record doesn't count against the user, will the details of the incident still be public?

Nope. When they're gone, they're gone.


NotMeNotYou said:
Rather significant update: All records will now slowly "decay" in 6 month intervals. This means that any negative record old enough will become a neutral, and then eventually being deleted. So if you haven't broken the rules in a couple years you're actually now able to get back to a pristine account.

Actual text on the CoC:

This is not something that is performed by the page itself but instead must be done manually by a member of staff, so if you have old records that qualify please let one of us know and we'll clean them up for you.

As far as I know, this change is not new, because at least unofficially, this was perhaps already a year ago already applied to at least one user. This I found at that time already unfair, since one had simply so 2 negatives had cleared.

I think it is very good to be able to clean up his mistakes of the past, but I have to think about the change. Instead of deleting the negatives of the past, I'd rather give the counter to 0 digits or a positive as a reward for reasonable behavior. That would be better in my opinion, because you will see in your solution later no longer whether a user, with which there are problems, already had problems in the past when his negative records are deleted.

▼ German - Deutsch

So weit ich weiß ist diese Änderung nicht neu, denn zumindest inoffiziell wurde diese vor vielleicht einem Jahr schon bei mindestens einem User angewandt. Dies fand ich zu jener Zeit schon unfair, da man einfach so 2 Negative gelöscht hatte.

Ich finde es durchaus gut das man seine Fehler der Vergangenheit wieder bereinigen kann, doch habe ich bei der Änderung etwas bedenken. Statt die Negativen der Vergangenheit zu löschen, würde ich eher den Zähler auf 0 Stellen oder ein Positives als Belohnung für vernünftiges Verhalten geben. Das wäre meiner Meinung nach besser, denn ihr seht bei eurer Lösung später nicht mehr ob ein User, mit dem es Probleme gibt, bereits in der Vergangenheit Probleme gab, wenn seine negativen Records gelöscht sind.