nme22 said:
but what if it's a "trap" comic? in your situation, yea, if it looks like a girl, you may not wanna see it, you'd only want to see the next page where s/he lifts hir skirt (or whatever the politically correct term is.), BUT in another situation, I have Dickgirl blacklisted (not really, being hypothetical) , i search female, see her about to lift her skirt, and next page surprise penis ruins my day, despite my blacklist, because i click "next"

Dont care, tag what you see. I dont care if it has a dick within the next 5 pages of some comic, we tag what we see on that image not the rest. If not when searching up a tag we end up seeing something else not in that image, Tag what you see, is the best rule on this site as it keeps you from seeing shit you dont like to see.

As you said you dont like dickgirls? Well when you search female you will see images of females, as they are seen and tagged. Since you have the next bit blacklisted you wont see it anyway. We should not ruin tags just because you think we should tag things not in the image. Simple as that.

Halite
Privileged
3 years ago
2012 ambiguous_gender ariffrazalin canine cute feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal solo wolf

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: Halite
Date: May 11, 2013

if you're that worried about a trap in a comic you can always search the pool, and add or subtract tags to see if there's pages in the comic that have stuff you don't like.

Until pool tagging is implemented that's the best option.


ippiki_ookami said:
I don't agree with this at all. Just because an image happens to be in a pool shouldnt make it exempt from twys. Other images in the pool is still outside information.

I agree, but in the same breath we need pool tagging so we can tag a pool under a certain classification (so individual images can be examined out of context, while the entire pool can be).

Granberia
Contributor
3 years ago
2016 abs amber_eyes animal_humanoid armpits blush breasts clothed clothing dragon dragon_humanoid dunceneygak female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest muscular muscular_female pink_hair scales simple_background solo standing topless towel towel_around_neck video_games white_background

Rating: Safe
Score: 39
User: Granberia
Date: April 29, 2017

I suggested pool tags on feature request few months ago. The one thing that bugs me about e621 is that on feature request thread there is rarely any feedback so I don't know whether:
a) Admins think it's good idea, and it may be implemented in future.
b) Admins think it sucks or/and it's too hard to implement.
c) Everyone was too busy at that time to even look at that thread.

Halite
Privileged
3 years ago
2012 ambiguous_gender ariffrazalin canine cute feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal solo wolf

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: Halite
Date: May 11, 2013

I doubt that there's a quick and easy way to add pool tagging, that being said I would like to add all of my vote in favor of it.
Tagging single images based on other images in the pool is horrible, but the ability to see all the appropriate content tags for a comic at once is extremely useful.


Halite said:
I doubt that there's a quick and easy way to add pool tagging, that being said I would like to add all of my vote in favor of it.
Tagging single images based on other images in the pool is horrible, but the ability to see all the appropriate content tags for a comic at once is extremely useful.

well, i'd imagine "pool-tagging" would be automatic. if the images in a pool are tagged
male,solo,fox,
and
female,male,duo,feline,fox,kiss
then it would automatically be tagged
male female solo duo feline fox kiss,
and so a post would have an extra side-bar labeled "pool tags" in addition to it's regular "Tags" section
then an image would have a boarder on it's thumb-nail if its in a pool with black-listed posts...

of course all of this seems very convoluted at this point... I think the other idea would be simpler. just don't display an image, on it's page if it's blacklisted, and provide a "show anyway" button. no chance of running into stuff you don't want from pools, or links.

Conker said:
Dont care, tag what you see. I dont care if it has a dick within the next 5 pages of some comic, we tag what we see on that image not the rest. If not when searching up a tag we end up seeing something else not in that image, Tag what you see, is the best rule on this site as it keeps you from seeing shit you dont like to see.

As you said you dont like dickgirls? Well when you search female you will see images of females, as they are seen and tagged. Since you have the next bit blacklisted you wont see it anyway. We should not ruin tags just because you think we should tag things not in the image. Simple as that.

I don't mean putting a "dick" tag on an image with a lone nude woman that has a naked guy appearing 5 pages later. i mean, if you see a character with breasts, and a skirt, you'd probably tag it "female", but if the next page of that comic reveals that the "female" is actually a "shemale", the first page should be "shemale".

unless they are fully nude, we make assumptions of genders, because parts are hidden. all we see are breasts, there is no way to tell if there is a vagina, or penis under that skirt.


No go on that nme. That's exactly what TWYS DOES NOT allow. We've had massive arguments over this as a community- We do NOT allow outside information EXCEPT for character names and artists, for obvious reasons.

This said, having all the tags in the pool collated *if it is marked as a comic pool and not just an image pool* and displayed on the pool page would be awesome, and likely wouldn't be that intensive a function.


123easy said:
No go on that nme. That's exactly what TWYS DOES NOT allow. We've had massive arguments over this as a community- We do NOT allow outside information EXCEPT for character names and artists, for obvious reasons.

my only argument is that pages of a comic, are the same piece of artwork.doesn't make sense to me that if all pages are stitched together, it'd be tagged just "shemale" but when split it'd be labeled "female" on one page, and "shemale" on the other

Halite
Privileged
3 years ago
2012 ambiguous_gender ariffrazalin canine cute feral fur grey_fur grey_hair hair looking_at_viewer mammal solo wolf

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: Halite
Date: May 11, 2013

nme22 said:
my only argument is that pages of a comic, are the same piece of artwork.doesn't make sense to me that if all pages are stitched together, it'd be tagged just "shemale" but when split it'd be labeled "female" on one page, and "shemale" on the other

We tag each upload separately.
Not by "piece of artwork".
If you want to "stitch together" comic pages into a single upload, I don't think anything is stopping you.


nme22 said:
my only argument is that pages of a comic, are the same piece of artwork.doesn't make sense to me that if all pages are stitched together, it'd be tagged just "shemale" but when split it'd be labeled "female" on one page, and "shemale" on the other

They are not the same piece of artwork. Each page is a separate piece. Yes, there is the cohesive grouping of the individual pieces into a collection called a multi-page comic, but that is not the same. If you stitched together each page into a single image and uploaded that, assuming the admins didn't delete it because it'd be retardedly long, that would be fine to tag everything in that entire piece together, as such images are considered to both be an individual piece of art itself as well as a collation of the artwork used to make it.


nme22 said:

I don't mean putting a "dick" tag on an image with a lone nude woman that has a naked guy appearing 5 pages later. i mean, if you see a character with breasts, and a skirt, you'd probably tag it "female", but if the next page of that comic reveals that the "female" is actually a "shemale", the first page should be "shemale".

No, as the first page does not show a dickgirl but a female. So when someone searches the tag dickgirl they dont have to deal with images of females. Also when some searches female, they dont miss out on images showing a char that looks female with no sign of being something else on that image. Tag what you see...we dont break that rule. Without it, it would mess up tags and searches.


alright, looks like it's a unanimous "no", so i leave off with one last thing.

Conker said:
No, as the first page does not show a dickgirl but a female.

that's the thing. when clothed a female and a shemale look the same, as do cuntboys and males. if in a single picture i see what the artist calls a "shemale" but i see only a female, then yes, that's the reason for "tag what you see". looks like a female, i'll treat it like a female, BUT hypothetically, if i couldn't stand dick-girls, i'd be pretty mad clicking "next" and finding out it was a shemale i thought was cute. an artist could draw a character as male, and again as female, so one can't assume a pic of Renamon is female when one can't see breasts. Comics to me are different, they are a solid storyline,drawn normally by a single artist.

still, i say there should be either pool-tags, or better black-list blocking.


As many of you have guessed, I meant pools, not sets. Sorry about that!


nme22 said:
alright, looks like it's a unanimous "no", so i leave off with one last thing.
that's the thing. when clothed a female and a shemale look the same, as do cuntboys and males. if in a single picture i see what the artist calls a "shemale" but i see only a female, then yes, that's the reason for "tag what you see". looks like a female, i'll treat it like a female, BUT hypothetically, if i couldn't stand dick-girls, i'd be pretty mad clicking "next" and finding out it was a shemale i thought was cute. an artist could draw a character as male, and again as female, so one can't assume a pic of Renamon is female when one can't see breasts. Comics to me are different, they are a solid storyline,drawn normally by a single artist.

still, i say there should be either pool-tags, or better black-list blocking.

And this is why we're requesting pool tags for images in a set so that that sort of situation can be avoided, but that said, pools as they are currently are view at your own risk. The only person you have any right to be mad at is yourself if you hate seeing other genders that much. :/


nme22 said:
BUT hypothetically, if i couldn't stand dick-girls, i'd be pretty mad clicking "next" and finding out it was a shemale i thought was cute.Comics to me are different, they are a solid storyline,drawn normally by a single artist.

If you have dickgirl blacklisted you wouldnt see it anyway. Also comics are not the point of discussion, we tag what you see by pic to pic, if its not in the image we dont tag it. I think everyone has already made that clear already. Because I know people who look up the tag dickgirl dont wish to see a fully clothed female tagged as dickgirl, that just pisses people off with bad tagging. ...I think Iv'e made my point clear enough.


Conker said:
If you have dickgirl blacklisted you wouldnt see it anyway.

Actually, if he clicks next in a pool, he will see it. Blacklisting just prevents it from being thumbed/displayed in a regular search. If it's blacklisted in a pool you're viewing, it just has the blacklisted thumb replacement, but can still be accessed through clicking the image directly in the pool (not what's going on here) or clicking next until it comes up in the natural progression of the pool (which has no warning).


(Search Help) said:
pool:fox_and_the_grapes
pool:4
Search for posts in the pool Fox and the Grapes. You can also specify a pool ID.

If people are seriously that butthurt about seeing dicks then just search the pool before you browse. If it returns anything then you know you don't want it.
A temporary fix until someone decides pool-wide blacklist is a good idea.


DarkShadow6 said:
If people are seriously that butthurt about seeing dicks then just search the pool before you browse. If it returns anything then you know you don't want it.
A temporary fix until someone decides pool-wide blacklist is a good idea.

well, it's a lot of work. it'd be a very convenient feature, to either block blacklisted stuff (on it's page, not just the thumbnail) or provide some kind of warning (not blocked) if future pages have stuff you don't want, like scat.

EDIT:
to clarify, if page 1 of a comic has a beautiful woman, and page 3 has scat, i don't wanna miss out on page 1 because of scat on 3. i understand that, i suggest a warning or no-page-block, or both


Also, can there be a rule about not posting embeded material? like stuff that relies on an outside server to run. (I.E. youtube vids)


nme22 said:
Also, can there be a rule about not posting embeded material? like stuff that relies on an outside server to run. (I.E. youtube vids)

Why should that be against the rules?


Renard_Queenston said:
Why should that be against the rules?

because, if the source server loses the vid, so do we, If it's just embedded. it's happened with a youtube embed. people should use a video-ripper or something.


nme22 said:
because, if the source server loses the vid, so do we, If it's just embedded. it's happened with a youtube embed. people should use a video-ripper or something.

That isn't actually anything to be concerned about.


CoC has been updated!

Changelog
Update 12.16.13 (Current version)
Expanded category "Posting Abuse"
Migrated CoC to site Wiki
Minor formatting and grammar changes
Expanded "Contact Information"


Peekaboo said:

And regarding memes, how strict is the rule now? Since we have quite a lot of meme stuff on here, and I'd like it to continue to grow, at a slow rate that is.

memes are fine so long as they have some sort of artistic merit, just like always


Peekaboo said:
"Uploading screenshots, images under 200x200 pixels, images with artifacts or large watermarks, and/or non-artistic images (motivational posters, Second Life, memes, image macros, etc.)"

Now, I still don't fully understand this. What's the deal with a lot of screenshots being approved? Especially Skyrim screenshots since the images uploaded are usually just screenshots from some low-quality bondage/sex mod in action.

And regarding memes, how strict is the rule now? Since we have quite a lot of meme stuff on here, and I'd like it to continue to grow, at a slow rate that is.

Admin roulette basically :P


EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Uploading screenshots, images under 200x200 pixels, images with artifacts or large watermarks, and/or non-artistic images (motivational posters, Second Life, memes, image macros, etc.)

Wait a sec...wasnt the rule under 300x300? Also, whats wrong with large watermarks if they are done well? (aka see though ect) I know a lot of stupidfox work has watermarks and some stuff uploaded from da but its still good work non the less.

Lastly no memes? Why not?

ippiki_ookami said:
memes are fine so long as they have some sort of artistic merit, just like always

Which is it? The update on the rules says they are not allowed...it seems like this isnt being clear on whats allowed or not allowed...again.

CamKitty said:
Admin roulette basically :P

Seems so...


Update 12.19.13
Expanded category "Abuse of Site Tools"


EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Update 12.19.13
Expanded category "Abuse of Site Tools"

"In addition, if a person who is submitting content wishes it for it to be removed, for any reason, within 48 hours, that request will be honored."

So then if someone posts a picture, then goes, "oh crap, artist wants it taken down, submitting request because they talked to me and my bad!" it'll be treated as a normal takedown request from a copyright holder? If it's how I'm understanding it, that's a good change.


123easy said:
"In addition, if a person who is submitting content wishes it for it to be removed, for any reason, within 48 hours, that request will be honored."

So then if someone posts a picture, then goes, "oh crap, artist wants it taken down, submitting request because they talked to me and my bad!" it'll be treated as a normal takedown request from a copyright holder? If it's how I'm understanding it, that's a good change.

I like it very much, too. Well, especially since I need that inferior version of that other post deleted :|