Conker said:
Wait a sec, I saw a ticket recently that says that there is a rp exception of a one-off post intended for humor. https://e926.net/tickets/show/8175

Why do we have this sudden change? Shouldnt we keep to "no rp posts" at all so no one is confused thinking its alright to make them? I just dont see why we have this exception for rp posts. Could someone explain?

Conker said:
[...]exception of a one-off post intended for humor.

Gee, I wonder why...

CoC on the first page in this thread says:
Role-Play
Suggested Suspension Length: 3 days
This category includes:

  • Initiating or partaking in explicit role-play of any type
  • Impersonating fictional/nonfictional characters or people
  • Initiating or partaking in role-play with characters in the related thread/post

This is intended to prevent a culture that is inherently self-destructive and takes away from the website. There are acceptable forms of role-play, typically that which reinforces a point, creates humor, or otherwise does not cause a disruption. Even in this setting, however, role-play must be just a single comment, and cannot be made in response to another role-player.

That is simply so that the occasional "'Oh boy, I baked you a pie!' 'What flavor?' 'Pie flavor'" isn't criminalized.


NotMeNotYou said:
That is simply so that the occasional "'Oh boy, I baked you a pie!' 'What flavor?' 'Pie flavor'" isn't criminalized.

I'm going to punch your face... IN THE FACE!

Patchi
Privileged
3 years ago
abstract_background anthro blue_eyes brown_hair brown_nose cat eyelashes feline female hair hi_res looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal open_mouth patchi ratte siamese slit_pupils smile solo teeth

Rating: Safe
Score: 79
User: Patchi
Date: July 27, 2013

Arcturus said:
I'm going to punch your face... IN THE FACE!

Arcturus, go back to bed. You are drunk.

Granberia
Contributor
3 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Rating: Safe
Score: 6
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

Daggett said:
I'm curious, what is the origin of the no Role-Play rule? I have never partaken in it myself, but I've seen it on other forums and it didn't seem offensive?

My guess is that posts like post #162094 did it. I'm pretty sure that not that long ago not excessive role play was okay (forum #21857). I wouldn't be surprised that reason of change were bronies. :/


Patchi said:
Arcturus, go back to bed. You are drunk.

~🍊~


Arcturus said:
~~

01F
34R

Wat? I must be missing a char file on this pc, as I dont know what is :V


Conker said:
01F
34R

Wat? I must be missing a char file on this pc, as I dont know what is :V

Go DL some font packs, mebbe? It shows as a.... wedge of a citrus fruit?... to me.

I'm more astonished that Arcturus is still around. :o


123easy said:
Go DL some font packs, mebbe? It shows as a.... wedge of a citrus fruit?... to me

I did get a ton of font packs, not sure which ones im missing.


Conker said:
I did get a ton of font packs, not sure which ones im missing.

Hmm... I dunno either. I checked all my *dings fonts, and others that seemed it could have been, and I don't see the character in there.


Arcturus said:
I'm going to punch your face... IN THE FACE!

Heh heh

Patchi
Privileged
3 years ago
abstract_background anthro blue_eyes brown_hair brown_nose cat eyelashes feline female hair hi_res looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal open_mouth patchi ratte siamese slit_pupils smile solo teeth

Rating: Safe
Score: 79
User: Patchi
Date: July 27, 2013

Arcturus said:
~~

Arc NO CREEPY FACE.


Patchi said:
Arc NO CREEPY FACE.

It's not a creepy face... it's a citrus fruit wedge. ._. Like, draw the bottom half of a circle, then a slightly smaller one inside that about two pixels out, then draw four lines radiating out from where the center of the circle would be to cut up the space inside the second line into equal wedges.


Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
My guess is that posts like post #162094 did it. I'm pretty sure that not that long ago not excessive role play was okay (forum #21857). I wouldn't be surprised that reason of change were bronies. :/

Well there was a rising of people naming themselves show characters (*cough*) a while back.

I think a lot of it came from brony roleplayers commenting on porn pics "they" were in. Like Twilight Sparkle (the user) RPing being all flustered from a explicit pic of her. That and the surplus of "royal guards" that started getting crazy with violent aggressive RP when bad things happened to ponies.

There was a post on it when it first came in (Ippikki I think) but my half ass search did not find it


Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
My guess is that posts like post #162094 did it. I'm pretty sure that not that long ago not excessive role play was okay (forum #21857). I wouldn't be surprised that reason of change were bronies. :/

Yeah, I see what you mean, thanks.


Ahhh... the new update (a little late w/ that) I cannot find all the tags, whats up with that?


Exterp said:
Ahhh... the new update (a little late w/ that) I cannot find all the tags, whats up with that?

What tags?


NotMeNotYou said:
What tags?

I'm guessing he means the Trending tags when you search something


Mexican isn't a language.
It's still Spanish.
It could be considered a dialect in comparison to Spain's Spanish...
But that's like saying Ebonics, Southern, and Cockney are a different language than English.


Moon_Moon said:
Mexican isn't a language.
It's still Spanish.
It could be considered a dialect in comparison to Spain's Spanish...
But that's like saying Ebonics, Southern, and Cockney are a different language than English.

It's a variation of Spanish with many accents (northern, southern, "chilango" etc etc, depends on the city and part of it, too many to count)

If you mean what I understand, then "Spanish/Mexican" should be changed to "Spanish (Mexico)"


Example: I heard EDFDarkAngel1 lives in Phoenix (okay) I heard that EDFDarkAngel1 drives a red 1961 Ferrari GT California (not okay)

i dont see a huge issue with naming a car, i mean, its a nice car. i'd tell everyone if i had it. a better example would be, listing a home address, or college they attend currently

Even if another site has the same character with better visibility of its gender, that post uniquely must contain those elements

how does this apply to comics? I'm thinking of a scenerio where a user has "shemale" black-listed, and the first 5 pages show no indication, then the user presses "next in pool" button, and BAM.
since it's one comic, can we assume its one long artwork?
or better yet, is there a way to tag a pool itself so users know all the content within it?

The intent is to prevent anyone’s sexual orientation from being the target of malice, harassment, etc. Example: I picked up a fag from the ground (okay). Then I dropped him back down again (not okay)

...what i love about this site, even when serious, you find time to slip in a few jokes. keep being awesome guys

Granberia
Contributor
3 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Rating: Safe
Score: 6
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

nme22 said:
how does this apply to comics? I'm thinking of a scenerio where a user has "shemale" black-listed, and the first 5 pages show no indication, then the user presses "next in pool" button, and BAM.
since it's one comic, can we assume its one long artwork?
or better yet, is there a way to tag a pool itself so users know all the content within it?

IMO tagging comics is one of the most confusing things on the site. Comic on one picture is tagged differently then the same comic split on many pictures.
There are no pool tags that would apply TWYS in context of whole comic, and IMO this idea need to be implemented. Not only because of blacklist reasons, but also to search for, for example, all mlp comic. Or all digimon comic. Current pooling system is not working well for that many pools.

BTW, I'm still not sure how to tag quantity tags (solo, duo, group) on single pic comic when there are different number of characters on different panels.


Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
IMO tagging comics is one of the most confusing things on the site. Comic on one picture is tagged differently then the same comic split on many pictures.
There are no pool tags that would apply TWYS in context of whole comic, and IMO this idea need to be implemented. Not only because of blacklist reasons, but also to search for, for example, all mlp comic. Or all digimon comic. Current pooling system is not working well for that many pools.

BTW, I'm still not sure how to tag quantity tags (solo, duo, group) on single pic comic when there are different number of characters on different panels.

well, i'd imagine just the max number of characters in any one panel. i mean if the "comic" showed girls in different positions, but only one per panel (i.e. not interacting with each other) someone searching "solo" would be interested. if someone only wanted couples (duo) a comic may mainly focus at one couple at a time. therefore it should be tagged solo, and duo if there are panels with only one person. someone searching "solo -duo -group" would find what they want

EDFDarkAngel1
Former Staff
3 years ago
ambiguous_gender backpack camera dave_the_pangolin english_text eyewear feral glasses hi_res looking_at_viewer mammal narse pangolin scales simple_background smile solo source_request text

Rating: Safe
Score: 22
User: EDFDarkAngel1
Date: September 23, 2014

nme22 said:
i dont see a huge issue with naming a car, i mean, its a nice car. i'd tell everyone if i had it. a better example would be, listing a home address, or college they attend currently

how does this apply to comics? I'm thinking of a scenerio where a user has "shemale" black-listed, and the first 5 pages show no indication, then the user presses "next in pool" button, and BAM.
since it's one comic, can we assume its one long artwork?
or better yet, is there a way to tag a pool itself so users know all the content within it?

...what i love about this site, even when serious, you find time to slip in a few jokes. keep being awesome guys

Comic tagging is a pain in the ass, but TWYS still applies. However, if they grouped in a Set, then it's a little different in the sense that if one of the pictures, it's not entirely clear if the character is a male, female, or something else, you can refer to other images IN THAT SET to determine the appropriate tag.

As for naming a car, it's meant to emphasize that we don't want anyone's personal information being broadcast without their permission. Even if it's not true (like I'm not Ferris Bueller), it's still not cool to talk about someone's personal property or personal information. While you would be cool telling everyone that you have a badass car (as would many people), if some guy you didn't know started mentioning it to people, and used it to start talking about the store you shop at, place you work, etc., it gets really weird, really fast.

Granberia
Contributor
3 years ago
2015 animal_humanoid apron blush clothing dragon dragon_humanoid female granberia green_scales hair hi_res humanoid looking_at_viewer monster_girl monster_girl_(genre) monster_girl_quest naked_apron red_hair scales simple_background solo standing tau_1111 video_games yellow_eyes

Rating: Safe
Score: 6
User: Granberia
Date: September 02, 2017

EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Comic tagging is a pain in the ass, but TWYS still applies. However, if they grouped in a Set, then it's a little different in the sense that if one of the pictures, it's not entirely clear if the character is a male, female, or something else, you can refer to other images IN THAT SET to determine the appropriate tag.

1. I hope that you mean pools not sets. Sets are more like extended personal favorites. If someone adds male character to his "my fav females" set it shouldn't magically change his gender. Pools are more "official".
2. Is this official (that is, other admins agree) that context of TWYS is entire pool? Don't get me wrong - I don't think that it must be a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure that up to now TWYS context in tagging genders was only one picture.

ippiki ookami
Former Staff
3 years ago
2006 abstract_background ambiguous_gender beige_skin blank_stare blue_eyes border brown_fur brown_markings cat chemicalalia circle clothing digital_media_(artwork) dotted_background english_text eyefuck feet feline feral fluffy fluffy_tail footwear frosted_butts full-length_portrait fur high_heels human humanoid_feet humor hybrid lol_comments looking_away mammal markings multicolored_fur pattern_background plantigrade portrait quadruped shoes side_view simple_background solo standing tan_fur text two_tone_fur what where_is_your_god_now white_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 110
User: msc
Date: April 30, 2007

Gilda_The_Gryphon said:
2. Is this official (that is, other admins agree) that context of TWYS is entire pool? Don't get me wrong - I don't think that it must be a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure that up to now TWYS context in tagging genders was only one picture.

I don't agree with this at all. Just because an image happens to be in a pool shouldnt make it exempt from twys. Other images in the pool is still outside information.


ippiki_ookami said:
I don't agree with this at all. Just because an image happens to be in a pool shouldnt make it exempt from twys. Other images in the pool is still outside information.

Agreed, other images in pools are still outside info and should not break tag what you see.

Genjar
Former Staff
3 years ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 242
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Yeah, I concur. And it sounds like more trouble than it's worth.
Tag what you see, except <insert multiple clauses here>? Wouldn't it be better to keep the rules simple and easy to follow?


EDFDarkAngel1 said:
Comic tagging is a pain in the ass, but TWYS still applies. However, if they grouped in a Set, then it's a little different in the sense that if one of the pictures, it's not entirely clear if the character is a male, female, or something else, you can refer to other images IN THAT SET to determine the appropriate tag.

Makes sense, But there should be some way of tagging a "pool". A situation comes to mind. Hypothetically,
Let's say there was a comic with 2 lesbians, and halfway through, one shits on the other.
I have "scat" blacklisted, but since it doesn't appear in the first part, i'd click on the first image, and start hitting that "next" arrow, until its ruined halfway through.

is there a way to add a section that says "pool tags" that alerts you to impending blacklisted tags?
or even just a feature that won't load a blacklisted image, unless you press a "show anyway" button?

ippiki_ookami said:
I don't agree with this at all. Just because an image happens to be in a pool shouldnt make it exempt from twys. Other images in the pool is still outside information.

But if it's all one comic, i think its safe to assume, if you see a character on page 1 nude, then on page 2 he/she is only shown from the neck up, that the gender hasn't changed, unless its a MTF comic, or somethin.


nme22 said:

But if it's all one comic, i think its safe to assume, if you see a character on page 1 nude, then on page 2 he/she is only shown from the neck up, that the gender hasn't changed, unless its a MTF comic, or somethin.

Thats not how tag what you see works. I dont need to see pictures of a female when I search dickgirl just because its tagged as dickgirl when it shows a female in the pic. Same for everything else, without tag what you see all the search results would be broken for tags. I dont care if its in the same comic or pool, in that image there is no dickgirl and a female so we tag what we see not what we know.


Conker said:
Thats not how tag what you see works. I dont need to see pictures of a female when I search dickgirl just because its tagged as dickgirl when it shows a female in the pic. Same for everything else, without tag what you see all the search results would be broken for tags. I dont care if its in the same comic or pool, in that image there is no dickgirl and a female so we tag what we see not what we know.

but what if it's a "trap" comic? in your situation, yea, if it looks like a girl, you may not wanna see it, you'd only want to see the next page where s/he lifts hir skirt (or whatever the politically correct term is.), BUT in another situation, I have Dickgirl blacklisted (not really, being hypothetical) , i search female, see her about to lift her skirt, and next page surprise penis ruins my day, despite my blacklist, because i click "next"