When the dev posts a new update... Get it like it's hot! Get it like it's hot! :3

[20/08/14] Version 2.92 (Code 200814, +3097 B)

• Updated DNP Database to version 247
  • Fixed welcome messages not respecting user preference [forum #135924]
  • Having no subscriptions should now hide the subscriptions counter
  • Changed appearance of checkbox preferences with child options to have a down-left pointing arrow instead of a wider line. This should give a better hint
  • Added a new indicator for the subscriptions list. A filled box means that you're keeping that pool
  • With the idea of having a responsive UI, load time of both pool and forum subscriptions, has been optimized reducing it to just the delay of the preview [forum #135580]
  • Forum subscriptions will now show the name of the last user who replied
  • Small feedback when subscribing to a forum
  • Fixed "Get Source" links pointing to a non-existent version of the image [forum #135919]
  • Items will now be highlighted on the "Recent Updates" box

So, that's for today tonight! I was going to say something else but forgot...

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago
absurd_res anthro armor axe battle_axe black_nose blue_eyes bracers canine cosplay dog fantasy_axe fantasy_weapon graves half-closed_eyes hi_res looking_at_viewer male mammal melee_weapon overwatch pauldron platemail pose reinhardt_(overwatch) rottweiler sarnok shaded signature smug solo tokaido video_games weapon weapon_on_shoulder

Rating: Safe
Score: 7
User: Jatix
Date: July 29, 2016

The Update worked like a charm. Thanks dude!

Jatix said:
The Update worked like a charm. Thanks dude!

Wow, really? er... glad to know it! :D

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago
absurd_res anthro armor axe battle_axe black_nose blue_eyes bracers canine cosplay dog fantasy_axe fantasy_weapon graves half-closed_eyes hi_res looking_at_viewer male mammal melee_weapon overwatch pauldron platemail pose reinhardt_(overwatch) rottweiler sarnok shaded signature smug solo tokaido video_games weapon weapon_on_shoulder

Seems like we cheered too soon, it's still happening. :\

Edit: Clearing the Cache and Cookies hasn't worked, it made it worse.
If you got the time PM on Steam it would make the thing easier.

Jatix said:
Seems like we cheered too soon, it's still happening. :\

dammit! Do you have any console logs? Does the setting pane appear ok? Like not having missing settings, garbled text (unlikely), buttons and everything working... maybe a setting/subscription is the problem. Mind PMing me your settings from the export section and some console logs?

Alright! Grab the new update (140821), the problem should be fixed now :)

Edit: GDrive is taking a bit to upload, so I hope it doesn't take much

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago

Xch3l said:
Alright! Grab the new update (140821), the problem should be fixed now :)

Edit: GDrive is taking a bit to upload, so I hope it doesn't take much

OK, the welcome message bug seems fixed now.
But I still got only half of the user bar and no extend settings tab.

Edit: Don't know if it's your doing, but everything is in working order again.

Jatix said:
OK, the welcome message bug seems fixed now.
But I still got only half of the user bar and no extend settings tab.

Edit: Don't know if it's your doing, but everything is in working order again.

I dunno if GDrive has even finished uploading... you got the current version, right? *crosses fingers*

If any more problems arise, you know where to find me!

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago

Xch3l said:
I dunno if GDrive has even finished uploading... you got the current version, right? *crosses fingers*

If any more problems arise, you know where to find me!

140821? Yup got it.

I've just noticed...

bug: The default keys for upvoting a post and to stop reading a pool are the same (G).

Also, resetting settings to their defaults doesn't clear subscriptions (understandable) and doesn't reset Quick Access links. Is this intentional?

EsalRider said:
I've just noticed...

bug: The default keys for upvoting a post and to stop reading a pool are the same (G).

I could have sworn I changed it to use B... and apparently I did in vain (oh, me) because internally they do (both point to the key code for G)

Also, resetting settings to their defaults doesn't clear subscriptions (understandable) and doesn't reset Quick Access links. Is this intentional?

Sort of. Since they're stored separately, the reset button doesn't clear them. It just resets your general settings and hotkeys and clears TinyAliases.

furrypickle
Former Staff
3 years ago
4_toes ambiguous_gender big_ears black_background black_claws black_nose canine claws detailed digitigrade fennekin feral fire fur hanmonster hindpaw inner_ear_fluff long_mouth looking_up mammal neck_tuft nintendo no_sclera paws pokémon pokémon_(species) red_eyes simple_background sitting slit_pupils snout solo toes tuft video_games whiskers yellow_fur

Score: 81
User: ippiki_ookami
Date: July 30, 2014

I only just installed this, so I could be overlooking how to do this. But I see hotkeys for voting, faving, and pool navigation (for reading). I was hoping there was a way to set up using a hotkey to go straight into editing an image's tags. Instead of having to scroll down past the tag-list/image to find the "edit" button, if I could access that at the press of a hotkey that would be nice. Is that possible to add (or maybe already possible and I'm overlooking it)?

furrypickle said:
I only just installed this, so I could be overlooking how to do this. But I see hotkeys for voting, faving, and pool navigation (for reading). I was hoping there was a way to set up using a hotkey to go straight into editing an image's tags. Instead of having to scroll down past the tag-list/image to find the "edit" button, if I could access that at the press of a hotkey that would be nice. Is that possible to add (or maybe already possible and I'm overlooking it)?

Yeah and no. 'Yeah', it's possible to add and 'no' because the option does not exist (yet!)

The update should come in a few days, though (tomorrow at most). I'm still doing some cleanup and teeny tests here and there (mostly cosmetic details by now) making sure it doesn't fall apart. Plus the time I'll take adding the new hotkey, testing and making sure it's all right....

Yeah, expect it around tomorrow! :)

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago

I might be wrong, but it seems the "whole check box when ready" isn't working. Second time I've uploaded something without checking it.

Edit: Tried it now with checked box and yup it's also gets directly uploaded.

Jatix said:
I might be wrong, but it seems the "whole check box when ready" isn't working. Second time I've uploaded something without checking it.

Hmmm... I'll have to check that... heh, git it? :P

I would like to have full or adjustable tags instead of single letters on the userbar personally :x

The blacklist feature is my main reason for using it personally, it's a little glitchy at times though, I posted a couple of new blacklist objects and looked at my list to find they were fragmented (i.e going across multiple lines which breaks it entirely)

Overall it's a nice little tool that I'm probably underusing :p

furrypickle
Former Staff
3 years ago
4_toes ambiguous_gender big_ears black_background black_claws black_nose canine claws detailed digitigrade fennekin feral fire fur hanmonster hindpaw inner_ear_fluff long_mouth looking_up mammal neck_tuft nintendo no_sclera paws pokémon pokémon_(species) red_eyes simple_background sitting slit_pupils snout solo toes tuft video_games whiskers yellow_fur

Xch3l said:
Yeah and no. 'Yeah', it's possible to add and 'no' because the option does not exist (yet!)

The update should come in a few days, though (tomorrow at most). I'm still doing some cleanup and teeny tests here and there (mostly cosmetic details by now) making sure it doesn't fall apart. Plus the time I'll take adding the new hotkey, testing and making sure it's all right....

Yeah, expect it around tomorrow! :)

Awesome! I look forward to it.

Also, this may be a weird request, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I noticed that the script does this cosmetic thing of adding highlights and shadows to the edges of comment boxes, forum post boxes, blips, most site boxes, etc. (And it does make it look cool, make no mistake). But is there a way a setting can be added to turn that on or off? Because I'm a little contrast sensitive, and things that heighten the contrast around text exacerbate my dyslexia and make it very difficult to read/eventually give me a headache/make my eyes skip around the page/scramble my ability to read. End result, I have to toggle the script off to read the forums/comments/blips comfortably, and then toggle it back on to use it. I know I might well be the only person on the site who has this specific set of problems, so it's a little selfish to ask. I feel silly asking. But if there was a setting to turn those highlights/shadows off then it would make my life a whole lot easier. The script is so useful, I'd rather be able to leave it on all the time, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Jatix said:

Alright, I checked it lel, pun and had no problems with it... However, I found a problem where it wouldn't let you upload when pressing enter on the tags box (without adding any tag)

boopboop said:
I would like to have full or adjustable tags instead of single letters on the userbar personally :x

The blacklist feature is my main reason for using it personally, it's a little glitchy at times though, I posted a couple of new blacklist objects and looked at my list to find they were fragmented (i.e going across multiple lines which breaks it entirely)

Overall it's a nice little tool that I'm probably underusing :p

Fragmented? Oh! Yeah, the quick blacklist function works only on individual tags

furrypickle said:
Also, this may be a weird request, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I noticed that the script does this cosmetic thing of adding highlights and shadows to the edges of comment boxes, forum post boxes, blips, etc. (And it does make it look cool, make no mistake). But is there a way a setting can be added to turn that on or off? Because I'm a little contrast sensitive, and things that heighten the contrast around text exacerbate my dyslexia and make it very difficult to read/eventually give me a headache/make my eyes skip around the page/scramble my ability to read. End result, I have to toggle the script off to read the forums/comments/blips comfortably, and then toggle it back on to use it. I know I might well be the only person on the site who has this specific set of problems, so it's a little selfish to ask. I feel silly asking. But if there was a setting to turn those highlights/shadows off then it would make my life a whole lot easier. The script is so useful, I'd rather be able to leave it on all the time, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

There may be probably more but you're the one who stood up! *claps*
Hmmm, I'd have to check individual changes but I think it could be done quickly (most resize or adjust appearance)

Fragmented? Oh! Yeah, the quick blacklist function works only on individual tags

So you mean tags with underscores get broken?

e.g. "dungeons_and_dragons" was a notable one that refused to work :x

boopboop said:
So you mean tags with underscores get broken?

e.g. "dungeons_and_dragons" was a notable one that refused to work :x

Oh! That's a different case! Thank you for pointing it out!

Munkelzahn
Privileged
3 years ago

The Get Source menu no longer opens when you hover over the link.
Can you re-add this feature?

Munkelzahn said:
The Get Source menu no longer opens when you hover over the link.
Can you re-add this feature?

It's still there. It's now a setting that toggles whether hovering or clicking to display it

@furrypicle: Mind showing me exactly what highlights you mean? The few ones the script makes are the top line and when it's a comment of yours (well, the most prominent). I had to check one by one and that's all I could see...

furrypickle
Former Staff
3 years ago

Xch3l said:
@furrypicle: Mind showing me exactly what highlights you mean? The few ones the script makes are the top line and when it's a comment of yours (well, the most prominent). I had to check one by one and that's all I could see...

There's a white highlight on the top border of most text boxes, and then there's darker "shadow" edges on the undersides of text boxes. In the forums, blips, comments etc it's especially contrasting because the top-highlight and the bottom-shadow are right next to each other whenever there's more than one comment (which is most of the time). The shadowed edge effect is also on the bottom and righthand edges of quoted sections, so I guess it's just on most text-section boxes on the site.
It's hard to explain it, so I'll try and point it out:
http://i.imgur.com/l1V1bWY.png?1 --where both the highlights and the shadows are on forum threads. The comment pages and blips are also the same.

http://i.imgur.com/KnCpWLh.png --shadows are also on the edges of the alias/implication-info box on wiki articles
http://i.imgur.com/nVbu8uF.png --it even is around the edges of the forum page box, and page numbers.

Derp. I guess it's mainly just the top-edge highlight that emphasizes the pre-existing shadows. I don't know why it seemed like the shadowed parts were new. I guess the highlight just tipped it over the edge into "too much" contrast when it was already probably borderline. So yeah, sorry for the slightly bad explanations. I guess it's just the highlight that's giving me grief.

furrypickle said:
[...]

Derp. I guess it's mainly just the top-edge highlight that emphasizes the pre-existing shadows. I don't know why it seemed like the shadowed parts were new. I guess the highlight just tipped it over the edge into "too much" contrast when it was already probably borderline. So yeah, sorry for the slightly bad explanations. I guess it's just the highlight that's giving me grief.

Yup, the shadows have been there since ever. But I've also considered making the highlight color a bit more faint ( to , in Hexagon theme). In fact, I've finished the update and I'm preparing the changelog right now :)

Jatix
Privileged
3 years ago

furrypickle said:

Ever tried Hexagon clean? The Highlight would still be there, but the shadows are not. Maybe it helps a little.

Oink, oink! - "Good news everyone! A new update is now ready and in the next lines you will see all of the changes made since the last version, so make sure you have the latest!" in pig :3

[28/08/14] Version 2.93 (Code 280814, +3104 B)

• Updated DNP Database to version 247
  • Changed the header to be always the same size on every theme (fixes it being tiny with Bloodlust theme)
  • Changed Pool navigation indicators to look more like keys and not plain labels
  • Saving your settings should now update the usage of WebStorage
  • Added new settings:
    • Key layout: Choose between (two, at the moment) keyboard layouts to display the right characters for some keys (for example: I have 'Ñ' instead of ';', so that's a small problem for me)
    • Edit: Displays the Edit Post form. Similar as clicking "Edit" below a post [forum #136585]
  • Clicking "Defaults" will now clear custom links [forum #136126]
  • Removed a, now unused, function in the settings button
  • Added a symbol table, as an effort to display correctly even more keys. Unknown keys will display their code instead
  • Reworded some settings to have better sense
  • Fixed a bug where "Confirm Tagging" wouldn't let upload/save changes after pressing "Enter"
  • Fixed another bug that prevented blacklisting tags with symbols other than undesrcore ("_") by splitting them, making them uneffective [forum #136626 / forum #136675]
  • Removed skipping effect for centered floating panels (Welcome/Settings messages, Subscription updates, etc). They should now appear in place
  • Subscriptions panel should now appear once even when the updates indicator was clicked repeatedly
  • (V2.931) Fixed bug where pressing the hotkey to edit a post would let a stray letter slip in the tags (an 'e' by default) [PM / forum #136924]

There it is! Tonight's update! There may still be some bugs here or there, so don't hesitate to inform me if you see one!

furrypickle
Former Staff
3 years ago

Jatix said:
Ever tried Hexagon clean? The Highlight would still be there, but the shadows are not. Maybe it helps a little.

That actually makes a huge difference, thanks for that! It also looks like Xch3l has toned down the highlight color with the update, and between the two everything is a lot easier to read now. Thank you very much for suggesting the other theme. I think the only time I'd sampled that theme I'd been on a page of thumbnails, so I didn't realise the difference with the shadows.

Xch3l said:
...There it is! Tonight's update! There may still be some bugs here or there, so don't hesitate to inform me if you see one!

Looks nice. I swear the top highlight is a softer color now, (though if I'm imagining it, we can just laugh about it). I just know it doesn't make my eyes skip like it used to (even on regular Hexagon), and when compared to an older window I had up, it looks a little less bright. So thank you. It really makes a big difference.

The hotkey for editing is awesome. The only issue is that it does add the "e" from the hotkey into the tag editing box. So I have to make sure I delete that errant "e" before typing in tags. I don't know if that's avoidable or not. It's still worth the convenience of having a hotkey for it though, so I'm more than happy.

furrypickle said:
Looks nice. I swear the top highlight is a softer color now, (though if I'm imagining it, we can just laugh about it). I just know it doesn't make my eyes skip like it used to (even on regular Hexagon), and when compared to an older window I had up, it looks a little less bright. So thank you. It really makes a big difference.

Nope! It ain't you. It's actually softer. Here's the comparison: :)

The hotkey for editing is awesome. The only issue is that it does add the "e" from the hotkey into the tag editing box. So I have to make sure I delete that errant "e" before typing in tags. I don't know if that's avoidable or not. It's still worth the convenience of having a hotkey for it though, so I'm more than happy.

Yeah, I got it reported via PM and I'm fixing it right now. I think I got it!

Edit: Fix posted! New version is 2.931 (140829)

furrypickle
Former Staff
3 years ago

Xch3l said:
Nope! It ain't you. It's actually softer. Here's the comparison: :)

Yeah, I got it reported via PM and I'm fixing it right now. I think I got it!

I love it when developers are so on top of it. You are awesome! *high fives*

And yep, that difference in colors looks about right. It's just amazing to me how much difference it makes!

ETA: update works fantastically! No more errant "e"s. =)

furrypickle said:
I love it when developers are so on top of it. You are awesome! *high fives*

And yep, that difference in colors looks about right. It's just amazing to me how much difference it makes!

ETA: update works fantastically! No more errant "e"s. =)

abs ad_council_japan aotsuki091 biceps blonde_hair eyes_closed feline fur greeting hair hair_hand humor lion male mammal muscular open_mouth orange_fur orange_hair pawpads paws pecs sayonalion sky_(artist) smile solo tongue yellow_fur yellow_theme

Score: 11
User: Grinard
Date: June 20, 2012