e621 mobile version

In category: e621 Tools and Applications

Hello everyone!
Let me introduce an e621 mobile version.

http://e621.s.co/ (temporarily broken)

http://e621.us.to/

30.06.2016: Service alive!
06.08.2016: Additional domain
04.11.2016: Fixed "Clear" button functionality

httр://e62.1x.net/ httр://e62.1x.de/ httр://e621.url.ph/ httр://е621.ml/

What inside:
- Small page size for mobile internet - ~3kb/~230kb with low-mode pictures
- Changeable low-res/hi-res modes
- Mobile-friendly page: only html and css, content automatically fit in screen width
- Blacklist + combo BL
- Show basic info under pictures - rating, score, size
- Icons for mobile devices by "Eclipse933" http://e926.net/user/show/6206
- Now supports "Chrome homescreen-installed app" feature for android and IOS - just tap at "add to homescreen"

Designed for IOS, BB, Symbain and other devices that cant use apps
All the ideas and questions you can put here, write to cuberope(at)ya.ru or pm me

Thanks

P.S. If you see that something broken or service completely offline - please PM to me:
https://e926.net/dmail/compose?to=cuberope
or write email:
cuberope(at)ya.ru
So i can react fast and fix it for ya

Riversyde
Contributor
4 years ago

It looks fine and all, but I've browsed e621 using a standard mobile internet browser before, and that worked just fine for me. What makes yours better?


Riversyde said:
It looks fine and all, but I've browsed e621 using a standard mobile internet browser before, and that worked just fine for me. What makes yours better?

Less size of page, less movements for viewing, no javascript support required, auto-fit to display.
Maybe your phone powerful enough to browse the site just like on pc, but it's actually optimized for old smartphone models

Riversyde
Contributor
4 years ago

cuberope said:
Less size of page, less movements for viewing, no javascript support required, auto-fit to display.
Maybe your phone allows you to browse the site, so as-well as on the pc, but it's optimized for older models, why no?

Administration is not against the existence of this site?

It's alright (with us) as long as your website isn't malicious/doesn't redirect to a malicious website and doesn't attempt to gather personal details of users or their accounts.


Yeah, I'll just keep browsing the regular site on my phone instead of putting my trust in some random person who isn't affiliated with the site aside from being a member there. When and if the E621 staff create a mobile version of the site, I'm sure we'll all flock to that.


Well, i had a quick look over the page code and i'm quite sure that there are no redirections or stuff, only visit counters. This site also have no authorisation, so no passwords or logins can be gathered for now.
Ad-free aswell.
As for me, this mobile version is quite nice for me with my iphone, i dont even need to zoom in and out. It's also still faster than e621.net if i use mobile internet.
Thank you, man.


Converted the site to an Android App: http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/e621
I added a refresh button to the app menu just to reload the current page.

---

I've noticed a few things that could be improved upon though:
  • Change the "X" button to be more descriptive.
  • Instead of showing text for blacklisted posts, it would be great if it wouldn't show those at all, but rather fill the homepage with 25 non-blacklisted posts.
  • Add default text such as "Enter tag(s) here..." to the tag search box. People might think that the box is just a decoration on the page.
  • "Scroll to Top/Bottom" links or another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top of the page for easier navigation instead of scrolling all the way down.

Most of these are really for aesthetics though. The site itself works great on my Droid RAZR.


Keito said:
Well, i had a quick look over the page code and i'm quite sure that there are no redirections or stuff, only visit counters. This site also have no authorisation, so no passwords or logins can be gathered for now.
Ad-free aswell.
As for me, this mobile version is quite nice for me with my iphone, i dont even need to zoom in and out. It's also still faster than e621.net if i use mobile internet.
Thank you, man.

Nice to hear :3

Otsoko said:
Converted the site to an Android App: http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/e621
I added a refresh button to the app menu just to reload the current page.

Not bad

I'm also add meta-icon for ios devices, and you can put this icon as bookmark on home-screen

Otsoko said:
Change the "X" button to be more descriptive.

Change to what?

Otsoko said:
Instead of showing text for blacklisted posts, it would be great if it wouldn't show those at all, but rather fill the homepage with 25 non-blacklisted posts.

Hmm, i can make it turnable in settings

Otsoko said:
Add default text such as "Enter tag(s) here..." to the tag search box. People might think that the box is just a decoration on the page.

Many code + js, I dont think that is a important thing

Otsoko said:
"Scroll to Top/Bottom" links or another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top of the page for easier navigation instead of scrolling all the way down.

i will make another set of "Prev" and "Next" buttons on the top

Thank for you reply!


not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.
tested on android, it looks horrendous

HUGELY dislike the "official" status you are trying to give.. and yet no link backs. the image quality is low, Directly leeched thumbnails from the site. So basically a leech of bandwidth and resources.

Do not approve. Fix at least the link backs and the image quality or you will be blocked from the API backend

<Note for varka, this is an old forum post, lol.>


Aurali said:
not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.
tested on android, it looks horrendous

HUGELY dislike the "official" status you are trying to give.. and yet no link backs. the image quality is low, Directly leeched thumbnails from the site. So basically a leech of bandwidth and resources.

Do not approve. Fix at least the link backs and the image quality or you will be blocked from the API backend

I dont try to give "official" status, lol, i just made it and show here.

No yet links back? Why? Under pictures there is a link in brackets to post on the main site.
In settings i place link to the main site again.

Quality is CHANGEABLE, srsly, this is why I put the hi-res button on a top.

Resources?
>e621 recieves over 1,500,000 pageviews a day
I do not think that a couple of mobile users downloading thumbnails takes a stupendous amount of your system resources.

I dont robs a desktop users, I simply add a tiny number of mobile, I do not think that everyone will use this mobile service, just someone may find it useful, the link under the picture always is present, after going through it the user gets to your site and watch ads.

Thank you for understanding.


please fix the lack of a visual message to e621.net; it's the only requirement we got for people using our api on outside websites.


Resources?
>e621 recieves over 1,500,000 pageviews a day
I do not think that a couple of mobile users downloading thumbnails takes a stupendous amount of your system resources.

They still pay for bandwidth, so every little bit matters.


Updated
+ "Results by e621.net"
+ Prev/Next buttons on top
+ Hide/Show "blacklisted" notify
+ Combo-Blacklist
+ Select the number of images per page
"X" → "Clear"
And one bug fixed


it seems to only searches for the first tag you enter, others are ignored. I tried different mobile browsers (stock, opera, opera mini, firefox). is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?


frylop said:
it seems to only searches for the first tag you enter, others are ignored. I tried different mobile browsers (stock, opera, opera mini, firefox). is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Fixed.
Sorry for the long response.

Also, preview (low-res) now loading in http and hi-res in https, now even faster.


up


Site is back to work now!
Sorry for the maintenance.


But, we already have a mobile and it works wonders


Rainbow_Dash said:
But, we already have a mobile and it works wonders

No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C


cuberope said:
No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C

you took an api and wrote an html parser around it.
I built ours for backwards compatibility with old browsers (mostly outdated smartphones) so we can push ahead with newer features.

but eh, you contributed and We really appreciate the effort, it's how we move forward.


cuberope said:
No competition - no progress
I took care to simplify and adapted site for mobile devices
And, my mobile version also came first :C

And we thank you for your time and effort on your contribution to the site. :3 Don't be discouraged just because we eventually come up with a solution of our own, we definitely want to encourage you to continue contributing.


Sooo e621 disabled embedding their pictures, so i disable "hi-res" option :c


cuberope said:
Sooo e621 disabled embedding their pictures, so i disable "hi-res" option :c

Sorry about that.. someone decided to start leaching something fierce... so I had to disable some hotlinking.


Hey!
Added some retina-size and other icons for apple devices

Thanks to user named "Eclipse" for contribution and the beautiful new icons.


cuberope said:
Hey!
Added some retina-size and other icons for apple devices

Thanks to user named "Eclipse" for contribution and the beautiful new icons.

Okay, leeching isn't a good thing. please don't link to the direct image, link to the mobile post.


Alright, I was given a confirmation to let you through the firewall, so your app is square again. :3 Let us know if your getting more then 10k clicks a day though.

Anyhow, I wanna thank you for all your work on it, as we do respect people who extend our already awesome site. (and in the future might steal you for internal work ourselves.. mwuahahah)


Updated, yeah

- Restored Hi-res function
- Improve performance
- "Back" in settings return to pages, instead settings
- Что-нибудь ещё


Yeeep, e621 updated api, and site broken
Fixed now.


'Ello, there is a bug on the mobile version, whenever i try to search a tag or go to a new page, the screen stays on the front page.I also tested this on a tablet and a computer. Just thought you should know.


Aurali said:
not a fan of the ad free. that is our source of keeping the site running.

You guys are lucky I get on here using Incognito mode since I have Adblock Lol But I love this site, so if I ever get on it normally I'd disable it :)


Why are you just now advertising this? I've known about this mobile site for at least a year now. I have it bookmarked on my phone.