leomole
Privileged
5 days ago
2014 ambiguous_gender anthro bottle bottomless cat chair clothed clothing computer desk feline fur girly headphones hoodie inside jailbird leaning leaning_back legwear liam looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal reclining sitting smile socks solo tan_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 125
User: Onii-chan
Date: May 09, 2014

Is this post not_furry?

In category: Tag/Wiki Projects and Questions

post #150712

It's a suit of armor. Should it be treated like a costume and assumed to be not_furry? It has claws. Does that make it furry? Characters that are not_furry like demons can have claws, too. It looks digitigrade. Does that mean it must be furry? What do you think?


leomole said:
post #150712

It's a suit of armor. Should it be treated like a costume and assumed to be not_furry? It has claws. Does that make it furry? Characters that are not_furry like demons can have claws, too. It looks digitigrade. Does that mean it must be furry? What do you think?

Digitigrade, big furry-paw hands with furry-specific fingers, individual furry-specific paw-feet and toes. Definitely furry.


AnotherDay said:
Digitigrade, big furry-paw hands with furry-specific fingers, individual furry-specific paw-feet and toes. Definitely furry.

Digitigradal? Yes. That's not furry though.
Four fingers which end in claws to more effectively tear stuff apart in close combat? Not furry.
Feet designed to grip terrain? Not furry.

Nothing really screams furry in that.


I'm on the furry side, here. Since the feet are digitigrade the character has to be some non-humanoid animal, and, as far as I'm aware, all non-humanoid animals are furries.


darryus said:
I'm on the furry side, here. Since the feet are digitigrade the character has to be some non-humanoid animal, and, as far as I'm aware, all non-humanoid animals are furries.

digitigrade not_furry suggests there are plenty. Digitigrade doesn't make it furry.


Furrin_Gok said:
digitigrade not_furry suggests there are plenty. Digitigrade doesn't make it furry.

Most of the posts are of unguligrade characters (standing on hooves) which isn't a tag that we use anymore because of it's ambiguity, either way, the character in the OP is clearly not a unguligrade as he has visible toes, the feet of our character here are more similar to that of a tiger.


darryus said:
Most of the posts are of unguligrade characters (standing on hooves) which isn't a tag that we use anymore because of it's ambiguity, either way, the character in the OP is clearly not a unguligrade as he has visible toes, the feet of our character here are more similar to that of a tiger.

Maybe do a bit of looking at that list?

Clawed digitigrade, "demon." Even has clawed hands. The major point of OP's image falls to the head--I don't see any ears, I don't see a snout. It's just a generic humanoid helmet. There's no tail, either.

leomole
Privileged
4 days ago
2014 ambiguous_gender anthro bottle bottomless cat chair clothed clothing computer desk feline fur girly headphones hoodie inside jailbird leaning leaning_back legwear liam looking_at_viewer looking_back mammal reclining sitting smile socks solo tan_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 125
User: Onii-chan
Date: May 09, 2014

darryus said:
Since the feet are digitigrade the character has to be some non-humanoid animal

I don't think we can assume that digitigrade means animal. It's easy to imagine a not_furry monster that walks on its toes.