Genjar
Former Staff
3 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 277
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Tag Alias: genitals -> genitals_(disambiguation)

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

Aliasing genitalsgenitals_(disambiguation)
Link to alias

Reason:

Ambiguous.
And it keeps getting tagged, despite the wiki. Should be either disambiguated or invalidated.

Genjar said:
Aliasing genitalsgenitals_(disambiguation)
Link to alias

Reason:

Ambiguous.
And it keeps getting tagged, despite the wiki. Should be either disambiguated or invalidated.

or just have each kind implicate to genitals

SnowWolf
Former Staff
3 months ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Score: 23
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

kamimatsu said:

That makes it harder to find the posts that have been tagged genitals without having penis/pussy/etc tagged.

....though....

{{rating:e -genitals} might make it easier to search for 'missing penis/pussy/etc' tags.

but more realisitcally, that's a HUGE implication/alias and that's pretty system intensive to impliment.

kamimatsu said:

Considering "genitals" can only be a penis or a pussy (and I guess balls) I don't think they need a grouping tag. That's just obnoxious. It should just be invalidated imo. Disambiguation is a dumb system.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
3 months ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Dyrone said:
Considering "genitals" can only be a penis or a pussy (and I guess balls)

Or a cloaca. Or some form of alien genitals that isn't readily identified as a penis or pussy.

*shrug*

I don't think they need a grouping tag. That's just obnoxious. It should just be invalidated imo. Disambiguation is a dumb system.

Invalid tags are annoying. "Wait? what tag was invalid? which of all the tags that I typed in was the wrong one?" and I then waste a lot of time trying to figure out which of the 30 tags I typed is missing and it's just frustrating.

disambiguous tags make it really clear what the error was and provides suggestions on how to fix the matter.

Dyrone said:
Disambiguation is a dumb system.

As snowwolf said invalidation is even worse. That's a really dumb system, since you don't even know what was wrong.

I'm guessing invalidation are for things that shouldn't be tagged in the first place, so wouldn't it be better to just remove them? Optimal solution, if you ask me, would be to show 'invalid tag' only to the uploader, because noone else will have any idea what to do with it. I do however see that it would be complicated. So then again I guess 'invalid tag' doesn't do any damage even if it doesn'tt help anyone either.

But if it should leave any trace then I vote for disambiguation.

SnowWolf said:
Or a cloaca. Or some form of alien genitals that isn't readily identified as a penis or pussy.

Ok, so there's 3...with one being extremelly rare compared to the other two, and if an alien's "genitals" aren't recognizable as a penis or a pussy they shouldn't be tagged as such...TWYS and all that. I could say that an aliens nose is actually its dick, but if it doesn't look like one that doesn't matter much.

SnowWolf said:
Invalid tags are annoying. "Wait? what tag was invalid? which of all the tags that I typed in was the wrong one?" and I then waste a lot of time trying to figure out which of the 30 tags I typed is missing and it's just frustrating.

Good? Most of the invalidated tags are really dumb. Maybe you should be punished with some frustration if you're trying to use them, that is if you even care enough to go over your posts after you post them...most people don't and leave a garbage heap of "x_(disambiguation)" tags in their wake, which someone else is going to have to go over for them later on. Much better to invalidate certain tags...removing "invalid_tag" is a fairly brain-dead procedure. See it, delete it, move on.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
3 months ago

Dyrone said:
Ok, so there's 3...with one being extremelly rare compared to the other two, and if an alien's "genitals" aren't recognizable as a penis or a pussy they shouldn't be tagged as such...TWYS and all that. I could say that an aliens nose is actually its dick, but if it doesn't look like one that doesn't matter much.

...mostly, my point is that there are more that two options, as opposed to what you said, which implied that there were only two. Plus, I can image something that doesn't look like penis or pussy that is clearly intended to be genitalia. *shrug*

Good? Most of the invalidated tags are really dumb. Maybe you should be punished with some frustration if you're trying to use them,

See, there's this thing called a "typo"...

For example:

• "action" is an invalid tag, but action_pose is not.
  • "after" is an invalid tag, but after_sex is not. Neither is after_masturbation, after_orgasm, afterglow, after_rape, or afternoon.
  • "and" is an invalid tag, yet is part of numerous tags: black_and_white, brother_and_sister, etc etc etc.
  • "skin" is an invalid tag, yet blue_skin is not. Nor are any of the other (color)_skin tags.

Other fun words that are invalid: Of, open, over, the, thigh, up,...

So, for example, I try to tag something like "after_sex" and accidentally type "after sex" and I am left with a mystery: 30 or 40 tags, and no clue what the missing one is.

And that's only swapping underscores for spaces--that's not even covering swapping letters or missing/adding letters to turn a valid tag into an invalid tag..

that is if you even care enough to go over your posts after you post them... most people don't and leave a garbage heap of "x_(disambiguation)" tags in their wake, which someone else is going to have to go over for them later on. Much better to invalidate certain tags...removing "invalid_tag" is a fairly brain-dead procedure. See it, delete it, move on.

ahem.. from invalid_tag:

if you see this tag, try to determine what may have caused it, then remove it from the picture.

Just because you can go along and spam -invalid_tag on all of the pictures doesn't mean you should.

For example "neuter" is an invalid tag. If there is castration occurring in the image, IT SHOULD BE TAGGED. That's why invalid_tag is a copyright tag--so it is bright purple and easy to notice on most pictures.

It should not be a a mindless procedure.

Let's nuke it