Multiple characters with the same name from the same series

In category: Tag/Wiki Projects and Questions

I'm preparing to tag a couple of images I have when I noticed a problem. In the Kung Fu Panda series there are three different characters named Mei Ling as can be seen on the Kung Fu Panda wiki:

http://kungfupanda.wikia.com/wiki/Mei_Ling_(disambiguation)

Currently no one has tagged the Mei Lings in different ways so what is the best way to tag each character.

I’m only seeing the Mei Ling from Secrets of the Furious Five...are there any posts featuring the other two?

Dyrone said:
I’m only seeing the Mei Ling from Secrets of the Furious Five...are there any posts featuring the other two?

I'm going to upload some whenever my other posts get approved so I'm asking for the future.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
11 days ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 19
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

Yuck. Bad world building.

To address the question...

I'd probably tag them as

Mei_Ling_(fox)_(kung_fu_panda)
Mei_Ling_(asian_golden_cat)_(kung_fu_panda)
Mei_Ling_(leopard)_(kung_fu_panda)

Thought about something like Mei_Ling_(kung_fu_panda:_tales_of_po), but that relies on people knowing where the character comes from. Artists won't necessarily include information like what show a character is from, but you can easily observe "this is not a leopard" etc :)

crusty_fire said:
I'm going to upload some whenever my other posts get approved so I'm asking for the future.

I would keep the most popular character as simply mei_ling and append the species name (like mei_ling_(fox)) for the other two if/when they get uploaded...seems like the easiest method to me.