anyone here actually a virgin?

In category: General

just curious. discuss

Does being a half virgin count?

When you're younger, you can go to house parties and back yard shows. All you really have to do show up or bring "party supplies" too get laid. When you're older, you have a lot more options. IDK how anyone can be one nowadays unless it's a personal choice.

Ledian
Privileged
14 days ago
ambiguous_gender animate_inanimate claws clothed clothing commander_ledi commander_ledi_(character) duo ear_piercing eggplant eyewear flora_fauna food fruit fully_clothed glasses guild_wars hair humanoid long_ears not_furry piercing plant purple_hair sparkle sylvari video_games wings yaranaika

Rating: Safe
Score: 12
User: Commander_Eggplant
Date: December 07, 2017

tbh i really wish i was still a virgin... but to answer to the question: probably.

Yes.

BlueDingo
Privileged
14 days ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

ThoughtCrime said:
IDK how anyone can be one nowadays unless it's a personal choice.

Being poor and isolated would make it a bit easier.

notawerewolf said:
just curious. discuss

Usually, "just curious" is a lie. Are you collecting this info for anything or is this just a time-wasting thread?

I'd be willing to bet that between 50% to 60% of our userbase are virgins.

ThoughtCrime said:
IDK how anyone can be one nowadays unless it's a personal choice.

There can be a lot of factors at play when it comes to virginity. Not nearly as many teens have sex as one might expect, in fact, it's fairly uncommon (not rare, just uncommon), especially regularly.

For example, when I was teen, I had some pretty domineering parents. My average day was going to school and coming home to do chores and homework for the rest of the day. I didn't have much of a social life since my parents rarely let me leave their company expect when it was required for me. It sucked, but I'm not so conceited to think that I had bad parents or that I had it worse than other teens, I just wasn't given the freedom to even consider, let alone attempt, to explore sex or romantic relationships. (On a sidenote, my parents' stance was justified since my dad was a teen parent.) But by the time I was 18 I had no clue on how to arrange a hook-up, go on a date, or even casually flirt beyond what I had watched or read in media. It wasn't until a year ago that I lost my virginity in a friends-with-benefits scenario with my roommate.

Point is, whether someone's a virgin or not is based on several different factors like experience (socially and romantically), proximity to your desired individual/gender, their views on sex, opportunity, and even health and financial considerations. It can be a choice, but it doesn't have to be one, sometimes the opportunity doesn't come until later or at all.

That all being said, I think a more interesting conversation would be why virginity is both admirable and embarrassing to different groups. Some religions insist on abstinence until marriage as a sign of purity while more liberal groups are more casual about sex in general. Why is virginity often seen as a good thing in women, but a mark of shame for men? And stuff like that.

I mean, what's the point of asking? It doesn't actually mean anything, my life is basically the profile of a stereotypical lifelong virgin's but I'm not. I've just had a few (3) girlfriends in past years and we got that far. I'd like sex, but between STDs, unwanted pregnancy, and not being a very social person, finding prospects I'd trust enough to enjoy it with isn't easy and I don't care enough to overcome that difficulty instead of focusing on things I'd rather do instead.

Besides, if I had to pick between a relationship but no sex and sex but no relationship, I'd take the relationship without even thinking about it. Your hands know your body better than anyone else ever will, and toys can give sensations on levels past human. But a Hitachi wand can't kiss you good morning, and no fleshlight will hold you and rub your back after a hard day.

Well since the beans are being spilled (and we're anonymous) I'd share my story too, for the first time.
I had /girlfriends/ when I was a child, but I have been single for a decade (around the corner) since then, it's not that I'm not interested.
I just didn't have a chance and I didn't really go out of my way to make them either (I'm actually talking about relationships here rather than sex, even though its off topic a bit).
And at this time I would prefer, I guess people would call it a soulmate, or just someone really good, a friend. I'm not really interested in sex now, at least not the (purely) physical part of it.
I can get my dopamine shots by myself just fine.

Yep, still got mine. Believe it or not, losing it is not my main priority.

BlueDingo said:
Usually, "just curious" is a lie. Are you collecting this info for anything or is this just a time-wasting thread?

okay, you got me. i'm working for a secret sect of the reptile government which needs the statistics on how often the users on this site get laid.

ThoughtCrime said:
When you're younger, you can go to house parties and back yard shows. All you really have to do show up or bring "party supplies" too get laid. When you're older, you have a lot more options. IDK how anyone can be one nowadays unless it's a personal choice.

Growing up has kind of taught me that there are a lot of people who hate you or want to use you, so getting laid really wasn't a concern or a thought to me at the time. The house parties were generally in blighted neighborhoods were there were known gangs/junkies, and the city that I live in isn't the most hospitable one to live in. I never really had any friends growing up, and relationships to me seemed like a completely impossible thing to happen for me when I was younger. To be honest, sex is really overrated and kind of dumb. I still have urges to have sex when the mood hits, but most of the time I just see it in a very negative light.

Ruku
14 days ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

i am a virgin but honestly dont understand why so many people would be up in arms about it... is it really that important?

Munkelzahn
Privileged
14 days ago

The question is not specific enough.
You should've asked "Are you still an oral/anal/penile|vaginal virgin? Please check the appropriate boxes."

edit: this forum needs anonymous polls

BlueDingo
Privileged
14 days ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Munkelzahn said:
The question is not specific enough.
You should've asked "Are you still an oral/anal/penile|vaginal virgin? Please check the appropriate boxes."

What about urethral, aural, nasal and orbital virgins?

Munkelzahn
Privileged
14 days ago

BlueDingo said:
orbital virgins

the "mile high club" inversed and taken to a new level
yes, i know you're talking about eye sockets

it doesn't count if it's anal

<3 anthro canine finger_gun finger_guns fur gesture hi_res komponi male mammal nude one_eye_closed open_mouth open_smile reaction_image smile solo teeth tongue wink

Score: 7
User: slyroon
Date: September 08, 2017

BlueDingo
Privileged
13 days ago

Knotty_Curls said:

Then I guess lawyers don't count.
Because they are very anal.

If I could care about something so minor, then I would be far better off than I am now. Instead, I have the luxury of being blighted with extreme apathy. If that's too cryptic, then know I have never cared enough to seek out such things.

I think I've been flirted with a few times, but I've only ever been interested in my original purpose during those conversations, which kept me from noticing or even considering a conversation within the conversation. I think I was still 17 when a girl in my compulsory 1000-level English course asked me if I would "study" with her at her place, which confused me because I wasn't exactly a good student at the time. Is it an important detail that she may have been the "prettiest" girl in the room by my standards? In seriously trying to answer the request, my lack of autonomy made the logistics seem too much of an imposition or too risky, so I deflected. Just like that, nothing. And repeat. Years later did I decide that "studying" made the most sense as a euphemism. In all seriousness, I would for once in my life like to actually study with someone to learn something a little faster.

tldr idc

Losing virginity feels like similar thing to finally being 18 years old adult. Before it happens, it feels like something that will change your life, that you have reached some massive life goal.

Then, it just happens, you are just there thinking, that that wasn't as life changing. Of course it's still pretty awesome thing and now you have more life experience and knowledge, but there wasn't fireworks and you don't know whole universes secrets.

So just as hint, don't focus too much on just losing virginity as you might lose more in the process.

Aanyi said:
The house parties were generally in blighted neighborhoods were there were known gangs/junkies, and the city that I live in isn't the most hospitable one to live in. I never really had any friends growing up, and relationships to me seemed like a completely impossible thing to happen for me when I was younger.

House parties most definitely sound something that can mean completely differend things in seperate parts of the world, so that doesn't surprise me.

As for friends, pretty much the same. I only had couple friends during whole elementary but changed schools after couple years so they always got left behind, but somehow there were always bullies. At least got toughen up by them to not be such huge nerd all the time. Having no friends, means less social contacts, which does make it really hard to socialize in general, let alone getting into romantic and sexual relationship.

Knotty_Curls said:

<3 anthro canine finger_gun finger_guns fur gesture hi_res komponi male mammal nude one_eye_closed open_mouth open_smile reaction_image smile solo teeth tongue wink

Score: 7
User: slyroon
Date: September 08, 2017

Oh, then I'm still... wait, nope :|

DelurC said:
And at this time I would prefer, I guess people would call it a soulmate, or just someone really good, a friend.

I live in a city full of grandmas and prefer to stay at home, so I really wouldn't mind idea of having player 2 to play games with hanging around either. Just that I really can't fill out dating site information to find someone like that.

Mario69 said:
Losing virginity feels like similar thing to finally being 18 years old adult. Before it happens, it feels like something that will change your life, that you have reached some massive life goal.

Then, it just happens, you are just there thinking, that that wasn't as life changing. Of course it's still pretty awesome thing and now you have more life experience and knowledge, but there wasn't fireworks and you don't know whole universes secrets.

So just as hint, don't focus too much on just losing virginity as you might lose more in the process.

That's actually a pretty good analogy. Although turning 18 was kind of life-changing for me. I was unceremoniously dumped out of the nest and into the cold and unforgiving world. It was probably by pure luck that I didn't end up in a city park with a needle in my arm. However, turning 18 for most people doesn't come with any new responsibilities or life-changing circumstances.

Same goes losing ones virginity. Most people don't find it particularly life defining. The few cases where it does change one's life tend to involve rape, pregnancy, or stds.

I'm well on my way to becoming a lifelong virgin, even though that virginity has lost any real value to me. I could offer a multitude of reasons (or at least excuses) that's come about, but instead let's just say I'm probably abnormal and it would probably take a lot of effort to overcome my insular habits. In the end, it makes me wish I lived in a society where sex was less sacred, or that I had social contacts into such communities.

I can't really do much for the former, but as far as the latter is concerned, "trust" is a real hangup for me. Adverts for sex-oriented websites, furry or otherwise, always strike me as sketchy and risky. Even the ones advertised here: as much as I'd like to believe in them, a furry hookup site is just too much personal exposure for me, too much risk that someone is going to troll me or out me - only worse because "furry". Bordellos would be an option, in the sense that its their business to provide safe sex as a service, except that I live nowhere near any. Oh well. Maybe if I'm ever in New Mexico, or society pulls an unexpected 180 on the subject of sex services.

I'll put it this way: did Bill Clinton have sexual relations with that woman?

I never had any say in the matter and even my closest real life friends and family don't know because It's not something I'm proud of, but no. I am not.

kamimatsu said:
I never had any say in the matter

Well, that's strange.

Fenrick said:
I'll put it this way: did Bill Clinton have sexual relations with that woman?

kek

I'm not interested in sex. It's honestly a huge turn-off.

DelurC said:

kamimatsu said:
I never had any say in the matter

Well, that's strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxdO-2FGQj4

Yep, I'm still a virgin and I'll probably be one until I die. I'd like to have sex and a relationship though, but I doubt that will ever happen.

I'm not (I had sex one time in my life). Also, I would say that it's not a big deal to have had it, and it's certainly not a "sad" thing if someone has never had sex in their life.