Some of my Teenage years Friends were good, but are gone,
I never made adult friends really, maybe in chat rooms and online play.
who are furries as well, and people I do know... are not really friends but
just someone I know.

Yeah getting free stuff is good I try to use gimp... not my likey
could by the layout and tools are different that's why but it had some new features
that are useful to go back and forth for drawing something.
Yeah Photoshop is pricey not if there are good knock offs that cheaper and as good
as PhotoShop.

Ah that's good being silly and fun is good practice,
well every time I see my old stuff I did as a teen
I"ll go "What Has Science Done!?!" they didn't age well.

Ah cooly, I think I'm not that good ether
just takes practice and getting use to,
but then again as they say "If you're not good at it, try something else"

SnowWolf
Contributor
22 days ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 20
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

stalkerd said:
Some of my Teenage years Friends were good, but are gone,
I never made adult friends really, maybe in chat rooms and online play.
who are furries as well, and people I do know... are not really friends but
just someone I know.

It can be hard, but I'd rather have a few godo friends then a lot of strangers. online friends can totally be real friends. DOn't let anyoen tell you otherwise. :)

Yeah getting free stuff is good I try to use gimp... not my likey
could by the layout and tools are different that's why but it had some new features
that are useful to go back and forth for drawing something.
Yeah Photoshop is pricey not if there are good knock offs that cheaper and as good
as PhotoShop.

Gimp is pretyt bad. I mean, I've tried it repeatedly and it's always.. frustrating and crashy.

Medibang paint, fire alpaca, Krita, artweaver, autodesk sketchbook... lots of great programs out there.

Ah that's good being silly and fun is good practice,
well every time I see my old stuff I did as a teen
I"ll go "What Has Science Done!?!" they didn't age well.

Nah, it's history. we've moved on. see how much we've improved? XD most of my teenage art was all sad and emo, wiithout actualyl becoming depressed. Sad crying tigers, that sort of thing, haha.

Ah cooly, I think I'm not that good ether
just takes practice and getting use to,
but then again as they say "If you're not good at it, try something else"

People who say that are jsut trying to break you. Keep trying, if it's something you want to be good at.

This guys' an inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/user/microboyd/videos

SnowWolf said:
Gimp is pretyt bad. I mean, I've tried it repeatedly and it's always.. frustrating and crashy.

GIMP, crashy? Windows user detected ;)

I use GIMP all the time but for editing, not drawing. MyPaint is better for drawing.

SnowWolf
Contributor
21 days ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 20
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

savageorange said:
GIMP, crashy? Windows user detected ;)

I use GIMP all the time but for editing, not drawing. MyPaint is better for drawing.

Yep. Windows user here. However, it DOES bill itself as a "cross-platform image editor available for GNU/Linux, OS X, Windows and more"... so. windows user or not, one SHOULD expect stability. I think the last time I tried it crashed every time I tried to resize an image.. or was it when I was using the selection tool? whatever it was, it was a REALLY basic task.

I remember trying to use GIMP some number of years ago and it crashed on the splashscreen. That was back in 2011 on a much worse system.

There are many softwares available, both cheap and free, that run better than whatever horseshit Adobe tries to sell. Krita is free (but it's still in development), Paint.NET is free, Firealpaca is free, etc. If you don't mind spending a little money, Paint Tool SAI is about $50, ArtRage is currently about the same price if you like real-media emulation. These things also run better than the Photoshop versions (and Elements) I've used, which is a plus.

Look for actual drawing software instead of editing software. The latter will be jampacked with a bunch of garbage you'll probably never use, which is why I stick with SAI for my stuff.

SnowWolf said:
It can be hard, but I'd rather have a few godo friends then a lot of strangers. online friends can totally be real friends. DOn't let anyoen tell you otherwise. :)

Medibang paint, fire alpaca, Krita, artweaver, autodesk sketchbook... lots of great programs out there.

Nah, it's history. we've moved on. see how much we've improved? XD most of my teenage art was all sad and emo, wiithout actualyl becoming depressed. Sad crying tigers, that sort of thing, haha.

People who say that are jsut trying to break you. Keep trying, if it's something you want to be good at.

This guys' an inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/user/microboyd/videos

Yeah it's nice to chat online friends and play online too.

oh did gimp had like 2 versions?
as the newest one is way different then the older ones?
Yeah there is alot of good programs the only
hard part is knowing the names of them. but asking helps.

"Crawling In My Skin!” lol I like that song but know i like it for two reasons
and one them are for the memes, and yes I was that kinda teen back then
but then again I still like grim things like how
old Don Bluth's cartoons story telling.
Crying tigers? lol
I was that middle grown emo edgy type, so I was like Shadow the Hedgehog
before Shadow the Hedgehog. lol
I was the
"The world is cruel
The world is wicked
It's I alone whom you can trust in this whole city
I am your only friend…" (Love that song)

Yes I did improve a little, Some of my older works was ok or "good"
but I guess I was lucky and was in that "Zen" moment.
but now I can't do that again even if my life depended on it.
as I miss that, because when I think, I think to much and I can't draw right.
The type of thinking to much of making mistakes.

Ah Nice, but what I meant was "Everybody, can't be a masterchef"
or they're good doing somethings, but not everything.
Like no I can't draw something that looks like an
2 months hand made painted portrait project. But I can draw "this."

I quit it almost every week because quite frankly, my art is atrocious.

But for some reason I just keep trying.

I keep trying to start but I lack inspiration and quite a bit of depression rolled in. Always something takes my attention.
Tried digital a while ago, can't get my head around it, traditional is the only way.

SnowWolf said:
Yeah.

But I quit.

I hate myself for it.

I wasn't great, but I let what other people said to me push my down. I let them win, and in the last 10 years I've made as much art as I would have in a week before.

Every time I try to draw, try to create art again, to make something flitting around in my head, I choke. Everything I create I loathe.

For a little while, I made art again. Just a little bit. But it wasn't drawing, not really. It was talented mimicry of an idea. Like decorating a cake. Made it pretty, made some art, but really, what matters is the cake itself, not how pretty it is.

I wish, more than anything that when little 22 year old me had been struggling with her art, that I had told the person who told me that my art was bad that their opinion didn't matter. That I was going to keep going, even if I hadn't figured out what I wanted my art to be yet.

I let them stop me. And I stopped improving. I didn't grow. I try to draw again and nothing's changed. Except me. If I'd kept drawing, I'd have improved. I'd've gotten out of that awkward place I was in--somewhere between cartoon and anime. I draw now and see a weeaboo piece of shit and I don't know how to fix it... because I let myself stop.

I wish more than anything that I had kept going. It was rough, but if you just keep walking forward, no matter what, you keep changing.

An artist will always seem room to improve. The grass will always be greener, and we will always keep stretching for that.

But we won't go anywhere unless we keep walking.

Keep walking, Stalkerd. Don't quit. Don't let your at get you down either. I know it feels like the great artists just poop out good work without even trying, but they've spent so much time practicing and working at it. For every picture they post, there are dozens of crappy sketches that get thrown out, books full of doodles and practice and shit.

Keep on drawing. and know that every picture brings you closer to where you want to be. Even if the road here is muddy and thick, it'll get better. Just keep drawing.

The road gets easier there will always be critics just do what makes you... well you. We all been there.