https://twitter.com/i/moments/948744373805764609

''His schedule probably got throttled. He should have paid to upgrade to the 'Totally Social' package.''

This one made me chuckle a bit :)

Gee... People sounds suspiciously quiet today...

cerberusmod_3 said:
Gee... People sounds suspiciously quiet today...

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!

Feel better?

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 36
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

MyNameIsOver20charac said:

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!

┌───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┬─┐
├─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┤
├─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┤
├─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┼─┬─┴─┬─┴─┤
├─┴─┬─┴─┬─┤ Your masonry skills ├─┴─┬─┴─┬─┤
├─┬─┴─┬─┴─┤ need a little work. ├─┬─┴─┬─┴─┤
├─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬───┬───┬───┬───┬───┼─┴─┬─┴─┬─┤
├─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┤
├─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┴─┬─┤
└───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴───┴─┘

MyNameIsOver20charac said:

WALL OF TEXT!!!!!

Feel better?

No. I'm serious.

I haven't seen a lot of people discussing in this thread, which is unsettling since Net Neutrality is one of the most important topic to talk about. I tried to tell them with the news I've found but strangely no response.

It's like nothing is happening.

What do you expect us to do, be positive about the whole ordeal?

cerberusmod_3 said:
No. I'm serious.

I haven't seen a lot of people discussing in this thread, which is unsettling since Net Neutrality is one of the most important topic to talk about. I tried to tell them with the news I've found but strangely no response.

Well the thead is on page 10 and still on topic, which is rather difficult because of the anti-politics rule. Most people are probably either out of things to say or just tired of discussing. Personally I'm not very interested in politics in general, even if they are in my country, and I stopped reading the long posts a few pages back. If you post a real wall of text you'd probably get a few responses, but I wouldn't hope for too much.

cerberusmod_3 said:
No. I'm serious.

So long as people don't lack basic living necessities (sustenence, security and entertainment) they won't rise up, they will bleat and growel but will take whatever is thrown at them without much fuss, and let's face it, if the whole of internet ,except communication and maybe some specific data, were to disappear it wouldn't be the end of the world.

The vast majority of the population just doesn't seem to think that it's something urgent.

Also a fun fact, censorship (specifically 'postal censorship') was up until recent times completely normal thing and the following censoring of the internet would be merely a return to business as usual, after a ''aberrant'' historical period.

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Haljkljavahlibrz said:
basic living necessities (sustenance, security and entertainment)

Since when is entertainment a necessity?

BlueDingo said:
Since when is entertainment a necessity?

our country practically runs on bread and circuses.

Haljkljavahlibrz said:
So long as people don't lack basic living necessities (sustenence, security and entertainment) they won't rise up, they will bleat and growel but will take whatever is thrown at them without much fuss, and let's face it, if the whole of internet ,except communication and maybe some specific data, were to disappear it wouldn't be the end of the world.

The vast majority of the population just doesn't seem to think that it's something urgent.

Also a fun fact, censorship (specifically 'postal censorship') was up until recent times completely normal thing and the following censoring of the internet would be merely a return to business as usual, after a ''aberrant'' historical period.

So what else? Should I say goodbye or what?

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago

kamimatsu said:
our country practically runs on bread and circuses.

True, but only one of those keeps you alive.

cerberusmod_3 said:
So what else? Should I say goodbye or what?

That is one option, you could also ascend through the ranks of power until you are the one who makes the policy, or you can galvanize the masses and make the change you want, you could also use other methods that i would neither reccomend nor name to achieve your goals, you can move to a nordic country (the schmucks will probably give you decent living conditions), finally you can make peace with the current situation and go with the flow.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Haljkljavahlibrz said:
That is one option, you could also ascend through the ranks of power until you are the one who makes the policy, or you can galvanize the masses and make the change you want, you could also use other methods that i would neither reccomend nor name to achieve your goals, you can move to a nordic country (the schmucks will probably give you decent living conditions), finally you can make peace with the current situation and go with the flow.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Sorry. Can't hear what you said. :/

BlueDingo said:
True, but only one of those keeps you alive.

one keeps you from starving. the other keeps everyone from killing out of boredom.

Fun observation, out of a class of 25-30, only me and my friend knew about the whole net neutrality thing. The rest were oblivious (granted, we're in Europe).

Generally, nobody seems to really care, either because they have the money for "fast lane", or because they don't really spend that much time on the net.

IT BEGIIIINS!

AT&T drops Net Neutrality promise

The body isn’t even cold yet, but AT&T is wasting no time in rolling out new “features” that fly in the face of net neutrality. The company has expanded its “sponsored data” program to prepaid wireless customers, offering content companies the option to “sponsor” their data so that it doesn’t count against users’ caps.

This, in case you’re wondering, is what you find under the definition of “paid fast lanes” in the net neutrality false promises hall of fame.

As of right now, the only three services using AT&T’s sponsored data program are DirecTV, UVerse, and Fullscreen. By a huge coincidence, those are three video services owned by AT&T. “Now your plan includes sponsored data. This means, for example, that customers who have DirecTV or U-verse TV can now stream movies and shows … without it counting against their plan data,” AT&T told customers in a text message earlier today.

This flies directly in the face of a statement AT&T made just last year, when it was trying to persuade consumers that the FCC’s net neutrality repeal wouldn’t be the end of a free and open internet. “AT&T intends to operate its network the same way AT&T operates its network today: in an open and transparent manner. We will not block websites, we will not throttle or degrade internet traffic based on content, and we will not unfairly discriminate in our treatment of internet traffic,” executive Bob Quinn said at the time.

By any definition, offering paid fast lanes to companies constitutes “discriminating” against internet traffic. I’d say that only prioritizing traffic from AT&T-owned companies, or companies willing to pay up, constitutes unfair discrimination, but then again I’m not an AT&T lawyer.

To all those who kept saying that repealing Net Neutrality is no big deal, or will even be beneficial, I have only one thing to say:

I told you so!

wous
Contributor
3 months ago
4_fingers 4_toes alien beverage black_eyes blue_claws blue_fur blue_nose book claws coffee cup disney english_text experiment_(species) fur head_tuft holding_book holding_cup holding_object honey inanimate_object inner_tube james_silvani jar lilo_and_stitch notched_ear pleakley reading relaxing scrump signature solo steam stitch text toes traditional_media_(artwork) url

Score: 12
User: BooruHitomi
Date: February 02, 2018

Volphied said:
IT BEGIIIINS!

To all those who kept saying that repealing Net Neutrality is no big deal, or will even be beneficial, I have only one thing to say:

I told you so!

I fail to grasp the horror of this particular event.

I'm surprised people still use AT&T given how much of a ripoff they are.

wous said:
I fail to grasp the horror of this particular event.

Under Sponsored Data, companies can pay AT&T extra money to have their content be cap-exempt. This allows deeper-pocketed companies an unfair leg up over smaller competitors (especially of the non-profit or startup variety).

fox_whisper85 said:
I'm surprised people still use AT&T given how much of a ripoff they are.

Many people don't have a choice. Especially away from the coasts, in small towns, where there's often only one internet provider available.

Volphied said:
Under Sponsored Data, companies can pay AT&T extra money to have their content be cap-exempt. This allows deeper-pocketed companies an unfair leg up over smaller competitors (especially of the non-profit or startup variety).

Many people don't have a choice. Especially away from the coasts, in small towns, where there's often only one internet provider available.

I hope AT&T goes under and hits rock bottom hard, same with Xfinity, who we're stuck with. Screw the big ISPs.

Volphied said:

Hi, yep. That's me. We had dial up until about 8 years ago. We were stuck with AT&T until 2 years ago.

I am just outside the city limits of the biggest city for 30 miles-ish--and even further if you head west instead of east. I could say a lot of other things about the area I live in, but basically, naw, no ones cares about us out here. we don't count.

Volphied said:
IT BEGIIIINS!

I told you so!

Why did I know it would be AT&T? Oh yeah, they were the reason the phone industry crumbled when it was also the web industry.

Net Neutrality is greedy, stupid, and I completely disagree with it, I can’t believe it even became a thing at all.

IllinoisBoi1 said:
Net Neutrality is greedy, stupid, and I completely disagree with it, I can’t believe it even became a thing at all.

Net Neutrality itself, or the act of trying to repeal it? Because Net Neutrality is what is keeping ISPs from throttling the internet unless you pay more and disallowing them from playing favorites by slowing down content they don't like, thus allowing all internet content an equal chance of being seen and enjoyed. Would you want to pay more money on top of what you already pay for the internet to enjoy whatever content you want? Without Net Neutrality that would be your reality.

IllinoisBoi1 said:

Yes, we're all greedy for wanting to be able to access all websites fairly.