Motivate me, maybe?

In category: e621 Tools and Applications

Latest version of the thing.

Try it out and tell me your thoughts.
(I won't give any usage instructions so I could, maybe, get feedback on how it seems to a person that uses it for a first time)

preview

(old) some examples:
https://streamable.com/27i4d
https://streamable.com/oa7ru
https://streamable.com/mebtw

After launching it, I assumed that the textbox was a quick tag search tool(i.e. solo male anthro, etc). Pressed Enter and it did nothing, I clicked Navigate and I ended up getting a "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" error. I couldn't refresh the page and had to relaunch.

Next, I tried www.e621.net and it worked. The site loaded and I was able to browse like I normally would on Chrome. Entered a post and clicked Download. The image loaded in, right-clicked and there was no "Save image as..." option. Tried to find a "Back" button to return to the previous page but there was none. Clicked "Navigate" and it was back to square one.

Saw FlashGet but I don't even know where to use it(index page would, I assume, just download the thumbnails).

I honesty don't see what I could do with this tool, all of the features I see now can be easily replicated on Chrome or Firefox w/ extensions. From what I'm assuming it's a mass e6 downloader/broswer?

TheGreatWolfgang said:
After launching it, I assumed that the textbox was a quick tag search tool(i.e. solo male anthro, etc). Pressed Enter and it did nothing, I clicked Navigate and I ended up getting a "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" error. I couldn't refresh the page and had to relaunch.

Next, I tried www.e621.net and it worked. The site loaded and I was able to browse like I normally would on Chrome. Entered a post and clicked Download. The image loaded in, right-clicked and there was no "Save image as..." option. Tried to find a "Back" button to return to the previous page but there was none. Clicked "Navigate" and it was back to square one.

Saw FlashGet but I don't even know where to use it(index page would, I assume, just download the thumbnails).

I honesty don't see what I could do with this tool, all of the features I see now can be easily replicated on Chrome or Firefox w/ extensions. From what I'm assuming it's a mass e6 downloader/broswer?

Fair fair, try visiting some of your favorite artists on some of their media outlets.

I added some tooltips, should make things slightly clearer https://ufile.io/sv6s2
(It's working!)

Both files are clean, as checked by VirusTotal (just doing my part as an IP-Sec nut, especially since I've almost had a close call on this website myself).

Right off the bat, it demands that I install "2007 Office Data Connectivity Component" first, prompting me with a yes/no option. Already not off to a great start.

After downloading, installing, and restarting e621 bot.exe, it greeted me with a dialog box, informing me that it was an art scraper for Artists on social media, including FurAffinity (eww... but that's not because of this tool... FurAffinity is just gross). I put in the link to WolfBlade's FurAffinity, and hit navigate. After that, I did some clicking around, and created a database for him.

And now I'm lost. How do I populate this database? I'm afraid that without any kind of documentation, this tool serves me no purpose, not to mention that it can potentially do more damage to my account than good. If it really does what it claims to do, how is it supposed to know that a higher-res version of a picture that it's uploading under my name doesn't already exist? Is there any kind of code that some of our more Windows and python-oriented users can review? I had to log into my FurAffinity account to view WolfBlade's account. Are my login details safe? Why isn't this application signed?

This application is raising a lot of red-flags for me, and I'm sure you can understand why.

Perhaps give a bit of detail on what it does, at least a description. I'm not downloading something just titled "e621 bot.exe".

Chaser said:
Perhaps give a bit of detail on what it does, at least a description. I'm not downloading something just titled "e621 bot.exe".

It's supposed to be an image scraper for artst's social media pictures, so you don't have to go through the pictures one-by-one and upload the pictures.

Edit: Here's the VirusTotal report for the latest file:
https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/fc8f10724a2705aff6495174075013ad6adb6c157054cde0e9cc9fc23490b50b/detection

Faux-Pa said:
including FurAffinity (eww... but that's not because of this tool... FurAffinity is just gross).

Same.
Also usually worst place to get artwork.

All you said is fair, even though it hurts a bit it's ME after all =/

I guess I could give a bit of instructions.
Since it's your first use, go to some artists twitter for example and scrape it, switch to 2nd tab on the left and you will have a list of his tweets.
Now you can do multiple things here, but I gues you would want to double click on the image(url), what happens next should be self explanatory.
As a last step I guess you could try uploading something to e6.

A short preview:
https://streamable.com/27i4d

As far as the downloading goes, you need dot net 4.5 and microsoft access components. It used to use regular .txt file for storing but so only .net was needed but I changed it, looked nicer this way and I was trying out new things.

Faux-Pa said:
1. "2007 Office Data Connectivity Component" first, prompting me with a yes/no option. Already not off to a great start.

2. And now I'm lost. How do I populate this database? I'm afraid that without any kind of documentation, this tool serves me no purpose, not to mention that it can potentially do more damage to my account than good. If it really does what it claims to do,

3. how is it supposed to know that a higher-res version of a picture that it's uploading under my name doesn't already exist?

4. I had to log into my FurAffinity account to view WolfBlade's account. Are my login details safe?

1. If you click yes it will just send a web address to whichever is your default browser.

2. Once you're on artists page, when you click scrape it makes a list. You can then save that list to database under name you chosen.

3. Well it doesn't really know, it's the same like when you try to upload manually, you'll get error if it already exists though.

4. App doesn't have a browser of its own, it uses windows one (internet explorer xD ), that's why its so small. Safe as in any other browser. But good question.

DelurC said:
... it uses windows one (internet explorer xD ), that's why its so small...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5o2uWhNe8

TheGreatWolfgang said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5o2uWhNe8

IE has been part of it for a decade already if not more, I hope they replace it, because they haven't got around to fix the memory leak for nearly a decade as well.

I tried doing something recently, and once before that, and because of that memory leak everything breaks after like half an hour. Memory usage reaches the limit of 4gbs and poof.

But that's only under extreme circumstances, for normal use its fine.

DelurC said:
1. If you click yes it will just send a web address to whichever is your default browser.

2. Once you're on artists page, when you click scrape it makes a list. You can then save that list to database under name you chosen.

3. Well it doesn't really know, it's the same like when you try to upload manually, you'll get error if it already exists though.

4. App doesn't have a browser of its own, it uses windows one (internet explorer xD ), that's why its so small. Safe as in any other browser. But good question.

1. Okay, I get the database part. Luckily I was able to install it on an external drive to save my already-dwindling on-board storage.

2. I don't see any kind of scrape button.

3.So it just blindly uploads something if e621's MD5 checking doesn't stop it? The same image from one source can have a completely different MD5, and if I were to upload something that already exists, that would affect my upload limit.

4. That's weird, considering that I don't even have Internet Explorer installed. I specifically remember removing it after installing Windows 10.

Faux-Pa said:
1. Okay, I get the database part. Luckily I was able to install it on an external drive to save my already-dwindling on-board storage.

2. I don't see any kind of scrape button.

3.So it just blindly uploads something if e621's MD5 checking doesn't stop it? The same image from one source can have a completely different MD5, and if I were to upload something that already exists, that would affect my upload limit.

4. That's weird, considering that I don't even have Internet Explorer installed. I specifically remember removing it after installing Windows 10.

2. Which page are you currently viewing?

4. I belive that needed componets are still there. I don't think it uses edge. Does it look like edge?

DelurC said:
2. Which page are you currently viewing?

4. I belive that needed componets are still there. I don't think it uses edge. Does it look like edge?

I was viewing https://furaffinity.net/user/wolfblade, and it didn't really look like Edge, but then again, without the browser's original GUI, one wouldn't be able to tell.

Faux-Pa said:
I was viewing https://furaffinity.net/user/wolfblade, and it didn't really look like Edge, but then again, without the browser's original GUI, one wouldn't be able to tell.

You need to visit their gallery or some submission.

Moved video to op and added another one.
Waiting for more peeps to say what they think.

No matter what FurAffinity gallery I go to, the scrape button does not appear. It appears on Twitter pages, but not on FurAffinity.

Also, I know that it's a mass uploader, but I feel that there should be a tags box for each individual post, and a tags box that will be applied to all posts being uploaded.

Example:

Tags to go on all posts:
artist:example canine exmaple_tag
Post 1 tags:
underwear solo bulge
Post 2 tags:
some_tag another_tag

And so on.

And I know that I'm really nit-picking, but some kind of integration with iqdb.harry.lu would be amazing... especially considering the fact that I just had all 3 of the posts that I uploaded through this tool flagged for deletion because they already existed on the site under a different md5sum.

Faux-Pa said:
No matter what FurAffinity gallery I go to, the scrape button does not appear. It appears on Twitter pages, but not on FurAffinity.

It's because of that ad in the middle of the screen, it's broken, takes a long time to report its loaded.
Will add FA to F12 button too then.
Edit: Ok, added new version to op, just set focus to form (for example, on tabview on the left, click on the browser [globe] icon then press F12 on keyboard).

Faux-Pa said:
And I know that I'm really nit-picking, but some kind of integration with iqdb.harry.lu would be amazing... especially considering the fact that I just had all 3 of the posts that I uploaded through this tool flagged for deletion because they already existed on the site under a different md5sum.

If the same image exists, you will get error since e6 check for that already.
As far as for checking for version, iqdb only gives out %, it doesn't say if its worse or better.
So if you would want to check every image, then it would have to go to iqdb check if they exists, if they exist then go check each one to see if they are bigger (resolution or file size) but it still can't say if its better. Need AI for "is image better" part, that's way beyond me.
So I left it on manual. Uploading from websites that have better image quality over the ones that have worse, like pixiv > twitter.

And also, resolution is not absolute, image can be upscaled, while image size can be bloated, so yea =/

DelurC said:
It's because of that ad in the middle of the screen, it's broken, takes a long time to report its loaded.
Will add FA to F12 button too then.
Edit: Ok, added new version to op, just set focus to form (for example, on tabview on the left, click on the browser [globe] icon then press F12 on keyboard).

For me, it just goes to a random picture, and nothing populates in the Database tab.

And I get the IQDB thing. I had seen jacklul use it for one of his GitHub projects, and I thought it would be a cool thing to try.

Faux-Pa said:
For me, it just goes to a random picture, and nothing populates in the Database tab.

And I get the IQDB thing. I had seen jacklul use it for one of his GitHub projects, and I thought it would be a cool thing to try.

Yeah hold on, I'll hove to do more than just give the option to show the button.
Because when you try to scrape gallery, when it navigates to submission to grab time and text, it takes a long time to get notification it finished loading because of that broken add.

Seems I got it workings, even though it's not the solution I planned to, but hey, it works.
So broken ads shouldn't be a problem anymore, though it will be a bit slower than normally.
Try it.

I think I removed every single ad now, added newest version to op. Try it now =/

So, I've fixed some stuff, maybe changed it a bit.
I would like to hear some other complaints that you may have.

That is... pretty sexy looking, not gonna lie. Wow.

Are there any features that would make your life uploading to e6 easier?

DelurC said:
Are there any features that would make your life uploading to e6 easier?

Keeping in mind that I might not be seeing what you're intending to show off... (I haven't used your tool before!)

Well, I tend to upload a lot of art from artists who do non-furry stuff... sooo...

It'd be nice to have a way to... like... leave notes on specific posts in the program. At it's most simple, something like "Not suitable for uploading" ... as well, maybe some way to place a marker so that if you have a multiple day uploading project, you know where you left off. Regardless, if there isn't a way, a way to leave something off of the list. :D

That said, the more I peer at the preview, the more I"m not positive what it does. this isn't a bad thing as my new thoughts are actually more exciting than the old ones, but this is REALLY cool.

I'm not sure what the is out of the scope of this program... but.. more tagging tools are always delicious.