Ledian
Privileged
1 month ago
2017 ambiguous_gender beverage clothed clothing coffee colored_sketch commander_ledi commander_ledi_(character) cup drinking flora_fauna fully_clothed guild_wars hair micro plant purple_body purple_hair simple_background sketch slurping solo sylvari video_games white_background

Rating: Safe
Score: 21
User: Commander_Eggplant
Date: September 20, 2017

Dyrone said:
I honestly don't care about your opinion on this at all, it's already implicated, and you're straw-manning yet again by suggesting that a worgen looks NOTHING like a werewolf. Even the most cartoony versions of worgen still look like werewolves to some degree.

And TWYK can factor into tags, the mother_and_son tag, for instance, is completely dependent on TWYK in a lot of cases. Yall need to stop acting like using TWYK is a cardinal sin that can NEVER be committed, it's simply wrong, and honestly makes you look like you have a very base understanding of tagging in general.

no. you literally cant tell that notable amount of worgens posted here are supposed to be werewolves without relying on external knowledge. and the implication is bad implication and should be undone.

also the family relationship tags are a bit of special case but even they need to have some visual proof.

Commander_Eggplant said:
no. you literally cant tell that notable amount of worgens posted here are supposed to be werewolves without relying on external knowledge. and the implication is bad implication and should be undone.

Ok, but you used the word NOTHING, which is just dead wrong. They are wolf-people, so that's SOMETHING. Whether or not they are werewolves does require a small amount of TWYK in some cases, which I think is completely fine.

Commander_Eggplant said:
also the family relationship tags are a bit of special case but even they need to have some visual proof.

What visual proof is required exactly? Do Dee-Dee and Dexter from Dexter's Lab look at all similar? Yet if they were fucking on this site it would still garner a brother_and_sister tag. You're talking out your ass again. Just look at the damn wiki pages, there is NOTHING speaking on a visual requirement for these tags, or are you just going to say "well there should be!" Yeah, lets just remake the whole site so it's in line with your thinking why don't we.

@Dyrone, you still haven't answered my question.

Fifteen said:
Lore accuracy aside, what's the benefit of having such an alias implication?

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Score: 26
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

Dyrone said:
Ok, but you used the word NOTHING, which is just dead wrong. They are wolf-people, so that's SOMETHING. Whether or not they are werewolves does require a small amount of TWYK in some cases, which I think is completely fine.

5_fingers anthro avian barefoot bird breasts brown_fur brown_hair brown_nose canine crouching day detailed_background digitigrade female feral fur grass green_eyes group hair hi_res lagomorph mammal navel outside pink_nose rabbit rodent squirrel video_games warcraft were werewolf wide_hips worgen yakovlev-vad

Score: 70
User: Millcore
Date: September 01, 2017

Left one is tagged werewolf, right one isn't. Without using lore, what features of the left one make it more of a werewolf than the right one?

Ledian
Privileged
1 month ago
2017 ambiguous_gender beverage clothed clothing coffee colored_sketch commander_ledi commander_ledi_(character) cup drinking flora_fauna fully_clothed guild_wars hair micro plant purple_body purple_hair simple_background sketch slurping solo sylvari video_games white_background

Score: 21
User: Commander_Eggplant
Date: September 20, 2017

Dyrone said:

What visual proof is required exactly? Do Dee-Dee and Dexter from Dexter's Lab look at all similar? Yet if they were fucking on this site it would still garner a brother_and_sister tag. You're talking out your ass again. Just look at the damn wiki pages, there is NOTHING speaking on a visual requirement for these tags, or are you just going to say "well there should be!" Yeah, lets just remake the whole site so it's in line with your thinking why don't we.

character being anthro wolf is not enough proof of character being werewolf. or should we tag every goddamn anthro wolf on this site as werewolf?

also i meant the requirment of some visual proof as in you cant tag lizard and cat as mother and daughter just because artist said that they are biologically mother and daughter.

BlueDingo said:
Left one is tagged werewolf, right one isn't. Without using lore, what features of the left one make it more of a werewolf than the right one?

I never said we shouldn't use lore. The left one is clearly a worgen because of the style of the ears.

Fifteen said:
you still haven't answered my question.

The benefit is that it's something people expect, and it makes things easier for tagging. We don't have to evaluate and argue over every single worgen image this way, which is good because the standard we are measuring these things against are pretty arbitrary considering a werewolf is a mythical creature.

Commander_Eggplant said:
character being anthro wolf is not enough proof of character being werewolf. or should we tag every goddamn anthro wolf on this site as werewolf?

Yeah, cause I totally said that. You are a master straw-manner sir. You are putting the straw-man maker's kids through college. For real.

Commander_Eggplant said:
also i meant the requirment of some visual proof as in you cant tag lizard and cat as mother and daughter just because artist said that they are biologically mother and daughter.

true, but that's an awfully low bar, a much lower bar than assuming a certain species of wolf-people are always werewolves.

Dyrone said:
the standard we are measuring these things against are pretty arbitrary considering a werewolf is a mythical creature.

Nagas and lamias are also mythical creatures, neither of which completely match with the myth they originated from, yet we still use the two tags in very specific ways because snake-like beings need to have a certain tag variety so that people can easily find what they expect, and I believe the same goes with wolf and werewolf.

Dyrone said:
The benefit is that it's something people expect, and it makes things easier for tagging. We don't have to evaluate and argue over every single worgen image this way

The arguing part can be fixed if everyone can agree on the distinctive features between a wolf antro and a werewolf, which is the point of this discussion. And don't tell me it's that much of an effort to add the werewolf tag while tagging if you feel like it's worth adding.

Dyrone said:
I never said we shouldn't use lore. The left one is clearly a worgen because of the style of the ears.

Glad to hear it, but I don't remember werewolf myths to mention anything specific about the ears.

Dyrone said:
Yeah, cause I totally said that. You are a master straw-manner sir. You are putting the straw-man maker's kids through college. For real.

Well, if we can't figure out a way to give the werewolf tag any sorf ot meaning, it's probably just going to get aliased into wolf and that'll be that. Why have a second tag for something that can only be identified from lore and already has subspecies tags like worgen for those cases? I'm not strawmanning, there'd just be no point.

Dyrone said:
true, but that's an awfully low bar, a much lower bar than assuming a certain species of wolf-people are always werewolves.

The pokémon rule already says that's not a good justification.

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Dyrone said:
I never said we shouldn't use lore.

I know, but the rest of us and the site rules do say that.

Dyrone said:
The left one is clearly a worgen because of the style of the ears.

You didn't answer the question. The question was, what makes it more of a werewolf?

Fifteen said:
Glad to hear it, but I don't remember werewolf myths to mention anything specific about the ears.

I'm saying it looks like a worgen so it's a werewolf.

Fifteen said:
Well, if we can't figure out a way to give the werewolf tag any sorf ot meaning, it's probably just going to get aliased into wolf and that'll be that.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *catches breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

I'm not strawmanning

Never accused you of strawmanning, I was talking to Eggplant. Why can't anyone read?

Honestly I'm done getting dogpiled on here. I'm right, you all are wrong, deal with it. I keep restating myself over and over cause you guys just ask the same dumb questions over and over, just rephrased. This is why most people don't even want to discuss a topic like this, because a bunch of pedants like you are just going to work yourselves into such a "logical" pretzel that you say things like the werewolf tag shouldn't even exist LOL. Wow.

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago

Fifteen said:
Well, if we can't figure out a way to give the werewolf tag any sort of meaning, it's probably just going to get aliased into wolf and that'll be that. Why have a second tag for something that can only be identified from lore and already has subspecies tags like worgen for those cases?

I'm almost tempted to go with this just to kill the argument and ensure they all have the wolf tag on them, and make the were tag almost empty in the process since most were images are of werewolves and other were creatures usually don't get the appropriate were tag.

List of were* tags

BlueDingo said:
I'm almost tempted to go with this just to kill the argument and ensure they all have the wolf tag on them, and make the were tag almost empty in the process since most were images are of werewolves and other were creatures usually don't get the appropriate were tag.

So basically if you can't make a tag fit perfectly into your logical construct of tagging, the tag should just be eliminated completely. That is not a good solution AT ALL. I should honestly just never talk on these forums. I try to make you guys see the light, but you always err towards the stupidest solutions possible, I think just to spite me more than anything.

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago

Dyrone said:
That is not a good solution AT ALL.

Hence the "almost tempted" part. I would rather make it useful than eliminate it but if we can't make it useful, elimination is the next option.

Also, attacking and mocking any point of view that doesn't line up with yours is not "making you guys see the light".

Dyrone said:

Then you're in the wrong, because we should never use lore. That's the rule of Tag What You See.

If lore is the only way to tell if something is a werewolf or not, then there's no point in tagging it. Essentially the only way to tell is if there's a transformation actively happening in that image.

BlueDingo said:
5_fingers anthro avian barefoot bird breasts brown_fur brown_hair brown_nose canine crouching day detailed_background digitigrade female feral fur grass green_eyes group hair hi_res lagomorph mammal navel outside pink_nose rabbit rodent squirrel video_games warcraft were werewolf wide_hips worgen yakovlev-vad

Score: 70
Date: September 01, 2017

Alright, so going back to figuring out a tagging policy, if we used "Can it vote?" (as in whether or not it looks human-like enough in behavior and expression to be allowed to vote in-universe without it attempting to maul people) as a rule of thumb for non-tf images, both of these then wouldn't be called werewolf. However, that would also make images like these fall outside of the tag definition, which some people may disagree with.

Should something be done to cover these as well? Do you have other examples of images that wouldn't be covered by such a rule of thumb that should be examined?

Furrin_Gok said:
Then you're in the wrong, because we should never use lore. That's the rule of Tag What You See.

Well apparently you're in the wrong, because the implication is already set up that way.

Furrin_Gok said:
Essentially the only way to tell is if there's a transformation actively happening in that image.

True, but that's not practical AT ALL. That's the problem with you, you're not practical, the things you suggest are not practical, it's all just mental exercises that go nowhere and mean nothing.

That's like saying "well the only way to tell if the alien tag is justified is if we can see the character coming from an alien planet." Guess that'll be your next crusade...remove the alien tag because we cannot be PERFECTLY sure these creatures are aliens!

I mean take Stitch for example...he looks like a Pokemon. He's a random furry animal that could easily be found in a lost jungle or engineered in a lab here on earth. There's is hardly anything in his design that screams THIS IS AN ALIEN FOR SURE. But we tag him as alien partly because we are relying on outside knowledge...people know he's an alien, and he looks alien enough that it's not offensive to the 12 people who've never watched the show. This is the reality of tagging, sometimes TWYK is used a tinnny bit, get used to it.[[

Honestly if you guys are offended by "cute" werewovles, you could just go around and tag every "scary" werewolf image with monster, because they LOOK monstrous. However, knowing this site, that probably violates some random condition of the monster tag which is why I haven't bothered suggesting it 'til now.

BlueDingo
Privileged
29 days ago

Dyrone said:
That's like saying "well the only way to tell if the alien tag is justified is if we can see the character coming from an alien planet." Guess that'll be your next crusade...remove the alien tag because we cannot be PERFECTLY sure these creatures are aliens!

Considering the word alien means "(something) from another place" and has nothing to do with what that something looks like, yes, external information is the only way to know for sure.

Dyrone said:
Honestly if you guys are offended by "cute" werewovles, you could just go around and tag every "scary" werewolf image with monster

And you accuse us of strawmanning. Offense has nothing to do with this.

BlueDingo said:
Considering the word alien means "(something) from another place" and has nothing to do with what that something looks like, yes, external information is the only way to know for sure.

Ok, so you're basically saying the alien tag is completely TWYK, then why is this in the wiki? "Keep in mind that this tag should only be added if the creature looks like an alien by twys." Clearly something must LOOK alien as well. So it's a combination of TWYS and TWYK, so every time you guys say "you can't use TWYK EVER" you were lying through your teeth. So BY YOUR OWN ADMISSION we've established TWYK can be, and really has to be, used at times.

So I'm going need you to take that crutch you've been using, kiss it, hug it, then throw it in the dumpster and come up with a better argument.

Species tagging does have a heavy twtk element to it, in both needing to know the difference between two species (real or not) and also knowing the artist's intent. I've said it before, but if it wasn't, most furry art would end up tagged 'canine', but what the artist and lore says overrules what it looks like. It also means that in images where the artist has drawn a pokemon/digimon exactly like a real animal with a pallet swap, it's still wrong to tag it as that animal despite that technically being correct under twys.

Alien is a special exemption. It has nothing to do with werewolves.

Worgen was implicated five years ago. We've since refined our tagging system some, and we've gotten rid of a lot of implications and aliases from that time. It may be time to get rid of this implication, too.

Dyrone said:
Well apparently you're in the wrong, because the implication is already set up that way.

True, but that's not practical AT ALL. That's the problem with you, you're not practical, the things you suggest are not practical, it's all just mental exercises that go nowhere and mean nothing.

Why do you have to be so aggressive about a tag implication? Why do you have to be so irrationally dismissive about TWYS even though it does a fine job at enforcing tags that mean exactly what people browsing for stuff expect them to? You're arguing as if the pokémon policy change hadn't hapenned, as if gender tagging wasn't a big deal anymore and we could just tag characters with whatever gender the artist says they are.

Your reasoning doesn't work here. No matter how abrasive you're trying to be, TWYS is here to stay.

Now could we please get back to the subject at hand? We're 50 posts in and this hasn't gone anywhere yet.

Dyrone said:
The benefit is that it's something people expect, and it makes things easier for tagging. We don't have to evaluate and argue over every single worgen image this way, which is good because the standard we are measuring these things against are pretty arbitrary considering a werewolf is a mythical creature.

Not everybody expects that though, you expect it. Making a tag inaccurate because its easier isn’t a good argument.

BlueDingo said:

List of were* tags

I’m leaning towards this solution. While it would be nice to have the were tag for werewolves it actually deciding on what one is doesn’t seem to be going well. Maybe just have wolf as the species and then add a semi-anthro tag? I don’t know. Personally I’d like to see the tag stay and we come up with an actual definition of a werewolf.

SharkFetish said:
I’m leaning towards this solution. While it would be nice to have the were tag for werewolves it actually deciding on what one is doesn’t seem to be going well. Maybe just have wolf as the species and then add a semi-anthro tag? I don’t know. Personally I’d like to see the tag stay and we come up with an actual definition of a werewolf.

Your solution would exclude pokemon whom are made to look like werewolves. Midnight_lycanroc werewolf is one quick example (was, turns out someone nuked that. There used to be a bunch), and pokemon cannot be tagged with specific species like wolf... but they can be tagged werewolf, as it’s an equally fictional species.

Siral_Exan said:
Your solution would exclude pokemon whom are made to look like werewolves. Midnight_lycanroc werewolf is one quick example, and pokemon cannot be tagged with specific species like wolf... but they can be tagged werewolf, as it’s an equally fictional species.

We fixed this last week, they now only have the were tag instead of werewolf tag.

NotMeNotYou said:
We fixed this last week, they now only have the were tag instead of werewolf tag.

I noticed, I had to edit my bloody search because I kept rereading your message from months ago. Well, that solved what I was partially worried sbout.

Fifteen said:
Why do you have to be so aggressive about a tag implication?

Because people are intentionally misunderstanding me as a means to further their arguements...case in point:

Fifteen said:
Your reasoning doesn't work here. No matter how abrasive you're trying to be, TWYS is here to stay.

Oh look at this, more STRAW-MANNING. Do you guys even know what straw-manning is? Here you go, maybe you can better understand what it is you're doing all the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

By saying "No matter how abrasive you're trying to be, TWYS is here to stay" you're arguing as if I'm saying TWYS should be trashed completely. I never said that...all I'm saying that occasionally you can use TWYK. Strawmanning! Learn about it, and then please stop doing it cause it's getting very VERY old.

Fifteen said:
Now could we please get back to the subject at hand? We're 50 posts in and this hasn't gone anywhere yet.

The reason no one is talking about it is cause there's nothing to talk about. The system works fine as it is. I already proposed MY fix, which would be to tag more savage-looking werewolves as monster.

If you want to discuss it so bad though all I can say is your idea about "can it vote"?, which is trying to gauge the werewolf's intelligence FROM A PICTURE as a sign of whether or not it's a werewolf, is stupid. First off, just because it's doing something an animalistic, like attacking or howling, doesn't mean it's not smart. Secondly, that has nothing to do with being a werewolf. There are werewolves who can think just fine and act just like people in popular media, usually when they "learn to control" their power.

Dyrone said:
Oh look at this, more STRAW-MANNING. Do you guys even know what straw-manning is? Here you go, maybe you can better understand what it is you're doing all the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

By saying "No matter how abrasive you're trying to be, TWYS is here to stay" you're arguing as if I'm saying TWYS should be trashed completely. I never said that...all I'm saying that occasionally you can use TWYK. Strawmanning! Learn about it, and then please stop doing it cause it's getting very VERY old.

Putting every other word in bold and/or all-caps doesn't make you more right, it just makes having a discussion on this more annoying that it needs to be. Please stop that.

Also, if you're going to complain about my choice of words, how about this instead : Every past discussion I've seen about were-* tags and the related implications and aliases would end up being bogged down by nobody really agreeing on the definitions and tagging implications of werewolf when everyone around is some sort of animal standing on 2 legs, which is why we have tags like lycan alias to were directly for no good reason and I'd personally be very interested in using the werewolf tag as something other than a TWYK extension of the wolf tag.

Dyrone said:
The reason no one is talking about it is cause there's nothing to talk about. The system works fine as it is. I already proposed MY fix, which would be to tag more savage-looking werewolves as monster.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

Dyrone said:
If you want to discuss it so bad though all I can say is your idea about "can it vote"?, which is trying to gauge the werewolf's intelligence FROM A PICTURE as a sign of whether or not it's a werewolf, is stupid. First off, just because it's doing something an animalistic, like attacking or howling, doesn't mean it's not smart.

(If I didn't want to discuss it, I wouldn't have made a thread with that title.)

You said it yourself, it's "trying to gauge [something] FROM A PICTURE(sic) [...]". The "can it vote" guideline isn't meant to evaluate intelligence (anyone can vote, after all, barring a very specific set of conditions that would make you ineligible), it's meant to evaluate whether that werewolf character is meant to stand-in as a person (i.e : a normal guy with a normal life that's also a wolf) or as a beast. If the definition of werewolf was altered so that it only covers obviously savage werewolves (which is what I'm arguing in favor of, in addition to transformations), I think that would be a great rule of thumb. Feel free to suggest a different one, though.

Dyrone said:
Secondly, that has nothing to do with being a werewolf. There are werewolves who can think just fine and act just like people in popular media, usually when they "learn to control" their power.

But that's lore-specific things that might vary from source to source. Big wolf on campus portrays the werewolf character as still exactly the same guy with the exact same manners and not any more or less smarter or instinct-driven than before, just with extra facial hair and not even enough makeup to qualify as wolf_humanoid. Per the show's lore, that's what a werewolf is and is supposed to look like, and if such an image ended up here, that's how it would need to get tagged.

I don't know about you, but were that to happen, I definitely wouldn't want that tagged as werewolf.

EDIT : Come to think of it, that's probably why werewolf doesn't alias to wolf. Wolf humanoids don't qualify as actual wolves when tagging.

SnowWolf
Contributor
10 days ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Score: 18
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

Okay at risk of opening up this kettle of fish again...

The original topic: How to distinguish 'werewolf' from other wolf related tags. What makes a werewolf a werewolf.

I would propose that empty/blank/glowing eyes are often werewolfish and can add to the 'feral appearance'. Such as:

angry anthro barefoot betty_(weaver) big_hands canine clothed clothing disney hi_res mammal nobby_(artist) pack_street pants shirt simple_background solo tank_top wolf zootopia

Score: 3
User: KinkshamingIsMyKink
Date: March 02, 2017 ambiguous_gender angry black_fur black_lips black_nose canine depth_of_field detailed detailed_background digital_media_(artwork) ears_back fangs feral fur gums head_tilt headshot_portrait inkrend inner_ear_fluff lighting looking_up mammal moon multicolored_fur night no_pupils open_mouth outside portrait red_eyes shaded side_view sky snarling snout snow solo teeth tongue two_tone_fur white_fur wolf

Score: 14
Date: August 29, 2016 2017 angry canine detailed_background mammal night open_mouth redeye sharp_teeth solo teeth were werewolf wolf

Score: 7
User: GhostWolf2018
Date: January 17, 2017 2017 angry anthro bat black_fur canine detailed_background full_moon fur mammal moon night open_mouth outside redeye sharp_teeth solo teeth were werewolf wolf

Score: 9
Date: January 14, 2017

Obviously, this may not always be present (just as 'ripped clothing is not always present), nor is glowing eyes a dead giveaway of a werewolf, but it is something to consider.

I also think that the wiki could benefit from a "famous werewolves" section. There are several characters who are werewolves that do not imply werewolves, and that way if someone is interested in werewolves-as-a-character, you have some helpful options. (examples, Winnie Werewolf, Jon Talbain from Darkstalkers...)

Anyway, on to that kettle of fish...

I feel like one of the important aspects is being neglected here... When people search for a tag, it's because they want things that look like that. When someone searches 'feline' it's because they want a cat, not Jane-the-cat-as-a-pony. When someone searches 'wolf'.. they want something based heavily on the lupine-design: canine, dog-muzzle-shape (long, broad, with a large nose), pointy ears, short-to-mid-lenght-ish-fur, paws-with-claws, cocks-with-knots, moderately poofy tails. Maybe not all of them at the same time (characters without tails, characters with shorter muzzles, characters with long fluffy fur...) but there's a general canine-y-ness that is expected when searching for a wolf.

When people want 'werewolf,' they're seeking something beyond the above mentioned wolf-y-ness, and are likely seeking something more akin to what you see in the traditional werewolf movie or TV show. I, personally, believe that this is the wolf-ish aesthetic for one... but there's also a lot of other aspects: unwanted or uncontrolled change. A loss of emotional control--often anger. A degree of ferocity and feralness. Typically, bared teeth and claws. Werewolves are classically depicted with... some sort of element of horror. Not necessarily that they are ugly or horrific, but that there's a grittiness I can't really put a word to. Y'know, the quality that post #1363854 doesn't have.

So, I think that determining what makes a werewolf a werewolf and not a wolf-anthro should be based around what someone searching for 'werewolf' would want to find.

(I've got a character that is a were-critter. She can change on command to either a 4-legged form, or a 2-legged "werewolf" form, but is generally pretty chill while she's transformed. Maybe a little more temperamental, but she's not going to snap and rip off someone's face for bumping into her or stepping on her toes. If pictures of her existed, she should not be tagged werewolf. Unless! she is actually furious for some reason, while in her bipedal werewolf form.)

Clothing and posture are also pretty big indicators. For example, these all look like pretty angry wolves, but they don't CLEARLY say "I am a werewolf".. they say "I am a wolf and I am ANGRY."
amputee angry anthro canine claws clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) fangs female fur hair looking_at_viewer mammal simple_background snarling solo standing teeth toe_claws video_games warcraft were werewolf wolf worgen xuza

Score: 12
User: random_person
Date: June 15, 2017 angry anthro barefoot betty_(weaver) big_hands canine clothed clothing disney hi_res mammal nobby_(artist) pack_street pants shirt simple_background solo tank_top wolf zootopia

User: KinkshamingIsMyKink
Date: March 02, 2017 16:10 abs angry anthro bamwuff belly biceps big_biceps big_muscles black_eyes black_nose brown_fur brown_hair canine clothed clothing cursedmarked fangs front_view fur hair headphones huge_muscles male mammal manly mature_male muscular muscular_male music necktie nipples open_mouth paws pecs pose saliva simple_background solo sound standing teeth tongue topless wolf

User: Zerolevelecho
Date: June 23, 2016 absurd_res angry anthro black_fur black_nose blood boots brown_hair canine clenched_teeth clothed clothing club_(weapon) fangs female fingerless_gloves footwear fur gloves grey_fur hair half-closed_eyes hi_res holding_object holding_weapon jacket jeans long_ears mammal melee_weapon nail_bat orange_eyes pants red_fur simple_background solo standing teeth torn_clothing totesfleisch8 weapon white_background white_fur wolf

Score: 11
User: Cat-in-Flight
Date: December 15, 2015

Whereas, these depicts a bestial rage rather than a humanoid anger:
action_pose angry anthro attack biceps big_muscles blood blue_eyes bright_eyes canine chain claws cold cool_colors detailed digital_media_(artwork) digitigrade fangs fenrir full-length_portrait fur grey_fur ice light long_claws looking_at_viewer looking_back magic male mammal muscular muscular_male official_art open_mouth outside portrait pose runes saliva sharp_claws sharp_teeth side_view smite snow solo standing teeth unknown_artist vein video_games wolf

Score: 11
User: Vanzilen
Date: April 04, 2015 2014 ambiguous_gender angry anthro blue_eyes breath canine cool_colors darkness detailed_background fangs feral forest fur mammal night open_mouth roaring saliva scar scary signature smile solo teeth tongue tree were werewolf wolf wolfroad

Score: 48
Date: April 05, 2015 2017 angry anthro black_fur black_nose blewzen_(artist) canine claws dark detailed_background fur group hi_res mammal night open_mouth outside red_eyes sharp_teeth standing teeth toe_claws tree were werewolf

Score: 14
Date: February 20, 2017

So! With all this said.. I do not agree that worgen should imply werewolf. If I want worgen art, I will search for worgen. Just like, I do not believe that winnie_werewolf or Jon_Talbain or bernard_(ok_k.o.!_lbh) should automatically imply werewolf. (they don't!) ...because *being* a werewolf doesn't meant that they always look like a werewolf.

Seriously: 2017 abs anthro belt bernard_(ok_k.o.!_lbh) biceps big_muscles brown_eyes canine cartoon_network chest_tuft clenched_teeth clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) fangs forest fur half-length_portrait hi_res male mammal muscular mystikfox61 navel nipples ok_k.o.!_let's_be_heroes open_shirt outside pants pecs portrait purple_fur purple_nipples shirt smile solo standing teeth tree tuft were werewolf wolf

User: Rysaerio-Misoery
Date: October 10, 2017

Including worgen in the werewolf tag dilutes the 'purity' of the search. Of course, one COULD search for werewolf -worgen but... should that strictly be nessisary? Especially since, if worgen implies werewolf, so should Jon_talbain and winnie_werewolf.... so, really, you'd need to search for werewolf -worgen -jon_talbain -winnie_werewolf -bernard_(ok_k.o.!_lbh ... etc etc etc

Now, worgen certainly CAN be tagged with werewolf, of course. But it shouldn't be the 'default'.

4_fingers abs action_pose angry anthro armor battle beard biceps big_muscles black_nose blue_fur canine claws clenched_teeth clothed clothing detailed detailed_background facial_hair fangs forest fur grass grey_fur group hair human male mammal melee_weapon muscular muscular_male official_art open_mouth outside pants partially_clothed pecs pose saliva scar sharp_claws sharp_teeth standing sword teeth topless traditional_media_(artwork) tree unknown_artist video_games warcraft weapon were werewolf wolf worgen

Score: 6
Date: April 02, 2015 3_toes angry anthro armor athletic attack bat blade bright_eyes brown_fur brown_nose building canine claws cloud collar detailed detailed_background digital_media_(artwork) digitigrade ear_piercing eye_scar fangs fist full_moon fur hair hi_res male mammal melee_weapon moon muscular night no_pupils open_mouth outside piercing pose saliva scar solo sparks spikes standing stone sword teeth toes tongue unknown_artist video_games warcraft weapon were werewolf worgen

Score: 20
Date: October 08, 2015 anthro canine duo human kuma male mammal moon night paws rogue teeth transformation video_games warcraft were werewolf wolf worgen

Score: 10
User: PheagleAdler
Date: January 10, 2012

...but most worgen angry images are just... wolf anthros displaying human anger, rather than werewolves werewolfing.

So, in conclusion:

I don't think worgen should imply werewolf.
I don't think any specific races or characters should imply werewolf.
I also think that 'werewolf' should be gone through, as, by *MY* criterea, many of the werewolf pictures on the site don't really look like werewolves:

2017 canine close-up fangs fur happy hi_res jewelry mammal multicolored_fur necklace panting pendant portrait shadow_wolf shalinka smile solo teeth tongue tongue_out two_tone_fur were werewolf yellow_eyes

Score: 10
User: ShadowWolfFur
Date: November 10, 2017

And yes, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is and go through 'em all.