Tag Alias: semi-feral -> semi-anthro

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

Aliasing semi-feralsemi-anthro
Link to alias

Reason:

Both indicate a creature being partway between anthro and feral.

semi_feral should be implicated as well, there's more images with that tag.


+1

I also think that semi-feral, semi_feral, semi-anthro, and semi_anthro should all be aliased to the same thing


ah, my favorite tag getting an update. please alias the underscored suggestions as noted above so I never have to think about them ever again.


+1 for sensibility and also in keeping with tag conventions, maybe alias everything to semi_anthro with an underscore


Snergal said:
+1 for sensibility and also in keeping with tag conventions, maybe alias everything to semi_anthro with an underscore

Semi is a modifying prefix, not separate word. In this case, it is more appropriate to keep the hyphen.

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

Is the cup half full or half empty?

+ 1 for aliasing ether one to the other in the OP or aliasing both, to semiferal or semianthro .

Siral_Exan said:
Semi is a modifying prefix, not separate word. In this case, it is more appropriate to keep the hyphen.

hemisphere
demigod
monoglove
monobrow / unibrow
hemipenes

they all have modifying prefixes but they are all properly written without dashes

http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/hyphens.asp

By in large, pretty much all prefixed tags that have great usage are ether compact or underscored, semi-anthro is the only prefixed tag in any significant usage that has a dash.


Oh boy, this again! You’ve discovered root words, but *anthro* is not a root. It is a prefix, particularly of anthropomorphic, and you don’t combine prefixes together without a hyphen.

Unless you’re talking medicine, but I took that class and it wasn’t fun. Even the teacher agreed on the deceptive difficulty.

Furthermore, you don’t combine two vowels from separate terms together, speaking “semianthro” is inappropriate. Hyphen indicates the break. To quote from your site, “Rule 5. Never hesitate to add a hyphen if it solves a possible problem...”

But please, do lecture me. I didn’t read dictionaries, a thesaurus, and old literatures for nothing.

Long story short: semi-anthro is appropriate if we do not want to delve into transformative prefixes, if we wish to abide by the speech argument, and if we are willing to follow what others can accept with little room for translation error.

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

Siral_Exan said:
Oh boy, this again! You’ve discovered root words, but *anthro* is not a root. It is a prefix, particularly of anthropomorphic, and you don’t combine prefixes together without a hyphen.

Unless you’re talking medicine, but I took that class and it wasn’t fun. Even the teacher agreed on the deceptive difficulty.

Furthermore, you don’t combine two vowels from separate terms together, speaking “semianthro” is inappropriate. Hyphen indicates the break. To quote from your site, “Rule 5. Never hesitate to add a hyphen if it solves a possible problem...”

But please, do lecture me. I didn’t read dictionaries, a thesaurus, and old literatures for nothing.

Long story short: semi-anthro is appropriate if we do not want to delve into transformative prefixes, if we wish to abide by the speech argument, and if we are willing to follow what others can accept with little room for translation error.

"anthro" in of it self is not a prefix Siral, it is a shortened term of its own right for words that do have the prefix "Anthropo-"

Also if you are not able to respond to comments without inserting your sarcasm or passive-aggressive complaining then you should just not talk here.
It is pointless and stupid on a online platform were academic background cant and shouldn't have to be proven to be able communicate.


Darou said:
"anthro" in of it self is not a prefix Siral, it is a shortened term of its own right for words that do have the prefix "Anthropo-"

Are we really splitting hairs now?

Also if you are not able to respond to comments without inserting your sarcasm or passive-aggressive complaining then you should just not talk here. It is pointless and stupid on a online platform were academic background cant and shouldn't have to be proven to be able communicate.

If you aren’t going to bring a counter argument, don’t say I’m in the wrong. I literally took a class, medical terminology, and I know I have more experience than you. Unless you refute that with evidence, I am just as correct as anyone else here. And I’d humor the philosophy of the internet, but since so many others are using their experiences, I’m allowed to use mine.

*edited grammar, I didn’t mean to say “with you”*

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

Siral_Exan said:
Are we really splitting hairs now?

If you aren’t going to bring a counter argument, don’t say I’m in the wrong. I literally took a class, medical terminology, and I know I have more experience with you. Unless you refute that with evidence, I am just as correct as anyone else here.

Are you really that certain, you do not know me siral, you do not know my life outside of this forum. Again it is pointless stating your academic background, anyone can lie that they have taken class in medicine or anything else or have gotten a doctorate and what not.

And i did provide my counter argument in which you responded with a copout, "splitting hairs" by the way is picking dashes or underscores for tags on a online imageboard if anything, not the clarification of difference between the term and the actual prefix of the words that the term refers to.


Darou said:
Are you really that certain, you do not know me siral, you do not know my life outside of this forum. Again it is pointless stating your academic background, anyone can lie that they have taken class in medicine or anything else or have gotten a doctorate and what not.

And i did provide my counter argument in which you responded with a copout, "splitting hairs" by the way is picking dashes or underscores for tags on a online imageboard if anything, not the clarification of difference between the term and the actual prefix of the words that the term reffer to.

Are you going to provide only vagueness now, or are you going to actually post a cohesive point on this thread?

I can prove myself right (why are these links broken for me? turns out iPhone is using altered quotation marks) and I don’t need to care about you, Ruku. My academic background is correct.

You aren’t countering an argument with the equivalent of pussy-footing around the topic. You could be as invested as the rest of us if you wish, though.

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

Siral_Exan said:
Are you going to provide only vagueness now, or are you going to actually pale a cohesive point on this thread?

“I can prove myself right”:https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/YwYN2575/IMG_1922.JPG (why are these links broken for me?) and I don’t need to care about you, Ruku. My academic background is correct.

You aren’t countering an argument with the equivalent of pussy-footing around the topic. You could be as invested as the rest of us if you wish, though.

A photo or screencap can simply be taken off from the internet from were ever https://imgur.com/a/Nz4sj
It does not mean it it is actually taken by you.
I could of cource upload actual taken cellphone photos of the art history books i have, but it wouldnt be proof and i am not interested in proving academic superiority. Also siral you do apparently care sense you are keep referring to your perceived superiority without actually addressing the subject.

And i am very much am invested in this, certainly more then you. I dont need to fall back to sarcasm or petty excuses like you are doing right now siral.

calling my counter argument "splitting hairs" is not being invested in the discussion.


Darou said:
A photo or screencap can simply be taken off from the internet from were ever https://imgur.com/a/Nz4sj
It does not mean it it is actually taken by you.
I could of cource upload actual taken cellphone photos of the art history books i have, but it wouldnt be proof and i am not interested in proving academic superiority.

Oh boy, pessimism. Did you miss the Discord channel I intentionally opened to prove that both this source and the PC belongs to a “Siral”? And, I’m the only person whom ever uses that name...

Also siral you do apparently care sense you are keep referring to your perceived superiority without actually addressing the subject.

I don’t care about you. Be thankful, as that’s usually the opposite.

And i am very much am invested in this, certainly more then you. I dont need to fall back to sarcasm or petty excuses like you are doing right now siral.

calling my counter argument "splitting hairs" is not being invested in the discussion.

At this point, I realized that I am arguing with someone I loathe, and if you want to: we could agree to disagree, leave each other’s asses alone so we won’t be at our other’s throats all damn day long, and quite possibly do something much more productive.

Neither of us will gain from this argument, or any argument ever. We’re literally just gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink at ourself until one of us logs off or until an admin arrives. Let’s stop this argument (and preferably any argument) and walk away from it, lest we be at it forever...

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

Siral_Exan said:

Oh boy, pessimism. Did you miss the Discord channel I intentionally opened to prove that both this source and the PC belongs to a “Siral”? And, I’m the only person whom ever uses that name...

I don’t care about you. Be thankful, as that’s usually the opposite.

At this point, I realized that I am arguing with someone I loathe, and if you want to: we could agree to disagree, leave each other’s asses alone so we won’t be at our other’s throats all damn day long, and quite possibly do something much more productive.

Neither of us will gain from this argument, or any argument ever. We’re literally just gonna throw everything and the kitchen sink at ourself until one of us logs off or until an admin arrives. Let’s stop this argument (and preferably any argument) and walk away from it, lest we be at it forever...

Im not pessimistic, screencaps just arnt really proof, but I do admit i didnt notice the siral in that screencap thou i wouldnt be surprised if there is more then one person who uses the name not that that nesecarilly applies here. I certainly know more then one person or character who uses the name darou.

I am surprized that you first notice that know considering you always been targeting me with sarcasm and a superiority complex from the get go, instead of just being plain old constructive. we can all disagree, that is fine...


Why are we bustin out credentials to discuss a made up word for cartoon animals on a furry spank bank.

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

regsmutt said:
Why are we bustin out credentials to discuss a made up word for cartoon animals on a furry spank bank.

Because I disputed the advise Siral gave on grammer correctness as being incorrect and not in line with usage on e621 and they basicly in short came back at it being impossible for me to dispute because they imply they got superior education and experience, without actually knowing each other's background outside of this forum. That's my view at least.


regsmutt said:
Why are we bustin out credentials to discuss a made up word for cartoon animals on a furry spank bank.

i wonder about the type of person who thinks a cheap textbook qualifies as "credentials" even by the lax standards of said furry spank bank.

i also notice the credentialist actively uses Discord, which i believe speaks more about their personality than anything else.


I wonder what being on topic feels like.


+1 on aliasing all the terms mentioned by Idem to semi-anthro (and not 'semi_anthro', which would be a anthropomorphic semi-trailer, AFAICS.)

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

savageorange said:
(and not 'semi_anthro', which would be a anthropomorphic semi-trailer, AFAICS.)

Wouldn't that be anthro_semi?

I know you're joking. Don't flip out.

Idem
Member
1 month ago
ambiguous_gender clothes_roller confusion cute drunk flattened flattening folded mammal meralot rollers sergal solo squish table wringed

Rating: Safe
Score: 8
User: NoahGreenDragon
Date: April 18, 2015

savageorange said:
+1 on aliasing all the terms mentioned by Idem to semi-anthro (and not 'semi_anthro', which would be a anthropomorphic semi-trailer, AFAICS.)

Possibly have semiferal and semianthro be aliased also. I know there was discussion about which is correct, but having these, typos or not, would be usefull.


BlueDingo said:
Wouldn't that be anthro_semi?

Either - it's a choice of emphasis. Semi[anthro], or anthro[semi]. In this case the latter would probably be chosen since it's easier to say.

Idem said:
Possibly have semiferal and semianthro be aliased also.

Hmm.

Actually:

-1 on semiferal, semi-feral, semi_anthro, and semianthro
+1 on semi_feral → semi-anthro (semi_feral has 10 posts)

I went and checked the post counts for the various terms. All of the items I am -1 on have a post count lower than 10, and so should be manually fixed.


Just because there's not a lot of posts on an alternate spelling doesn't mean we can't make the alias anyway, especially with all the fiddly dash versus underscore variants of a popular tag like this, to prevent the constant maintenance effort required to keep posts from getting lost in the future.


Snergal said:
Just because there's not a lot of posts on an alternate spelling doesn't mean we can't make the alias anyway, especially with all the fiddly dash versus underscore variants of a popular tag like this, to prevent the constant maintenance effort required to keep posts from getting lost in the future.

That's perfectly true, but I expect you will find some admins -- Ratte for example, and IIRC parasprite -- do not agree with the practice of adding 'light-duty' aliases (which impose their own maintenance cost) to the system.

The figure of 100 posts with a given tag has previously been suggested as a guideline for when an alias is worth having.

Idem
Member
1 month ago
ambiguous_gender clothes_roller confusion cute drunk flattened flattening folded mammal meralot rollers sergal solo squish table wringed

Rating: Safe
Score: 8
User: NoahGreenDragon
Date: April 18, 2015

savageorange said:
The figure of 100 posts with a given tag has previously been suggested as a guideline for when an alias is worth having.

I'd enjoy tag implication/alias paradise, or hell as some people might see it, but I don't maintain them.

Thanks for the info about the guideline. I got the impression any common typo might be good from the femael alias.


.. how do you tell how common a typo femael was, since aliased-away tags show count=0?

Ruku
Member
1 month ago
7_eyes abstract_background ambiguous_gender anthro belly_scales blue_scales breath chain cold darou digital_media_(artwork) digital_painting_(artwork) dragon furgonomics gauges glowing green_eyes head_tails headshot_portrait humanoid_ears jewelry lips long_mouth long_neck membranous_wings multi_eye necklace outside pendant pointy_ears portrait purple_background scales seasaidh shaded signature simple_background snout snow soft_shading solo wings winter

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: Darou
Date: November 04, 2017

savageorange said:
.. how do you tell how common a typo femael was, since aliased-away tags show count=0?

tag history probably , they remain even if aliased away or invalidated.

https://e926.net/post_tag_history?post_id=&date_start=&date_end=&user_name=&source=&tags=femael&reason=&description=