Deimplicate tag: frilly_hairband -> hairband

In category: Tag Alias and Implication Suggestions

There is no such thing as a frilly hairband. It should be a frilly headband instead, since it goes around your head, not only your hair.

So, my suggestion.
Deimplicate frilly_hairbandhairband
Rename frilly_hairbandfrilly_headband
Implicate frilly_headbandheadband

This also requires some manual retagging, seeing as how there's no way to make sure that if there's a frilly headband, there's not also a hairband. Apart from that situation occurring, removing all hairband tags from images with frilly_hairband after deimplicating it would work.

For clarity, a few images:
Wiki says this is a hairband
This is what's being tagged as a frilly hairband
Wiki says this is a headband
And so is this

Whatever the case, with the current way the tags are set up, the implication is incorrect and should be removed.
EDIT: Read below.

Kemono-Kay said:
For clarity, a few images:
Wiki says this is a hairband
This is what's being tagged as a frilly hairband
Wiki says this is a headband
And so is this

Whatever the case, with the current way the tags are set up, the implication is incorrect and should be removed.

Where I'm from, this is a hair tie and this is a hairband, so this may be another case of different regions using different words for different things.

Well if that's the case, it probably either

1. needs even more work (splitting it up into hair_tie, hairband and headband),
2. the wiki needs to be changed and manually retagged to put the hair tie and hairband together instead of hairband and headband or
3. needs to be decided that it's not a useful distinction and all aliased.

Definitely option 1. To me, they are visually distinct enough to have their own tags and there's certainly enough images of all three. The hairband wiki in particular needs fixing because two of the examples are deleted.

I think I agree. In that case, the implication should stay in place after all, since the frilly_hairband tag is indeed talking about a hairband in that scenario.

Wiki pages updated.

I just found the tag hair_ornament. I think it might be a good idea to implicate hair_tie, hairband and headband to it.

EDIT: Probably also implicate forehead_protector to headband.*

So:

hair_tie I→ hair_ornament
hairband I→ hair_ornament
headband I→ hair_ornament
forehead_protector I→ headband