Do we need a reptile_penis tag?

In category: General

Didn't want to go on and create it if that's not a good name or if there already was a different one for the idea. This would be for posts like #1168835 and #1084063. The biggest problem I see with it is it's pretty ambiguous, as many penises on reptiles take elements from other species like canines and horses.

Would this tag be a welcome addition, or should we stick to the description tags like knotted_horsecock, bumped_penis, knotted_penis, etc?

Reptiles have pretty distinct penises so this could be a thing.

I'm not against it but it needs to answer a few questions

1. Can it be identified on a character that is not a reptile?
2. How will the wiki of the tag describe it?

I say we stick with hemipenes, honestly.

Clawdragons said:
I say we stick with hemipenes, honestly.

Most of the scalies on the site don't have hemipenes.

TheHuskyK9 said:
I'm not against it but it needs to answer a few questions

1. Can it be identified on a character that is not a reptile?
2. How will the wiki of the tag describe it?

Those are very good questions and honestly I don't have an answer for either.

MeatyLoaf said:
Most of the scalies on the site don't have hemipenes.

If you're tagging it because the person sporting it is a reptilian character, then it's a bad tag.

Genjar
Contributor
2 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 231
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Not to mention that there's no single uniform 'reptile' penis.
For example: snake, turtle and crocodile penises look completely different. And we already have tags for them. Hemipenis, turtle_penis, and crocodilian_penis.

There's almost as much variety as there is in mammals, it'd be like lumping canine_penis, humanoid_penis and ursine_penis all under a single 'mammal_penis' tag.

Genjar said:
There's almost as much variety as there is in mammals, it'd be like lumping canine_penis, humanoid_penis and ursine_penis all under a single 'mammal_penis' tag.

Not to mention this thing.

Please don't link to photos of animal genitalia.

I say better stick with the descriptive tags. I wouldn't recommend having a genitalia tag specific to the animal classes(mammal, reptile, amphibian, fish, bird).

Most of us who browse this site knowns a reptilian penis when they see one. However the line gets blurred when the ever so popular canine penis jumps in with knots and shape. I think barbs, bumps and flowers are good indicators of the reptile penis.