Dyrone said:
Do we have a tag for when breast expansion is induced through drugs?

Chemically-assisted expansions and transformations are common themes. Usually, the post features a potion, but that doesn't seem appropriate for a syringe. In a pinch, just to keep the ideas together, I would still tag that as potion. We do have growth_potion, growth_serum, and growth_pills, all with under 10 tags, which can be further populated.

SnowWolf said:
2018 abdomen ambiguous_gender anthro arthropod blue_eyes blue_markings blue_pawpads blue_tongue brown_markings crustacean eyes_closed fluffy fluffy-ears fluffy_hair fur hybrid marine markings mochiri model_sheet multiple_poses nude open_mouth pawpads pincers pose purple_background shrimp simple_background small_arms solo standing tan_fur tongue tongue_out vestigial_arms white_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 4
User: SnowWolf
Date: February 20, 2018

Basically this whole picture-- we have insect abdomen for buggies, but this is a shrimpywater thing. how tag butt? or is that jsut tail?

Shrimpkind... I tagged this one.

Wikipedia would seem to suggest that a shrimp's abdomen is the same as other invertebrates', or close enough for our purposes. In other words, it's also an abdomen, even if the name is ever changed to insect_abdomen.

What about the claw it has for hands?

pincers. The more specific anatomical term seems to be "chela", but that's never been tagged here.

Or the tiny chest-arms?

Those have been tagged tiny_arms and small_hands a few times. I like vestigial_arms more, but calling something "vestigial" is more TWYK (and I don't "know" that either) than "tiny".

Or how about the fact that it's a shrimp--a notoriously non-fluffy animal--and fluffy? (I've also uploaded a scaled wolf..) something like 'unexpected body covering'?

Probably just hybrid + component species tags. In theory, searching shrimp fluffy would return these unexpected shrimp, not that anyone would ever search that. fluffy, fluffy_tail, fluffy_ears, and fluffy_hair are fluffy tags with use.

donteven said:
What is the difference between sheer_clothing and transparent_clothing?

I spotted this one a while ago, and I was confused and annoyed with us having two tags with a lot of overlap. In my Notes file, I concluded that:

That way, the exsiting implication of sheer_clothing > transparent_clothing makes sense.

Also, I don't know if see-through plastic clothing should qualify as "sheer", but I don't want to puzzle out the "right" way to organize the types of transparent clothing right now either.

abadbird said:
Chemically-assisted expansions and transformations are common themes. Usually, the post features a potion, but that doesn't seem appropriate for a syringe. In a pinch, just to keep the ideas together, I would still tag that as potion. We do have growth_potion, growth_serum, and growth_pills, all with under 10 tags, which can be further populated.

What's the dif between a potion and a serum? I guess if it comes in a bottle or a needle or something, and that's better than growth_liquid :p

Shrimpkind... (insert very helpful shrimping here)

*adds abdomen!* as for pincers... so today I learned that it's pincers, not pinchers. which makes so much more sense.

added many tags-- thank you :D

as for transparent vs. sheer ... there's a difference, but I think they shoudl be shoved together. too many mistags possible and it's hard to tell artist intent.

SnowWolf said:
What's the dif between a potion and a serum? I guess if it comes in a bottle or a needle or something, and that's better than growth_liquid :p

To me a serum sounds more scientific so it would be contained in a syringe, test tube vial, chemistry beaker, etc. Whereas a potion would be more magical and would come in, well, we've all played video games and can easily imagine the types of containers a potion would come in. So I guess it's all in the context of the liquid is presented.

So... we tag beaks.

Ducks have bills.

Bill has 22 tags. Mostly ducks, but a few other things like shoebills...

So... should some things have bills, not beaks? or should bill alias to beak?

wikipedia generally seems to say that Bill = Beak = Bill

SnowWolf said:
So... we tag beaks.

Ducks have bills.

Bill has 22 tags. Mostly ducks, but a few other things like shoebills...

So... should some things have bills, not beaks? or should bill alias to beak?

wikipedia generally seems to say that Bill = Beak = Bill

There is no difference; the words are synonymous with each other. I'd suggest an alias of Bill to Beak, since beak is the more common term.

Genjar
Former Staff
4 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 280
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Gonna bring up the proposed eerie_ambiance/ominous_ambiance tag again: does anyone have any concerns or objections about it?

Romantic_ambiance proved to be less subjective than I expected, so I think that a tag for 'unsettling' settings could work. And it seems more useful than using vague tags such as creepy.

Here's some examples of what'd be tagged as such:
2015 ambiguous_gender black_body claws creepy dark_theme darkness dead_tree detailed_background faceless flower forest front_view grass humanoid lake log monster night nightmare_fuel not_furry nude plant reflection roots sitting solo stargrave tendrils tree waiting water wood

Score: 13
Date: February 04, 2018 antlers blood cervine chervellefryer cloud creepy dark_theme detailed_background drooling empty_eyes forest full_moon horn male mammal moon night pond saliva sky solo star starry_sky tree undead water zombie

Score: 12
Date: December 15, 2017

Would that be too subjective?

As for the tag name, I'd prefer eerie_ambiance simply because ominous_ambiance is more prone to typos.

is there a tag where both partners are the same species?

DallSmick said:
is there a tag where both partners are the same species?

I'm not sure there is. -interspecies would work in theory, but it's going to be somewhat undertagged.

Genjar said:
Gonna bring up the proposed eerie_ambiance/ominous_ambiance tag again: does anyone have any concerns or objections about it?

Romantic_ambiance proved to be less subjective than I expected, so I think that a tag for 'unsettling' settings could work. And it seems more useful than using vague tags such as creepy.

Here's some examples of what'd be tagged as such:
2015 ambiguous_gender black_body claws creepy dark_theme darkness dead_tree detailed_background faceless flower forest front_view grass humanoid lake log monster night nightmare_fuel not_furry nude plant reflection roots sitting solo stargrave tendrils tree waiting water wood

Date: February 04, 2018 antlers blood cervine chervellefryer cloud creepy dark_theme detailed_background drooling empty_eyes forest full_moon horn male mammal moon night pond saliva sky solo star starry_sky tree undead water zombie

Date: December 15, 2017

As for the tag name, I'd prefer eerie_ambiance simply because ominous_ambiance is more prone to typos.

Man, I love it.

I don't think it's too subjective, but you're preaching to the choir here. :)

maybe we can get some other ambiances in here too?

like maybe one for it being cheerful?

ambiguous_gender animal_humanoid beach bikini black_hair boots braided_hair brown_eyes bucket clothed clothing cloud dav-19 demon dessert detailed_background eyes_closed female flower flower_in_hair food footwear front_view fur green_fur grey_hair group hair hat holding_object horn human humanoid ice_cream kneeling leaning mammal membranous_wings mogeko_castle orange_hair outside pigtails plant rear_view reclining red_hair sand sand_castle sculpture sea seaside semi-anthro shovel sitting skimpy sky sport standing surfboard surfer swimsuit volleyball water white_fur wings yellow_fur

Score: 3
Date: January 10, 2018

or depressing/sad

beach crows depression eyes_closed feline feral fur lion log mammal mane mountain raining sad seaside solo storm whiluna white_fur wood

Date: December 11, 2017 ambiguous_gender blue_fur canine depression detailed_background english_text feral forest fur mammal novawuff outside sad shadow solo text tree walking wolf

Score: 5
Date: February 03, 2018 ambiguous_gender blackpassion777 blood brown_fur canine countershading dark_theme duo feral fur gloves_(marking) hi_res hug mammal markings nuzzling orange_eyes raining red_fur sad tan_countershading water white_countershading white_fur wolf wounded

Score: 18
Date: January 13, 2018

though not all of those might count.

Genjar said:

Nah, it's good to tag that kind of thing. Just the usual subjectivity disclaimers. Posts won't be equally eerie for all users.

The good part about tagging _ambiance instead of _environment, which is what I had suggested, is that "ambiance" includes characters whereas "environment" doesn't really. Characters do contribute to mood, and I wasn't happy with excluding them. I'm still hesitant about using such a tag on posts with barely any background ambiance, though, which is to say *_ambiance tags don't seem justified on posts without a detailed_background, more or less.

Date: February 04, 2018 Is the best from those examples.
antlers blood cervine chervellefryer cloud creepy dark_theme detailed_background drooling empty_eyes forest full_moon horn male mammal moon night pond saliva sky solo star starry_sky tree undead water zombie

Date: December 15, 2017 I can give those a pass.

But I don't think this one should qualify:

It ticks the right thematic boxes but doesn't register as eerie for me. The (not tagged) mouth stitches are moderately unsettling, but I find the rest of the image rather disarming. If we're actually tagging themes, then fine.

Not too much. Some subjectivity is unavoidable. I think the tag name is too long to draw many bad mistag lol.

Is there a tag for really dark lighting to the point it's difficult to see?

Like here, it's a very dark image. So dark I can barely discern what's in the background. There are loads of SFM pictures and animations like this one, just wondering if there's a tag for when an entire image is in extremely low light.

Dyrone said:
Is there a tag for really dark lighting to the point it's difficult to see?

Yeah, it's just dark. Unfortunately, that tag has a lot of irrelevant stuff in it and could do with some specializing.

dark_theme may be a better fit. I don't know how to determine if a post has a "dark color palette" or does not quite qualify for the tag, though...

Definitely use dark_room. I noticed that tag recently and will try to use it more.

abadbird said:
Yeah, it's just dark. Unfortunately, that tag has a lot of irrelevant stuff in it and could do with some specializing.

dark_theme may be a better fit. I don't know how to determine if a post has a "dark color palette" or does not quite qualify for the tag, though...

Definitely use dark_room. I noticed that tag recently and will try to use it more.

A Dark Room is a room for developing film, though.

Furrin_Gok said:
A Dark Room is a room for developing film, though.

A Dark Room is also a fun cookie clicker style game. (I highly recommend it--it has an ending, and can be completed in an afternoon of casual play.)

That said, looking through dark_room most of that seems to be rooms with an absence of lighting... I don't even see any photography-related posts, though I could be mistaken

abadbird said:
Sooo what body type is mareanie?

In this post

"Mareanie may be based on a sea urchin mixed with a Crown-of-Thorns starfish." Crown-of-Thorns Starfish

It's effectively legless, armless, and has hair tentacles.

I cracked the code!

2003 anthro blue_fur canine claws computer fur laptop male mammal nerevar open_mouth red_eyes solo tongue wolf

Score: 8
User: Char
Date: May 15, 2012

Sort of.

Mareanie is based on a polyp as well as the crown-of-thorns starfish. It kind of is what it eats, except it eats Corsola (coral are polyps). The way its tentacles ensnare prey mimics both crown-of-thorns starfish and polyps.

Wikipedia said:

We can distinguish therefore in the body of a polyp the column, circular or oval in section, forming the trunk, resting on a base or foot and surmounted by the crown of tentacles, which enclose an area termed the peristome, in the centre of which again is the mouth.

Mareanie has a stalk body and walks on small nubs (or it jumps), kind of like Wobbuffet (post #85214).

Does feral allow for the weirder of real creatures? Polyps are in the same tagging bucket as starfish, sea_urchins, and sea_anemone. They're all animals, as in animalia, but are all lesser animals feral?

On images with multiple situations presented

Is there a tag for when an image shows a character in multiple situations, or multiple characters in their own, mutually exclusive situations? (The latter may not be the best example, but I think it still works.)

▼ Extra

For images like those, should all tags applying to every situation be added? Like... should that image have the solo tag due to Maidbot being alone for one, seemingly separate portion? Or would it fall under the same rules as a comic, where solo is overwritten by duo/group/etc. if an implied interaction is later confirmed within the image?
If the latter, are there any other rules to follow when tagging that kind of image? Like, are there other tags that get overwritten?

This is in "Extra" because I'm not sure whether those questions belong in this thread or not. (If "thread" is even the right term. A little new to forums.)

SarahColley said:
a character in multiple situations

multiple_positions for two or more characters depicted in two or more positions. multiple_poses for a solo character depicted in multiple positions.

*exhale* Oh, man. multiple_images is all kinds of fucked up. It's being tagged for any of the multiple_* situations. Use multiple_images for unrelated drawings or full images clumped together in the same post.

multiple characters in their own, mutually exclusive situations? (The latter may not be the best example, but I think it still works.)

I think lineup is the best one for that. I don't think that lineup posts display "unrelated" characters, so they're not multiple_images. They're probably not model_sheets either unless they have measurements or some other character info. character_name shouldn't be enough.

Not sketch_page either because the characters are deliberately and precisely arranged, if the opposite of that is indeed what makes one of these a sketch_page.

I don't know if we can do better for "these are my characters" posts set against a non-detailed_background.

Lastly, since the characters in that post are related, I would tag that group. Or at least that's how I feel today, right now.

▼ Extra

For images like those, should all tags applying to every situation be added?

Technically, yes. If something's different for one sub-image, it should be tagged. It is time-consuming, though, and tagging something that only appears in one little drawing in a post with 15 other drawings isn't particularly relevant to searches for that tag. Thus, that tag can probably be skipped without making E621 a darker place. I arbitrarily make exceptions to that exception for uncommon tags or focal details. If such a drawing among many others can be summed up in a handful of tags, then do that.

Like... should that image have the solo tag due to Maidbot being alone for one, seemingly separate portion? Or would it fall under the same rules as a comic, where solo is overwritten by duo/group/etc. if an implied interaction is later confirmed within the image?

I lean toward the latter for that specific post. That post absolutely does contain a solo sub-image, but that sub-image is seemingly related to others in the same post that aren't solo. I probably would have left that post with duo only, but I don't have enough conviction to say that's how it should be done.

If the latter, are there any other rules to follow when tagging that kind of image? Like, are there other tags that get overwritten?

I'm sure there are, but they're hard to think of unless I'm confronted with such a tricky situation. I mentioned search relevance already. Similarly, some tags just seem increasingly inappropriate when one qualifying sub-image or element is in the presence of others that don't qualify. front_view, rear_view, and side_view are good examples, but I may still tag a section of a post for one of those views, even when every character in the group isn't shown from that view, if it's still a "deliberate *_view situation". I tagged post #684770 both side_view and front_view because both are in good representation in the same scene.

Still, character count should be the thorniest issue.

This is in "Extra" because I'm not sure whether those questions belong in this thread or not. (If "thread" is even the right term. A little new to forums.)

Half of these questions could go in forum #191799, but just keep them together. Also, better to ask than grope blindly.

This is a thread. Threads are discussions with a title and a starting post (an original post or OP). A lot of people here incorrectly call threads "forum", which is the place where all the threads are located, a directory like a folder.

abadbird said:
Does feral allow for the weirder of real creatures? Polyps are in the same tagging bucket as starfish, sea_urchins, and sea_anemone. They're all animals, as in animalia, but are all lesser animals feral?

I think it depends since these creatures are so commonly used as decor. I would be pretty unhappy to find posts like post #1459256 in a search for 'canine feral'. It'd be technically true, sure, but useless. It really hinges on "is it being treated as an animal or a decoration?" It's sort of the same problem with background birds, fish, and insects, though seeing those as characters is more common.

I don't really like it for the pokemon in question though. In the official art (post #1056797) it looks like a humanoid- toony humanoid face on a defined head, tentacles drawn to emulate human hair, and a torso drawn to emulate a person wearing a frilly dress. It could be drawn to resemble a feral polyp, but if it's drawn on-model it doesn't.

abadbird said:

▼ Entire Response

*exhale* Oh, man. multiple_images is all kinds of fucked up. It's being tagged for any of the multiple_* situations. Use multiple_images for unrelated drawings or full images clumped together in the same post.

I think lineup is the best one for that. I don't think that lineup posts display "unrelated" characters, so they're not multiple_images. They're probably not model_sheets either unless they have measurements or some other character info. character_name shouldn't be enough.

Not sketch_page either because the characters are deliberately and precisely arranged, if the opposite of that is indeed what makes one of these a sketch_page.

I don't know if we can do better for "these are my characters" posts set against a non-detailed_background.

Lastly, since the characters in that post are related, I would tag that group. Or at least that's how I feel today, right now.

▼ Extra

Technically, yes. If something's different for one sub-image, it should be tagged. It is time-consuming, though, and tagging something that only appears in one little drawing in a post with 15 other drawings isn't particularly relevant to searches for that tag. Thus, that tag can probably be skipped without making E621 a darker place. I arbitrarily make exceptions to that exception for uncommon tags or focal details. If such a drawing among many others can be summed up in a handful of tags, then do that.

I lean toward the latter for that specific post. That post absolutely does contain a solo sub-image, but that sub-image is seemingly related to others in the same post that aren't solo. I probably would have left that post with duo only, but I don't have enough conviction to say that's how it should be done.

I'm sure there are, but they're hard to think of unless I'm confronted with such a tricky situation. I mentioned search relevance already. Similarly, some tags just seem increasingly inappropriate when one qualifying sub-image or element is in the presence of others that don't qualify. front_view, rear_view, and side_view are good examples, but I may still tag a section of a post for one of those views, even when every character in the group isn't shown from that view, if it's still a "deliberate *_view situation". I tagged post #684770 both side_view and front_view because both are in good representation in the same scene.

Still, character count should be the thorniest issue.

Half of these questions could go in forum #191799, but just keep them together. Also, better to ask than grope blindly.

This is a thread. Threads are discussions with a title and a starting post (an original post or OP). A lot of people here incorrectly call threads "forum", which is the place where all the threads are located, a directory like a folder.

Thank you, that cleared up most of what I was asking. There was one thing I wanted to double-check on... but that's because I didn't give a proper example of the "multiple characters in their own, mutually exclusive situations" thing. My bad...

So... if I gave a more proper example of what I was talking about, would it then be sketch_page? Even if, say, it was on a much smaller scale? (e.g.: ~4 to 5 things on the page rather than 20+)

Apologies for the bad example earlier-- it was the closest thing I could find on short notice. Should've taken more time to find one that was proper.

Is there a tag for when characters have oddly/vibrantly colored naughty-bits? Or maybe just a vibrant/unusual trim color in general juxtaposed on a more normal/downplayed body?

I know there's bioluminescence, and specific color tags for some body parts, but I mean... a more generalized tag. Something like "trim_contrast", "vibrant_trim", "colorful_trim", etc.

Examples:
post #897540
post #1474643
post #1378123

SarahColley said:
Is there a tag for when characters have oddly/vibrantly colored naughty-bits? Or maybe just a vibrant/unusual trim color in general juxtaposed on a more normal/downplayed body?

I know there's bioluminescence, and specific color tags for some body parts, but I mean... a more generalized tag. Something like "trim_contrast", "vibrant_trim", "colorful_trim", etc.

Examples:
post #897540
post #1474643
post #1378123

There's unusual_coloring but that's not used much.

Are there tags for "grower" or "shower" respectivley?

Wdvefbthm said:
Are there tags for "grower" or "shower" respectivley?

No. I guess there could be, but their use might be pretty limited. Is small_penis flaccid / big_penis flaccid good enough?

Maxpizzle said:
No. I guess there could be, but their use might be pretty limited. Is small_penis flaccid / big_penis flaccid good enough?

The problem with that (and with many instances of using multiple tags to find a specific character attribute) is it isn't very useful for images that feature multiple characters. It's decent for searching solo images, but it's somewhat limiting. Though it is important to maintain a balance between useful ambiguity and pedantic specificity.

Maybe a tag for something like "whoa, that penis got unexpectedly large" unexpected_penis_growth or something.

Aside of the fact that most pictures are not sequences and thus, you can't see the before/after.... I wonder if this would get significant use. it seems like most penises focused on in that respect would be already big penises that become bigger... veruses the concept of a small penis that gets bigger...

I think a tag for the concept of "wow! It's so much bigger now!" is a pretty neat one. Kinda the opposite of the.. uh.. "small penis harassment/belittling" tag we have.

I don't think ther's much point in a tag for a penis that stays the sameish size. Cuz...

There are 3 choices here:

• Penis gets bigger
  • Penis stays same size
  • Penis gets smaller (wut? lol)

(and 'ambiguous' but yeah)

And those three(ish) should cover every single 'flacid penis before/after' picture sequence. ... and thus, a ridiculously large number of posts ... I think it's better to identify the exceptiosn rather than the 'rule' so to speak.

I dunno!

Is there a tag for sources that no longer work? If not, would defunct_source work for such a tag?

Pipeline said:
Is there a tag for sources that no longer work? If not, would defunct_source work for such a tag?

Looks like broken source was used a couple of times. I think there was something else, but I can't find it.

Heya guys, ╹‿╹)
Mind if I ask if we have a tag for finding flash games?

On a mini-crusade at the moment to find Gay (as in Dood/dood stuff T‿T)
flash games and the only way I know of finding any animation, game, gif and so on
on this site is to slap the word "Animation" in the search bar alongside whatever
else I'm in the mood for looking up.

So if a kind peep who knows there stuff about how to find the things
you want on this site with outstanding precision could tell me how
I could find game specifically, filtering out the rest-

I'd very much appreciate it ◠‿╹)~★

Notkastar said:
Heya guys, ╹‿╹)
Mind if I ask if we have a tag for finding flash games?

On a mini-crusade at the moment to find Gay (as in Dood/dood stuff T‿T)
flash games and the only way I know of finding any animation, game, gif and so on
on this site is to slap the word "Animation" in the search bar alongside whatever
else I'm in the mood for looking up.

So if a kind peep who knows there stuff about how to find the things
you want on this site with outstanding precision could tell me how
I could find game specifically, filtering out the rest-

I'd very much appreciate it ◠‿╹)~★

flash_game