Coffey25 said:
you retain the levels you had during the first three stories. I hope you collected all the stickers in the game for each character, since there's apparently a fifth story you unlock by collecting all the stickers in the game for each characters...

Just make sure you don't overwrite your original saves.

Dynamite Headdy [Genesis] Longplay

This is the jpn version with English translation. I'm liking the boss dialog. Wish it would have stayed in the official US version.

Edit:

Etrian Odyssey V (US vers) Get! :3

treos
Blocked
1 month ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

furballs_dc said:
Dynamite Headdy [Genesis] Longplay

This is the jpn version with English translation. I'm liking the boss dialog. Wish it would have stayed in the official US version.

maybe suggest it in that one idea thread over at rh.net? actually... suggestion posted. no telling when or if it'll though.

i wish i could play more games like Demon's Crest for SNES. just a random thought. :/

edit: oh and something worth noting about DSII:SoTFS. you might want to grind the heide knights until they all stop spawning in the heide tower of flame region cause once you kill the dragonrider boss they get angry, wake up, and start wandering around making the region even harder.

i wonder what other regions change in similar ways in this version of the game.

treos
Blocked
29 days ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Ex-Visceral Dev says Star Wars game was canceled

sorry, star wars fans but this isn't the game you're looking for. nope, it's just more micro-transaction shit.

A Follow Up on NeoGaf's Downfall After Sexual Assault Allegations

never visited neogaf much but still, goodbye.

treos said:

A Follow Up on NeoGaf's Downfall After Sexual Assault Allegations":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7htItegBy0

I visited there a few times. Oh well.

News Wave! - Super Mario Odyssey Leaks Are Everywhere... (But Not In Here!)

Edit:

Puggsy Prototype 0.3 - With Added Fireworks!

Edit 2:

Why We Hallucinate While Falling Asleep

Happens after gaming for me too at times. :3

treos
Blocked
28 days ago

Turning Players Into Payers (The Jimquisition)

yep, i'm happy i pirate video games.

cause the companies and devs who use systems like this don't give a fuck about consumers or making quality, FUN TO PLAY, products. so why the hell should i give a fuck about them making money?

sorry, but there really are more important things in the world than maximizing ones profits (and yes, i suppose that does apply partly to the rule change fiasco happening here) but who cares about that when you can say "fuck you, customers/fans/etc." and make more money?

yeah... well, that's how the world works. money first, all other things 2nd or however far down the line you choose to put them.

edit: oh sure, microtransactions are optional... but not for much longer it seems. those arguments in defense of that shit are dying quickly with this and activisions matchmaking system.

treos said:

cause the companies and devs who use systems like this don't give a fuck about consumers or making quality, FUN TO PLAY, products. so why the hell should i give a fuck about them making money?

sorry, but there really are more important things in the world than maximizing ones profits (and yes, i suppose that does apply partly to the rule change fiasco happening here) but who cares about that when you can say "fuck you, customers/fans/etc." and make more money?

yeah... well, that's how the world works. money first, all other things 2nd or however far down the line you choose to put them.

edit: oh sure, microtransactions are optional... but not for much longer it seems. those arguments in defense of that shit are dying quickly with this and activisions matchmaking system.

man, so glad I like single player games more than multiplayer games, since I can easily avoid stuff like this unless it was a Deus Ex Mankind Divided or NBA series issue where microtransactions are haphazardly tossed into a singleplayer game for no reason other than "fuck you, single player players, give us money".

treos said:
Ex-Visceral Dev says Star Wars game was canceled

sorry, star wars fans but this isn't the game you're looking for. nope, it's just more micro-transaction shit.

A Follow Up on NeoGaf's Downfall After Sexual Assault Allegations

shame Star Wars games seemingly got worse and worse after Battlefront 2 came out, and now Star Wars games will never be good again until EA lets go of the license, which is unlikely as Battlefront 2(017) looks like it'll be a majorly successful game since it looks much better than Battlefront 2015 in terms of content.

treos said:

Indie developers who price their game lower and doesn't include any additional costs like microtransactions or even DLC will thank you for not supporting them.

If you were only talking about games with absurd amount of additional monetization, why give companies excuses to be even worse by pirating their games? Instead just don't aknowledge those games at all. You do still hold value to the company who made the game if you are showing interest towards their product, even if you aren't paying for it. In addition like I touched in first sentence, there's so much other games which do want your attention and can give you as good or even better time than the game which has broken gameplay curve to make you either grind or pay.

I actually still have my list of unused PC game keys if someone is interested, which includes tons of bit older, but amazing games. Just drop me message in any way and I can give it for anyone reading this for free. All of them has been paid in full by me personally, so developers have already gotten the money they deserve. Reason why I won't just dumb keys in there is to avoid bots stealing them.

treos said:

Then don't play their games?

BlueDingo
Privileged
28 days ago
2016 5_fingers anthro black_fur black_hair black_nose black_topwear bust_portrait clothed clothing cute detailed digital_media_(artwork) dress_shirt elegant fangs flower front_view fur grey_eyes grey_topwear hair holding_flower holding_object inner_ear_fluff jacket jamesfoxbr male mammal necktie pattern_clothing plant portrait rose shirt short_hair simple_background smile solo star_eyes striped_clothing striped_shirt suit waistcoat white_fur

Score: 2
User: jamesfoxbr
Date: October 29, 2016

treos said:

I feel this is appropriate.

This one's for shits and giggles.

But seriously, refusing to support any game dev because a few of them have scummy business practices is pretty low. Support the good ones, shun the bad ones.

treos
Blocked
28 days ago

did you guys miss or ignore this part?

"cause the companies and devs who use systems like this don't give a fuck about consumers or making quality, FUN TO PLAY, products. so why the hell should i give a fuck about them making money?"

i generalized that on purpose because among the indie dev side of things you also have things like asset flippers and all the other shit jim sterling usually covers when it comes to steam.

if they're not making use of this kind of exploitative system or any other shitty practices then i have no problem with them doing what they want of making as much money as they can.

Coffey25 said:
man, so glad I like single player games more than multiplayer games, since I can easily avoid stuff like this unless it was a Deus Ex Mankind Divided or NBA series issue where microtransactions are haphazardly tossed into a singleplayer game for no reason other than "fuck you, single player players, give us money".

um...and dead space, mortal kombat (forgot which but it was the one where you could pay to make fatalities and whatnot easier to perform), that middle earth: shadow of war that's been causing a lot of drama lately.

sadly, single player games are slowly becoming just as much a victim of these business practices as multiplayer games have been. slowly but surely...

Mario69 said:
If you were only talking about games with absurd amount of additional monetization, why give companies excuses to be even worse by pirating their games? Instead just don't aknowledge those games at all. You do still hold value to the company who made the game if you are showing interest towards their product, even if you aren't paying for it. In addition like I touched in first sentence, there's so much other games which do want your attention and can give you as good or even better time than the game which has broken gameplay curve to make you either grind or pay.

that's what i usually do. avoid the bad and just play the good.

I actually still have my list of unused PC game keys if someone is interested, which includes tons of bit older, but amazing games. Just drop me message in any way and I can give it for anyone reading this for free. All of them has been paid in full by me personally, so developers have already gotten the money they deserve. Reason why I won't just dumb keys in there is to avoid bots stealing them.

nice list but what was that Wildstar game? i don't remember that one.

@Bluedingo: you know what? i'm just going to start ignoring your anti-piracy fussing outright from now on. at best, all it does is leave you feeling better because you have some "moral high ground" which is pretty meaningless in the end since it amounts to and stops nothing.

especially since i've LONG since learned that pretty much nothing short of everyone in the world ceasing to create anything will ever come even remotely close to stopping piracy outright. and we all know that's never going to happen.

though i am still curious of one thing when it comes to piracy. how does GoG's lack of any and all DRM on the games they sell affect their profits in the long run? assuming there's any stats out there that show this. cause their site has been up and running for years now and i've never heard of them complaining about piracy hurting their profits. it might a little but i doubt it's all that bad.

treos said:
nice list but what was that Wildstar game? i don't remember that one.

Apparently expired key, rip

treos
Blocked
28 days ago

Mario69 said:
Apparently expired key, rip

oops, oh well.

Ex Bioware Dev Calls Out EA's Greed

BlueDingo
Privileged
28 days ago
2016 5_fingers anthro black_fur black_hair black_nose black_topwear bust_portrait clothed clothing cute detailed digital_media_(artwork) dress_shirt elegant fangs flower front_view fur grey_eyes grey_topwear hair holding_flower holding_object inner_ear_fluff jacket jamesfoxbr male mammal necktie pattern_clothing plant portrait rose shirt short_hair simple_background smile solo star_eyes striped_clothing striped_shirt suit waistcoat white_fur

treos said:
especially since i've LONG since learned that pretty much nothing short of everyone in the world ceasing to create anything will ever come even remotely close to stopping piracy outright. and we all know that's never going to happen.

You know what else we'll never come even remotely close to stopping? Every other crime. Does that mean we should get rid of law enforcement in its entirety or just let crime in general go unopposed because it can't be completely stopped?

treos said:
if they're not making use of this kind of exploitative system or any other shitty practices then i have no problem with them doing what they want of making as much money as they can.

But do you buy their games? Or do you pirate them anyway under a different justification?

Sonic Mania PC - Hitting Every Box In GHZ at once(crashes Paper Mario).

Someone beat me to it. :V

Sonic Mania PC - Jimmy's Big Adventure!

Context:

"Jimmy was a Sonic 1 modder who replaced the player's Sonic sprite with a Motobug. He unfortunately died in a car crash. The Mania team named the Heavy Rider's Motobug "Jimmy" in his memory. Both the Motobug in the Sonic 1 mod and in Mania even have the same jump animation."

treos
Blocked
28 days ago

BlueDingo said:
But do you buy their games? Or do you pirate them anyway under a different justification?

when i have the freaking money available to do so and there's one or more that i want, YES! i have said this multiple times in the past.

BlueDingo
Privileged
28 days ago

treos said:

And I thought this was too manipulative. Using analytical data to make a business more efficient and profitable is one thing (and a very common practice in retail), but the way this Scientific Revenue thing targets individual users seems very predatory to me. Granted, this will have no effect on me because I never spend real money in games and I tell any game that tries too hard to make me spend real money to go fuck itself, but still.

treos
Blocked
28 days ago

BlueDingo said:
And I thought this was too manipulative. Using analytical data to make a business more efficient and profitable is one thing (and a very common practice in retail), but the way this Scientific Revenue thing targets individual users seems very predatory to me. Granted, this will have no effect on me because I never spend real money in games and I tell any game that tries too hard to make me spend real money to go fuck itself, but still.

here's a scary thought: activision's matchmaking system working alongside this one.

all of the worst aspects of loot boxes and microtransactions combined to create a truly vile and monstrous greed machine that just sucks up game players and spits them out when their wallets have been emptied. likely much faster and more efficiently than the 2 systems already do separately.

and like always, it's probably only a matter of time before this happens since corporate greed only ever worsens.

edit: found another video about this scientific revenue thing if anyone's interested in seeing it

News Wave! - Nintendo Switch Joycon Gets A D-Pad and The Original Xbox Goes 4K!

Sonic Mania PC - Silver Sonic VS Metal Sonic

Edit:

Sonic 3D - Unused Knuckles Music! Seems like it was placeholder from Sonic 3

Bit different.

More Unused Sonic 3D Music - Game Complete Tune, possibly placeholder from Sonic 3

Edit 2:

EA Does Not Care What Gamers Want According To Ex-Employee...Shocking!

Edit 3:

Minecraft's Enderman Are NOT What We Thought! | The SCIENCE!... of Minecraft

They run fast. =O.O=

Edit 4:

Animal Crossing Mobile Direct Oct.24.2017

Oh neat, a campsite builder.

"Nope, Horse Mackerel."

"Oh come on!"

Legit AC fishing experience.

Oh, it leaked. Interesting.

News Wave! - Gamecube Controllers Work On The Switch And Animal Crossing Goes Mobile

Edit 5:

How Oldschool ROM Cartridge Games Worked

Neat with additional hardware in the carts.

How light pens and light guns work NES Zapper

2nd player can control the duck hunt ducks?!

Options, Editors and Crabs! - Sonic 3D Director's Cut Part 3

Edit 6:

News Wave! - Mario Odyssey Pre-Load Goes Live And Microsoft Officially Discontinues The Kinect

Edit 7: Super Sonico 3 & Knuckles

"The basics of BASIC, the programming language of the 1980s.

CGA Graphics - Not as bad as you thought!

Commander Keen series. <3

Edit 88:

News Wave! - Mario Odyssey Lights Up The Ratings Boards And Microsoft Bets Heavy On The Xbox One X!

Edit 89:

Sonic 3D's Impossibly Compressed Logo FMV - How's it done?

Edit 90:

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp - Mobile Gameplay Walkthrough PART 1 - New Campsite & Character Creation

Edit 901:

Gamestop's Desperate Rental Move Won't Pay Off

How the Krack Hack Breaks Wi-Fi Security

Edit 86:

Seisou no Amazones and Super Mario Odyssey get!

furballs_dc said:

▼ Click to collapse

News Wave! - Nintendo Switch Joycon Gets A D-Pad and The Original Xbox Goes 4K!

Sonic Mania PC - Silver Sonic VS Metal Sonic

Edit:

Sonic 3D - Unused Knuckles Music! Seems like it was placeholder from Sonic 3

Bit different.

More Unused Sonic 3D Music - Game Complete Tune, possibly placeholder from Sonic 3

Edit 2:

EA Does Not Care What Gamers Want According To Ex-Employee...Shocking!

Edit 3:

Minecraft's Enderman Are NOT What We Thought! | The SCIENCE!... of Minecraft

They run fast. =O.O=

Edit 4:

Animal Crossing Mobile Direct Oct.24.2017

Oh neat, a campsite builder.

"Nope, Horse Mackerel."

"Oh come on!"

Legit AC fishing experience.

Oh, it leaked. Interesting.

News Wave! - Gamecube Controllers Work On The Switch And Animal Crossing Goes Mobile

Edit 5:

How Oldschool ROM Cartridge Games Worked

Neat with additional hardware in the carts.

How light pens and light guns work NES Zapper

2nd player can control the duck hunt ducks?!

Options, Editors and Crabs! - Sonic 3D Director's Cut Part 3

Edit 6:

News Wave! - Mario Odyssey Pre-Load Goes Live And Microsoft Officially Discontinues The Kinect

Edit 7: Super Sonico 3 & Knuckles

"The basics of BASIC, the programming language of the 1980s.

CGA Graphics - Not as bad as you thought!

Commander Keen series. <3

Edit 88:

News Wave! - Mario Odyssey Lights Up The Ratings Boards And Microsoft Bets Heavy On The Xbox One X!

Edit 89:

Sonic 3D's Impossibly Compressed Logo FMV - How's it done?

Edit 90:

Animal Crossing Pocket Camp - Mobile Gameplay Walkthrough PART 1 - New Campsite & Character Creation

Edit 901:

Gamestop's Desperate Rental Move Won't Pay Off

How the Krack Hack Breaks Wi-Fi Security

Edit 86:

Seisou no Amazones and Super Mario Odyssey get!

is Seisou no Amazones a dungeon crawling JRPG, or is it something else?

Coffey25 said:
is Seisou no Amazones a dungeon crawling JRPG, or is it something else?

Dungeon crawling JRPG. Girls escape from a prison planet. :3

Munkelzahn
Privileged
23 days ago

furballs_dc said:
Dungeon crawling JRPG. Girls escape from a prison planet. :3

an all-female prison planet?
probably not, because then they wouldn't even want to escape

So Bubsy is Back.
Would that mean Gex and Aero the Acrobat have a chance?

I think Gex would be hard because he's kinda... too 90's.
With the corny and outdated references movie puns.
So I can see his personality gonna change to be more modern
or he'll be a satire of himself, or both.

Oh and about Bubsy I heard it's better then his others games...
but it short as a early 90's platformer game, you can beat it in 40 minutes.

stalkerd said:
So Bubsy is Back.
Would that mean Gex and Aero the Acrobat have a chance?

I think Gex would be hard because he's kinda... too 90's.
With the corny and outdated references movie puns.
So I can see his personality gonna change to be more modern
or he'll be a satire of himself, or both.

Oh and about Bubsy I heard it's better then his others games...
but it short as a early 90's platformer game, you can beat it in 40 minutes.

eh, I am not sure how I would feel about a Gex reboot, considering how a lot of films in a few genres feel familiar somehow, like a lot of horror films or action films. Gex would probably also reference memes that were a thing in 2011-2012, but are considered cringy or out of date nowadays. I think the problem with this Bubsy game is that they were trying to make a 90's platformer with current day's difficulty, which makes the game super short and pretty easy. That, and the difficulty was the main reasoning for the original two Bubsy games being considered much more acceptable back then, I think.

Coffey25 said:
eh, I am not sure how I would feel about a Gex reboot, considering how a lot of films in a few genres feel familiar somehow, like a lot of horror films or action films. Gex would probably also reference memes that were a thing in 2011-2012, but are considered cringy or out of date nowadays. I think the problem with this Bubsy game is that they were trying to make a 90's platformer with current day's difficulty, which makes the game super short and pretty easy. That, and the difficulty was the main reasoning for the original two Bubsy games being considered much more acceptable back then, I think.

Yeah Gex would be hard to bring back, game-play and his personality.
I can only picture him being a satire of himself
or be like South Park making fun of everything.

If I rewrote him
I would maybe make fun of theory games,
saying his isn't one
"if you see something in strange and mysterious...
don't think so much of it kid.."

And making fun of the past
"Awww the good ol'days... gheez I was paid to say alot of crap..."

But also point out the good things
and make him into character that talks when he needs to, like cutscenes only.

Yeah I heard the new Bubsy was hard
but it had so much check points it's makes it easy
and theres isn't any re-playable features,
even tho a good game post to be re-playable by itself...
The New Busby seems like it isn't.