treos
Blocked
1 month ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

furballs_dc said:
Activision Filed A Patent So You Can Help Them Sell Microtransactions!

i'm beginning to wish you'd check before posting cause it's getting increasingly often that we post the same things and sometimes you post it after me.

treos said:
i'm beginning to wish you'd check before posting cause it's getting increasingly often that we post the same things and sometimes you post it after me.

There are other stuff in News Wave as well.

furballs_dc said:
Nintendo Switch Version 4.0 Update Tour! (Video Recording, New Profile Icons, & More!)

"And that is an amazingly boring video... so PERFECT for posting to Twitter!"

:V

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/oss/data/NintendoSwitch_OpenSources4.0.0.zip

were those Intel filenames I saw in the SwitchOS 4.0.0 files?
It's really nice that we finally have recording on the Switch. Those new icons and preloading is also very nice.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

furballs_dc said:
There are other stuff in News Wave as well.

i was actually talking about when it comes to news. we seem to keep posting a lot of the same things from different sources. though...i suppose that's not a bad thing...just annoying to see sometimes.

anywho...on to something interesting: "Mickey Mania's "Impossible 3D Chase - How Was It Done?

iirc some of the best graphics i remember seeing on the genesis was that CG ship model that would be spinning in place at the end of subterrania. real shiny, high quality render, that one.

Coffey25 said:
were those Intel filenames I saw in the SwitchOS 4.0.0 files?
It's really nice that we finally have recording on the Switch. Those new icons and preloading is also very nice.

Various source code stuff, namely for webkit.

furballs_dc said:
Various source code stuff, namely for webkit.

huh, I should've expected that, since AMD brand PC parts aren't quite as popular as Intel parts are in Japan compared to the rest of the world. I wonder if they keep improvements to the webkit in the Switch when the only current use for it is the occasional wifi that requires accepting some sort of generic EULA agreement that's present in just about any public location, like a restaurant.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

Activision patents Microtransaction Manipulation System

much like that visceral games video, it looks like sid's got more info to share once he sorts it all out later.

and in other news... huzzah! 4th time's the charm for DS2: Scholar of the first sin. i think it must've been a case of the lens for whatever the ps4 uses to read discs being dirty earlier this year when i first tried to get this game working.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

This Console May Make The SNES Classic Irrelevant...

-_- i still have a PC. clone consoles and those glorified emulator consoles are irrelevant upon release.

also, $5K for a gold clone console? more money than brains, whoever buys that hunk of junk.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

Is STAR TREK DISCOVERY guilty of plagiarizing the Tardigrade?

well, that's not good, is it?

edit: How the UK is Fighting Back Against Loot Boxes

oo this could be good news...maybe. especially since, at its core, the loot box system is an exploitative gambling system.

Anybody else getting too impatient for Jungle Inferno to hit tonight? 'Cuz the wait is KILLING ME!

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

went looking for more interesting demos like those titan overdrive ones i lined before and found this.

[SNES] Chiptune Rocker (direct feed)

have any of you ever seen a rhythm based combat system for SNES? no? well you have now!

o_O pretty interesting to see what these demoscene people can make using old video game consoles.

psx: Playstation Demoscene: Haujobb - Strange Worlds

this demo looks pretty interesting but the psx had shitty graphics. there's just no getting around it. heavily pixelated polygons, texture popping... psx was ugly. but...it did have some decent games in its library and the FMV cutscenes in a good number of the games looked great. (the king's field games are particularly impressive on that point imo. especially since those were among the very first games for the console.)

ps2: 4 Edges by The Black Lotus [PS2 Demo]

eh, it's...different, i'll give it that much. comparing this to the psx demo though... sony made some pretty massive improvements on the 3d model rendering among other things cause this is vastly superior to the psx.

that demoscene stuff is rather interesting. they manage to do some amazing stuff with those old consoles and stuff.

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

treos said:
[SNES] Chiptune Rocker (direct feed)

have any of you ever seen a rhythm based combat system for SNES? no? well you have now!

o_O pretty interesting to see what these demoscene people can make using old video game consoles.

Not the most solid game, but music rhythm with combat mechanics could work well if done right.

treos said:

this demo looks pretty interesting but the psx had shitty graphics. there's just no getting around it. heavily pixelated polygons, texture popping... psx was ugly. but...it did have some decent games in its library and the FMV cutscenes in a good number of the games looked great. (the king's field games are particularly impressive on that point imo. especially since those were among the very first games for the console.)

Wanna make pretty much any emulated PS1 game look better than the original? Increase the resolution to your monitor's maximum and enable bilinear textures.

I hate how sometimes a soundtrack is almost hard to track down except for a few tracks. The only track I can consistently find for the first Trails of Cold Steel game is the battle tracks, granted they are some pretty good JRPG battle tracks. I am kind of wondering just how long the sequel is, considering how I'm tracking nearly 30 hours and I'm only in chapter four of seven...

treos said:

speaking of PSX graphics, there's a snowmobile racing game that was released around 2000 called Polaris SnoCross, that seems to be sort of an ad for Polaris snowmobile's, I think, and the PSX version compared to the PC version is like comparing two completely different games...

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

Coffey25 said:
I hate how sometimes a soundtrack is almost hard to track down except for a few tracks. The only track I can consistently find for the first Trails of Cold Steel game is the battle tracks, granted they are some pretty good JRPG battle tracks. I am kind of wondering just how long the sequel is, considering how I'm tracking nearly 30 hours and I'm only in chapter four of seven...

you want the soundtrack?

or a game rip?

speaking of PSX graphics, there's a snowmobile racing game that was released around 2000 called Polaris SnoCross, that seems to be sort of an ad for Polaris snowmobile's, I think, and the PSX version compared to the PC version is like comparing two completely different games...

wow, and that's actually a pc port of the PSX game? yeah, definitely want to skip the PSX version in terms of graphics with that game.

BlueDingo
Privileged
1 month ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

treos said:
wow, and that's actually a pc port of the PSX game? yeah, definitely want to skip the PSX version in terms of graphics with that game.

There's also an N64 version. Graphically, it's the PC version with a low resolution.

treos said:
you want the soundtrack?

or a game rip?

that game rip has a lot of tracks that aren't titled at all, probably being due to the fact that whoever made those videos probably recorded the soundtrack through visiting every scene with only the BGM turned on, but that soundtrack playlist actually has every single song, as well as being titled. Thanks for this find, the game is sort of niche since it's made by a studio that isn't that well known...

furballs_dc said:
News Wave Extra! - Doom Switch Has Motion Controls? Well...Sort Of...

I wonder how well motion controls will work in DOOM, since we haven't seen an FPS yet that explicitly used Wii Motion Plus for the Wii, and the right Joycon (does the left joycon have motion control? I know it has gyro because of Mario Kart 8, and possibly BotW if the Switch itself doesn't have a gyro sensor) is supposed to be even better than Wii Motion Plus.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

Coffey25 said:
that game rip has a lot of tracks that aren't titled at all, probably being due to the fact that whoever made those videos probably recorded the soundtrack through visiting every scene with only the BGM turned on, but that soundtrack playlist actually has every single song, as well as being titled. Thanks for this find, the game is sort of niche since it's made by a studio that isn't that well known...

np, i just did a search for the games soundtrack and those were at the top of the results. :)

and now for some fun. lol >:)

BLIGHT TOWN FURY! Dark Souls Hard Mod Rage! (#8)

BLIGHTTOWN FIGHTS BACK! Dark Souls Hard Mod Rage! (#9)

The mighty Throthgar vs Blight Town in the hard mode mod and boy does that region HATE! the endlessly spawning bugoids and slobs are all ganging up on poor throthgar as a big army of death.

actually, i think that might've been the first time i ever heard him say "holy shit!" in a soulsborne game. lol quite the bad situation for him to say that. and i'm curious as to how he'll handle the man eating chests on top of everything else if that mod affects mimics too.

and i can't remember if this ps4 version of DSII: SoTFS that i'm playing through included the DLC or not. i think it does but i'm not sure and after 4-8+ hours of grinding, i'm...still grinding. trying to take it easy and not rush in this one cause the enemy placements are all different from the original version.

like a friggin ogre (hippo man) in the beginning of the forest of fallen giants (fat bastard takes a beating and keeps on coming) or having those heide knights scattered across the Heide's Tower of Flame region...and a guard dragon which i did manage to kill on the first try...after my bow broke shooting it. :/ this is tougher yet easier than the original version depending on the location your exploring.

and one of those heide knights had a poker and kept trying to poke me to death! >:(

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

Super Sonic Blasts into Sonic 3D - Director's Cut Part 2

SONIC 3D cleaned up INTRO - various versions to rate!

the first version shown at 20 FPS looks fine to me but something feels...wrong about those shown around the 1:50 mark.

i'm not sure what exactly but it feels off in some way. almost like it has a case of uncanny valley happening or something. :/ or maybe i'm just imagining things. what do you guys think?

https://tcrf.net/Duke_Nukem_3D_(Genesis)

Wait, what?

https://tcrf.net/Dynamite_Headdy_(Genesis)

Another fav. :3

Oh, I too thought Maruyama/Trouble Bruin was a cat, not a bear.

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

furballs_dc said:
https://tcrf.net/Dynamite_Headdy_(Genesis)

Another fav. :3

Oh, I too thoughtMaruyama/Trouble Bruin was a cat, not a bear.

great game but unfortunately the only way us english speaking/reading gamers can see the storyline is via a translation patch for the japanese ROM. and that means those people who like to go on and on about the legality of ROMs and emulation will simply have to suck it up and deal with it if they want the games story while playing it. that or learn japanese.

BBS: almost finished with Terra's route... just got neverland and the last few events to do then it's just aqua and finally the main event.

i have a question regarding these save files though. if the game starts fresh for each characters route with nothing carried over from the other 2 characters "complete" files... does the 4th main file carry over anything from the first 3 files or am i going to have to retrain everyone from lvl 1 all over again?

that part of this type of setup is always annoying to sort out. cause with some games (like treasure of the rudra for snes) you only have to use a single save file and a lot of things such as your inventory gets shared amongst all characters. this is different though with it requiring no less than 4 separate save files to finish the game and the first 3 of those not sharing anything.

geez...you SUCK, terra! starting at the deep space world and now never never land, the damage he deals plummeted and the damage he takes really ramped up.

do i need to go to the arena and over lvl him like i did...no, MORE than i did with ventus? cause i finished ventus' route at lvl 33 and terra is lvl 19 currently and peter pan just ripped through over half my hp in a single short combo. i thought the combat lvl was 9 here which wouldn't be that tough. boy, was i ever wrong about that.

edit: bah, whatever... here is YongYea with more info on the EA and visceral games situation.

Is EA Gutting Visceral's Star Wars to Make a Destiny Clone?

treos
Blocked
1 month ago

what the fuck?!! i thought i killed all of the zed soldiers in that room earlier. been sitting idle in DSII for over an hour (youtube is to blame, of course) and just as i turn to go back to playing and one last soldier sneaks up and attacks out of nowhere!

hmmm...Sellsword Luet... dual havel, no! full havel set with 2 havel shields! O_O this white phantom is a shield basher and his eyes are burning with flames of RAGE! lol sweet...

wow, the last giant boss could barely even hurt him and he even used a cheer emote after the victory. that must've been a SoTFS phantom. glad i didn't have to fight that guy.

furballs_dc said:
CUPHEAD + Mugman - 2 Player Co-Op! - Gameplay Walkthrough ENDING 'Dealing with the Devil' Final Boss

:V

Edit:

https://tcrf.net/Landstalker

I wonder why the bath scene was removed from US version. :P

Japan is much more liberal when it comes to scenes about more sexual risque stuff, while America was dealing with the controversy of Mortal Kombat just a month prior to the release of Landstalker released. This is just my guess though, since there's usually some simpler reason as to why stuff was censored in American audiences, though...

treos said:
i have a question regarding these save files though. if the game starts fresh for each characters route with nothing carried over from the other 2 characters "complete" files... does the 4th main file carry over anything from the first 3 files or am i going to have to retrain everyone from lvl 1 all over again?

you retain the levels you had during the first three stories. I hope you collected all the stickers in the game for each character, since there's apparently a fifth story you unlock by collecting all the stickers in the game for each characters...