Coffey25 said:
assuming that you mean how big the planet would be if it was a minecraft-esque cube would be, you just need to multiply 921.6 quadrillion meters (I believe a single MC block is about a meter long, if the height of the player is taken into account, but I could be wrong) by 6 then you would have your answer.

uh...ok

If you were talking about file size though, that size would be about 97.5 Petabytes in data, which is about 965000 terabytes.

lol wow, ok...i don't think our tech is advanced enough to handle something that massive yet. the things we could do with that much data storage capacity...

3DS Conception II demo shader.map

From romfs/fx/3ds/

Wow. Something which isn't compressed in some unknown format. Woo.

Shadow Of War's True Ending Allegedly Locked Behind Grind Or Loot Boxes

well, this games situation just keeps getting worse and worse, doesn't it? i wonder how much of an indication this is on how much worse micro-transactions and loot boxes are going to get worse as time goes on.

games like this are already basically pay-2-play with how big a focus there is on making players throw irl $ at them.

edit: PUBG Moderators abandon Steam Forums

Developers sneak back onto Steam after getting kicked for review botting

edit2: Ignorant Snowflakes Are Offended By Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

well...that's not surprising in the slightest.

edit3: OPNOOBS site guilty of Review Manipulation and betray their writers

The Sixty Dollar Myth (The Jimquisition)

edit: iPhone 8s Are Expanding And Destroying Themselves

not exactly gaming related news but since phones are a platform for video games since the rise of shitty mobile games it counts...kinda.

edit2: huh, well that's an unusual way to start off the DLC. you go to the starting point of the original post-game content (warriors of the sky) and jump off the cliff behind you to the southeast and go off the map to reach the new area.

whole new maps, new monster types *shoos away a few giant moths* this is worth the money. :)

*movements suddenly get inverted* what?! NO! not THAT! they added that confusion effect that inverts your movements with the first DLC! noooo! i hate that effect.

treos said:
The Sixty Dollar Myth (The Jimquisition)

edit: iPhone 8s Are Expanding And Destroying Themselves

not exactly gaming related news but since phones are a platform for video games since the rise of shitty mobile games it counts...kinda.

edit2: huh, well that's an unusual way to start off the DLC. you go to the starting point of the original post-game content (warriors of the sky) and jump off the cliff behind you to the southeast and go off the map to reach the new area.

whole new maps, new monster types *shoos away a few giant moths* this is worth the money. :)

*movements suddenly get inverted* what?! NO! not THAT! they added that confusion effect that inverts your movements with the first DLC! noooo! i hate that effect.

that reminds me of the Morrowind expansion packs, where the game added a special chat option with most NPC's that brought up how to go to the land of Solstheim, which was normal, and then there was the Tribunal expansion, that added another new land called Mournhold and the only way you figured out that this place existed is when some assassins randomly pop up and try to kill you after you try to sleep. Their spawn rates were kind of common once you reached level 5, and they commonly used poison enchanted glass daggers as well unfortunately...

Coffey25 said:
Their spawn rates were kind of common once you reached level 5, and they commonly used poison enchanted glass daggers as well unfortunately...

Go to Ald'ruhn Mages Guild. Go to the first bedroom on the right in the main hall, where you can see the teleport pad down the hall. Close the door. Sleep. Stand in front of the door to block it from opening, or lock it. Hit assassin with fireball repeatedly through the door. Collect loot. Sell in bazaar outside or Fighter's Guild. Get rich quick.

Bug Report For Nintendo’s Duck Hunt

"Bug Report For Nintendo’s Duck Hunt

ISSUE #0056
TYPE: Game logic problem
SEVERITY: 4.5

Shooting at dog during laughing animation cycle will cause dog’s head to explode and for dog to then die. Inexplicable copy of dog then leaps up from grass and proudly holds up original headless dog above its head as in standard “Good Shot” routine. Copy can be then shot as well, and second inexplicable copy will hold up both first copy and original stacked above his head. Second copy can then be shot, third copy appears and holds up other three corpses, and this cycle can be continued almost indefinitely (after half an hour of continual shooting of dogs, Famicom RAM will run out of memory and console will crash)."

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.

playing Pokken online makes me see just how trash I am when it comes to facing people online. Facing people locally, that's a different story, since I actually have a decent shot at going against someone who's more my skill level.

furballs_dc said:
Bug Report For Nintendo’s Duck Hunt

"Bug Report For Nintendo’s Duck Hunt

ISSUE #0056
TYPE: Game logic problem
SEVERITY: 4.5

Shooting at dog during laughing animation cycle will cause dog’s head to explode and for dog to then die. Inexplicable copy of dog then leaps up from grass and proudly holds up original headless dog above its head as in standard “Good Shot” routine. Copy can be then shot as well, and second inexplicable copy will hold up both first copy and original stacked above his head. Second copy can then be shot, third copy appears and holds up other three corpses, and this cycle can be continued almost indefinitely (after half an hour of continual shooting of dogs, Famicom RAM will run out of memory and console will crash)."

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature.

so you're saying that shooting the dog enough times would've caused the entire console to crash? I'm guessing this is why Nintendo removed shooting the dog from the western releases, alongside potential dog abuse concerns.

Coffey25 said:
so you're saying that shooting the dog enough times would've caused the entire console to crash? I'm guessing this is why Nintendo removed shooting the dog from the western releases, alongside potential dog abuse concerns.

given how many things typically get removed and/or censored (religious things are among the most common changes) that could be the reason it was changed or there might've been some other reason.

and on the topic of SAO:HR yet again... i went ahead and started all 3 DLC chapters earlier today and it turns out they can all be active at the same time and played through in any order once active. so...i can go play through some of the 3rd chapter for awesome equipment (and hope i don't get 1-shot by the immensely powerful mobs) then go back through the other 2 while greatly over powered/leveled.

i think what i read on the gamefaqs forums was right. it seems like they basically just went "F it, give them what they want" by the time of the 3rd DLC cause you have free access to all Enigma Orders (no need to wait for them to unlock over time), all the other content is unlocked and can be accessed whenever you want... probably the one thing that remains unlocked is the 1k floor dungeon. i think that might be post-DLC 3 content and it's definitely not going to be easy until you reach a very high lvl with high lvl gear.

on the other hand, at lvl 81, with my current gear, it seems as if the basic attack has been rendered all but useless again (for now) due to that lvl suppression system where you do less damage to enemies higher lvl than you. so what can you do about that? simple, grab a katana, unlock the Shinonome SS (5-hits, (STR 50% VIT 50% AGI 50% DEX 50% based damage) / combo attack, (Mob) Bleed Lv2 -30/20 sec., Ignore Defense) and use that to go around ripping anything in your path a new one.

buff up your attack speed a good bit and you can spam that SS fast enough to where even golems and NM's don't take too long (HNM's...those are still OP as F, especially the DLC 3 ones).

but yeah, in the post-game and DLC, sword skills become VEEERY important and vastly more damaging than the normal attacks.

edit: ok, i think i see why the 1k floor dungeon is also known as the "infinite dungeon". if it's like these 4 our ouroboros dungeons then it's randomized each time you enter it so all the floors are different.

and...since you can't click the left side of the touchpad to expand the minimap and see the entire floor, it's more like a rogue like dungeon.

Coffey25 said:
that reminds me of the Morrowind expansion packs, where the game added a special chat option with most NPC's that brought up how to go to the land of Solstheim, which was normal, and then there was the Tribunal expansion, that added another new land called Mournhold and the only way you figured out that this place existed is when some assassins randomly pop up and try to kill you after you try to sleep. Their spawn rates were kind of common once you reached level 5, and they commonly used poison enchanted glass daggers as well unfortunately...

You could always sleep in a location where there were plenty of friendly NPCs. The first time I got attacked, I was at an inn, so I just ran out of the room and everybody in the inn got together and killed the assassins. Free easy high level loot.

The grey rubber part of the circle pad on my 3ds popped off, and now it comes off super easily. I could try gluing it back on, or I could get used to the feel of the thing without the rubber covering, but...

The reason it popped off was because I was playing Monster Hunter, and whenever you get stunned, dazed, or caught by a monster, you have to vigorously move the control stick around to escape, and...

Seriously, are we not past that yet? That's not a fun mechanic in any game. Having to button mash to escape from a status or scenario doesn't feel good, and it's hard on the controller. I'm kind of surprised that this still exists in modern games.

Furrin_Gok said:
You could always sleep in a location where there were plenty of friendly NPCs. The first time I got attacked, I was at an inn, so I just ran out of the room and everybody in the inn got together and killed the assassins. Free easy high level loot.

that's always a good strategy in games where the NPC's will aggro and attack anything that attacks you first. or if the thing attacking/chasing you is of an opposing faction of the nearby NPC's.

just find a higher lvl enemy, do enough damage to where you'll get exp for the kill (if the game works that way) and then let the NPC's finish it off for you for quick and easy profit...assuming it's not strong enough to kill off said NPC's.

treos said:
that's always a good strategy in games where the NPC's will aggro and attack anything that attacks you first. or if the thing attacking/chasing you is of an opposing faction of the nearby NPC's.

just find a higher lvl enemy, do enough damage to where you'll get exp for the kill (if the game works that way) and then let the NPC's finish it off for you for quick and easy profit...assuming it's not strong enough to kill off said NPC's.

You get experience in The Elder Scrolls not for killing things, but for using your skills. Hit a living creature with a one handed weapon, one handed experience, block something with a shield, shield experience, etc.

Furrin_Gok said:
You get experience in The Elder Scrolls not for killing things, but for using your skills. Hit a living creature with a one handed weapon, one handed experience, block something with a shield, shield experience, etc.

That suddenly makes me wonder if there is a Training Dummy mod for Skyrim, that’d be an immobile, invincible “enemy” for you to train your skills.

Siral_Exan said:
That suddenly makes me wonder if there is a Training Dummy mod for Skyrim, that’d be an immobile, invincible “enemy” for you to train your skills.

Well, yes
Mods like these have been around since Skyrim was still a new game, people like having ways to buff themselves up without difficulty. With most of these, the targets aren't on leveled lsits, meaning they're only really useful if you spend hours on them, or are still a low level.

Yup, This is a Real GameStop Ad for Assassin's Creed Origins.

GameStop | Ring | Middle-Earth: Shadow of War | Pre-Order | Four Legendary Orc Champions

they also have a tv commercial about shadow of wars micro-transactions. yup, pre-order shadow of war and you get 4 legendary orc champions.

furballs_dc said:
Is A Gameboy Classic On The Way? Hm...

Edit:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/amazones/character_10.html

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/amazones/character_14.html

:3

I notice that the only two things I can read are the "TOP" thing that takes you to the game's homepage, and the "USA" above the stereotypically 60's american diner girl.

Coffey25 said:
I notice that the only two things I can read are the "TOP" thing that takes you to the game's homepage, and the "USA" above the stereotypically 60's american diner girl.

OPENING MOVIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RkwjNKfK0

MOVIE 01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrekM8LQgd0

MOVIE 02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHX08tzsfE

furballs_dc said:
OPENING MOVIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0RkwjNKfK0

MOVIE 01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrekM8LQgd0

MOVIE 02
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qHX08tzsfE

thank goodness those two movies show off the gameplay. I assume this is supposed to be similar to 7th Dragon III Code VFD and Etrian Odyssey 4 on the 3DS due to the fact that the ability system and dungeon crawling reminds me of those two games.

Coffey25 said:
thank goodness those two movies show off the gameplay. I assume this is supposed to be similar to 7th Dragon III Code VFD and Etrian Odyssey 4 on the 3DS due to the fact that the ability system and dungeon crawling reminds me of those two games.

Does remind me of EO series. Can import here.

https://www.amazon.com/Seisou-no-Amazones-Japan/dp/B00EU70MQ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507086809&sr=8-1&keywords=Seisou+no+Amazones

Demo playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuLT-m2YqMM&list=PLwbYf6Bh_MMeuVNYg5PO8-XWlwTcumarZ

Edit:

News Wave! - Nintendo Stock Hits 9 Year High And Szechuan Sauce Gets Out Of Control

Edit 2:

Loot Boxes Are Invading...And There's Not Much We Can Do About It...

Edit 3:

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube) Glitches - Son Of A Glitch - Episode 31

"Throw all the pigs into the ocean..."

:V

Edit 4:

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Glitches - Son Of A Glitch - Episode 30

Link is a princess. :3

treos
9 days ago
2016 bandanna cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna koopa mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background solo toony undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

sorry, CoD fans, looks like this shit might be coming your way too so you're no exception to this BS.

oh and it looks like Shigeru Miyamoto is there in the comments (well, likely an RP account but still).

sorry, shigeru, but my support for your company ended the moment i heard about those glorified emulators and the damage your company was doing to sell them.

Alex Mauer: Motion to strike

treos said:

sorry, CoD fans, looks like this shit might be coming your way too so you're no exception to this BS.

Eh, COD has had loot boxes since at least Advanced Warefare. Loot boxes really rub me the wrong way. Not only are you paying to get an item in a game, that there is a chance you payed full price for, but you are not even garunteed to get the item. The only thing worse than this is microtransactions in singleplayer games.

furballs_dc said:

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Glitches - Son Of A Glitch - Episode 30

Link is a princess. :3

Does this guy normally mix up his left and right? He often says right for left or left for right. Some of these might actually be that holding the opposite direction jumps you the way you want, but some of these don't make sense to do that, so I can't tell which direction I'd need to do without trying it for myself.