Coffey25 said:
that game's actually pretty small for how it looks, I wonder how big the full version is going to be.

Speaking of which. =^.^=

ARMS Global Testpunch

USA

1.4 GB

Contents\placehld\000000C6\
Contents\placehld\000000F2\
Contents\placehld\0000009D\
Contents\placehld\00000018\
Contents\placehld\00000062\
Contents\registered\000000AE\f0f0e856996768b807116cafee0ed2b6.nca\00 (1.44 GB)
Contents\registered\000000DA\41cefa7171340b65615296261cbc3c11.nca\00 (0.99 MB)
Contents\registered\000000FC\b294b1e0c1b594c30b0211095f43c834.nca\00 (20 KB)
Contents\registered\00000013\ed0faf51f6d58262ede551851212c94f.nca\00 (17.2 MB)
Contents\registered\00000058\98b59aaef4e75b46d04980e9478eeb78.nca\00 (226 KB)

furballs_dc said:
Speaking of which. =^.^=

ARMS Global Testpunch

USA

1.4 GB

Contents\placehld\000000C6\
Contents\placehld\000000F2\
Contents\placehld\0000009D\
Contents\placehld\00000018\
Contents\placehld\00000062\
Contents\registered\000000AE\f0f0e856996768b807116cafee0ed2b6.nca\00 (1.44 GB)
Contents\registered\000000DA\41cefa7171340b65615296261cbc3c11.nca\00 (0.99 MB)
Contents\registered\000000FC\b294b1e0c1b594c30b0211095f43c834.nca\00 (20 KB)
Contents\registered\00000013\ed0faf51f6d58262ede551851212c94f.nca\00 (17.2 MB)
Contents\registered\00000058\98b59aaef4e75b46d04980e9478eeb78.nca\00 (226 KB)

I'm gonna take a guess that the 20 KB file may be text in the game, the 226 KB file is the icon you see on the Switch home menu, the 17.2 MB file is the executable file that launches games on Switch games, while that .99 MB file can be anything. That 1.44 GB is obviously everything contained in the game like models, textures, and voice clips.

Furrin_Gok said:
Unfortunately, Final Fantasy 2 itself costs money.

It comes bundled with most remakes of FF1.

treos
7 days ago
2016 bandanna cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna koopa mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background solo undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 21
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

well, i found the endless missions of toukiden 2. and they make sense given how the game itself is basically free play mode when you're not bothering with quests and stuff.

basically, you take a mission to explore one of the ruins and fight 1 large oni on each floor. 1 randomly chosen oni.

on this, my first, run i'm now on floor 3 and have faced a Manhunter (first boss of the 1st game. not too much trouble but it has a good number of body parts to take off and decent defense.), a...well, i dunno what the 2nd one was called but it was basically a large snail with a womans body... man, that thing did NOT want to go down easily. she kept regenerating body parts even after i purified them which is good for loot but darn annoying to keep removing them. and now i'm up against what i think is called a Bladetail. large lion-like oni with a blade for a tail (hence the name).

gotta reach floor 5 before i can quit the mission as a success or it'll count as a loss and the mission rewards change (likely stacking for a big pile of loot the further you go) every 5 floors too.

these large oni are no joke. they hit hard and take one hell of a beating to take down. but they're still easier than anything i saw in the monster hunter games. >.> a LOT easier.

Coffey25 said:
I'm gonna take a guess that the 20 KB file may be text in the game, the 226 KB file is the icon you see on the Switch home menu, the 17.2 MB file is the executable file that launches games on Switch games, while that .99 MB file can be anything. That 1.44 GB is obviously everything contained in the game like models, textures, and voice clips.

The 20 KB data portion is only around 4 KB. The NAX0 archive headers are 16 KB. I am researching the files I can.

NAX0 archive (Nintendo Switch)

NAX0 archive encryption notes

Nintendo Switch micro sd save data notes

Other stuff too.

https://pastebin.com/u/Nightseeker

I still need to go more in depth with save\8000000000000124 as well as the texture format headers.

treos
7 days ago
2016 bandanna cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna koopa mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background solo undead video_games

eh...i think i've had enough of that Anima indie game. it's nice and all but i'd rather play something else. i will say this though, the dev(s) of that game did a very good job with the boss fights.

taking into account the fact that you can switch between both characters freely, you have one that uses "light" attacks and one who uses "dark" attacks. so not only do the bosses constantly keep you moving around, you also have to keep switching back and forth to get past the enemy defenses.

for how far i played, it's not bad. i've certainly played worse indie games before. just expect to do a lot of back and forth exploration with that title.

edit: darn these maps. i keep digging around for info on this game and it's all japanese only. why is no one translating this shit or posting it on any english sites?

this page for example is useful but i can't read anything. i can only go by the symbols on the maps.

and since the only person to make a chart showing weapon trees did it only for bows i may have to add that to the list of things to fill in if i decide to make a guide of my own later on.

it's great that this game isn't region locked but it's not great that hardly any info on it is in english.

actually...i just looked through those maps again and only 3 are completely filled in.

Making The Nintendo Switch Dock Smaller!

Only thing missing is the LED indicator, otherwise very nice. =^.^=

treos
5 days ago

LoL

lol i wonder how many here have ever heard of this game at some point. probably the first though upon seeing the acronym is either League of Legends or "laugh out loud". this here is one of the few text based games to endure from the end of the 90's and still survive to this day.

heck, even most old browser based mmorpgs i used to know are now little more than templates that get traded around over the years. and most of those now rely on a stupid energy/stamina/turn aka "tick" based system where you get a limited supply of one of those resources to do what you want before being forced to either wait for it to refill slowly or pay to refill it on the spot and keep playing. shitty system but i guess it works. i tend to avoid those systems like the plague though. friggin pay-to-win garbage.

but this game, LoL was the first incremental game i remember playing and i thought i'd share the link. it's pretty basic really but it's old so don't go expecting anything fancy. and by that i mean it's a pure plain text game.

Finally got around to getting Yooka-Laylee. Probably one of the cutest games I've ever played.

treos said:
it's pretty basic really but it's old so don't go expecting anything fancy. and by that i mean it's a pure plain text game.

Have you played DartMUD? It's from 1992 but still running.

treos
4 days ago

kamimatsu said:
Have you played DartMUD? It's from 1992 but still running.

i don't do MUDs. never cared enough to bother with those.

treos said:
i don't do MUDs. never cared enough to bother with those.

Okay.

What about Kingdom of Loathing? It has a stamina system, but it's one of the earlier ones, has no way of buying more (You can eat food or drink booze for more adventures, but there's a limit to that before you get full or drunk, and the entire story is possible to complete in one day if you have the right skills.)

Also that game has an item called "Ring of Telling Skeletons What to Do" and an achievement for getting a back alley sex change operation 30 times.

You also have to unlock the ability to be aware of the fact that you have a torso.

All of this is done in a way that's hilarious.

kamimatsu said:
Okay.

What about Kingdom of Loathing? It has a stamina system, but it's one of the earlier ones, has no way of buying more (You can eat food or drink booze for more adventures, but there's a limit to that before you get full or drunk, and the entire story is possible to complete in one day if you have the right skills.)

Also that game has an item called "Ring of Telling Skeletons What to Do" and an achievement for getting a back alley sex change operation 30 times.

You also have to unlock the ability to be aware of the fact that you have a torso.

You can also breath pure air, but you only get the cans of it upon a rebirth as an "oxygenarian," denouncing both food and drink for the run.

treos
4 days ago

kamimatsu said:
Okay.

wtf? i'm not sure what to say to all of that.

kamimatsu said:
Okay.

what is KoL anyways? searching for pictures makes me even more confused about what it's supposed to be.

treos
4 days ago

[Vinesauce] Vinny - SNES Corruptions (Real-Time Corruptor)

this is by far, one of THE most awesome people i have EVER found on youtube. and man oh man are those corruptions awesome as all heck. lol

Genjar
Contributor
4 days ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 231
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Coffey25 said:
what is KoL anyways? searching for pictures makes me even more confused about what it's supposed to be.

Bare-bones browser RPG with heavy focus on puns.
KoL podcast is pretty great. ...was, at least. Haven't played it in six years or so, not after I lost all my meat by gambling.

It had got a bit stale after 90 ascensions, anyway.

treos said:
[Vinesauce] Vinny - SNES Corruptions (Real-Time Corruptor)

this is by far, one of THE most awesome people i have EVER found on youtube. and man oh man are those corruptions awesome as all heck. lol

He also does corruptions for other Nintendo emulators, up to the N64 (anything beyond that ends up too large and corruptions need to be high enough to easily break the game to actually be noticeable).
I wonder if during his 007 Goldeneye corruptions if he ever managed to get it to put him into the emulator buried inside of it? "Wait, what? I corrupted the game so hard it became another game?"

Genjar said:
Bare-bones browser RPG with heavy focus on puns.
KoL podcast is pretty great. ...was, at least. Haven't played it in six years or so, not after I lost all my meat by gambling.

It had got a bit stale after 90 ascensions, anyway.

Money-Making Game? They do say not to do that. Meat is easy to get after a while anyway.

As for getting stale, there are events you can take part in, last year's Crimbo was odd, and with enough meat you can get the IotM without a Mr. A, which is easy to do if you've played enough for it to get stale.

I mostly just see how many different things I can do, like collecting things, discovering recipes, and perming rare skills. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun.

kamimatsu said:
Money-Making Game? They do say not to do that. Meat is easy to get after a while anyway.

As for getting stale, there are events you can take part in, last year's Crimbo was odd, and with enough meat you can get the IotM without a Mr. A, which is easy to do if you've played enough for it to get stale.

I mostly just see how many different things I can do, like collecting things, discovering recipes, and perming rare skills. I'm not very good at it, but it's fun.

Have you hardcore perm'd? I heard you could keep it even through other hardcores if you permanent a skill during a hardcore.

Furrin_Gok said:
Have you hardcore perm'd? I heard you could keep it even through other hardcores if you permanent a skill during a hardcore.

No, I haven't. And yes, you can. I had to get a new account because my last one was compromised and registered under my high school email, which hasn't existed for almost a decade, so I have exactly one perm'd skill, and it isn't HC. It's Summon Crimbo Candy, i think. If I get really good ones, I'll learn them once I do HC and perm them as HC skills.

treos
3 days ago

Furrin_Gok said:
He also does corruptions for other Nintendo emulators, up to the N64 (anything beyond that ends up too large and corruptions need to be high enough to easily break the game to actually be noticeable).
I wonder if during his 007 Goldeneye corruptions if he ever managed to get it to put him into the emulator buried inside of it? "Wait, what? I corrupted the game so hard it became another game?"

what? an emulator hidden in golden eye? i've never heard of that before.

...woah...there really is an emulator hidden in that game. o_O wth...? that's crazy. i mean, sure, it's definitely possible as the console would really just need to meet the "10 times as powerful as what your emulating" requirement but i had no idea they tried that with the N64.

yeah...that might be why that games somewhat unstable when Vinny tries messing with it. not near as fragile as star fox for snes but it's up there a good bit.

edit: yay, looks like my next game is coming a bit early and will be Yooka-Laylee.

had to report that Anima disc as not working properly since it started giving disc read errors despite the disc being spotless (no dust or scratches anywhere).

treos
3 days ago

o_O sweet mercy, it's 1 hour, 21 minute jim sterling video about 1 game!

IMPACT WINTER - The Game's Good... They Just Fucked Up

bizarre control scheme... the steam reviews for this game are mostly negative. 11 minutes into the video and it's basically a survival game...meh.

apparently it was published by namco bandai.

edit: looking at the steam forums for this game makes my brain hurt.

for fucks sake, USE PUNCTUATION AND DECENT GRAMMAR! what, are you people all a bunch of illiterates? i may get some things wrong myself but at least i CAN use punctuation and grammar. at least to where others can understand and easily read what i'm saying.

geez...

seeing this crappy writing makes me want to set this loose on them.

treos said:
o_O sweet mercy, it's 1 hour, 21 minute jim sterling video about 1 game!

IMPACT WINTER - The Game's Good... They Just Fucked Up

bizarre control scheme... the steam reviews for this game are mostly negative. 11 minutes into the video and it's basically a survival game...meh.

apparently it was published by namco bandai.

Gotta admit I'm kinda surprised you watch Jim Sterling's stuff

treos
3 days ago

LumenSageAlexander said:
Gotta admit I'm kinda surprised you watch Jim Sterling's stuff

why?

treos said:
why?

A lot of people consider him a pretty open SJW.

treos
3 days ago

LumenSageAlexander said:
A lot of people consider him a pretty open SJW.

o_O jim sterling...an SJW? lol now that's a good one.

with how much he openly criticizes the video game industry and all the BS that goes on in it, he's one of the last people i would consider to be an SJW. i don't know if i've ever heard him speak positively of social justice (or feminism for that matter) when it comes to the video game industry.

you sure it's not any of the many shitty asset flippers he's openly criticized and even got into legal trouble with that's calling him that? cause there's really not much i would put past those people.

treos said:
[...]

the reason Sterling doesn't talk about the spooky scary SJWs is because he doesn't consider the concept that big of a deal to bother with. like most older gentlemen, the default state of his existence is being a decent person, which is what social justice is all about.

treos
3 days ago

fewrahuxo said:
like most older gentlemen, the default state of his existence is being a decent person, which is what social justice is all about.

that sounds different from a lot of SJWs i've heard about who are all about fighting hate speech and racism when their actions actually promote such things.

in fact, most movements and ideologies like that have really become that which they oppose over the years.

feminism has become misandrist and a fight for superiority over men.

social justice has become incredibly hateful and racist and now fights against free speech. guess what, hate speech falls within "free speech". free speech doesn't stop at a persons feelings.

then there's that BLM thing which i actually haven't heard about in a while (are they still a thing? or have they simply been overshadowed by bigger, more pressing issues?). they became a racist and segregationist movement which iirc was what were once against.

you don't need to be a SJW to be a decent person and treat people decently. i treat people normally unless they start making BS demands about stuff or start attacking me for BS reasons.