all things video game

In category: General

yet another general thread so others don't get too badly derailed.

Well, to start things off, I just got Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish from a warden chest in WoW. It's my first ever legendary, and I'm really lucky 'cause it's on my Surv Hunter.

BlueDingo
Privileged
9 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

Transferred from forum #224175

treos said:
dude, you could probably pick up an original gameboy with some prongs and hold it in a fire for several seconds, let it cool fully and it still might work. assuming the plastic case held back most of the heat.

Or bomb blasts.

Siral_Exan said:
Well, to start things off, I just got Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish from a warden chest in WoW. It's my first ever legendary, and I'm really lucky 'cause it's on my Surv Hunter.

Ewwww, non-class-specific Legendaries. Top comment is even how trash it is.

I have a terrible habit of always giving out free shit on WoW. Probably gave over 20K gold, ten craftables, and God knows how many charm bracelets just this week.

notawerewolf said:

I have a terrible habit of always giving out free shit on WoW. Probably gave over 20K gold, ten craftables, and God knows how many charm bracelets just this week.

It's a good buff stick, and it is good at *trash* killing, so I'll take it. Could have been MUCH worse...

notawerewolf said:

My hobby is putting bounties on new EVE Online players who ask for ISK.

I can't assign settlers to power armor in Fallout 4, that's horsecrap.

BlueDingo said:
Transferred from forum #224175

Or bomb blasts.

i've read about that one before and that particular case is rather suspicious. a big reason as to why is...why is the screen still in perfect condition? seems like it could be they simply swapped the plastic case with a damaged one and fabricated the story behind it. it's entirely possible that that is the true story behind it.

heres hoping Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and Nioh are less crappy than the past several PS4 games i've tried.

sword art online: lost song was a crappy game (port?) with graphics that looked prectically ps2/ps3 era, crap dungeon design, and reused/palette swapped monsters throughout the entire game.

SAO:hollow realization on the other hand was a much greater game overall in comparison.

dragon quest heroes is basically dragon quest done by the makers of the dynasty warriors franchise. on the dragon quest side of the equation there was quite literally barely ANY new content throughout the entire game. maybe 1-5% of the content and resources used was new. seriously, enix, wtf is with you people? the goku hairstyle hasn't been new since DB first aired decades ago...even farther back for the manga. make some new resources for the dragon quest franchise and stop reusing the same shit you used in the NES/GBA games. it really is THAT rare to see actual NEW resources in that franchise.

dragon quest builders: same as heroes but minecraft style this time which worked out surprisingly well. definitely worth playing through and it does have a sandbox mode...with the content unlocked as you progress through story mode and finish challenges. the graphics look great, good textures, everything looks nice and smooth.

...again with no new resources though. :( and i mean NONE this time aside from maybe the builder you play as and some of the craftable items. it does have an interesting story though. won't spoil but it's basically an AU ending to the original dragon quest.

also, F you Rubiss. i AM a hero in this game you LIAR! if it wasn't for the players intervention you would have doomed the world waiting for you hero. uh...slight spoilers there but not much.

star ocean: integrity and faithlessness was a step forward from the previous game in some ways (having the combat all happen in real-time and out on the field was a good step forward) and a step back in others.

the last time i saw trees where the leaves were 2d layers was the last time i played King's Field on psx. i may not normally care much for fancy graphics but to see that on the ps4...shame on you. and don't think i missed your pathetic attempts at hiding the lack of emotion on the character models via overly animated flailing of arms and stuff. most of this games art budget obviously went to prettying up the character models while the landscape, trees, and textures in general lagged behind with low res textures.

and the final boss (not spoiling)... did you people even test that fight properly at all? just go on the gamefaqs forums for the games and see how many threads are about the boss's event scripts failing to trigger properly or how it gets stuck on the battlefields white walls.

they may not have said what the games budget was but it was clearly a low one.

god eater 2: rage burst... psp port. had several added missions but pretty much unchanged.

Dark Souls 3: pretty good overall. awesome HD graphics. overall i enjoyed it but i did hate how they F'ed up the armor in the game. basically, if you want to raise your defense you need to grind souls and lvl up. yep, armor no longer adds to your defense but rather it gives a % resistance which blocks that % of incoming damage. all of your defense stats are derived directly from your stats. even getting Havel the Rock's armor will not raise your defense a single point.

also, smaugh's armor does not fit the players character model at all. it clips badly and just looks ugly in general. and...it doesn't do much of anything for defense like all other armors.

if i get the chance i'm just going to buy DS2: Scholar of the first sin edition. at least armor is armor in that game.

Siral_Exan said:
It's a good buff stick, and it is good at *trash* killing, so I'll take it. Could have been MUCH worse...

Eh, I'm unaware of hunter rotations and play styles. For the most part it's kind of pointless except for the 940 base stats. Half your attacks should be doing more than its activation effect, though the aoe isn't horrible. There just aren't many times in cutting edge raids where there's a group of trash around for a long time. I'd probably just leave it out of my action bars and not let it mess with my rotation. Then again, I just tried to bug spray a parched snakeroot, so what the fuck do I know? But congrats on the Legendary, at least the Blizz RNG demon showed some mercy on your soul.

My main got the two best class-specific legendaries for my rotation within my first week of legion. But that unfortunately added Aman'thul essence grinding to the other million grinds of WoW.

kamimatsu said:
My hobby is putting bounties on new EVE Online players who ask for ISK.

And mine is giving gold to players who ask nicely.

https://youtu.be/ODjWtoViNSQ?t=32s

notawerewolf said:
Eh, I'm unaware of hunter rotations and play styles. For the most part it's kind of pointless except for the 940 base stats. Half your attacks should be doing more than its activation effect, though the aoe isn't horrible. There just aren't many times in cutting edge raids where there's a group of trash around for a long time. I'd probably just leave it out of my action bars and not let it mess with my rotation.

Surv hunters lack great AoE, save from talents, so having a 800k AoE is a good, heavy hit on multiple things that need to die. Like, Ambassador D'vwinn, who spawns with three packs of mobs nearby that have 1.5m hp, they are impossible to burn down fast enough without the rare patting your way or aggro'ing the rest. With this trinket and Butchery, you'll burn them down in 4 seconds, and can feign to reset the others.

It's just a good trinket to kill trash with, garbage mobs that still kill you if you're the only one they're focusing on. If I had choice, I would have picked The Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask because, especially as a Surv, hunters lack healing.

and for the people who say I am complaining, two things: Surv hunters are gods of PvP because of traps and flanking strike & mongoose strike comboing, and survivalist only procs off of a kill, unlike so many other passives, and marksman don't even get that...

I'm very impressed with For Honor, I will admit it does have its issues. I feel that the story mode could've been far better.
But that multiplayer, absolutely adictive. Its honestly more adictive then overwatch. Easy to learn, hard to master. Love it to death, knights ftw

Adding to the list of things people can laugh at me for, I still play Destiny. Not nearly as much as I used to, though. I've been trying for weeks to get Trespasser, and the game just refuses to give it to me. Last week, 3 people in my team got it from our Raid. Every engram I hand in becomes Telesto. My Nightfall rewards are mostly Strange Coins. It really sucks getting kicked in the dick repeatedly.

Once I get my gaming PC back, I'll probably get back to Battlefield 1. Looking forward to the French DLC. Plus Total War: Warhammer gets Bretonnia for free at the end of the month.

Also planning on getting back into flight games this summer, once I have a job and cash for upgrades. I need a new HOTAS, and I'm torn between being sensible and getting a Saitek X55, and burning money on a Thrustmaster Warthog. I want to get into Star Citizen, when it's in a slightly more playable state.

Nintendo Switch: Yes or No?

(unofficial anthro mascots don't count for this question)

Lance_Armstrong said:

Not sure. Nintendo's been a disappointment for the last few years imo. Haven't really liked the Zelda games since TP - PH. The last really good Marios were the galaxies. I loved SSBB and Mario Kart Wii but can't stand B4 or the new Mario Kart. And don't even get anyone started on how they've ruined Mario Party.

Plus, no one goes to Nintendo consoles for addon and social features; they're the absolute worst at that. I'm gonna hold off unless something interests me to the point of thinking it's worth it.

I've been playing too much Overwatch. End of story.

For the first time in a long while, I'm excited for some games.

First off, I play an ungodly about of FTL: Faster Than Light (and I've gotten pretty good at it too, I'm proud to say!).

So imagine my excitement when I found this:

http://subsetgames.com/itb.html

A new game, by the same group, that looks really cool. Yes. Yes please!

Also, I'm excited for Yooka Laylee coming up soon.

Other than that, I've been playing old games. I played Super Metroid for the first time, and I was very impressed. I've also been playing Donkey Kong Country 3, which some people say isn't that good, but I'd disagree - it only seems bad in contrast to its predecessors. It's still a solid game, even if it does have... Ech, Kiddie Kong.

Metal Gear Acid is a crazy game. Card Games, on Metal Gears!

Kaijudragon567 said:
I'm very impressed with For Honor, I will admit it does have its issues. I feel that the story mode could've been far better.
But that multiplayer, absolutely adictive. Its honestly more adictive then overwatch. Easy to learn, hard to master. Love it to death, knights ftw

I really cannot fucking wait to play it myself. I should finally be getting a PS4 sometime this month, and I'm definitely shooting to get For Honor with it.

(I'd get it for PC but my laptop here is shoddy as hell, and I'm too poor to be able to replace it just because I want to; The PS4 is coming as a gift.)

RJDodger said:
Adding to the list of things people can laugh at me for, I still play Destiny. Not nearly as much as I used to, though.

Not going to judge you here, that's one of the other games I'm getting my PS4 for. I'm absolutely still planning to play the fuck out of that. I'm probably going to make the human version of my fursona, Solarus, as my main there - A gunslinger, to be sure. Solarus is a Paladin by virtue but a rogue by skillset, so Solar-Light-wielding Hunter is exactly him.

Lance_Armstrong said:

When they first started releasing details I woulda said hell yes, however since then they have Nintendoed it up making my answer a solid meh.

Lance_Armstrong said:

Yes, as soon as I can find one.

Lance_Armstrong said:

Of course this always depents on a lot of things, for example I already have Wii U, high end gaming PC and PS4 Pro to play most recent games, but in this case I would say nope at least during launch window.

Of course I avoid getting consoles in the launch anyway, because there are less games and it's initial system version which will get updated and improved and stores start to have more frequent and deeper sales over time. However in Switch case there's almost no games at launch, the couple that are coming are either multiplat, really uninteresting and couple left do not justify getting whole machine. Peripherals are also too expensive and pretty sure I can't use them on PC like I do playstation and xbox peripherals. I'm not entirely sure about stocking the console, but it almost feels like they realized with amiibos and nes mini to keep things understocked so that nintendo fanbois pay and hype it more.

At least they are using standards with cable and storage, that's already way much better than my dust gathering vita has.

Nier

Automata

notawerewolf said:

Siral_Exan said:

A legendary is a legendary as long as it is not Prydaz or Sephuz's. Though even those two aren't as bad anymore with their buffs.

LumenSageAlexander said:
I really cannot fucking wait to play it myself. I should finally be getting a PS4 sometime this month, and I'm definitely shooting to get For Honor with it.

(I'd get it for PC but my laptop here is shoddy as hell, and I'm too poor to be able to replace it just because I want to; The PS4 is coming as a gift.)

I must warn you, it's not a hack and slash game. Its alot more like a fighting game or a moba. Every character has different combos and feels different. Even if they are the same class. For example the raider and the warden feel extremely different from eachother. So if you find a character you like, do some research on them to be that much better.

Kaijudragon567 said:
I must warn you, it's not a hack and slash game. Its alot more like a fighting game or a moba. Every character has different combos and feels different. Even if they are the same class. For example the raider and the warden feel extremely different from eachother. So if you find a character you like, do some research on them to be that much better.

I'm aware, but thank you for the thought.

imagoober
Privileged
9 months ago
2016 ambiguous_gender anthro cacomistle camo clothed clothing diesel_wiesel english_text half-length_portrait hat mammal meme portrait procyonid reaction_image ringed_tail shirt shrug simple_background smile solo text

Rating: Safe
Score: 27
User: Manabu
Date: August 22, 2016

treos said:
i've read about [the Gameboy that survived a bombing] before and that particular case is rather suspicious. a big reason as to why is...why is the screen still in perfect condition? seems like it could be they simply swapped the plastic case with a damaged one and fabricated the story behind it. it's entirely possible that that is the true story behind it.

The screen was replaced, but other than that there were no repairs done to the GB.

Lance_Armstrong said:

Have one reserved. For Zelda alone (never mind Mario) it's worth it to me, though part of that is that I don't have a Wii U so "it's also on the Wii U" isn't an argument that holds any weight, to me.

Some of my favorite builds and item sets in Grim Dawn have been rendered extremely unfun to play by balance passes. Really don't entirely understand why there's so much focus on "muh balance" in a largely single-player game. At least with MechWarrior Online I EXPECT balance fuckery.

I've been getting back into Monster Hunter Generations. Only on 4-star quests in single player. Wearing Tetsucabra armor and generally using most of the Blademaster weapons.

I'm also playing Final Fantasy VI Advance via GBA emulator on my smartphone. I already own a physical copy of the game, but felt like emulating it anyway.

Lance_Armstrong said:

Yes. :3

There have certainly been interesting leaks early on this round. One of the native texture formats(Nine Just Dance 2017 tex), three early sdk docs, menus, even devmenu screens.

And the dev hardware(SDEV/EDEV) is only $450 / $500.

Simpler to develop/port then PPC ever was is as well.

YouWereNeverMyFriend said:
Some of my favorite builds and item sets in Grim Dawn have been rendered extremely unfun to play by balance passes. Really don't entirely understand why there's so much focus on "muh balance" in a largely single-player game. At least with MechWarrior Online I EXPECT balance fuckery.

Well it does have a multiplayer element to it, even if it's not a competitive one.

More importantly it's a fairly hardcore game that's meant to maintain a certain amount of challenge.

LumenSageAlexander said:
Well it does have a multiplayer element to it, even if it's not a competitive one.

More importantly it's a fairly hardcore game that's meant to maintain a certain amount of challenge.

There is NO REASON Blackwater Cocktail deserved a swatting with the nerfstick.

The nerf to the Markovian set was debatable. Don't really think Markovian's was OP, especially not compared to Warborn.