Furrin_Gok said:
"One third" doesn't say much, it's Final Fantasy. Take Final Fantasy 6, "One third" is actually the entire world, and yet you still have two full worlds unexplored.

Not to mention the antagonist destroys 4/5 of the entire universe, thereby succeeding in his evil plot less than halfway through the game.

Idiots who believe drinking milk is a symbol of white supremacy. Now, if you'll excuse me...

Furrin_Gok said:
Take Final Fantasy 6, "One third" is actually the entire world, and yet you still have two full worlds unexplored.

That's FF5. FF5 is 1/3 world 1, 1/3 world 2, 1/3 world 1+2. FF6 is 2/3 world 1, 1/3 world 2.

BlueDingo said:
Idiots who believe drinking milk is a symbol of white supremacy. Now, if you'll excuse me...

I have literally never heard of that from anyone who claims to believe it's true.

LumenSageAlexander said:
I have literally never heard of that from anyone who claims to believe it's true.

It helps you build strong white bones so you can make salute.

LumenSageAlexander said:

Couldn't resist, could you?

BlueDingo said:
Couldn't resist, could you?

To be fair, I would have said something similar.

Furrin_Gok said:
"One third" doesn't say much, it's Final Fantasy. Take Final Fantasy 6, "One third" is actually the entire world, and yet you still have two full worlds unexplored.

was at 5/15 chapters, now at 10/15 i think

good riddance to XIII's 2d (that paper thin thing is NOT a dragon!) and deformed (those are SO not turtles) monsters of XIII. XV's monsters look more like a 3d version of more traditional FF monsters. well, most of them.

Gigantoads are giant frogs. Flans are nasty blobs of evil ooze. imps and goblins look like imps and goblins. and the esper/eidolon/gods/etc. are freaking EPIC! but i can't say much about that last bit due to plot related spoilers.

mindflayers (you keep those squid tentacles away from me, you freaks. ಠ_ಠ and STOP CONFUSING ME AND SCREWING WITH THE CONTROL SCHEME!), necromancers (10 minutes into the fight: ugh, MORE skeletons to kill? seriously?!), haven't seen any dragons yet that i'm aware of.

and of course, we have the MA-X line of Magitech Armor models courtesy of the Niflheim Empire.

the monsters look like they should, the status effects work as one would expect (bring a LOT of golden needles when fighting necros. ;))

and...altissia (2nd continent) is a pain to navigate. just arrived at the 3rd continent before calling it a night earlier.

some of the things these guys say in combat (FFXV). for example...

while fighting a giant snake...naga...thing: *gladiolus gets petrified*

Ignus: Gladiolus is as hard as a rock.

Noctis: The hell are you talking about?

lol it doesn't get much better when they star getting confused or turned into frogs either. well, it certainly keeps things interesting, that's for sure.

treos said:
some of the things these guys say in combat (FFXV). for example...

while fighting a giant snake...naga...thing: *gladiolus gets petrified*

Ignus: Gladiolus is as hard as a rock.

Noctis: The hell are you talking about?

lol it doesn't get much better when they star getting confused or turned into frogs either. well, it certainly keeps things interesting, that's for sure.

Ignus mentions rock... Igneous rock?

As long as it's not like Xenoblade Chronicles where they almost never shut up in battle. Three characters saying something every single time they attack or get attacked gets really annoying after a while.

BlueDingo said:

As long as it's not like Xenoblade Chronicles where they almost never shut up in battle. Three characters saying something every single time they attack or get attacked gets really annoying after a while.

It's the one game I get people complaining to turn it down. I like listening to them, though, so I just use headphones.

BlueDingo said:

well, not on every attack. it's more along the lines of commentary here and there...and whining about whatever environment your exploring or the weather outside of combat. it's not too bad though.

Furrin_Gok said:
It's the one game I get people complaining to turn it down. I like listening to them, though, so I just use headphones.

i rather like how i can plug my headphone or ear buds into this controller. :) you can hear the audio clearly without having to turn the tv up really loud. that and these noise cancelling ones i've got are really nice when you take into consideration the fact i now keep a fan blowing at the back of the console.

the boss battle at Formouth Garrison had the console running so hot i was afraid something might burn out in it. :( thankfully, this fan seems to be helping keep that under control rather nicely. the video card or something in this console did NOT like that graphically intensive battle at all.

:/ hope i can just take it to a repair shop or something if the internal cooling fan ever burns out as a result of that one day. that's pretty much the only problem i've had with the PS4 PRO so far though.

treos said:
well, not on every attack. it's more along the lines of commentary here and there...and whining about whatever environment your exploring or the weather outside of combat. it's not too bad though.

i rather like how i can plug my headphone or ear buds into this controller. :) you can hear the audio clearly without having to turn the tv up really loud. that and these noise cancelling ones i've got are really nice when you take into consideration the fact i now keep a fan blowing at the back of the console.

the boss battle at Formouth Garrison had the console running so hot i was afraid something might burn out in it. :( thankfully, this fan seems to be helping keep that under control rather nicely. the video card or something in this console did NOT like that graphically intensive battle at all.

:/ hope i can just take it to a repair shop or something if the internal cooling fan ever burns out as a result of that one day. that's pretty much the only problem i've had with the PS4 PRO so far though.

Is your console sitting on top of an egg tray? Helps the vents actually get rid of the hot air. You can also set a refreezable ice-gel pack over the top of the side that's overheating, though you'll probably want a thin rag between the two in case of condensation.

treos said:
Flans are nasty blobs of evil ooze.

Funnily enough, in the Ivalice setting, the dessert of the same name was named after them, rather than the other way around like in our universe.

kamimatsu said:
Funnily enough, in the Ivalice setting, the dessert of the same name was named after them, rather than the other way around like in our universe.

o.O interesting tidbit and goodbye XV (back to gamefly it goes tomorrow). pretty much finished all i cared to do after beating the final boss.

Furrin_Gok said:
Is your console sitting on top of an egg tray? Helps the vents actually get rid of the hot air. You can also set a refreezable ice-gel pack over the top of the side that's overheating, though you'll probably want a thin rag between the two in case of condensation.

no, it's on a coffee table but having the fan pointed at the back side of it helped plenty. still gets a little warm nowhere near as hot as that one time.

BlueDingo
Privileged
9 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

Furrin_Gok said:

I remember the good old days when video game consoles didn't double as convection heaters.

BlueDingo said:
I remember the good old days when video game consoles didn't double as convection heaters.

lost my wii (not sure what part burned out) and my xbox360 to that problem.

in the 360's case, the cooling fan died. the amount of heat that console would generate within seconds was nothing short of amazing. it'd probably get closer to the heat of a stove eye if left on for several minutes like that. once that fan goes the console basically commits suicide via heat. which is why i want to see if a repair shop or someone can fix it if it ever happens to this PS4. i don't want another dead console.

o_O why are video game companies making consoles with such shitty cooling systems after the PS2 era? microsoft KNEW the 360 had severe cooling problems but they sold it anyway (gotta get as much $ as possible from us little people, right, Micro$? greedy bastards...). might be the video card in this case. think i read somewhere that the ps4 pro uses an AMD card that's notoriously inefficient when it comes to cooling.

edit: oh and i would advise against using the backside USB port. the heat output on that side is so hot, even when it isn't overheating, that it could cause serious problems.

put your hand over a vent when you have your heater running. that's how hot it normally is back there. x2 or x3 that temperature, if not higher, when overheating.

BlueDingo
Privileged
9 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

treos said:
lost my wii (not sure what part burned out) and my xbox360 to that problem.

in the 360's case, the cooling fan died. the amount of heat that console would generate within seconds was nothing short of amazing. it'd probably get closer to the heat of a stove eye if left on for several minutes like that. once that fan goes the console basically commits suicide via heat. which is why i want to see if a repair shop or someone can fix it if it ever happens to this PS4. i don't want another dead console.

At least this problem doesn't affect handhelds. Imagine a 3DS or PSV heating up like that. I've heard stories of laptops doing it, though.

treos said:
o_O why are video game companies making consoles with such shitty cooling systems after the PS2 era? microsoft KNEW the 360 had severe cooling problems but they sold it anyway (gotta get as much $ as possible from us little people, right, Micro$? greedy bastards...). might be the video card in this case. think i read somewhere that the ps4 pro uses an AMD card that's notoriously inefficient when it comes to cooling.

Probably the same reason they make fragile controller parts, to make us buy more of them. I remember the time I accidentally stepped on the controller cord and slammed my N64 cartridge first into a hard wooden floor, zero damage to the game and console. I've had a Game Boy thrown off a second story balcony and land on the edge of a curb, cracked it but still worked just fine. I've had a GameCube running for 9 days straight without overheating.

BlueDingo said:
At least this problem doesn't affect handhelds. Imagine a 3DS or PSV heating up like that. I've heard stories of laptops doing it, though.

Probably the same reason they make fragile controller parts, to make us buy more of them. I remember the time I accidentally stepped on the controller cord and slammed my N64 cartridge first into a hard wooden floor, zero damage to the game and console. I've had a Game Boy thrown off a second story balcony and land on the edge of a curb, cracked it but still worked just fine. I've had a GameCube running for 9 days straight without overheating.

dude, you could probably pick up an original gameboy with some prongs and hold it in a fire for several seconds, let it cool fully and it still might work. assuming the plastic case held back most of the heat.

behold, pics of a yellowed SNES!

of course, back then consoles were basically a circuit board, some wires, and a large plastic case (maybe some other parts). a highly durable fire resistant plastic case in nintendo's case (especially with the NDS. that handheld is incredibly solid for a video game device.).

i think that's enough derailing this thread. how about a thread about video game stuff in general?

BlueDingo
Privileged
9 months ago

treos said:
dude, you could probably pick up an original gameboy with some prongs and hold it in a fire for several seconds, let it cool fully and it still might work. assuming the plastic case held back most of the heat.

Or bomb blasts.

treos said:
(especially with the NDS. that handheld is incredibly solid for a video game device.).

Actually, my DS lost its touchscreen capability from being used once, permanently throwing off the calibrations past anything the settings could fix. Beyond even the help of Garrus.

BlueDingo said:

Yeah, instead your graphics would suddenly glitch out and the game would freeze, so that it stopped heating up. Prevented you from getting to a save/password point.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Favorite character? Nappa.

HypnoBitch said:
Dragon Ball Z Abridged. Favorite character? Nappa.

Or Lord Guru's Party Pooper song XD

Nell....don't take his coat...

When the blacklist is used as an excuse for terrible tagging to not see something you don't like. Not going to call out any names, but there's a huge difference between what's chubby and 'obese'.

Just saying.

Just found this last night. Had trouble breathing after watching.

Genjar
Former Staff
9 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 253
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Ratte's comments tend to make me laugh.
Other than that, I can't think of anything specific. I know I laugh at some jokes, but only the first time I hear them. Which makes it hard to recall what was 'laugh out loud'-funny, and what was merely amusing.

Tucker Carlson Tonight: He has been utterly destroying liberal professors, students and SJW's

The Young Turks: I like their honest and objective reportin........hahahahahaha

4chan /pol/ these people are just misunderstood, praise kek.

Feminists.

ThoughtCrime said:
Tucker Carlson Tonight: He has been utterly destroying liberal professors, students and SJW's

The Young Turks: I like their honest and objective reportin........hahahahahaha

4chan /pol/ these people are just misunderstood, praise kek.

yass