What makes you laugh?

In category: Off Topic

Pretty similar to the threads on happiness, sadness, and anger. Anything that makes you laugh, you're welcome to share.

▼ Click to collapse

But here's a list of things to consider (oh the horror, there's nuance):

-Religious humor: I think poking fun at religions that are dead or not mainstream is acceptable. Best to avoid jokes about mainstream religions, even if you know how to make a joke without offending anyone.
-Political humor: This is another sensitive subject. The best I can suggest is to things that everyone can agree on.
-Dark humor: Tragedies that happened at least 5-10 years ago are probably okay, but don't quote me on that.

If any of the mods/admins think I am encouraging things that are against the site's guidelines, I'll take responsibility for my ignorance.

What makes me laugh is when the last couple seconds of one clip does something funny, then suddenly cuts to a different clip that's completely serious.


BlueDingo said:
ambiguous_gender avian bald_eagle bird commentary condom eagle english_text feral logo not_furry patriotism politics simple_background stars_and_stripes text the_truth united_states_of_america unknown_artist white_background

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: JustFrame
Date: January 27, 2011

6 years ago... that was during obama's reign, correct? seems pretty accurate to me.


Certain memes that haven't been milked to death. (Which are sadly few in number nowadays)


I'm personally a fan of the humor provided by the rouge E-militant protecting guilmon from hector21314.
Also Gabriel Iglesias, that guy is funny.
Oh and good puns, blonde jokes, dirty jokes...
Ok so I think its easier to just say not Adam Sandler.


treos said:
6 years ago... that was during obama's reign, correct? seems pretty accurate to me.

Could we not start getting political?

HsTheBraixen said:
Certain memes that haven't been milked to death. (Which are sadly few in number nowadays)

I thought that was the nature of memes. They sprout up, get milked, then fade away into obscurity to be inevitably used by the public at large for far too long.

And my favorite sort of humor is word-play. Set up a really good joke involving words and I'll usually like it.


VanossGaming videos.


Schadenfreude is nice. though usually just when watching movies, crap on youtube or in videogames.


Non-game-breaking glitches, like when you shoot a bad guy, they die, then their body starts spazzing out into impossible positions and getting stuck in solid objects.

Or Skate 3.


8Bitryan.


Chameloshi said:
Non-game-breaking glitches, like when you shoot a bad guy, they die, then their body starts spazzing out into impossible positions and getting stuck in solid objects.

Or Skate 3.

Yeah, glitches which are harmless are funny. Harmful or exploitable ones, not so much.


GameManiac said:
VanossGaming videos.

I shot someone named vanossgaming in titanfall 2. I don't know who that is but the name sounded familiar so I remembered it.


i know someone said no politics but i like anarcho capitalist memes tbh

http://funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Anarcho_75abea_6079658.jpg

yes i know it's ifunny sue me


Melissa_R said:
i know someone said no politics but i like anarcho capitalist memes tbh

http://funnypictures2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Anarcho_75abea_6079658.jpg

yes i know it's ifunny sue me

No worries, this got me to chuckle.


Doomguy666 said:
I shot someone named vanossgaming in titanfall 2. I don't know who that is but the name sounded familiar so I remembered it.

Hmm. Probably a fan then.

I also find videogamedunkey and Jontron to be hilarious.


JonTron. How could I even forget him.


People who purposely get communities angry, and the communities get infuriated, despite the clear fact that they're giving the reaction the troll's want.

They're pretty much saying "Hey bitch! Get mad at me!" And then they get mad at them. It's pretty funny to watch.


wieners and boobers


Chameloshi said:
Non-game-breaking glitches, like when you shoot a bad guy, they die, then their body starts spazzing out into impossible positions and getting stuck in solid objects.

Or Skate 3.

that happened when i killed my first magitek mech in FFXV the other day. i killed it, one of the legs got caught on the rough terrain (well, when is the terrain NOT rough in FFXV?) and stretched out a good distance before the mech blew up (word of advice: when you kill a magitek mech and it falls down, back off before it goes off like a ticking time bomb. those things can get you even when they die.)

another thing that's glitchy in this game is the reflections on water. particularly large bodies of water. sometimes the reflection will show terrain on the other side of the body of water but the image will be really stretched and freaky looking. i'm hoping this 1.04 update fixes that as it's a bit disturbing to look at for long. :/

tbh, i've played worse games before but this one really is a new low for final fantasy...un a good number of ways. like, it's not too bad but it's just so...different from what you would normally expect of a main series FF game. that's likely one of the main reasons no one likes it that much, it's just too different.


treos said:
that happened when i killed my first magitek mech in FFXV the other day. i killed it, one of the legs got caught on the rough terrain (well, when is the terrain NOT rough in FFXV?) and stretched out a good distance before the mech blew up (word of advice: when you kill a magitek mech and it falls down, back off before it goes off like a ticking time bomb. those things can get you even when they die.)

another thing that's glitchy in this game is the reflections on water. particularly large bodies of water. sometimes the reflection will show terrain on the other side of the body of water but the image will be really stretched and freaky looking. i'm hoping this 1.04 update fixes that as it's a bit disturbing to look at for long. :/

tbh, i've played worse games before but this one really is a new low for final fantasy...un a good number of ways. like, it's not too bad but it's just so...different from what you would normally expect of a main series FF game. that's likely one of the main reasons no one likes it that much, it's just too different.

Final Fantasy's theme is "RPG, in different engines." It makes sense that they change things up.


Nothing I've become this guy


Furrin_Gok said:
Final Fantasy's theme is "RPG, in different engines." It makes sense that they change things up.

yeah, i guess so. they might want to work on this "open world" thing a bit more before trying it again though as this one isn't simply an open world but rather an open world with walls and white walls.

it's also not as big as skyrim's map...by quite a bit. i think this games map is somewhere around 10-20 miles across and a bit less going north to south. kinda small for what's said to be a continent early in the game. theres some interesting locations of course but exploration is rather limited with so much blocked by white walls. it'll likely open up as i progress of course but as of chapter 3 (before unlocking the chocobo which i actually forgot about. O_O; OOPS, sorry, my cute birdy friends! i'll rescue you just as soon as i finish this dungeon.) theres not all that much to do.

climbed up a volcano earlier which was pretty fun. not too tough despite the enemies all being 3-8 lvls above me at the time. so, while limited, theres some nice places to explore.


treos said:
yeah, i guess so. they might want to work on this "open world" thing a bit more before trying it again though as this one isn't simply an open world but rather an open world with walls and white walls.

it's also not as big as skyrim's map...by quite a bit. i think this games map is somewhere around 10-20 miles across and a bit less going north to south. kinda small for what's said to be a continent early in the game. theres some interesting locations of course but exploration is rather limited with so much blocked by white walls. it'll likely open up as i progress of course but as of chapter 3 (before unlocking the chocobo which i actually forgot about. O_O; OOPS, sorry, my cute birdy friends! i'll rescue you just as soon as i finish this dungeon.) theres not all that much to do.

climbed up a volcano earlier which was pretty fun. not too tough despite the enemies all being 3-8 lvls above me at the time. so, while limited, theres some nice places to explore.

Well, maybe they're pulling a Roxas and giving you a really huge tutorial.


Furrin_Gok said:
Well, maybe they're pulling a Roxas and giving you a really huge tutorial.

i rather doubt that to be the case as i'm now around 1/3 through the game if i'm not mistaken. o_O or you may be right. just did a quick ctrl+F (skipping spoilers and whatnot) on a guide and it looks like you eventually get an airship so maybe the map does expand at some point. and if it doesn't even after getting the airship i will be quite disappointed. :/


treos said:
just did a quick ctrl+F (skipping spoilers and whatnot) on a guide

Looking up walkthroughs instead of discovering it for yourself. Naughty naughty.


treos said:
i rather doubt that to be the case as i'm now around 1/3 through the game if i'm not mistaken. o_O or you may be right. just did a quick ctrl+F (skipping spoilers and whatnot) on a guide and it looks like you eventually get an airship so maybe the map does expand at some point. and if it doesn't even after getting the airship i will be quite disappointed. :/

"One third" doesn't say much, it's Final Fantasy. Take Final Fantasy 6, "One third" is actually the entire world, and yet you still have two full worlds unexplored.