BlueDingo said:
So you wanna date someone?

Dating implies the purpose of getting into a relationship. The kind we commonly think of when we hear that word. A relationship have expectations like living together, spending money on each other, having sex. Stuff you are "supposed to do". A friendship is a lot more free from public expectations which is one of the reasons why I value it higher. A friendship isn't artificially held together.

BlueDingo
Privileged
7 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

You do know that a friendship is a type of relationship, right? Not all relationships are intimate or romantic ones. Besides, you don't have to be in or get into an intimate relationship to date. And if the word "date" is off-putting, just call it an outing or a meeting or something.


BlueDingo said:
You do know that a friendship is a type of relationship, right? Not all relationships are intimate or romantic ones. Besides, you don't have to be in or get into an intimate relationship to date. And if the word "date" is off-putting, just call it an outing or a meeting or something.

True, but you're picking too much on the word. There's a reason why we don't use the word relationship with friendships. And yes, I'm picky on the word date. It carries baggage in my opinion.


Sorrowless said:
I'm feeling a little sad right now. I wish I had someone I could be intimate with. Not necessarily a relationship but a hybrid in between. One you could cuddle, talk and hang out with. One you could be romantic with but not necessarily include sex.

Does this make sense? Is this an unrealistic thing to wish for? Let me know what you think.

I'm sort of in that boat too. A lot of people can't understand the difference between romance and sexuality, and it leads to misunderstandings.


Sorrowless said:
True, but you're picking too much on the word. There's a reason why we don't use the word relationship with friendships. And yes, I'm picky on the word date. It carries baggage in my opinion.

Actually, I'd say you are the one picking on the word. "Platonic relationships" is a real phrase that commonly gets said, to the point of recognizing it even without the word platonic.


Furrin_Gok said:
Actually, I'd say you are the one picking on the word. "Platonic relationships" is a real phrase that commonly gets said, to the point of recognizing it even without the word platonic.

I don't know. To me, if someone asks another if they're in a relationship they're basically asking if they have a boy/girlfriend.


I'm not sure platonic relationship is the right word. Is there a name for a relationship which includes being physical with each other? Sex could be a thing but let's say it isn't since it easily takes a relationship to a different level.


I mean honestly if you're not friends with your significant other ANYWAY I think any sort of relationship you might have with them is doomed.

That's a mistake a lot of people make, trying to get romantically involved with someone because they're 'hot' or 'interesting' and not really getting to know and like them as a person.


Sorrowless said:
I'm not sure platonic relationship is the right word. Is there a name for a relationship which includes being physical with each other? Sex could be a thing but let's say it isn't since it easily takes a relationship to a different level.

Well, not everyone has sex with someone they're in a relationship with. Until recently, most places called that a spouse.

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/how-white-are-you-really

Attempting to do surveys* like this and responding to the majority of the questions with either:

  • I've never watched/listened to that show/song before.
  • I've never seen/heard of this person/thing before.
  • Does it count if I was forced to do it? (then answering "no" via technicality.)
  • What does this have to do with the topic of this survey?

Needless to say, I scored very low on this survey.

Survey: Have you ever eaten soup from a bread bowl?
Me: What's a bread bowl? *googles* Oh, okay... No.

Survey: Wanted to live in Portland?
Me: I don't even know what continent that's on.

Survey: Used the hashtag #WhitePeopleProblems becaus-
Me: I don't use Twitter... And people still think I'm full of shit when I tell them that.

Survey: Gone square dancing?
Me: No. The "gone" part implies choice. I was forced to do it.

Survey: Rode a unicycle?
Me: Haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm willing to try, though.

Survey: Owned a pair of New Balance shoes?
Me: FINALLY, something I can answer yes to! Ahem... Yes.

My result: 6/100. This survey is terrible and too american-centric.

* I refuse to call this a quiz. "Quiz" implies there are right and wrong answers.


BlueDingo said:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/how-white-are-you-really

Attempting to do surveys* like this and responding to the majority of the questions with either:

  • I've never watched/listened to that show/song before.
  • I've never seen/heard of this person/thing before.
  • Does it count if I was forced to do it? (then answering "no" via technicality.)
  • What does this have to do with the topic of this survey?

Needless to say, I scored very low on this survey.

Survey: Have you ever eaten soup from a bread bowl?
Me: What's a bread bowl? *googles* Oh, okay... No.

Survey: Wanted to live in Portland?
Me: I don't even know what continent that's on.

Survey: Used the hashtag #WhitePeopleProblems becaus-
Me: I don't use Twitter... And people still think I'm full of shit when I tell them that.

Survey: Gone square dancing?
Me: No. The "gone" part implies choice. I was forced to do it.

Survey: Rode a unicycle?
Me: Haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm willing to try, though.

Survey: Owned a pair of New Balance shoes?
Me: FINALLY, something I can answer yes to! Ahem... Yes.

My result: 6/100. This survey is terrible and too american-centric.

* I refuse to call this a quiz. "Quiz" implies there are right and wrong answers.

I'm American and White enough that people used to think I was just an albino who dyed my hair, and the only one of the examples there I can answer yes to is the bread bowl.


BlueDingo said:
an online quiz...

is a bread bowl where you bake some bread in the shape of a bowl to eat out of? that sounds pretty soggy and messy if your using one for soup.

*google* huh, i guess you can eat soup from such a bowl. cool

twitter...or did you mean shitter? not much difference from what i've seen mentioned on youtube.

pretty sure i heard sargon mention buzzzfeed's "quizzes" in either this or last weeks TWiS. jokingly that is.


treos said:
is a bread bowl where you bake some bread in the shape of a bowl to eat out of? that sounds pretty soggy and messy if your using one for soup.

*google* huh, i guess you can eat soup from such a bowl. cool

You bake the bread regularly, then hollow it out. You take the pieces removed from hollowing it and you use that to dunk in the soup. It's a single-use thing, but it'd be a waste of bread if it weren't. If you take a bit too long, worst case scenario, it's flavored garlic bread.

I've had one at Panera. Some advice: Don't get them at Panera. It's expensive as fuck. Just make a regular sphere-ish loaf of bread, hollow it, and put soup in it. You'll save yourself a lot of time and money. In fact, do that instead of any option that is currently Panera. Some stuff they charge 8 dollars for could be found on a kid's menu somewhere else for 2 dollars and be twice as big.


The fact that the Nintendo Switch is $470 here in Australia. :(

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

BlackLicorice said:
The fact that the Nintendo Switch is $470 here in Australia. :(

At least it's not $1000 like the PS3 was at launch.


Bread bowl. I've never had one, but I thought about it.

My idiosyncrasies pushed my score to 15/100, and yet I still earned the Not White trophy. I can't even.

The white is the only thing we need.


Life

Snowy
Privileged
5 months ago
ambiguous_gender annoyed anthro cute dragon frill grumpy helvetica_(artist) lol_comments membranous_wings purple_scales rar scales scalie scowl smoke solo spade_tail wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 16
User: Anomynous
Date: October 10, 2007

BlueDingo said:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/how-white-are-you-really

Attempting to do surveys* like this and responding to the majority of the questions with either:

  • I've never watched/listened to that show/song before.
  • I've never seen/heard of this person/thing before.
  • Does it count if I was forced to do it? (then answering "no" via technicality.)
  • What does this have to do with the topic of this survey?

Needless to say, I scored very low on this survey.

Survey: Have you ever eaten soup from a bread bowl?
Me: What's a bread bowl? *googles* Oh, okay... No.

Survey: Wanted to live in Portland?
Me: I don't even know what continent that's on.

Survey: Used the hashtag #WhitePeopleProblems becaus-
Me: I don't use Twitter... And people still think I'm full of shit when I tell them that.

Survey: Gone square dancing?
Me: No. The "gone" part implies choice. I was forced to do it.

Survey: Rode a unicycle?
Me: Haven't had the opportunity yet. I'm willing to try, though.

Survey: Owned a pair of New Balance shoes?
Me: FINALLY, something I can answer yes to! Ahem... Yes.

My result: 6/100. This survey is terrible and too american-centric.

As an American person who is right on the edge between a I and II on the Fitzpatrick scale: 9/100 for a solid "not white". Hmm. Though I did answer yes to square dancing despite not really having a choice, so call it 8/100 for comparison with your score.


BlueDingo said:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mrloganrhoades/how-white-are-you-really

I got "You checked off 4 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.

Congratulations, you are NOT white! You're the first of your friends to perfect a new dance move and never have to worry about what level of SPF you should use."

I'm white


I'm easily being depress,
and it run in the family,
mostly the male side.

My uncle committed suicide a long time ago
and my Dad had thoughts of it.

and I had thoughts and attempts to do them.

I give up easily too, when I don't want to.


notawerewolf said:
I got "You checked off 4 out of 100 possible white people scenarios.

Congratulations, you are NOT white! You're the first of your friends to perfect a new dance move and never have to worry about what level of SPF you should use."

I'm white

They go into SPF? Wow. Never mind I have had at least one incident where a sunburn caused me to literally fit myself like a glove and the aforementioned inability of some to realize that skin isn't the only thing to determine albinism.


New study says most men will be infertile by 2060

i guess this is bad news... i would say that's debatable nowadays. what with all the other bad shit happening in this world.

also, cringe warning for awful jokes that aren't at all funny.


stalkerd said:
I'm easily being depress,
and it run in the family,
mostly the male side.

My uncle committed suicide a long time ago
and my Dad had thoughts of it.

and I had thoughts and attempts to do them.

I give up easily too, when I don't want to.

For what its worth, I suffer from the same thing.
It's even worse when you have no one to talk too at all and the prospects of daily life make me want to kill myself the more I have to deal with them. Frankly, death seems far more interesting when you consider how unlucky and bleak reality really is for some people.