JoeX said:
WTF?! http://m.imgur.com/aNctwh6?r

"This toolbar keeps the product free for everyone." Suggests that Bing is sponsoring them well enough that encouraging the installation of their product is worthwhile to whoever the devs of that product are.

Strongbird
Contributor
2 months ago

Furrin_Gok said:
"This toolbar keeps the product free for everyone." Suggests that Bing is sponsoring them well enough that encouraging the installation of their product is worthwhile to whoever the devs of that product are.

On the other hand, you'll often see these kinds of product promotions added to installers if they're hosted on skeevier websites like Sourcefourge, which are known to modify installation files without the consent of the original developer(s). Shady, yes, but unfortunately there's nothing stopping them from making a couple more dollars while tarnishing free software devs' reputation.

GAMING at 16K RESOLUTION?? – HOLY $H!T

this obsession with ever higher resolutions and video quality needs to DIE!

hey, bluedingo, want a nightmare? this here video can be viewed in 2160p quality at max. that makes the highest quality version of this video... 1.70GB!

how long would it take your internet connection to buffer all of that? cause i'd be waiting at least a week for half of it.

and the way the people running that channel show off all that fancy hardware leads me to believe that they are the type of people with more $$$ than brains.

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

treos said:
GAMING at 16K RESOLUTION?? – HOLY $H!T

this obsession with ever higher resolutions and video quality needs to DIE!

hey, bluedingo, want a nightmare? this here video can be viewed in 2160p quality at max. that makes the highest quality version of this video... 1.70GB!

how long would it take your internet connection to buffer all of that? cause i'd be waiting at least a week for half of it.

I'm not dumb enough to try, but it would likely take me many hours to download.

treos said:
and the way the people running that channel show off all that fancy hardware leads me to believe that they are the type of people with more $$$ than brains.

Someone really should get around to making an ascii remake of Skyrim or something just to trigger the graphic snobs. They're striving for insanely high graphic quality while I'm playing something that looks like this and laughing at all the HD space they're wasting on fancy graphics.

BlueDingo said:
Someone really should get around to making an ascii remake of Skyrim or something just to trigger the graphic snobs. They're striving for insanely high graphic quality while I'm playing something that looks like this and laughing at all the HD space they're wasting on fancy graphics.

o_O Xom? what game is that and who is this dark lord you are serving? also, does it have a version with...real graphics?

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

treos said:
o_O Xom? what game is that and who is this dark lord you are serving? also, does it have a version with...real graphics?

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. And yes, there is a version with 'real' graphics.

When I go into the bathroom and I see a small cockroach in the toilet and it crawls up beneath the rim in a place where the flushing water can't get to it for some reason.

That irrationally pisses me off.

BlueDingo said:
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. And yes, there is a version with 'real' graphics.

oh, ok. yeah, i haven't played that in quite a while.

Great. Just fucking great. We have an ant infestation! We had one last year, and I was hoping to avoid another one, but nope. The little fuckers are invading my home. Thankfully, we have ant spray. I hope it works!

BlueDingo said:

You mean Dwarf Fortress?

JoeX said:
Great. Just fucking great. We have an ant infestation! We had one last year, and I was hoping to avoid another one, but nope. The little fuckers are invading my home. Thankfully, we have ant spray. I hope it works!

Eeeps. Happened to me twice so far.

JoeX said:

If you find where they're entering at, smear a circle of chemical around it. The chemical will upset their pheromone senses and they'll mark it as a bad direction to go.

Furrin_Gok said:
If you find where they're entering at, smear a circle of chemical around it. The chemical will upset their pheromone senses and they'll mark it as a bad direction to go.

or spray some of that home defense stuff around where they're coming in from. that oughta stop 'em.

Genjar
Former Staff
2 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 244
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Furrin_Gok said:
If you find where they're entering at, smear a circle of chemical around it.

Yep. If you use sprays, it'll just keep happening every year.

Baking soda works fine for emergencies, and isn't terribly messy. But it's easiest to just track down where they come from, and fill the holes with something like silicon sealant. They hate that stuff.

Genjar said:
Yep. If you use sprays, it'll just keep happening every year.

Baking soda works fine for emergencies, and isn't terribly messy. But it's easiest to just track down where they come from, and fill the holes with something like silicon sealant. They hate that stuff.

Furrin_Gok said:

Actually, I have some good news! I haven't seen any ants in a few hours. I think the spray put a stop to their invasion. What I thought was an infestation turned out to be a small group of scouts.
It's been raining here lately and it sometimes forces them inside.

bad voice acting in RPG Let's Plays.

the commentary is fine and is a normal part of Let's Plays but can we lose the bad voice acting attempts please?

and this mainly happens with older games that don't already have voice acting to go with the text. some people are good at it, like tyrannicon, but others...or rather most let's players... please, just stop already. you're nowhere near as good as you might think you are.

all the bad voice acting does is make me want to mute the video and/or just go look for a different Let's Play of the game in question where the person playing it doesn't do the voice over for the text. at least that would be less cringy if nothing else.

edit: Michelle Carter 2.5 Year Prison Sentence For Manslaughter

well, feminists wanted equality. too bad that equality meant superiority and apparently FAR less severe punishments for crimes compared to males.

BlueDingo said:
Another man forced to pay child support for kid that isn't his

And people wonder why MGTOWs exist.

Gold digging without benefits.

One thing not mentioned in the video is the effect it had on the man's current wife or kids. Probably angry at him at first and now angry for him and facing a decrease in net worth.

BlueDingo said:
Another man forced to pay child support for kid that isn't his

And people wonder why MGTOWs exist.

MGTOW and...

Lance_Armstrong said:
One thing not mentioned in the video is the effect it had on the man's current wife or kids.

feminism leading to the increased lack of care about what happens to men and their kids.

quite the delightful end result that combination leads to, huh?

and yet feminists complain about misogyny... is it any wonder why so many people hate feminists these days? they are their own worst enemy and at the same time turn everyone against them. though that applies to pretty much any major movement these days.

between this and that woman getting 2.5 years for talking her boyfriend into committing suicide, i think it's plain to see that the US legal system is fucked in a good number of ways.

oh and i just remembered something else uh...where was that video again... ah here it is.

ZombieGoBoom is suing youtube as a result of the Adpocalypse (googles fail algorithm shit or something. i don't remember at the moment.) affecting theirs and many others ad revenue and livelihoods (for those who rely on youtube for their main source of income. probably not the smartest move but whatever.).

> We Support Equal Rights™

> M*n are PIGS! KILL ALL M*N!

Feminists make me angry. Especially TERFs.

The sheer amount of misogyny in this thread triggers me.

Why can't the stupid men understand that women are strong, indepent and don't need men but at the same time they're poor, helpless victims who need men to save them from other men?

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago

BlackLicorice said:
> M*n are PIGS! KILL ALL M*N!

Yeah, masterisken are the worst.

You guys need to chill out with the political talk.

I just got a call from one of those IRS scammers. It was an automated call telling me the IRS put out a lawsuit against me. They said it was the final notice. The caller ID even said Washington, D.C. They were expecting my mother to pick up, expecting her to be gullible, but she saw right through their bullshit. It makes me so angry that these fuckwits prey on innocent people in an attempt to get money from them. It's a federal crime, and I hope these bastards are found and thrown in prison. It's absolutely disgusting.

JoeX said:
I just got a call from one of those IRS scammers. It was an automated call telling me the IRS put out a lawsuit against me. They said it was the final notice. The caller ID even said Washington, D.C. They were expecting my mother to pick up, expecting her to be gullible, but she saw right through their bullshit. It makes me so angry that these fuckwits prey on innocent people in an attempt to get money from them. It's a federal crime, and I hope these bastards are found and thrown in prison. It's absolutely disgusting.

Completely agree. Lack of empathy in it is sad

Genjar
Former Staff
2 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 244
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Fishing minigames. I'm talking about those mind-numbingly dull ones where you have to wait for the fish to nibble, then quickly reel it in.

It feels like these are mandatory for modern RPGs and life simulators. I'm too old for this kind of reflex-based nonsense. Thanks for ruining an otherwise good game, devs.

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago

Genjar said:
Fishing minigames. I'm talking about those mind-numbingly dull ones where you have to wait for the fish to nibble, then quickly reel it in.

It feels like these are mandatory for modern RPGs and life simulators. Thanks for ruining an otherwise good game, devs.

It's not so bad when they're completely optional and don't really have anything worth getting, but yeah, they are annoying.

Eg. You don't need the Golden Scale in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time at all unless you want every single heart piece, so why bother fishing for it?

Genjar said:

It feels like these are mandatory for modern RPGs and life simulators. I'm too old for this kind of reflex-based nonsense. Thanks for ruining an otherwise good game, devs.

I kind of like them in the breath of fire minigames, where you actually have shadows to aim for, and have to reel it in at the right rate (represented by the bar). They're also optional for the most part (3 has a part where you need a specific fish to make sushi for a fish-hater), so if you don't want to sit around casually fishing, you can run around fighting monsters instead.

The fact that I can't play overwatch because lucioball has totally bricked my game.
Come on Blizzard, you know better.