BlueDingo said:
Laundry machine and washing machine mean the same thing. Perhaps she's talking about a washer-dryer which does both?

A laundry machine just means a machine for laundry, either a washer or dryer, referring to both as a singular, or your linked.


BlueDingo said:
They also avoid revealing who exactly is doing most of the FGM and who is doing the most extreme forms of MGM. Here's a hint.

▼ comments on the video

12:36 2nd and 3rd pics: wtf? wow, talk about taking things to the extreme.

14:24 holy fuck, that sounds like the stuff nightmares would be made of. ಠ_ಠ i'm glad tl;dr didn't have any actual images of that to show. might make even me sick to my stomach if i saw something THAT bad.

14:52 wtf? you risk the death penalty for failing to undergo something extremely brutal...no, nevermind that comment. it's...it's the middle east, i should expect that much from such a place. moving on...

subincision...dude... wtf is wrong with you people?

17:25 well, ok, i guess the whole "primitive" thing can be used to explain those beliefs...somewhat. still quite f'ed up though. and...familiar sounding...

17:55 WOAH! am i hearing this right? O_O irl pedophilia penis_in_penis sex acts involving underage males? damn, australia... can't say i've heard of something like that happening irl before.

19:04 and wtf stuff

21:03 o_O natural urges are a "habit"? well, ok. i mean, the dude was crazy.

21:34 let's see... f'ed up, cruel, sadistic, completely insane...did i miss anything?

"Asylum for feeble minded children" not sure i even want to know. cruelty is likely a given i imagine.

disorder? geez, just how f'ed up was that man?

21:35 uh...primitive medical science and likely an era in which "quacks" were common.

23:47 oh goody, there's the idiotic "morality" claim.

23:52 actually, it likely INCREASES the chances of penile cancer (among other things like STDs and other unpleasant afflictions).

24:00 R. W. Cockshot? nice last name. lol but seriously, how many of these nutters did this for religion?

24:15 *looks down* if you were never circumcised, pinch yourself down there. if you WERE, same task. tell which of the 2 hurts more and we'll know who still has nerves in the part of their body and who...yeah... this claim is a flat out LIE and should NEVER be believed.

26:50 i'm sorry, WHAT?! it took mankind HUNDREDS of years to realize THAT? holy fuck, humanity is STUPID!

26:54 i dunno about god but this leads me to call into question how much your parents love you if they would allow you to suffer through such a traumatic experience.

31:07 no, it should be called what it is, mutilation.

31:42 -_- idiots

32:52 cause...that's exactly what it is.

i feel sorry for anyone whose parents allowed this to happen to.

"of course we love you. we'd never let anything bad happen to you."

right...of course you wouldn't, mom & dad...of course not. >.>

the more i learn about this...and what i was too young to remember (oh, thank goodness for that small miracle...kinda) the more it makes me hate those that perpetuate such practices and the more the knowledge sickens me.

oh, i have a reminder of my own as to why this should be stopped and why there is NO good reason for it at all.


BlueDingo said:
Washing machines dry clothes now? Every washing machine I've ever used leaves clothes slightly damp.

Laundry machines are all machines that do laundry. This includes dryers.


Siral_Exan said:
A laundry machine just means a machine for laundry, either a washer or dryer, referring to both as a singular, or your linked.

InannaEloah said:
Laundry machines are all machines that do laundry. This includes dryers.

I always thought they were the same thing... Oh well. Thanks for the correction.

The question still remains: Were you referring to a dryer or a washer-dryer?


treos said:
the fact that whenever the topic of genital mutilation (circumcision) comes up in the news there's rarely ever so much as a mention of the male side of the topic.

That's because being anti-MGM is labeled as "Anti-Semitic" because Jews do it to their boys and we wouldn't want to offend "God's Chosen."

i was reading through one of Gatestones monthly multiculturalism articles earlier this morning and noticed this in lengthy list of topics:

"March 7. The National Health Service (NHS) revealed that there were 2,332 new cases of female genital mutilation (FGM) in Britain between October and December 2016. That brought the total of new cases in 2016 to nearly 5,500."

not even the slightest hint of MGM statistics anywhere and they DO know it happens to both males and females. if there's one thing i definitely find offensive, it's that willful ignorance regarding a horrible, completely unnecessary, medical procedure.

A few years ago I read an article on a medical experiment that was done which proved that MGM is actually excrutiatingly painful and torturous to infant boys. It was deemed "unethical" and the people who did the experiment were ordered to destroy the results or lose their jobs. MGM is the sacred cow of a lot of people's religious traditions, and they're not about to let hard evidence that MGM is cruel and unnecessary get in the way of their continued use of this barbaric practice in order to please their deity.

and it doesn't matter which source the news comes from, it's almost always focused entirely on the female side of the problem.

Favoritism of the female sex is nothing new in this regard. The same thing can be said about domestic abuse and rape: the victims are almost universally depicted as females and not males despite the mountains of evidence that show that this is simply not the case.

BlueDingo said:
I always thought they were the same thing... Oh well. Thanks for the correction.

The question still remains: Were you referring to a dryer or a washer-dryer?

You're welcome. And I was referring specifically to the dryer.


InannaEloah said:
That's because being anti-MGM is labeled as "Anti-Semitic" because Jews do it to their boys and we wouldn't want to offend "God's Chosen."

What are the odds that stopping someone from performing FGM would earn you the label "Anti-Islamic" or "Racist"?


Don't use the initialisms MGM and FGM. Spell it out every time: Male genital mutilation. Female genital mutilation.


Lance_Armstrong said:
Don't use the initialisms MGM and FGM. Spell it out every time: Male genital mutilation. Female genital mutilation.

acronyms and...ok


Lance_Armstrong said:
Don't use the initialisms MGM and FGM. Spell it out every time: Male genital mutilation. Female genital mutilation.

Why? We all know what these initials mean (unless you can somehow mistake male circumcision for Metro Goldwyn Mayer), and they're heckuva lot easier to write out than the full names.


InannaEloah said:
Why? We all know what these initials mean (unless you can somehow mistake male circumcision for Metro Goldwyn Mayer), and they're heckuva lot easier to write out than the full names.

It has more impact. Someone has to read or hear GENITAL MUTILATION each time.


Lance_Armstrong said:
It has more impact. Someone has to read or hear GENITAL MUTILATION each time.

But this is just a forum, and we're just talking about stuff casually, it's not like we're in a debate or anything like that. Also, too much spelling things out will lessen the impact that you desire.


InannaEloah said:
Why? We all know what these initials mean (unless you can somehow mistake male circumcision for Metro Goldwyn Mayer), and they're heckuva lot easier to write out than the full names.

Liar. I was confused until I actually read the phrase "Genital Mutilation." True, Treos started off with the entirety of the phrase, but the first thing I saw was the abbreviation because capital letters stand out.

Also doesn't help that it's on the previous page.


Furrin_Gok said:
Liar.

Yeah, no.


InannaEloah said:
Yeah, no.

You used an absolute "we all know...", which is incorrect since not everyone knew. You could call it a lie since it is not the truth, but I wouldn't call it a lie personally.


Siral_Exan said:
You used an absolute "we all know...", which is incorrect since not everyone knew. You could call it a lie since it is not the truth, but I wouldn't call it a lie personally.

Pretty much, yeah. "Liar" was perhaps a bit strong for a joke, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


The important thing here is that Fan Girl Modelling and Male Garment Maculation are wrong and need to stop.


Fenrick said:
Absolutely. Now, I do think that the benefits of nuclear power are often overstated and its flaws ignored by its proponents, but that's probably because if they give an inch, their opposition would take a mile.

Everyone makes a big deal about nuclear waste, but honestly, solid waste held in a fenced-in location in the middle of the desert is not nearly as bad as pumping countless tons of coal into the air we and everything else breathes. The long-term effects of nuclear power are not going to bite anyone in the ass if there's no one left for them to affect. It pisses me off that so many environmentalists have opposing nuclear above coal on their agenda.

And fluid fuel reactors get rid of that specific downside, plus a ton more.


InannaEloah said:
Yeah, no.

I thought he was talking about a film company. That's not a joke. I thought a film company made something overly violent and maybe upset someone before clicking the link.

treos said:
if you were never circumcised, pinch yourself down there. if you WERE, same task. tell which of the 2 hurts more and we'll know who still has nerves in the part of their body and who...yeah... this claim is a flat out LIE and should NEVER be believed.

I was, and the nerves are still there. Wearing the wrong size underwear feels like walking around with a sandpaper loincloth. And you know how they say you never remember things before you're 4? That's also a myth. That little experience was the second earliest memory. Considering what exactly is happening, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who don't remember are just repressing a traumatic experience.


I think I'm missing something. Do some people really circumcise kids without anesthesia? Or are you talking about poor countries?

Also I've never heard any circumcised person complain about it before. Weird.


Siral_Exan said:
You used an absolute "we all know...", which is incorrect since not everyone knew. You could call it a lie since it is not the truth, but I wouldn't call it a lie personally.

Oh, that's right, I forgot. You can't use a commonly used term on the Internet and expect not to get called a liar by someone who refuses to understand the concept of slang. Gotta be dictionary-perfect in everything you say or you're a liar and you've said a bad word or three. Good gawd.


InannaEloah said:
Oh, that's right, I forgot. You can't use a commonly used term on the Internet and expect not to get called a liar by someone who refuses to understand the concept of slang. Gotta be dictionary-perfect in everything you say or you're a liar and you've said a bad word or three. Good gawd.

... really? I even implied that I thought it a tad much, yet I'm the one you respond to?

It's shit like this, when a person targets a third party for trying to help, that ruins my mood (since we're on the angry thread).


Sycamorph said:
Also I've never heard any circumcised person complain about it before. Weird.

The reality is that circumcision isn't typically as crippling as some people make it out to be. The exaggerated arguments people make ("your dick is broken forever and your life will never be what it could have been" when it actually works just fine and affects almost nothing) are not going to win people who are on the fence over who know that this is false and it is mostly preaching to the choir.

That said, nothing really justifies making that kind of permanent choice on someone else's behalf. I'd still take issue even with people piercing babies' ears.


Sycamorph said:
I think I'm missing something. Do some people really circumcise kids without anesthesia? Or are you talking about poor countries?

Also I've never heard any circumcised person complain about it before. Weird.

I had anesthesia. It just didn't do what it was supposed to do. I probably looked like I was unconscious, but the reality was I just couldn't move anything. I don't know if they use a different anesthetic now or something because the only other time I had surgery it worked as it's supposed to. I don't know why the first didn't work.


kamimatsu said:
Considering what exactly is happening, I wouldn't be surprised if the people who don't remember are just repressing a traumatic experience.

that could easily be true given how horrible the procedure is.

Sycamorph said:
I think I'm missing something. Do some people really circumcise kids without anesthesia?

that's usually how it'd go.

Also I've never heard any circumcised person complain about it before. Weird.

well, 1. it's kinda embarrassing (i kinda got past that once i started talking about it more. >.>) and 2. it's unpleasant to think about for too long. so maybe that's why or maybe they're under the delusion that it's somehow better than not having that done to them.


Siral_Exan said:
... really? I even implied that I thought it a tad much, yet I'm the one you respond to?

It's shit like this, when a person targets a third party for trying to help, that ruins my mood (since we're on the angry thread).

Getting on my case for "using an absolute" on the Internet of all places doesn't seem like "helping" to me.

Also, you're not "the one" I responded to. I've responded to others about this already.


"Antifascists." If you're "anti-fascism," it means you're *AGAINST* fascism, not for it. Acting like a fascist douchebag then turning around and calling yourself an "antifascist" is idiotic. It's like blaming Whitey for all your problems and then turning around and saying you're "anti-racist." NO YOU ARE NOT ANTI-RACIST, to be an anti-racist you need to STOP BEHAVING LIKE A RACIST.


What makes me angry? Road ragers, social justice warriors, wasted time, when people pull stuff out of their ass and pass it off as "facts", and when others believe their BS.


Plum_Pudding said:
What makes me angry? Road ragers, social justice warriors, wasted time, when people pull stuff out of their ass and pass it off as "facts", and when others believe their BS.

What do you mean with wasted time?


People who mislabel things online and then get all bent out of shape when you remind them that wanting to commit a crime is not the same thing as actually committing the crime.

Twitter right now they've got some dipshit claiming that pedophilia is fucking kids... and no, it's actually not. It's wanting to fuck kids, but it is not actually fucking kids.

Also, I hate that I feel this godawful obligation to correct people, especially when it comes to such a hotbutton topic as this, because I guarantee that I will be labeled a pedo for daring to correct these morons.


InannaEloah said:
Also, I hate that I feel this godawful obligation to correct people, especially when it comes to such a hotbutton topic as this, because I guarantee that I will be labeled a pedo for daring to correct these morons.

ugh, hate it when that happens. what kind of opponent are you up against this time? is it yet another of those who can't separate fiction from irl? cause we all know how fun they are. >.>

and on an unrelated note, i saw someone try and use the word "atheist" as an insult in a comment on youtube earlier. that was a first for me.