Furrin_Gok said:
I thought they just forced it back on to you. Maybe they realized some were stolen, or
That may be another possibility. Do they actually harass you over that?
Are we talking about old Skyrim or the Enhanced one? Never played the latter, and it's been a while since the former.

The former. I don't really give much thought to the remake when my current build, Mods inclus, Loks and performs better than the SSE for the most part. :P

Hell, Some NPCs will even react favorably to dropped suits of armor and might even approach you to ask if it's okay to have it. :P Try dropping stormcloak armor near anyone with.. Favorable leanings towards that faction.

i wonder if anyone might ever make a skyrim mod that lets you craft custom spells.

ಠ_ಠ then those of us who dislike the racism could craft magical nukes and wipe Ulfric Stormcloak AND his whole capital city off the map (or at least all the people in it). just like i would sometimes do in morrowind.

o_O save up like 100k+ then max the range and damage on a projectile spell with all damage types (fire, ice, lightning, poison, pain...that's one helluva painful combination to get blindsided with i bet.) and throw it at say...vivec from several miles away. those poor people wouldn't know what happened till it's too late.

treos said:
i wonder if anyone might ever make a skyrim mod that lets you craft custom spells.

ಠ_ಠ then those of us who dislike the racism could craft magical nukes and wipe Ulfric Stormcloak AND his whole capital city off the map (or at least all the people in it). just like i would sometimes do in morrowind.

"Ulfric and the Stormcloaks are rayciss!"

*conveniently ignores the fact that you can join and advance to the highest echelons of the Stormcloaks as a non-Nord*

*conveniently ignores the fact that ACTUAL FUCKING RACIAL SUPREMACISTS (the Thalmor) are more or less dictating policy to the Imperials*

Skyrim belongs to the Nords, Talos is a god, and Ulfric did nothing wrong. Go lick Thalmor boots some more.

Chameloshi said:
He's 27 and I'm 22, yet it feels like I'm the more mature sibling.

Some brother you have. Not being able to figure out things yourself is not a quality I look up to. Why do you stick around and even help him? I don't like the idea of giving relatives special treatment just because of the invisible bond between you. It's tribalistic.

Sorrowless said:
Some brother you have. Not being able to figure out things yourself is not a quality I look up to. Why do you stick around and even help him? I don't like the idea of giving relatives special treatment just because of the invisible bond between you. It's tribalistic.

I figured it would have gone without saying that somebody's being immature is not always grounds to completely alienate yourself from them. It is not tribalistic to [edit]not go and remove yourself from the life of a person who you've known your entire life and will almost certainly continue to spend time around for many years at the very least.

Sorrowless said:

Well, I'm pretty much stuck with him since he got himself into some pretty big trouble that doesn't allow him to live on his own (what he did to get there is something I can't discuss), so all I'm doing is putting up with him. He does help around the house with a job and being another working hand, so that's another reason I don't want him to leave. And he can figure out things himself, he's just too lazy to try and do it in video games.

Fenrick said:
I figured it would have gone without saying that somebody's being immature is not always grounds to completely alienate yourself from them. It is not tribalistic to try and remove yourself from the life of a person who you've known your entire life and will almost certainly continue to spend time around for many years at the very least.

I agree with this, his attitude and actions are not good enough reason for me to shun him outright. He may be irritating, but he's still my brother and part of the family. And I'm not the only one who puts up with him, so I'm not alone in this.

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings missing_sample navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 25
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

When people tag colours on images that have hardly any colour at all.

That is not black_and_white (it's purple_and_white) and doesn't have blonde_hair yet both were tagged (before I removed them).

In general, if I search black_and_white, I shouldn't see any colour besides black and white and maybe a tiny bit of grey for anti-aliasing and very thin lines unless it's multiple_images or something. Searching black_and_white with a hair or fur color besides black or white reveals several mistags.

I get angry when I'm at work, trying to do my job, and my coworker wont shut and keeps talking.

Eden_of_Time said:
I get angry when I'm at work, trying to do my job, and my coworker wont shut and keeps talking.

I know that feeling. Got a coworker, let's call her Dawn, who absolutely does not know the meaning of "shut the fuck up". She's not overly disagreeable otherwise, but my god the woman has fucking diarrhea of the mouth.

treos said:

A Fatman mod. *grins*

Fenrick said:
I figured it would have gone without saying that somebody's being immature is not always grounds to completely alienate yourself from them. It is not tribalistic to [edit]not go and remove yourself from the life of a person who you've known your entire life and will almost certainly continue to spend time around for many years at the very least.

I'm not saying you should alienate. Just that I don't like to idea of giving someone special treatment just because your genes are more similar.

Sorrowless said:
I'm not saying you should alienate. Just that I don't like to idea of giving someone special treatment just because your genes are more similar.

That is almost never the only thing siblings have in common

Actually, the more I think about it, you know what makes me mad?

Not so much the whole "STORMCLOAKS IS RAYCISS" shit, because I've heard that so fucking often before that it's just so much fucking pointless crap.

No, it's the whole "STORMCLOAKS IS RAYCISS SO I WANT TO KILL EVERYONE IN WINDHELM LOL THAT WILL SHOW THEM."

There are, like, 2 fucking NPCs in Windhelm who are genuinely fucking racist. There are also a bunch of Dunmer, a smattering of other non-Nord races, and quite a few Nords who really just want the Thalmor and their Imperial lapdogs to fuck off already.

If you want to be a virtual mass-murderer, fine. I don't really care. God knows I've done plenty of that in better games than Skyrim. But don't cloak your murderous bent in some kind of gormless attempt at virtue-signaling how NOT-RACIST you are. You might think you look like a real swell person, but I assure you that image does not project outwards quite as well as you think it does.

This obviously goes double - nay, triple - nay, QUADRUPLE for any REMOTELY similar situation involving real life. (Punching "nazis" might make you feel like a real big person, but I assure you that in actuality it reduces you to a fucking insignificant speck of a person, the kind of speck that most intelligent people wouldn't think twice about stepping on.)

YouWereNeverMyFriend said:
Actually, the more I think about it, you know what makes me mad?

Not so much the whole "STORMCLOAKS IS RAYCISS" shit, because I've heard that so fucking often before that it's just so much fucking pointless crap.

No, it's the whole "STORMCLOAKS IS RAYCISS SO I WANT TO KILL EVERYONE IN WINDHELM LOL THAT WILL SHOW THEM."

There are, like, 2 fucking NPCs in Windhelm who are genuinely fucking racist. There are also a bunch of Dunmer, a smattering of other non-Nord races, and quite a few Nords who really just want the Thalmor and their Imperial lapdogs to fuck off already.

If you want to be a virtual mass-murderer, fine. I don't really care. God knows I've done plenty of that in better games than Skyrim. But don't cloak your murderous bent in some kind of gormless attempt at virtue-signaling how NOT-RACIST you are. You might think you look like a real swell person, but I assure you that image does not project outwards quite as well as you think it does.

This obviously goes double - nay, triple - nay, QUADRUPLE for any REMOTELY similar situation involving real life. (Punching "nazis" might make you feel like a real big person, but I assure you that in actuality it reduces you to a fucking insignificant speck of a person, the kind of speck that most intelligent people wouldn't think twice about stepping on.)

My reason for being against them is twofold.

1. Ulfric's duel was against an ally, so Ulfric is showing that he has no interest in the cause itself. Just power.

2. (and this is also why I won't join the Imperials either) Neither side is smart enough to realize this is exactly what the Thalmor wanted. No. MORE than what the Thalmor wanted. Both sides are so stupid they can't tell they are both actively sabotaging their own goals every time they try to push them forward.

If you ask me, both Tullius and Ulfric are irresponsible and are entirely at fault for the inevitable defeat of Tamriel to the Thalmor. Should everyone else be killed as the Thalmor invade, may they both be spared and forced to watch as long as age permits.

kamimatsu said:
My reason for being against them is twofold.

1. Ulfric's duel was against an ally, so Ulfric is showing that he has no interest in the cause itself. Just power.

2. (and this is also why I won't join the Imperials either) Neither side is smart enough to realize this is exactly what the Thalmor wanted. No. MORE than what the Thalmor wanted. Both sides are so stupid they can't tell they are both actively sabotaging their own goals every time they try to push them forward.

If you ask me, both Tullius and Ulfric are irresponsible and are entirely at fault for the inevitable defeat of Tamriel to the Thalmor. Should everyone else be killed as the Thalmor invade, may they both be spared and forced to watch as long as age permits.

Calling Torygg an ally simply because he sympathized with Ulfric's sentiments somewhat is necessarily a mistake. Was Ulfric power-hungry? Yes. Power is what is needed to effect change. To call Ulfric power-hungry is to both state the obvious and miss the point entirely. Torygg may have continued to entertain the notion of letting Ulfric continue to speak without cutting his fucking head off because he had a modicum of respect for Ulfric's sheer ballsiness, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Torygg would have ever actually been persuaded to abandon the failing Empire. Also keep in mind that Ulfric DID NOT HAVE THE FUCKING TIME to sit around and chat with Torygg for however long it took in order to stir him to the desired course of action.

Tamriel was already lost to the Thalmor, frankly. Ulfric was just the kind of person who would rather die on his feet standing against them and their blatant insult to all of the races of man in the form of purging Talos from the Divines, than live on his knees in front of them.

I don't think enough people who play Skyrim actually realize that one point there, by the way: THE THALMOR HAVE ALREADY FUCKING WON. The Thalmor are ABSURDLY powerful, and they chose a time to rise to power in which NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY OPPOSE THEM. The only credible threat in Tamriel to their utter dominion by the time Skyrim takes place are the Argonians, and that's simply because The Black Marsh would be ridiculously difficult to fucking subjugate due to its incredibly hostile climate and geography, even for a group of borderline-demigod Altmer wizards and their Bosmeri lackeys. Nota bene that even the Empire never really fully cracked the nut known as the Black Marsh.

At this point in the story, unless Bethesda pulls another "LOL DRAGON BREAK GUISE" stunt, the only OTHER credible threat to the Thalmor would probably come from Akavir. The Akaviri races are some badass motherfuckers. It should be noted, however, that if the Akaviri did stroll in and decide to give the Thalmor an asskicking, that would necessarily mean that the Akaviri would be in charge of Tamriel, and the Akaviri make the Thalmor look downright fucking benevolent.

EDIT: No, wait, there is one more possibility. Some chucklefuck manages to rediscover Numidium and gets it to wish the Thalmor out of fucking existence. That would be such an immense asspull that I don't even think that shitheel Todd Howard would rubberstamp it.

EDIT 2: Actually, I take that back. Todd Howard would absolutely approve that.

People who think that the cure for hate is more hate, or who blame long-standing human conditions such as racism on one convenient target whose rise to power is only a symptom, because heaven forbid we should ever acknowledge that human beings are racists... nah, just blame the Guy With The Orange Hair.

Calling Torygg an ally simply because he sympathized with Ulfric's sentiments somewhat is necessarily a mistake. Was Ulfric power-hungry? Yes. Power is what is needed to effect change. To call Ulfric power-hungry is to both state the obvious and miss the point entirely. Torygg may have continued to entertain the notion of letting Ulfric continue to speak without cutting his fucking head off because he had a modicum of respect for Ulfric's sheer ballsiness, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Torygg would have ever actually been persuaded to abandon the failing Empire. Also keep in mind that Ulfric DID NOT HAVE THE FUCKING TIME to sit around and chat with Torygg for however long it took in order to stir him to the desired course of action.

Tamriel was already lost to the Thalmor, frankly. Ulfric was just the kind of person who would rather die on his feet standing against them and their blatant insult to all of the races of man in the form of purging Talos from the Divines, than live on his knees in front of them.

I don't think enough people who play Skyrim actually realize that one point there, by the way: THE THALMOR HAVE ALREADY FUCKING WON. The Thalmor are ABSURDLY powerful, and they chose a time to rise to power in which NO ONE CAN ACTUALLY OPPOSE THEM. The only credible threat in Tamriel to their utter dominion by the time Skyrim takes place are the Argonians, and that's simply because The Black Marsh would be ridiculously difficult to fucking subjugate due to its incredibly hostile climate and geography, even for a group of borderline-demigod Altmer wizards and their Bosmeri lackeys. Nota bene that even the Empire never really fully cracked the nut known as the Black Marsh.

At this point in the story, unless Bethesda pulls another "LOL DRAGON BREAK GUISE" stunt, the only OTHER credible threat to the Thalmor would probably come from Akavir. The Akaviri races are some badass motherfuckers. It should be noted, however, that if the Akaviri did stroll in and decide to give the Thalmor an asskicking, that would necessarily mean that the Akaviri would be in charge of Tamriel, and the Akaviri make the Thalmor look downright fucking benevolent.

EDIT: No, wait, there is one more possibility. Some chucklefuck manages to rediscover Numidium and gets it to wish the Thalmor out of fucking existence. That would be such an immense asspull that I don't even think that shitheel Todd Howard would rubberstamp it.

EDIT 2: Actually, I take that back. Todd Howard would absolutely approve that.

The Empire could be strong enough to fight the Thalmor with Nordic men fighting for them. The Empire hates the Thalmor just as much as the Stormcloaks, they're just playing smart instead of acting impulsively. That's the Nords' whole deal. They have their hearts in the right place and are unfairly treated, but they put their hearts ahead of their minds. I do agree with a lot of the Stormcloak ideology and I hate to be the one to snuff out their flame, but at the end of the day a unified empire is almost certainly the best option.

Thalmor world domination is certainly not a foregone conclusion. They're stated to not have a very strong military. They fight with espionage and surprise attacks, not overwhelming force. But those don't work forever when it comes to long-term conquest.

At the end of the day, though, no matter which side you pick, the Thalmor lose in the short term, because their stated goal is not to support Ulfric, but to keep the war ongoing as long as possible (this is why they helped him, not because a stormcloak victory is convenient for them). Presumably a Stormcloak-controlled Skyrim still wouldn't sit idly by if the Empire were conquered by the Thalmor, anyway.

InannaEloah said:
People who think that the cure for hate is more hate, or who blame long-standing human conditions such as racism on one convenient target whose rise to power is only a symptom, because heaven forbid we should ever acknowledge that human beings are racists... nah, just blame the Guy With The Orange Hair.

Yup. We all have some degree of racism and that's ok.

treos said:

Yes, they did.

Furrin_Gok said:
Yes, they did.

Jump spells, huh. I dunno if it can compare to vanilla Oblivion's +100 Acrobatics x10.

Fenrick said:
Jump spells, huh. I dunno if it can compare to vanilla Oblivion's +100 Acrobatics x10.

Personally, I like Morrowind's +1000 Acrobatics x3.

I can't find anything on Oblivion's? What exactly is +100 acrobatics x10?

Furrin_Gok said:
Personally, I like Morrowind's +1000 Acrobatics x3.

I can't find anything on Oblivion's? What exactly is +100 acrobatics x10?

Doesn't a guy in Morrowind use a scroll that does that and fall to his death? You can loot the scroll and using it can cause you to jump high enough to fall to your death. The words translate to "From the Earth to the Aether and back".

ugh... yes, it really is THAT easy to get a debate about skyrim started.

skyrim and the world it takes place in is FULL of racism EVERYWHERE. that is a FACT.

and as we all know, facts are bad so pointing it out automatically means a debate/argument/etc. will happen.

There should have been an ending in Skyrim where you get to destroy the Thalmor, because Skyrim only has two different paths you can choose, while Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 have four possible paths each.

That being said, these games should have two more endings, a "peace between all factions" ending and a "kill absolutely everyone" ending.

treos said:
ugh... yes, it really is THAT easy to get a debate about skyrim started.

skyrim and the world it takes place in is FULL of racism EVERYWHERE. that is a FACT.

and as we all know, facts are bad so pointing it out automatically means a debate/argument/etc. will happen.

Wait wait wait. Wanting to preserve your own culture and telling immigrants to your country/province/whatever to either assimilate or go elsewhere is racist now?

BlueDingo
Privileged
5 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings missing_sample navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 25
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

Kavellrist said:
Wait wait wait. Wanting to preserve your own culture and telling immigrants to your country/province/whatever to either assimilate or go elsewhere is racist now?

Apparently it is if you're french, swedish or german.

BlueDingo said:
Apparently it is if you're french, swedish or german.

Or American.

Not easy being moderately racist these days.

There is a difference between adapting and conforming. After all, my country is based entirely on immigrant culture, what with its founding fathers technically being immigrants.

Chameloshi said:
There should have been an ending in Skyrim where you get to destroy the Thalmor, because Skyrim only has two different paths you can choose, while Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4 have four possible paths each.

That being said, these games should have two more endings, a "peace between all factions" ending and a "kill absolutely everyone" ending.

You can actually call a truce between them if you get far enough in the main quest without joining either side. The negotiation takes into account what you allow and who you side with in each argument, and if you get it even enough, the truce is established in order to pool resources to fight the only bigger threat than the Thalmor.

Also the Thalmor are there, but they see it as a means to an end. You can choose to not include them in the meeting.

Like with Europe, America share a similar culture. The European culture you could say.