Lots of awesome movies in this thread! :)

Here are a few of my favorites:

Alien
Aliens
The Terminator
Terminator 2
Goldeneye
Skyfall
Spectre
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
This Is Spinal Tap
The Lord Of The Rings
Kill Bill
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
Sin City
Reservoir Dogs


Kaijudragon567 said:
Finally I forgot to mention this Korean movie called The Host, very awesome if you can find it.

seen it on syfy at some point before we stopped using dish network for tv (still using my aunts blu-ray player. :)). it was ok. don't really remember that much of it now though.

seems theres another movie by that name as well: The Host (2013) sounds interesting.

edit (10 days later): i think i can safely say that what i just watched rivals some of the most fucked up videos (think it was from a documentary...a really old one) i have ever seen. not the freakiest mind you, japan still has that record, just fucked up.

o_O could THIS be where that so-called "ecosexual" term originated?

i kid you not, my face was 2007 anthro archie_comics blue_eyes brown_fur canine confusion cropped disgust fox fur laboratory low_res male mammal meme miles_prower open_mouth orange_fur reaction_image solo sonic_(series) source_request unknown_artist what

Rating: Safe
Score: 83
User: Karurosu
Date: May 20, 2013 from start to finish. also...you uh...you may want to skip the part when theres 3 minutes left as it gets kinda...bloody. >.> yeah...i did not need to see that body part get cut off with a knife. don't think i'll watch this video again.

oh and for those into that kinda stuff. theres also this one scene where they put a, still living, snake inside a girls pussy. O.O damn,africa...even japan doesn't do that.

edit2: well, that was a pleasant surprise. aunt went and bought Labyrinth while in town today. good movie :)


Why no one is talking about The Hangover or Due Date?


willieaames said:
Why no one is talking about The Hangover or Due Date?

eh, not my kind of movies. :/


Kung-fu Hustle is one of my absolute favorites. If you want a B-List (I think) scary movie, Killer Klowns from Outer Space is ok; it gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

To be frank, I don't watch a lot of movies. The rest would just involve Jackie Chan or etc., so not gonna bother listing.


Siral_Exan said:
Kung-fu Hustle is one of my absolute favorites. If you want a B-List (I think) scary movie, Killer Klowns from Outer Space is ok; it gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

To be frank, I don't watch a lot of movies. The rest would just involve Jackie Chan or etc., so not gonna bother listing.

kung-fu hustle is good and is killer klowns from outer space the one where they put people in these big ball things then suck on said ball things using large silly straws?


treos said:
kung-fu hustle is good and is killer klowns from outer space the one where they put people in these big ball things then suck on said ball things using large silly straws?

it's been years since I watched killer klowns ( I have it on dvd ) but they did cocoon people in cotton candy it might have been that.

Genjar
Former Staff
10 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 242
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

That reminds me. If you like over the top movies, Kung Fury is worth a watch. ...especially since it's free.


Genjar said:
That reminds me. If you like over the top movies, Kung Fury is worth a watch. ...especially since it's free.

a movie that was free from the start...O_O wtf am i watching? lol


So...Necrobump.

Anywho I just finished watching The great mouse detective for the first time in years and it was delightful it was pretty funny the characters were cute plus I've been reading sherlock holmes since I was little.

Also this part


Buta

cute, 1-shot anime i just happened to come across of youtube. with a full cast of anthro animals.

BlueDingo
Privileged
8 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

Doomguy666 said:
Anywho I just finished watching The great mouse detective for the first time in years and it was delightful it was pretty funny the characters were cute plus I've been reading sherlock holmes since I was little.

Also this part

I watched that again some time ago. The clock scene was very impressive, especially since it used no 3D rendering whatsoever.
CAD + drawing robot, then coloured manually.

Just to be weird, I kept a count of the number of panty shots in that movie. I counted 17.


Munkelzahn said:
Not a movie, but the new Westworld series looks very interesting.

edit: I bet everyone here would love a Westworld with furries. Only it wouldn't be the robots getting raped by the guests.

If you want to be technical, its a reboot based on a 1973 movie of the same name.

Anyways, I pretty religiously watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and shows (besides Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, though I did watch the recent Ghost Rider arc on AoS). Really looking forward to the new Guardians of the Galaxy. The first was one of the best Marvel movies to date, and James Gunn really seems like a guy whose passionate about his work.

Other movies I like include, but are not limited to: 300, The Boondock Saints, Black Hawk Down, Top Gun, Roadhouse, The Expendables movies, any given MST3K movie, Zootopia (because who doesn't love Zootopia), and Lord of the Rings, off the top of my head.


RJDodger said:
Anyways, I pretty religiously watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies and shows (besides Agent Carter and Agents of SHIELD, though I did watch the recent Ghost Rider arc on AoS). Really looking forward to the new Guardians of the Galaxy. The first was one of the best Marvel movies to date, and James Gunn really seems like a guy whose passionate about his work.

i find it rather interesting how they continue to keep all the movies and other stuff tied together when it comes to Marvel shows. they're always referencing movies and different shows which builds this whole backstory linking all the events together and forming something of a timeline throughout the marvel universe.

i think AoS takes place somewhere after the 1st or 2nd Avengers movie but it also links to asgard, the aliens seen in the 1st avengers (i don't remember their name), something called HIVE (haven't gotten that far in the show yet so i just know the name for the time being), among other things. and apparently ghost rider too? o.O not sure how that one fits in but it's marvel, they're all over the place.

oh and theres the whole Hydra and red skull stuff of course.

hmmm... i wonder if theres any series ior movies where Marvel meets DC in some way. wouldn't be too surprising if there is.


treos said:
i find it rather interesting how they continue to keep all the movies and other stuff tied together when it comes to Marvel shows. they're always referencing movies and different shows which builds this whole backstory linking all the events together and forming something of a timeline throughout the marvel universe.

i think AoS takes place somewhere after the 1st or 2nd Avengers movie but it also links to asgard, the aliens seen in the 1st avengers (i don't remember their name), something called HIVE (haven't gotten that far in the show yet so i just know the name for the time being), among other things. and apparently ghost rider too? o.O not sure how that one fits in but it's marvel, they're all over the place.

oh and theres the whole Hydra and red skull stuff of course.

hmmm... i wonder if theres any series ior movies where Marvel meets DC in some way. wouldn't be too surprising if there is.

The connection between all the properties is a huge part of Marvel's appeal. I love how everything since The Avengers has been slowly feeding into Infinity War. There's a meme about getting all giddy when somebody says something that'll be relevant 6 movies down the line (like in The Winter Soldier, where Dr. Strange was name-dropped before his movie was announced). I recently read the Infinity Gauntlet comics, so I'm -super- stoked to see how that turns out.

Agents of SHIELD runs parallel to the movies after the Avengers, but its generally considered one of Marvel's weakest properties. The writing and acting is pretty cheesy, the story arcs are helter-skelter, and it tries way too hard to force the movies to acknowledge its existence. Hydra was turned from super-nazis to an Inhuman-worshipping cult. It says there's this epidemic of Inhumans in the world, which is never mentioned in the movies. So on and so forth. The Ghost Rider arc was meant to have some loose ties to Dr. Strange, plus pull in viewers with a darker, more violent arc to match the later time slot for the new season. Admittedly, I really didn't like anything without Ghost Rider, and dropped it again at the end of his arc. Given Ghost Rider's reception, its possible he'll get his own series. Presumably, it'd be on Netflix, which is where Marvel has their darker properties. Apparently there's even rumors of him teaming up with the Punisher, which I think would be awesome.

Marvel and DC have crossed over in their comics before multiple times. I think there was one where Darkseid and totally not Darkseid Thanos clashed, and the Justice League and the Avengers/X-Men had to stop them before their fight destroyed the universe. Plus there was a Punisher/Batman crossover. But I doubt its something we'd see in the live-action films. These movies run a high budget already, and both studios enlist a lot of A-list actors. Plus the bigger movies already run into the same problems- both Batman vs Superman and Age of Ultron (plus Civil War, to a lesser extent) were criticized for being -too- big, with many characters and plot elements getting little focus and spending too much time setting up future films. A DC/Marvel crossover movie would run up an uncoupable budget and still be 4 hours long. Plus movie fans tend to get pretty bitter about their rivals, especially with DC's more... mixed reception.

And its the Chitauri you're thinking of, from the Avengers.


RJDodger said:
stuff

Infinity Wars? o.O would i be correct in assuming that has to do with the Infinity Stones? i've only seen one of those in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and that 1 those stone had unbelievable power (seeing how strong that 1 stone was, it's easy to believe that a planet would go *poof* if it ever touched the ground.). 6 people channeling that power together and they could still just BARELY withstand the sheer force of the energy it put out. even just 1 of those stones is an extreme threat in ANYONE'S hands, good or evil. but all of them together...praying for a good outcome of such a catastrophic event would be a good starting point. they're supposed to be the scattered pieces of the (or was it 2?) god that formed the universe aren't they? i don't remember exactly.

Darkseid vs Thanos sounds like an interesting fight. like 2 gods or god-like beings fighting. too bad i rarely ever read comic books. :/ i can guess at one reason a fight would start between those 2. -_- darkseid getting one of the infinity stones and refusing to give it to thanos. that or the infinity gauntlet.

saw batman vs superman in the 2 part, Dark Knight Returns, animated batman movie a while back. pretty good movie overall.

"And its the Chitauri you're thinking of, from the Avengers."

right...i still need to download and watch that and the 2nd avengers movies some time.

hmmm...i wonder how that tesseract (tesserac?) tech would stand up to the infinity artifacts. then again, it'd probably go up in dust like everything else that comes into contact with the power of infinity. speaking of, i wonder where that cube flung the red skull in the captain america movie. looked like it opened a portal to somewhere in space iirc. well, i'm sure he'll come back eventually. it's unlikely a villain like the red skull would be taken out that easily.


treos said:
Infinity Wars? o.O would i be correct in assuming that has to do with the Infinity Stones? i've only seen one of those in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and that 1 those stone had unbelievable power (seeing how strong that 1 stone was, it's easy to believe that a planet would go *poof* if it ever touched the ground.). 6 people channeling that power together and they could still just BARELY withstand the sheer force of the energy it put out. even just 1 of those stones is an extreme threat in ANYONE'S hands, good or evil. but all of them together...praying for a good outcome of such a catastrophic event would be a good starting point. they're supposed to be the scattered pieces of the (or was it 2?) god that formed the universe aren't they? i don't remember exactly.

Darkseid vs Thanos sounds like an interesting fight. like 2 gods or god-like beings fighting. too bad i rarely ever read comic books. :/ i can guess at one reason a fight would start between those 2. -_- darkseid getting one of the infinity stones and refusing to give it to thanos. that or the infinity gauntlet.

saw batman vs superman in the 2 part, Dark Knight Returns, animated batman movie a while back. pretty good movie overall.

"And its the Chitauri you're thinking of, from the Avengers."

right...i still need to download and watch that and the 2nd avengers movies some time.

hmmm...i wonder how that tesseract (tesserac?) tech would stand up to the infinity artifacts. then again, it'd probably go up in dust like everything else that comes into contact with the power of infinity. speaking of, i wonder where that cube flung the red skull in the captain america movie. looked like it opened a portal to somewhere in space iirc. well, i'm sure he'll come back eventually. it's unlikely a villain like the red skull would be taken out that easily.

The Infinity Wars will presumably be based on the Infinity Gauntlet comics, in which Thanos acquires all 6 Infinity Stones and uses them to kill half the population of the universe to win the affections of Mistress Death. Its been the overarching plot for all the Marvel films- Thanos playing a cosmic game of chess to bring all the Infinity Stones to him. Currently, 5 of the 6 Infinity Stones have been unveiled. The Tesseract is actually an Infinity Stone, the Space Stone to be precise. Only the Power Stone, from GotG, is capable of wiping out a planet easily- the others have their own powers. The six are Space, Reality, Power, Mind, Time, and Soul. 5 of the 6 have been unveiled, with plenty of speculation where the 6th is, but since you haven't seen Age of Ultron yet, I'll put them under spoilers:

▼ Click to collapse

-Space Stone: Contained in the Tesseract, from Captain America and the Avengers. Able to create wormholes in space and provide/harness energy from other places in the universe. Currently secured on Asgard, and was used to rebuild the Byfrost after it was destroyed in the end of Thor.

-Reality Stone: The Aether, in Thor: The Dark World. Was claimed by Asgard, and given to the Collector for safekeeping, as "it would be unwise to keep 2 Infinity Stones so close together." Can be used to manipulate reality. His collection was destroyed in Guardians of the Galaxy, but presumably the Aether is still secure.

-Power Stone: Seen in Guardians of the Galaxy. Destroys organic matter, but can also give immense strength to beings powerful enough to bear it. Was secured by the Nova Corps on Xandar.

-Mind Stone: Technically revealed in The Avengers, but not confirmed until Age of Ultron. It was the power source for Loki's scepter. Ultron used it to power a new body for himself, but it was taken by the Avengers and turned into Vision, who now possesses the Mind Stone. Was used for mind control, AI creation (Ultron), enhancement of people (Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Vision). Vision also uses it to fire laser beams.

-Time Stone: In Kamar Taj, a mystic sanctuary in Dr. Strange. Contained in the Eye of Agamotto, which Strange usually wears around his neck. Used to control, reverse, and stop time.

-Soul Stone: As yet unrevealed. Presumably in possession of Heimdall- his ability is to "see trillions of souls" in the entire universe, there's a conspicuous gold gem in his armor's chest plate, his eyes glow gold, and in Thor's vision in Age of Ultron revealing that someone is after the Infinity Stones, and Heimdal was shown as blind- ie, someone took the Soul Stone from him. Will likely be unveiled in Thor: Ragnarok, even if not in Heimdall's possession.

There's also a theory that the artifacts which hold the Infinity Stones spell THANOS: Tesseract, Heimdall, Aether, Necklace (Eye of Agamotto), Orb, Scepter. But its probably reaching.

Darkseid vs Thanos is basically a stalemate. The two are just so ridiculously powerful that nobody can really say who'd win. I think I misrembered the Avengers/JLA crossover. Funny that you mention Darkseid getting the Infinity Gauntlet, because...
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2011/06/darkseidinfinity.jpg


RJDodger said:
more stuff and 1 of 2 failed sections

Avengers: Infinity War...looks like i'll have another interesting movie to look forward to...next year. :/

regarding the soul stone. sounds possible but we'll have to wait and see to be sure.

"There's also a theory that the artifacts which hold the Infinity Stones spell THANOS: Tesseract, Heimdall, Aether, Necklace (Eye of Agamotto), Orb, Scepter. But its probably reaching."

interesting but...this could merely be a coincidence too. then again, it wouldn't be the first time something in a big franchise wound up being vaguely prophetic about what will happen in the future.

"Funny that you mention Darkseid getting the Infinity Gauntlet, because...
http://comicsalliance.com/files/2011/06/darkseidinfinity.jpg "

lol now that's funny. you get an item of such great power and it turns out to be a dud (at least in that one reality). i imagine it bothered him more that he had been wasting his time than it not working for him though.


Obviously everyone knows Toy Story but has anyone ever seen the forgotten Robin Williams masterpiece Toys?

Easily one of the most surreal films I've ever seen, great Hans Zimmer soundtrack too


just watched the original Might Morphin Power Rangers movie with Ivan Ooze and... lol @ those CGI effects.

man...those wouldn't even make it onto a tv series nowadays.

that lens flare when ivan gets hit by the comet. i haven't seen graphics that bad since maybe...the first star craft game or older games?

the 3d models for ivan's giant robots weren't too bad but the reflectiveness was horrible. i would rate them anywhere from bad to..."close your eyes you abomination!" bad on that aspect but the shapes and movements were pretty good.

still, it could be worse. it could be as bad as syfy special effects. and i know, i bash syfy movies a lot (a LOT) but how can you blame me when their movies really are THAT bad?

i think this list speaks for itself on syfy's record for bad movies. well, ok, they did do SOME good ones but those are typically few and far between.

2 Lava... 2 Lantula... lol wtf?


Watched The Ref, Secret Window, and Unbreakable the other day. good shit.


A month later, and I can't believe I forgot to mention Mad Max: Fury Road. Such an awesome, unbelievably badass movie.

I also finally got a chance to watch Kingsman: the Secret Service today, and that was a pretty great movie as well.


My favorite movie of all time would have to be Cloverfield hands down. I might never see the movie the same way again and only recommend watching it in theaters but man is it a great experience. Have yet to watch another movie like it that gave me the same feeling.

My favorite genres are Animation, Super Hero movies and Parody Comedies. Come to think of it many of the movies I like seem to be hated for the most part like Spider-Man 3 is my favorite comic book movie and parody movies like Scary Movie, the Comebacks and Dance Flick people say are bad. I laugh my ass off in parody movies and recently Scary Movie 5 didn't disappoint.

As for the Marvel Cinematic Universe for me Guardians of the Galaxy is the best so far. Civil Was disappointing with not enough action and stuff happening.


Power Rangers movie (2017)

o.O could it be? after all these years, something actually worth watching from the power rangers franchise?

mmm... i would say maybe. it looks great, sure, but who's to say it's not going to be just another 1-shot wonder fight when it comes to the megazord fight? that's why i stopped watching the main series long ago. the fights all became really really...bad. special effects alone can't cover up crappy fighting and a 1-shot fight is boring and stupid when it comes to giant robot fights.

well, won't know till after the release date for sure. which probably isn't too far off since the trailer has been on tv lately.

edit: apologies in advance for anyone who scrolls down to the comments on that video.

i didn't know youtube had such blatant and widespread piracy advertising accounts. i'll have to be more careful where i grab links to movie trailers from now on.

then again, that IS the Lionsgate Movies channel so i guess responsibility partly falls on them.

parasprite
Former Staff
6 months ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Rating: Safe
Score: 34
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

One of the weirder movies I've watched recently is called Antiviral. It's a dystopia where celebrities are idolized for their diseases and people buy viruses (legal and black market) to inject themselves with. It's both implausible and wonderfully fucked up.

BlueDingo
Privileged
6 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Rating: Safe
Score: 26
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

parasprite said:
One of the weirder movies I've watched recently is called Antiviral. It's a dystopia where celebrities are idolized for their diseases and people buy viruses (legal and black market) to inject themselves with. It's both implausible and wonderfully fucked up.

Celebrities are fairly good at convincing people to buy things they don't need.


Alot of movies I would of mentioned have already been listed but not all of them.

Jackie Brown
The Dear Hunter
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
Platoon
There Will be Blood
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Shane( The book was much better)
Chopper
Taxi Driver

I rarely see any new movies I like but The Martain was ok.


Saw Castaway for the first time last week. Loved it.


Anyone here ever heard about "Blended?"http://www.blendedmovie.com

Funniest thing ever


Deadpool. It was also my introduction to the franchise. I was going to design my SR4 character after him.