How long does it usually take for aliases to be implemented?

I was wondering if *_shot (those that focus on anatomy) are cropped portions of a specific bodypart, wouldnt those be close ups?

Should animal_genitalia and specific species genitalia still be tagged when the genitals pictured have some traits but are overall inaccurate?
Like here:

It's not human, and it's barbed, but it really doesn't look like a feline penis.

regsmutt said:
Should animal_genitalia and specific species genitalia still be tagged when the genitals pictured have some traits but are overall inaccurate?
Like here:

It's not human, and it's barbed, but it really doesn't look like a feline penis.

well, yes, because it contains a sheath and that auto implies it.

anyways it looks like a hybrid penis to me, containing qualities of both humanoid and feline/barbed. I'd tag it with hybrid penis, humanoid penis, barbed penis, and feline penis, imho

After using this site for a while now - this userbase is REALLY bad at maintaining artist entries :|

impalement_(none_blood)

Is this a legit thing? Like, legitimately a thing? Because I don't think it is.

Edit: Also, it looks like it's basically impalement -blood

Would the top party be a cuntboy? The genitalia are shown separate from the flat_chest that fulfills the "masculine body type" requirement.

I ask because I'm not sure what the precise guidelines are for deciding if something is multiple_images (and each image gets tagged separately) or a cutaway/comic/multiple perspectives thing (and this is all one image).

MatrixMash said:

Would the top party be a cuntboy? The genitalia are shown separate from the flat_chest that fulfills the "masculine body type" requirement.

I ask because I'm not sure what the precise guidelines are for deciding if something is multiple_images (and each image gets tagged separately) or a cutaway/comic/multiple perspectives thing (and this is all one image).

as far as i understand yes because it is essentially a cutaway of the main image happening in the same place and chronology, it isnt a separate image as would be the case with sketch_page or multiple_scenes/ multiple_images

Should this be safe or questionable?

There is a crude drawing of a penis in the toolbar on the central image.
I vote questionable since we put exposed breasts under questionable.

Genjar
Former Staff
3 months ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 268
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

MatrixMash said:
Should this be safe or questionable?

There is a crude drawing of a penis in the toolbar on the central image.
I vote questionable since we put exposed breasts under questionable.

Clearly not safe. Questionable at minimum, and I would've locked it to that, except from what I remember, penis doodles are automatically explicit regardless of detail. And that's currently the only non-explicit penis post. ...so it probably should be E.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
3 months ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Score: 21
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

MatrixMash said:
impalement_(none_blood)

Is this a legit thing? Like, legitimately a thing? Because I don't think it is.

Edit: Also, it looks like it's basically impalement -blood

Well, for one: that's awful grammar. We'd rename the tag on that principal alone.

For two: We have another tag called all_the_way_through that is supposed to cover the idea of "dick/tentacle in on one end and out the other". (it's a bit messy at the moment, no pun intended, due to people not using the cum_through tag.)(or will be until I clean it up)

Question: should a standing feral/quadruped be tagged as all_fours?

MyNameIsOver20charac said:
Question: should a standing feral/quadruped be tagged as all_fours?

wiki defines that ferals shouldnt be. Adding ferals would bloat that tag into uselessness.

only should be used for bipeds that have proper hands who just happen to be moving on all fours but clearly do not have the skeletal structure to be naturally moving that way.

I'm finding a couple of tags that are obviously just titles of comics or sets that images should be in. Should I just manually delete the tags or suggest an alias to invalid_tag?

Ho ho ho, no better time of year to clean up the Santa tags.

The santa_claus tag is a bit messy atm. There's quite a bit of odd grey-area stuff in it. Santa's costume has become so iconic to the holiday that sometimes it's more of a theme or visual shorthand for 'Christmas' than cosplay. So where exactly should the line between 'cosplay' and 'theme' be here?

There are the actual factual obvious cosplays:
2012 ambiguous_gender blue_eyes canine christmas cute english_text eyewear fennec feral fox glasses hat holiday_message holidays mammal plushie santa_claus santa_hat silverfox5213 simple_background solo text white_background

Score: 15
User: TonyLemur
Date: November 27, 2012abstract_background antelope anthro benjamin_clawhauser brown_hair cheetah christmas collar costume disney duo ear_piercing feline female flat_chested frown gazelle gazelle_(zootopia) grin hair holidays juindalo krampus male mammal piercing pink_eyes santa_claus santa_costume scared smile tongue tongue_out yellow_sclera zootopia

Score: 22
User: Juindalo
Date: December 11, 2016
And then there's less obvious stuff:

Should any image with a santa_hat, santa_suit, or Santa-themed lingerie be tagged santa_claus, or should the tag be exclusively for instances of the character and obvious cosplays?

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Score: 31
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

regsmutt said:
Should any image with a santa_hat, santa_suit, or Santa-themed lingerie be tagged santa_claus, or should the tag be exclusively for instances of the character and obvious cosplays?

+1 for option 2. Tagging any character wearing a santa hat as santa_claus would be like tagging any character wearing this hat as mario.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

regsmutt said:
I'm finding a couple of tags that are obviously just titles of comics or sets that images should be in. Should I just manually delete the tags or suggest an alias to invalid_tag?

I"m not sure about this. My first instinct was "no, that should be deleted" but then I recalled post #90816 ← this series of comics, which are in a pool, in a pool for the chapter, and also have the epic journeys & random encounters tag... which seems to....mostly.. be tagged on the pictures in the pools but not completly?? *scratches head* I mean.. it's like 70 some odd images...

when does a comic count as a copyright?

regsmutt said:
Ho ho ho, no better time of year to clean up the Santa tags.

The santa_claus tag is a bit messy atm. There's quite a bit of odd grey-area stuff in it. Santa's costume has become so iconic to the holiday that sometimes it's more of a theme or visual shorthand for 'Christmas' than cosplay. So where exactly should the line between 'cosplay' and 'theme' be here?

There are the actual factual obvious cosplays:

(...)

I'd argue that a red/white hate and clothes do not cosplay make. They're... part of the visual shorthand for "christmas clothing" --like green stuff on St. Patricks' day, or white/pastels at easter. It's cultural costume. Like a witch hat.

I'd argue that santa_claus should be saved for character that look like they are, or could be santa. Simply wearing a santa hat does not a santa clause make.

(defining 'santa' is a tricky one. beard and hat are big ones. but then you have stuff like this or this ... where the jacket etc are not required.)

I'd probably have... Santa_claus, santa_costume and santa_hat and santa_suit etc

Feel like there should be a tag for, like, the red/green and white fluff 'christmas cloth'

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago

BlueDingo said:
+1 for option 2. Tagging any character wearing a santa hat as santa_claus would be like tagging any character wearing this hat as mario.

This analogy was SO much better than my leprechan/easter shit.

SnowWolf said:
I"m not sure about this. My first instinct was "no, that should be deleted" but then I recalled post #90816 ← this series of comics, which are in a pool, in a pool for the chapter, and also have the epic journeys & random encounters tag... which seems to....mostly.. be tagged on the pictures in the pools but not completly?? *scratches head* I mean.. it's like 70 some odd images...

when does a comic count as a copyright?

Yeah, that's the thing. I know that a copyright counts when it's an established big-name IP. One off furry comics or... whatever the hell eeveelution_pee_patience_tournament counts as? I'm not sure. All I know is that I'm not interested in putting in the work to make any sets or pools that don't already exist to replace these junk tags.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago

regsmutt said:
Yeah, that's the thing. I know that a copyright counts when it's an established big-name IP. One off furry comics or... whatever the hell eeveelution_pee_patience_tournament counts as? I'm not sure. All I know is that I'm not interested in putting in the work to make any sets or pools that don't already exist to replace these junk tags.

Eew.

Well, THAT one looks like it should be a set, not a pool.

Anyway-- If you want to dmail me the tags you trip over, I don't mind pooling them, or deleting/fixing them--I've got access to quick tagging, so it'll be fast. :)

(consider that a standing offer, BTW. :)

Darou said:
wiki defines that ferals shouldnt be. Adding ferals would bloat that tag into uselessness.

only should be used for bipeds that have proper hands who just happen to be moving on all fours but clearly do not have the skeletal structure to be naturally moving that way.

Good to know, thanx:)

Body type identification.

Yesterday, I tagged this

humanoid for the small creature because I saw this was also tagged humanoid

and because tag_group:body_types gives me the impression that characters should be stuffed into one of the major body type groupings. I'm not entirely happy grouping either of those as "humanoid", but I suppose humanoid is closest. They're kind of blobby, indistinct humanoid forms. As if humanoid wasn't already enough of an abstraction from human, this grouping is an abstraction of that abstraction.

Today I'm looking at a Turian post

and I don't know if the Turian should be made to fit into anthro or humanoid or what. I would pick humanoid, easily. Could apply to any Turian post. Tag Implication: asari → humanoid touched on this. Searching global tag edit history for Turian posts, I nearly crashed my browser saw disagreement over their body type classification between some of E621's paragons whom I would defer to.

This was another recent head-scratcher:

breasts conditional_dnp digital_drawing_(artwork) digital_media_(artwork) female forked_tongue horn monster multi_eye naga nehtayo non-mammal_breasts piercing reptile scales scalie sefeiren serpentine sketch snake solo tongue tongue_out unknown_species what

Score: 2
User: otterface
Date: January 05, 2010

feral, anthro, ?

What do? (Translated: What should be done for everything above?)

What I'm really driving at is...

Is there some list of "top of hierarchy" body types that will cover every possible character? My issue, if you'd call it that, with tag_group:body_types is that most of the examples under Uncommon and Supplementary also easily fit under one of the Main Types and they've been tagged that way, yet it looks like Turians must be stuck as alien only, which is only mentioned as a footnote and not as a body type. That's not good enough, IMO. With such a list of "first-level" body type groupings, everything should fall into place. If something generally fits into any of the other groups, then it's not a first-level body type and a first-level body type should also be tagged, thus establishing the roots of a hierarchy.

I think the first obstacle is addressing all the monstrous creatures that don't resemble any body type. I would make them feral. If a creature's body type doesn't resemble something you know, then the default assumption is usually that it's "wild" or feral. And if that makes people uncomfortable because "ferals need to resemble real animals", then split off the group into unknown_feral, feral_monster, or similar. Ferals are the less evolved form of anthros, humanoids, or humans or that's how we treat them, so if a creature is not recognized as one of those "more evolved species", then all it could possibly be is feral.

abadbird said:
This was another recent head-scratcher:

breasts conditional_dnp digital_drawing_(artwork) digital_media_(artwork) female forked_tongue horn monster multi_eye naga nehtayo non-mammal_breasts piercing reptile scales scalie sefeiren serpentine sketch snake solo tongue tongue_out unknown_species what

feral, anthro, ?

I don't have useful input about the rest, but this looks pretty anthro to me. Humanoid chest, shoulders, arms, hands (with hoof-tipped fingers), and 'hips' are what give it away for me. For a feral the chest would be narrower and the arms wouldn't attach jutting out at the sides. The proportions of the arms would also be different.

I think the first obstacle is addressing all the monstrous creatures that don't resemble any body type. I would make them feral. If a creature's body type doesn't resemble something you know, then the default assumption is usually that it's "wild" or feral. And if that makes people uncomfortable because "ferals need to resemble real animals", then split off the group into unknown_feral, feral_monster, or similar. Ferals are the less evolved form of anthros, humanoids, or humans or that's how we treat them, so if a creature is not recognized as one of those "more evolved species", then all it could possibly be is feral.

With the exception of shapeless void-creatures (best example I can think of is the void-and-eyes renditions of Hermaeus Mora), disembodied tentacles, and shapeless slimes, I'm having difficulty thinking of things that wouldn't, on some level, have recognizable anatomy. Even if it's based on hybrids of, like, jellyfish and arthropods and worms, it can still be identifiable as 'anthro' or 'feral'. If it's not anthro/humanoid or truly shapeless, I think it's safe to say it's feral.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago

Admitedly, I'm coming in here with some rather dusty knowledge on the later so this is 100% my opinion, and may not count, but..

I'd call these semi-anthro, or perhaps waddling_head (kidding) ...Honestly, I'd wonder if there shouldn't be another body type, like... cartoon_critter or something.

and I don't know if the Turian should be made to fit into anthro or humanoid or what. I would pick humanoid, easily. Could apply to any Turian post.

humanoid reads "Bipedal, usually mammalian-like beings that are neither fully human nor furries. This includes, amongst other, animal humanoid, aliens, human-like constructs such as androids and golems, and fictional species such as orcs and elves."

So.. turians are aliens, and, thus, humanoid.

feral, anthro, ?

Now... my 2 cents here is that that's a lamia. If 'taur' is a body type that is different than anthro, then surely the 'lamia/naga' is a body type as well. (2 legs, 4 legs, no legs...)

as for the rest ponyshrug.jpg

SnowWolf said:
Now... my 2 cents here is that that's a lamia. If 'taur' is a body type that is different than anthro, then surely the 'lamia/naga' is a body type as well. (2 legs, 4 legs, no legs...)

Taur is separate from anthro, but taurs can still be anthro. While anthro vs humanoid describes whether or not the face favours human vs animal features, taur/lamia describe how the body looks past the hips.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago

regsmutt said:
Taur is separate from anthro, but taurs can still be anthro. While anthro vs humanoid describes whether or not the face favours human vs animal features, taur/lamia describe how the body looks past the hips.

Then what's humanoid_face for? o_o

SnowWolf said:
Then what's humanoid_face for? o_o

Things like manticores and stuff that's in an odd middle ground like the face is furred and has an animal nose but more-or-less human facial structure. Some of the stuff in there probably should be animal_humanoid, but some stuff is so borderline I wouldn't be comfortable making a call either way.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
2 months ago

thinking about it, it feels like humanoid face was probably intended to fit a middle ground..

animal_humanoid anthro anthro_scale bi-nyo blue_eyes blush bow brown_hair brown_nose canine chart chest_tuft clothed clothing comparison countershading female feral footwear fox fox_humanoid fox_tail fur hair humanoid japanese_text kemono legwear looking_at_viewer mammal nude open_mouth options orange_fur ribbons school_uniform semi-anthro shoes short_hair single_shoe skirt smile socks solo standing text transformation translated tuft uniform young

Score: 42
User: msc
Date: August 07, 2010

5 is feral.
4 is semi-anthro.
3 is anthro.
2 is.... ?
1 is fox_humanoid.

humanoid face seems like it'd fit for 2 in there -- as an anthro with a humanoid face.

of course, far too undertagged for that, but, alas.

BlueDingo
Privileged
2 months ago
2013 5_fingers abs anthro athletic canine claws collarbone cute dingo front_view fur gloves_(marking) half-length_portrait holding_arm imiak inner_ear_fluff looking_at_viewer male mammal markings navel nipples nude peachez pecs pink_eyes pink_fur pink_nose portrait pose shy solo tan_fur v-cut

Score: 31
User: flux_capacitor
Date: March 02, 2013

humanoid_face is for anything with a humanoid face except humans because fuck humans. The body type doesn't really matter.

2008 5_fingers barefoot black_fur black_hair blue_eyes candra cat cats_(musical) claws detailed_background feline full_moon fur hair heterochromia humanoid_face looking_aside looking_at_viewer magic male mammal moon mr._mistoffelees nude short_hair solo star white_fur

Score: 1
User: Hellacious
Date: October 10, 2010

opinion on the sackless tag: should it function as a universal tag like clothing or transformation, or should it be restricted anthro and feral mammalian characters only?