Speaking of weapons and weirdness, what about staff? I saw post #1122272 and initially thought a spear was mistagged as a staff, but then noticed it was sort of magic...ish...looking... So I checked to see if the wiki mentioned regular staves as well as "grumblebork's staff of shooting shit" and what-not. It doesn't. How much do people care about specific sorts of weapons? Better to update the wiki or disambiguate?

The thing in the movie is a proper name, btw. Magical weapon of the chosen one and all that.

notnobody said:
Speaking of weapons and weirdness, what about staff? I saw post #1122272 and initially thought a spear was mistagged as a staff, but then noticed it was sort of magic...ish...looking... So I checked to see if the wiki mentioned regular staves as well as "grumblebork's staff of shooting shit" and what-not. It doesn't. How much do people care about specific sorts of weapons? Better to update the wiki or disambiguate?

The thing in the movie is a proper name, btw. Magical weapon of the chosen one and all that.

The crystal on top is a magical conduit. Or, in layman's terms, just fancy junk; not used for striking enemies, just there to look cool and aid in magics.

The wiki should be updated to include that staffs are also used for channeling magic, but no implication/alias should be made. That's just a fancy ass magic long-stick. I went ahead and added a simple description, there are far too many designs and iterations to specify.

notnobody said:

Siral_Exan said:
The crystal on top is a magical conduit. Or, in layman's terms, just fancy junk; not used for striking enemies, just there to look cool and aid in magics.

The wiki should be updated to include that staffs are also used for channeling magic, but no implication/alias should be made. That's just a fancy ass magic long-stick. I went ahead and added a simple description, there are far too many designs and iterations to specify.

If it looks like it's still a staff, sure. But that's just it, that particular weapon looks like a spear. Tag What You See, not Know. If the gem was not so cleanly cut, it would look less like a stabber and more like a catalystic gemstone, but anything like this should not be tagged as a staff.

Furrin_Gok said:
If it looks like it's still a staff, sure. But that's just it, that particular weapon looks like a spear. Tag What You See, not Know. If the gem was not so cleanly cut, it would look less like a stabber and more like a catalystic gemstone, but anything like this should not be tagged as a staff.

Yes, 'cause a spear has a crystal that floats around... that is less of a spear and more of a staff.

Siral_Exan said:
Yes, 'cause a spear has a crystal that floats around... that is less of a spear and more of a staff.

"Crystal."
Looks like it could easily be steel or iron instead. Regardless, it's the shape of the tip that matters, not the material or whether it's sitting on or floating off of the stick. You could even give it a magical aura and have it shooting fire, if it still looks like a spear then it's a spear.

Furrin_Gok said:
"Crystal."
Looks like it could easily be steel or iron instead. Regardless, it's the shape of the tip that matters, not the material.

The "tip" is not attached, though. It is floating in the center of four prongs, two on each side. There is even an orb in the center... the "tip" is the conduit for magic. I didn't specify that for no reason, that is not even part of the physical staff, just the thing that floats above.

And spears wouldn't feature those together. The accumulation of magical elements in the image points to a magic staff, not a spear.

I just created a wiki page for throwing. Should the throwing tag cover images of character who are about to throw something (or at least look they're about to) or just characters who are/have throwing/thrown something?

2013 armpits averagedraw blue_feathers blue_fur cloud cloudscape cub cutie_mark duo equine feathered_wings feathers female feral friendship_is_magic fur grin hair looking_away mammal multicolored_hair multicolored_tail my_little_pony orange_fur outside pegasus purple_eyes purple_hair rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair rainbow_tail scootaloo_(mlp) short_hair sky smile throwing wing_boner wings young

Rating: Safe
Score: 15
User: mlp
Date: May 12, 2013 3_toes 4_fingers albus_calx ambiguous_gender brown_fur curled_tail eyes_closed eyewear feral fish fluffy fur goggles hindpaw mammal marine mustelid one_eye_closed otter paws pink_background shadow simple_background solo speckledwanderer throwing toes tongue wet whiskers wink

Score: 10
User: stickypaws
Date: June 07, 2014

BlueDingo said:
I just created a wiki page for throwing. Should the throwing tag cover images of character who are about to throw something (or at least look they're about to) or just characters who are/have throwing/thrown something?

2013 armpits averagedraw blue_feathers blue_fur cloud cloudscape cub cutie_mark duo equine feathered_wings feathers female feral friendship_is_magic fur grin hair looking_away mammal multicolored_hair multicolored_tail my_little_pony orange_fur outside pegasus purple_eyes purple_hair rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair rainbow_tail scootaloo_(mlp) short_hair sky smile throwing wing_boner wings young

Score: 15
User: mlp
Date: May 12, 2013 3_toes 4_fingers albus_calx ambiguous_gender brown_fur curled_tail eyes_closed eyewear feral fish fluffy fur goggles hindpaw mammal marine mustelid one_eye_closed otter paws pink_background shadow simple_background solo speckledwanderer throwing toes tongue wet whiskers wink

User: stickypaws
Date: June 07, 2014

I'd say the implication of thrown objects by them, or simply it is out of their grasp; this way you can have a better time including magically and mechanically thrown as well.

There seems to be a lot of crossover between hand_wraps, wrist_wraps and arm_wraps. Hand wraps is simple enough, it covers the hand but may also cover the wrist and forearm. Wrist wraps must cover the wrist but may cover the hand and forearm as well. Arm wraps can cover any part of the arm, including the wrist.

To make a clearer distinction between the tags and reduce mistags, should we manually retag wrist_wraps to hand_wraps and/or arm_wraps, or use wrist_wraps for forearm coverage and restrict arm_wraps for upper arm and elbow coverage?

Genjar
Contributor
1 month ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 225
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

BlueDingo said:
There seems to be a lot of crossover between hand_wraps, wrist_wraps and arm_wraps. Hand wraps is simple enough, it covers the hand but may also cover the wrist and forearm. Wrist wraps must cover the wrist but may cover the hand and forearm as well. Arm wraps can cover any part of the arm, including the wrist.

After taking a second look at those, they do seem tricky.

I'd go with this:
hand_wrap for the type that either covers the hand, or hand and wrist.
wrist_wrap for the type that only covers the wrist.

Arm_wrap is too ambiguous. Maybe we need an upper_arm_wrap tag to keep those sorted.. Can't name it brachium_wrap, since hardly anyone knows what that means.

What about if wrist_wraps was either changed to forearm_wraps or extended in scope to include the forearm?

Is there an official ruling on what does and doesn't count as a monster girl, or an official ruling on how the monster_girl_(genre) tag is supposed to be used? I've seen this tag on things that I'm pretty sure are not part of the genre (eg. Splash Woman) and randomly applied to just about anything that looks part woman.

Also worth noting that the monster_boy tag is hardly ever used.

O16
1 month ago
abomasnow alakazam amaura animate_inanimate anthro arcanine avalugg bastiodon beartic bovine canine cranidos eeveelution excadrill feathered_wings feathers feline feral floatzel gengar gogoat hawlucha haxorus heliolisk hi_res insect_wings jellicent kingdra leavanny lillipup lucario lunatone luxray magneton makuhita mammal meowstic milotic miltank mismagius monster nidoking nintendo nosepass onix panpour pansage pansear pidgeotto piloswine pokémon poliwrath raichu rodent roserade scyther slaking solrock starmie steelix swanna sylveon torkoal tyrunt video_games vileplume vivillon watchog weezing whirlipede wings zebstrika かんな_2日目東m02a

Score: 43
User: Rad_Dudesman
Date: February 28, 2016

Genjar said:

Arm_wrap is too ambiguous. Maybe we need an upper_arm_wrap tag to keep those sorted.. Can't name it brachium_wrap, since hardly anyone knows what that means.

"Brachium" is most used to upper-arms, but it literaly means arm. However, if we start analising words by their etmology "anthropomorphic" and "humanoid" would turn to be synonyms, since both mean human-like (both "anthropos" and "human" mean human, and both "morpho" and "oid" mean shape or aspect).

BlueDingo said:
Is there an official ruling on what does and doesn't count as a monster girl, or an official ruling on how the monster_girl_(genre) tag is supposed to be used? I've seen this tag on things that I'm pretty sure are not part of the genre (eg. Splash Woman) and randomly applied to just about anything that looks part woman.

Also worth noting that the monster_boy tag is hardly ever used.

I know nothing about this subject, sorry.

-----------------

One question: should "penetration" also be used to penetrable sex toys?

O16 said:
One question: should "penetration" also be used to penetrable sex toys?

Maybe if the penetrable sex toy in question is a character, otherwise no. Penetration is for characters.

Genjar
Contributor
1 month ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

O16 said:
"Brachium" is most used to upper-arms, but it literaly means arm.

I suppose we'll have to use the upper_arm_wrap tag, then.
...or maybe biceps_wrap could work? Though that's not hundred percent accurate either.

O16
1 month ago
abomasnow alakazam amaura animate_inanimate anthro arcanine avalugg bastiodon beartic bovine canine cranidos eeveelution excadrill feathered_wings feathers feline feral floatzel gengar gogoat hawlucha haxorus heliolisk hi_res insect_wings jellicent kingdra leavanny lillipup lucario lunatone luxray magneton makuhita mammal meowstic milotic miltank mismagius monster nidoking nintendo nosepass onix panpour pansage pansear pidgeotto piloswine pokémon poliwrath raichu rodent roserade scyther slaking solrock starmie steelix swanna sylveon torkoal tyrunt video_games vileplume vivillon watchog weezing whirlipede wings zebstrika かんな_2日目東m02a

BlueDingo said:
Maybe if the penetrable sex toy in question is a character, otherwise no. Penetration is for characters.

Thank you. I know the wiki already says that, but sometimes I really don't know how much I should trust in wikis (before I have edited the "virus" wiki, it said virus are cells)

We currently have a merry_christmas tag for images that say "Merry Christmas" but don't seem to have an equivalent tag for other holidays. Should we create equivalent tags for other holidays or change merry_christmas to something more general like holiday_message and apply it to all messages of this nature (Season's greetings, Happy Easter, etc.) so users can search it and the holiday name (eg. holiday_message valentine's_day) to get images containing a holiday-specific message?

2016 anthro bell breasts candy candy_cane chest_tuft christmas clothing costume doc_nickel feline female food fur green_eyes hair halter_top hand_behind_back holding_object holiday_message holidays holly_(plant) leopard looking_at_viewer low_res mammal merry_christmas midriff navel object_in_mouth patreon pirta_(the_whiteboard) plant simple_background skirt smile snow_leopard solo tail_bell text the_whiteboard tuft webcomic white_background white_belly white_fur white_hair

Score: 3
User: imagoober
Date: December 25, 2016 3_toes ambiguous_gender antennae arthropod barefoot butterfly chest_tuft davidkawena day easter english_text feral flying fur grass green_eyes grey_fur group holiday_message holidays insect insect_wings lagomorph looking_at_another looking_up mammal mouse nude open_mouth open_smile outside pointing rabbit red_nose rodent side_view sitting size_difference sketch sky smile tan_fur text toes toony tuft whiskers wings

User: BlueDingo
Date: December 23, 2016

Although searching a holiday name with text (eg. christmas text) can usually find these images, it will also find many other images that don't contain the holiday message.

2017 akiric anthro bonnie_hopps canine christmas christmas_tree clothed clothing comic cub dialogue disney english_text female fox gift group hat holidays hug judy_hopps lagomorph male mammal nick_wilde rabbit santa_hat stu_hopps text tree young zootopia

Score: 6
User: JAKXXX3
Date: January 25, 2017 blood easter easter_bunny easter_eggs english_text holidays humor lagomorph laugh mammal rabbit text unknown_artist

Score: 4
User: puffleyiffler
Date: May 26, 2016 <3 holidays humor insult mammal marsupial open_mouth opossum reaction_image salkitten solo teeth text tongue trash valentine's_day

Score: 69
User: citrakayah
Date: April 29, 2016 blue_eyes bonbon_(mlp) cutie_mark duo earth_pony equine female feral friendship_is_magic fur hair holidays horn horse humor lyra_heartstrings_(mlp) mammal milkshake multicolored_hair my_little_pony one_eye_closed outside pixelkitties pony pun rainbow sculpture smile st._patrick's_day statue text two_tone_hair unicorn wink yellow_eyes

User: slyroon
Date: May 17, 2016

O16
1 month ago

BlueDingo said:
We currently have a merry_christmas tag for images that say "Merry Christmas" but don't seem to have an equivalent tag for other holidays. Should we create equivalent tags for other holidays or change merry_christmas to something more general like holiday_message and apply it to all messages of this nature (Season's greetings, Happy Easter, etc.) so users can search it and the holiday name (eg. holiday_message valentine's_day) to get images containing a holiday-specific message?

2016 anthro bell breasts candy candy_cane chest_tuft christmas clothing costume doc_nickel feline female food fur green_eyes hair halter_top hand_behind_back holding_object holiday_message holidays holly_(plant) leopard looking_at_viewer low_res mammal merry_christmas midriff navel object_in_mouth patreon pirta_(the_whiteboard) plant simple_background skirt smile snow_leopard solo tail_bell text the_whiteboard tuft webcomic white_background white_belly white_fur white_hair

User: imagoober
Date: December 25, 2016 3_toes ambiguous_gender antennae arthropod barefoot butterfly chest_tuft davidkawena day easter english_text feral flying fur grass green_eyes grey_fur group holiday_message holidays insect insect_wings lagomorph looking_at_another looking_up mammal mouse nude open_mouth open_smile outside pointing rabbit red_nose rodent side_view sitting size_difference sketch sky smile tan_fur text toes toony tuft whiskers wings

User: BlueDingo
Date: December 23, 2016

Although searching a holiday name with text (eg. christmas text) can usually find these images, it will also find many other images that don't contain the holiday message.

2017 akiric anthro bonnie_hopps canine christmas christmas_tree clothed clothing comic cub dialogue disney english_text female fox gift group hat holidays hug judy_hopps lagomorph male mammal nick_wilde rabbit santa_hat stu_hopps text tree young zootopia

Score: 6
User: JAKXXX3
Date: January 25, 2017 blood easter easter_bunny easter_eggs english_text holidays humor lagomorph laugh mammal rabbit text unknown_artist

User: puffleyiffler
Date: May 26, 2016 <3 holidays humor insult mammal marsupial open_mouth opossum reaction_image salkitten solo teeth text tongue trash valentine's_day

Score: 69
User: citrakayah
Date: April 29, 2016 blue_eyes bonbon_(mlp) cutie_mark duo earth_pony equine female feral friendship_is_magic fur hair holidays horn horse humor lyra_heartstrings_(mlp) mammal milkshake multicolored_hair my_little_pony one_eye_closed outside pixelkitties pony pun rainbow sculpture smile st._patrick's_day statue text two_tone_hair unicorn wink yellow_eyes

User: slyroon
Date: May 17, 2016

At first, I didin't saw the necessity for such tag; but after some consideration, I noticed that it is perfectly possible that people want to see holiday messages, and since one specific tag for each holiday seem unnecessary, "holiday_message" may work. Also, the menssage in question may be non-verbal (e.g. pictographics), hence search for "text + holiday_name" might fail in bring the wanted results.

-----------------

Question: like "penetration", " knotting" also shouldn't be used in case of penetrable sex toys, don't it?

O16 said:
At first, I didin't saw the necessity for such tag; but after some consideration, I noticed that it is perfectly possible that people want to see holiday messages, and since one specific tag for each holiday seem unnecessary, "holiday_message" may work. Also, the menssage in question may be non-verbal (e.g. pictographics), hence search for "text + holiday_name" might fail in bring the wanted results.

The only question now is, should birthdays be included? Technically not a holiday but people tend to treat it like one and it does have a related message (Happy Birthday).

O16 said:
Question: like "penetration", " knotting" also shouldn't be used in case of penetrable sex toys, don't it?

Knotting implies sex. Sex, and all tags implying it, only apply if it's being done to a character.

O16
1 month ago

BlueDingo said:
The only question now is, should birthdays be included? Technically not a holiday but people tend to treat it like one and it does have a related message (Happy Birthday).

I think not, it is considerably away from the concept of "holiday":

I) It is an event directly related to a specific person, usually afecting only close individuals.

II) It may occur at any date (according with this person's birthdate, of course).

BlueDingo said:
Knotting implies sex. Sex, and all tags implying it, only apply if it's being done to a character.

I) I know it, these two questions were only to be as sure as possible before continuing the discusion on forum #220078.

II) Maybe this implication need to be reevaluated due the existence of knotted dildos.

rail vs. railing vs. guard_rail, hand_rail and grab_bar

These tags sorta mean the same thing. Should we try to use the more specific terms (guard_rail, hand_rail and grab_bar) when possible or tag all of them as either rail or railing? Some are clearly one type while others are either difficult to tell, look the same as another type or are technically more than one type. Wikipedia has pages to all three listed under railing.

aaros_(artist) anthro car clothed clothing day detailed_background dragon horn male membranous_wings outside road sky solo standing sun topless vehicle wings

Score: 5
User: Millcore
Date: October 01, 2016 absurd_res cat cloud dragon_ball dragon_ball_z english_text eyes_closed facing_viewer feline floor fur hi_res holt5 korin male mammal rail railing sky solo staff standing stick stones text wallpaper whiskers white_fur

Score: 0
User: Holt5
Date: August 01, 2016Guard Rail
Hand Rail
2004 4_fingers anthro big_eyes black_and_white clothed clothing crossdressing female fluffy fluffy_tail footwear fully_clothed fur hair hat holding_object joe_rosales leaning looking_aside mammal monochrome necktie open_mouth outside pocket_watch shoes short_hair skunk solo suit train train_conductor uniform waistcoat working

User: Anomynous
Date: March 09, 2008Grab Bar

Images of train tracks also show up in the railing tag. Those need to be sorted as well.

We have a flying_sex tag for characters having sex while flying, but what about when the characters are falling? Can't call it flying sex because flying sex implies flying and these characters are not flying.

keyboard, computer_keyboard, keyboard_(computer). All three tags refer to a computer keyboard.

keyboard, synthesizer, keyboard_(instrument). All three tags refer to a musical instrument.

alasou alpha_channel anthro bare_back blue_eyes equine eyelashes female friendship_is_magic hair hooves horn keyboard looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony nude purple_hair rarity_(mlp) simple_background smile solo standing transparent_background unicorn

Date: September 16, 2016

O16
1 month ago

BlueDingo said:
rail vs. railing vs. guard_rail, hand_rail and grab_bar

These tags sorta mean the same thing. Should we try to use the more specific terms (guard_rail, hand_rail and grab_bar) when possible or tag all of them as either rail or railing? Some are clearly one type while others are either difficult to tell, look the same as another type or are technically more than one type. Wikipedia has pages to all three listed under railing.

aaros_(artist) anthro car clothed clothing day detailed_background dragon horn male membranous_wings outside road sky solo standing sun topless vehicle wings

Date: October 01, 2016 absurd_res cat cloud dragon_ball dragon_ball_z english_text eyes_closed facing_viewer feline floor fur hi_res holt5 korin male mammal rail railing sky solo staff standing stick stones text wallpaper whiskers white_fur

Score: 0
User: Holt5
Date: August 01, 2016Guard Rail
Hand Rail
2004 4_fingers anthro big_eyes black_and_white clothed clothing crossdressing female fluffy fluffy_tail footwear fully_clothed fur hair hat holding_object joe_rosales leaning looking_aside mammal monochrome necktie open_mouth outside pocket_watch shoes short_hair skunk solo suit train train_conductor uniform waistcoat working

User: Anomynous
Date: March 09, 2008Grab Bar

I do not think we need that distinction; however if you decide to keep them (tags) anyway, at least get rid of "hand_rail", it aparently is either a "garb_bar" or "guard_rail" placed on stairs.

BlueDingo said:
We have a flying_sex tag for characters having sex while flying, but what about when the characters are falling? Can't call it flying sex because flying sex implies flying and these characters are not flying.

Suggestion:

Creat the "midair_sex" tag, it would be used for all kinds of sex in midair, don't matter if while flying, floating, falling, being carried by a gust etc. I also suggest the following implications:

BlueDingo said:
keyboard, computer_keyboard, keyboard_(computer). All three tags refer to a computer keyboard.

keyboard, synthesizer, keyboard_(instrument). All three tags refer to a musical instrument.

alasou alpha_channel anthro bare_back blue_eyes equine eyelashes female friendship_is_magic hair hooves horn keyboard looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony nude purple_hair rarity_(mlp) simple_background smile solo standing transparent_background unicorn

Date: September 16, 2016

Suggested aliases:

¹ Probably would be better fix this one manually.

p.s. Sorry for the late answer.

O16 said:
I do not think we need that distinction; however if you decide to keep them (tags) anyway, at least get rid of "hand_rail", it aparently is either a "garb_bar" or "guard_rail" placed on stairs.

This is what I meant by "technically more than one type". In example 2a, the hand rail doubles as a guard rail because it prevents people from walking off the side of the steps. I think the only difference between a hand rail and a grab bar is hand rails help you maintain balance while moving while grab bars help you maintain balance while stationary, which is why they're much shorter and placed on trains and toilet stalls. Since some railings can be difficult to determine, implicating guard_rail and grab_bar to railing might be a good idea.

Of course, ignoring the nuance and aliasing all three to railing is also an option. Less precise but simpler and still correct. We also need to figure out what to do with rail.

O16 said:

Suggestion:

Create the "midair_sex" tag, it would be used for all kinds of sex in midair, don't matter if while flying, floating, falling, being carried by a gust etc. I also suggest the following implications:

+1 to flying_sex I→ midair_sex. We will need a clear definition for midair before considering midair_sex I→ midair because anything from this to this can be considered midair.

O16 said:

Suggested aliases:

¹ Probably would be better fix this one manually.

The problem with keyboard_(instrument) is that technically speaking, the word keyboard doesn't refer to the instrument itself. It only describes the part with the keys. I think "Electronic keyboard" is the most official term for the instrument but people do called it simply "keyboard". What about:

+1 for keyboardkeyboard_(disambiguation).

Genjar
Contributor
1 month ago

O16 said:

Suggestion:

Creat the "midair_sex" tag, it would be used for all kinds of sex in midair, don't matter if while flying, floating, falling, being carried by a gust etc. I also suggest the following implications:

I'd consider sex while falling and sex while flying to be entirely separate kinks. Personally, I like the latter and don't want to see the former. So I'd rather not see them lumped under the same tag.

--
Anyway, unrelated, but I noticed a problem with the koopascalie implication. Even the humanoidized Koopas get the scalie tag now:

Should probably be unimplicated?

Genjar said:
I'd consider sex while falling and sex while flying to be entirely separate kinks. Personally, I like the latter and don't want to see the former. So I'd rather not see them lumped under the same tag.

midair_sex flying would find images of flying sex. midair_sex falling would find images of falling sex. Using midair_sex for all of them saves us from having to make a *_sex tag for every possibility and allows us to tag ambiguous cases.

Genjar said:
Anyway, unrelated, but I noticed a problem with the koopascalie implication. Even the humanized Koopas get the scalie tag now:

Should probably be unimplicated?

Koopagirl shouldn't have the koopa tag because she is not actually a koopa. She is a human(oid?) designed to look vaguely like a koopa, and she is no more a koopa than a catgirl is a cat.

BlueDingo said:
Koopagirl shouldn't have the koopa tag because she is not actually a koopa. She is a human(oid?) designed to look vaguely like a koopa, and she is no more a koopa than a catgirl is a cat.

I would say the Koopagirl is doing a Jessica-Nigri-esque Koopa cosplay...how do you guys handle cosplay tags around here? Because it seems to me when characters cosplay they still get tagged as the thing they are cosplaying as...so she would retain the "koopa" tag, right?

Dyrone said:
I would say the Koopagirl is doing a Jessica-Nigri-esque Koopa cosplay...how do you guys handle cosplay tags around here? Because it seems to me when characters cosplay they still get tagged as the thing they are cosplaying as...so she would retain the "koopa" tag, right?

That's because characters usually cosplay as other characters, and get that character's tag. When they're cosplaying as a species... I don't know.

BlueDingo said:
That's because characters usually cosplay as other characters, and get that character's tag. When they're cosplaying as a species... I don't know.

Well fursuiters "cosplay" as a certain species all the time, and if a fursuiter dresses up as a wolf, the image still gets the wolf tag, no? So same thing here.