Advanced Tag/Wiki Discussion: Specific tags/articles: Usage/Edits, questions, concerns, etc.

In category: Tag/Wiki Projects and Questions

Expanded from forum #159148 so it doesn't get cluttered.

forum link: forum #191799 - Advanced Tag/Wiki Discussion: Specific tags/articles: Usage/Edits, questions, concerns, etc. (Apr. 2016)

This forum is for discussing specific tag and/or wiki articles;

If you want to discuss general standards and guidelines about wiki articles, see

forum #159148- Wiki Standards: Editing and Content (May 2015)

If you want to discuss new tags that are either:
  • newly-created
  • low count (< ~25), see:

forum #181201 - New tags discussion (Jan. 2016)

When discussing a topic in this forum, please remember that the e621 Community Code of Conduct and Site Rules still apply

Note: If something you posted/mentioned is missing from any of the following, please dmail me asap with the relevant info

Topics in this forum so far: Questions [WIP]

+[~5]

No. Tag(s)/Article(s) Title Link
1 gangbang - -
2 happy_sex What counts as happy_sex? -
2a ",solo_focus Can solo_focus posts still count as happy_sex? -
3 realistic Should realistic be used more significantly? -
4 [[]] Should there be a tag for plant humanoids? -
5 ambiguous_species,unknown_species What's the difference between unknown_species and ambiguous_species? -
6 interspecies What counts as interspecies? -
7 [[]] Should there be a specific tag for same species and different species relations? -
8 aroused,horny Why are aroused/arousal aliased to horny? -
9 in_heat Should in_heat imply the above? -
10 curved_penis What exactly counts as a curved penis? -
11 unsusual_genitals What should count as unusual_genitals? -

New tag suggestions

No. Tag/Article Link
5 vertical_pussy forum #2210858
4 humanoid_hair forum #202760
3 spread_orifice forum #202614
2 aberration forum #200676
1 entomophilia/insectphilia etc -

New wiki articles (usually tag groups)

No. Tag/Article
1 tag group:feral anatomy
2 tag group:character relations

Major wiki updates

No. Tag/Article Link Date
1 breasts - -
1a exposed_breasts - -
2 tapering_penis - -
3 tag group:clothing - -
4 tag group:colors - -

Low count tags/articles

No. Tag/Article Title Link
1 curved_penis - -

Useful Links to other discussions:

• forum #197959 - Advanced tag/wiki discussion: Sex Positions (Jun. 2016)

Other forums

forum #215390 - Name suggestion for rubbing a penis on a pussy. (dec 2016)

First one:

forum #191795 - gangbang - consensual and non-consenual variants

▼ Click to collapse

Genjar said:
Here's my reasoning for pruning down the latest Gangbang edit. The addition was:

It is tagged for all types of gangbangs, and there's nothing that suggests otherwise. Gang_rape is already listed in related tags, and it implies gangbang. Therefore, the first line is redundant.

:/ Ok, let's sort this out:

Should we not bother to summarize immediately-related tags in the main tag for it, then?

Like breasts.

I thought the point of the wiki was maximum info accessibility at a glance, with the least amount of effort required. Especially since it's already been established that people seldom check the wiki articles (or show signs of it) as is

Should that be done differently?

-

Happy_sex almost never applies to gangbangs. Those tend to be solo_focus, which excludes happy_sex.

The very first example listed in the gangbang wiki is an example of happy sex

Unless you're saying that solo_focus etc. pictures can't count as happy sex because the other participants' faces are ususally obscured, to which I ask:

Why?
If someone is happy while having sex, and the other partners' emotional states are ambiguous, why wouldn't happy_sex count?

should there a specific tag for mutual happy_sex?

Less than 0.5% of gangbangs are tagged as happy_sex. Only listing tags that are actually related seems like a good guideline.

See above

-

Fucked_silly and looking_pleasured are a bit more common, but I dunno if either is common enough. I kept those in the related tags anyway.

Nothing really new to say about this that wasn't covered above

-

And the tags related to gang_rape should be listed in the gang_rape entry, not in gangbang.

There isn't even a gang_rape wiki article. If someone wanted to know about how the tags related to gangbang are used, why would they look there first?

forum #191520 - Realism Realistic

▼ Click to collapse

Mention of the realistic wiki entry:

https://e926.net/forum/show/191496
https://e926.net/forum/show/191498

-
I think there should be some more things done with realism and toony, in relation to the art styles of posts

There was also another tag (dunno if it's on here too) from other boorus that was used for posts of fanart that were drawn in the original art style of the franchise.

▼ MLP example:

animated blue_feathers blue_fur equine feathered_wings feathers female friendship_is_magic fur hair low_res mammal multicolored_hair multicolored_tail my_little_pony pegasus rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair rainbow_tail smile solo unknown_artist wings

Rating: Safe
Score: 36
User: stimpyyy
Date: November 25, 2014
1. chibi
-

2012 alpha_channel animated blue_feathers blue_fur cutie_mark equine feathered_wings feathers female feral flapping flying friendship_is_magic fur hair iks83 mammal multicolored_hair multicolored_tail my_little_pony pegasus purple_eyes rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair rainbow_tail shadow simple_background solo transparent_background wings

Score: 12
User: 2DUK
Date: September 20, 2012
2. closest to original art style of franchise. toony
-

blue_feathers blue_fur cloud cutie_mark equine feathered_wings feathers female feral friendship_is_magic fur hair mammal multicolored_hair multicolored_tail my_little_pony pegasus ponykillerx purple_eyes rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair rainbow_tail smile solo wings

Score: 33
User: Rukario
Date: May 24, 2012
3. more realistic (mostly shading) than 2, but still close to the original style
-

4. most realistic art style when compared among 2, 3, 4. But still closer to the toony style than 5
-

2013 blue_feathers blue_fur cutie_mark equine feathered_wings feathers female feral fetlocks friendship_is_magic fur hair hooves mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony oomizuao pegasus purple_eyes rainbow_dash_(mlp) rainbow_hair realistic simple_background smile solo teeth wings

Score: 5
User: Falord
Date: July 29, 2013
5. feral rainbow horse with hair

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 240
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

Those sections are getting annoying. I had to prune some formatting just to be able to reply.

titanmelon said:
Should we not bother to summarize immediately-related tags in the main tag for it, then?

Like breasts.

I thought the point of the wiki was maximum info accessibility at a glance, with the least amount of effort required. Especially since it's already been established that people seldom check the wiki articles (or show signs of it) as is

Should that be done differently?

Irrelevant to what I said.
May be consensual, or forced is like saying that it `may be monochrome or colored'. No need to state the obvious. Forced is related to gang_rape but not to gangbang, and the content is assumed to be consensual unless tagged otherwise.

The very first example listed in the gangbang wiki is an example of happy sex

It's an example of happy.
The wiki entry for happy_sex explains the difference.

Happy sex is a common kink (popularized by fanfiction sites) that only applies to sex where all participants are happy. Which is why happy and happy_sex aren't aliased. If there's only one character that looks happy, then it doesn't qualify as happy sex.

And there's no such thing as non-mutual happy sex.

There isn't even a gang_rape wiki article.

Isn't there?

Genjar said:

Ok,

I'm kind of running out of time/energy for now to reply to these issues in detail over and over again without having to address relatively minor things like whether or not the theme is related, or the semantics of a scenario, or single section tags, or whatever else

If you really feel that strongly about it, then that's fine. It doesn't seem as if anyone else is finding an issue with that anyway

I'll wait for others to weigh in before saying anything else about the actual content policies

-

Isn't there?

Whoops, you're right, there is (was probably thinking of mind_break)

That still doesn't change what was addressed in the sentence after that, but like I said above, it doesn't really matter if nobody else thinks it's an issue for the time being. So I won't bring it up again until then

Should humanoid flora_fauna count as humanoids, if the latter is a supplementary type?

flora_humanoid?

titanmelon said:
Should humanoid flora_fauna count as humanoids, if the latter is a supplementary type?

flora_humanoid?

I thought it was plant_humanoid.

looks like that's empty

But plant_humanoid sounds better

Not sure if there's a difference between regular plants, and the humanoid flora_fauna variety

Or if regular plants become flora_fauna when they're humanoid..ized

plant + humanoid = [flora_fauna] + plant_humanoid?

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

titanmelon said:

flora_humanoid?

Here's the same answer as the last couple of times you asked that.
It's a supplementary tag, combinable with other form tags such as humanoid. Flora_fauna tells nothing of what shape the creature has, it just means that the creature has some plant-like characteristics. Occasionally it is tagged by itself, if the creature is just an animated plant (such as Flowey).

What does this have to do with the thread topic, anyway?

What's the difference between unknown_species and ambiguous_species?

I tried to make the distinction more obvious in each article, but not really sure if there's an agreed definition for either

@Genjar:

It's a supplementary tag, combinable with other form tags such as humanoid. Flora_fauna tells nothing of what shape the creature has, it just means that the creature has some plant-like characteristics.

So what tag should we use for plant humanoids?

I asked in here because humanoid has no mention of plant humanoids/flora fauna humanoids

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

titanmelon said:
What's the difference between unknown_species and ambiguous_species?

I tried to make the distinction more obvious in each article, but not really sure if there's an agreed definition for either

Yep, those are fine. Unknown_species for ones that might be recognizable by someone, ambiguous_species for ones that are clearly ambiguous.

Both are low-priority tags, since they don't serve any purpose beyond being tagging aids (as far as I can tell).

titanmelon said:
So what tag should we use for plant humanoids?

...humanoid, plus whatever is the actual species (dryad and alraune are common examples). Plus the flora_fauna as a supplementary tag.

Genjar said:

Why shouldn't there be a dedicated tag for plant humanoids?

-

Hm actually, you have a good point there

I think I may change this forum to cover both specific tags and their wiki articles instead, as a macroforum of sorts until/if it gets too cluttered

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

titanmelon said:
Why shouldn't there be a dedicated tag for plant humanoids?

Same reason why we don't have tags such as undead_humanoid, demon_humanoid, food_humanoid, elemental_humanoid, mineral_humanoid, alien_humanoid, tolkienesque_humanoid, etc.

They're rare, rarely relevant to the site, and (unlike animal_humanoids) most fall under existing species tags such as dryad, alraune, floran, etc.

Genjar said:
Same reason why we don't have tags such as undead_humanoid, demon_humanoid, food_humanoid, elemental_humanoid, mineral_humanoid, alien_humanoid, tolkienesque_humanoid, etc.

They're rare, rarely relevant to the site, and (unlike animal_humanoids) most fall under existing species tags such as dryad, alraune, floran, etc.

Having an umbrella tag for a group of tags that are similar doesn't hurt, Genjar. In fact, it helps. People who want to see Florans may notice "Oh hey, Plant humanoids are a tag" and go check that out so they can see the not-quite-Starbound ones.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Furrin_Gok said:
Having an umbrella tag for a group of tags that are similar doesn't hurt, Genjar.

It kind of does when we a single character ends up with dozen species tags.

But the main reason not to do it is because splitting flora_fauna would take a lot of work, and would make tagging those more confusing. It takes years for the users to adapt whenever the usage of long-established tags is changed, and usually a few of them need to be reported for tagging by the old definition.

And all for an almost unnoticeable benefit: humanoid flora_fauna works fine.

Genjar said:
It kind of does when we a single character ends up with dozen species tags.

But the main reason not to do it is because splitting flora_fauna would take a lot of work, and would make tagging those more confusing. It takes years for the users to adapt whenever the usage of long-established tags is changed, and usually a few of them need to be reported for tagging by the old definition.

And all for an almost unnoticeable benefit: humanoid flora_fauna works fine.

What "Old way" exists that would be so vastly different we would be reporting people? plant_humanoid would imply both of those tags anyways, and so the old way is still here, we just get a connecting tag to make tagging go quicker.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Furrin_Gok said:
What "Old way" exists that would be so vastly different we would be reporting people? plant_humanoid would imply both of those tags anyways, and so the old way is still here, we just get a connecting tag to make tagging go quicker.

So it'd be implicated, instead of splitting flora_fauna like Titanmelon suggested? Hm. That might work better, but then what about the other forms? Should subtags be added for those too?

Genjar said:
So it'd be implicated, instead of splitting flora_fauna like Titanmelon suggested? Hm. That might work better, but then what about the other forms? Should subtags be added for those too?

Other forms? We don't tag things like feral_feline as a joint tag.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Furrin_Gok said:
Other forms? We don't tag things like feral_feline as a joint tag.

See, that's what I don't understand. Why should there be a joint tag for humanoid_flora_fauna ('plant humanoid'), but not for feral_flora_fauna etc?

Genjar said:
See, that's what I don't understand. Why should there be a joint tag for humanoid_flora_fauna ('plant humanoid'), but not for feral_flora_fauna etc?

Why should there be a joint tag for humanoid and feline? If you want to support the inclusion of the tag, it's better to offer a reason, than a counterargument to the opposite tag.

Updates/changelog
  • Updated OP to include both tag and wiki discussion (thanks to @Genjar for the idea)
    • Added link to forum #197959 - Advanced tag/wiki discussion: Sex Positions (Jun. 2016)
    • I'll add more stuff to the OP soon..ish

Genjar said:

Looking back on this, maybe feral would be good to tag for animal-like flora fauna

Putting this in here, rather than tagging project sticky:

Definition of interspecies

Wiki for interspecies says:

They should always be from different family sub-classes (e.g., feline/canine, equine/cetacean, but not lion/tiger). A good rule of thumb is if they can realistically breed offspring this should not be used.

i.e.

- interspecies

- Not interspecies

If this is true (the bottom example is currently tagged as interspecies anyway),

Then should there be a specific tag for inter-..species scenes?

Such as [lion x tiger], [dog x fox], [horse x zebra] etc.

Genjar said:

Oh, probably didn't explain that clearly enough. Here's what I was proposing:

-
This still doesn't have a tag for feral animal-plant hybrids either,

Furrin_Gok said:
Looking back on this, maybe feral would be good to tag for animal-like flora fauna

maybe something like feral_flora?

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

The usage of 'interspecies' seems so obvious to most that hardly anyone checks the wiki. It's probably futile to try to keep it tagged contrary to the actual meaning of the word: two different species. Which applies to both of the above examples.

Genjar said:
The usage of 'interspecies' seems so obvious to most that hardly anyone checks the wiki. It's probably futile to try to keep it tagged contrary to the actual meaning of the word: two different species. Which applies to both of the above examples.

So, does this mean that the wiki for interspecies should remove the requirement that the relationship be actually interfamilial? ("They should always be from different sub-classes" = interfamilial)
Then it would be in a sense, 'okay' to tag such images like coyote+dog or lion+jaguar as interspecies, as obvious it may be.

titanmelon said:
If this is true (the bottom example is currently tagged as interspecies anyway),

Then should there be a specific tag for inter-..species scenes?

Such as [lion x tiger], [dox x fox], [horse x zebra] etc.

I feel searching [interspecies dog fox] would be sufficient enough instead of [dog_on_fox/fox_on_dog (?)]

However, there is always the probability that using such tags would end up with the dog and fox present, but not actually engaging in sexual activity... (Other animals engaging instead)
Thus, having a specific tag can remove the need for searching all three and just go straight to the actual specific interspecies scene, without any chance of lacking the interspecies activity that one wishes to find.

This will need more input from others, other than something like me alone. I tend to make things harder/overly meticulous in my perfectionism. However, it does sound to be of convenient use in my opinion.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

BlueMoonstruckWolf said:
So, does this mean that the wiki for interspecies should remove the requirement that the relationship be actually interfamilial? ("They should always be from different sub-classes" = interfamilial)

The post count is too high for regular clean ups, and it will keep getting tagged contrary to the wiki. So the only solution I can see is to change the definition to how it's already tagged: any interspecies.

And then we could add subtags for more distant relations. Can't think of good names on the spot. ...maybe something that resembles existing tags. mammal/avian or mammal_on_avian or whatever.

Definitely not on the fox_on_dog level. That'd result in far too many combos.

[replies pending]
-

Does anyone know why aroused and arousal are aliased to horny, instead of the other way around?

(this isn't a complaint or anything, just found it a bit odd)
-

Should in_heat imply any of the above tags?

Breasts wiki update

Since this a rather main article, mentioning it in here: