Janitor and Moderator/Admin applications are now CLOSED!

In category: General

Long story short: We're looking for new Janitors and Moderators to bolster our ranks out a bit.

We're looking for dependable people that can invest an hour or two daily into the page to help keep everything afloat and in proper order.
Requirements are that you're dependable, consistent in your decisions, a team player, responsible, and fair to users. We would also require that you join our private Slack team, in order for us to discuss any issues as they come up, and to make sure that we're all on the same level regarding our rules and enforcement of the same.

If you're unfamiliar with what the different jobs do:

▼ Duties:

Janitor:

• Moderation queue:
    • Approve submissions that follow our guidelines
    • Delete submissions that don't follow our guidelines
    • Handle images flagged for deletion

Moderator/Administrator:

• Ticket system (Admin only)
    • Handle user tickets as they come in, escalate as needed
  • Tags and Wiki
    • Handles Aliases and Implications with the team
    • Create / correct Wikipages
  • Moderation queue
    • Hand out records for DNP violations
    • Same as Janitor

Both:

• Be helpful to users

In addition to that we're also looking for another developer or two, if you're interested in that position you'd need to know Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Javascript, CSS, as well HTML.

If you think you have what it takes please please fill out the questionnaire here and we will contact you within a couple of days.

These are volunteer positions, so obviously your real life has higher priority than helping on e621 and as such the time requirements, as well as what you'd like to help out with, aren't set in stone but are more rough guidelines.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

And we're done here.

We have now 119 applications to sort through. Thank you for applying!

Wow...sounds like a lot to take in. :/

null0010
Contributor
1 year ago

wow that is a lot more involved than back in my day

One to two hours daily? Easy enough.

null0010 said:
wow that is a lot more involved than back in my day

We have grown quite a bit.

GameManiac said:
One to two hours daily? Easy enough.

Rough estimate, the goal is to bring it down by having more people.

Chaser
Janitor
1 year ago
ambiguous_gender animated cat cute feline feral low_res mammal poyo poyopoyo_kansatsu_nikki surprise unknown_artist waking whiskers

Rating: Safe
Score: 43
User: snö.katt
Date: November 04, 2014

Eghghh I like to help but I'm probably not up to e621 moderation standards(I'm dumb and too loose on rules when moderating which has backfired), and of all the listed coding stuff, I only know the last 3.
Hope you guys find some good team members though!

NotMeNotYou said:
Long story short: We're looking for new Janitors and Moderators to bolster our ranks out a bit.

We're looking for dependable people that can invest an hour or two daily into the page to help keep everything afloat and in proper order.
Requirements are that you're dependable, consistent in your decisions, a team player, responsible, and fair to users. We would also require that you join our private Slack team, in order for us to discuss any issues as they come up, and to make sure that we're all on the same level regarding our rules and enforcement of the same.

▼ Duties:

Janitor:

• Moderation queue:

Moderator/Administrator:

• Tags and Wiki
  • Moderation queue
    • Same as Janitor

Both:

• Be helpful to users

In addition to that we're also looking for another developer or two, if you're interested in that position you'd need to know Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, Javascript, CSS, as well HTML.

If you think you have what it takes please please fill out the questionnaire here and we will contact you within a couple of days.

I'm interested! What's the pay rate?

ebd
1 year ago

Applied.

Rath460 said:
I'm interested! What's the pay rate?

Volunteer position, so sadly unpaid.

Aanyi
1 year ago
2017 alcohol aliasing anthro beverage black_and_white bottle clothed clothing digital_media_(artwork) disney eyes_closed jack_savage lagomorph male mammal monochrome rabbit reaction_image replytoanons shot_glass simple_background sitting solo stripes suit table tears white_background zootopia

Score: 17
User: Corniscopic
Date: February 26, 2017

Are there any qualifications for a job like this? Is there an evaluation once the job is filled? Sounds like a good deal of power that could be utilized in the wrong hands.

Wow. Both of two are hard to me..

Aanyi said:
Are there any qualifications for a job like this? Is there an evaluation once the job is filled? Sounds like a good deal of power that could be utilized in the wrong hands.

Everybody will be trained and monitored, and if the worst comes to the worst we still have tools to make clean up quick and painless.

JGG3
1 year ago
amphibian animal_humanoid anthro asui_tsuyu black_and_white black_hair breasts clothed clothing dessert english_text female food frog_humanoid hair hat humanoid ice_cream inkerton-kun low_res monochrome my_hero_academia not_furry raised_eyebrows smile solo text tongue tongue_out wide_eyed

Score: 45
User: ROTHY
Date: March 01, 2016

It's great to see this site grow, this is my favorite furry website by far.

I was just wondering a few days ago, if/how I should apply. And now this is a thing.

Since I'm graduating college next month, I was wondering: is the developer position paid?

Sounds intriguing, if you'll let me i wouldn't mind

NotMeNotYou said:
Long story short: We're looking for new Janitors and Moderators to bolster our ranks out a bit...

...If you think you have what it takes please please fill out the questionnaire here

It's a dream come true. I must apply at once!

Edit:
I did it, I did it!

(And now I wait.)

I'd love to help out! I'll fill the form right away.

Applied.
I will do as much as I can to help out. Also, do I join the Slack team before or after becoming a staff member? How do I join?

SaimonPSmith said:
I was just wondering a few days ago, if/how I should apply. And now this is a thing.

Since I'm graduating college next month, I was wondering: is the developer position paid?

Unfortunately, no.

Omnicidal said:
Applied.
I will do as much as I can to help out. Also, do I join the Slack team before or after becoming a staff member? How do I join?

After, and we'll get new staffers set up on Slack eventually.

Xenjin said:
After, and we'll get new staffers set up on Slack eventually.

Eventually being directly after hiring, but it's one an invite-only basis by design.

Ukko
1 year ago
aircraft aircraft_humanoid anthro azure_nyoki claws dragon hair horn living_aircraft living_machine machine male membranous_wings robot saberuneko scalie simple_background smile solo wings

Score: 4
User: Saberuneko
Date: December 09, 2015

Ukko reporting for duty.
May e621 dominate over all other galleries.
(which it already does, kinda)

I sent my application, I am very interested to join Slack temporarily and meet the team, see how they operate, get to know each others.

Would be a great experience knowing e621 is run by people,not robot. Sometime we forget that people spend time and effort behind the scene for this to happen, and are rarely credited.

Xenjin said:
Unfortunately, no.

Okay, thanks. I'm still interested in getting involved, so my application is in.

Qmannn said:
How much time do staff members currently invest into e6 on average?

I invest 5-8h for everything (Modqueue, takedowns, emails, dmails, tickets, various other things). The others a lot less, if I had to guess somewhere around 1-2h for most.

My staff application has been sent in!~ Wonder if I get a staff in return, with a hat and robe.

BlurredLight said:
My staff application has been sent in!~ Wonder if I get a staff in return, with a hat and robe.

BlurredLight- Wizard of all that is pron.

NotMeNotYou said:

▼ Duties:

Janitor:

• Moderation queue:

Moderator/Administrator:

• Tags and Wiki
  • Moderation queue
    • Same as Janitor

Both:

• Be helpful to users

These are volunteer positions, so obviously your real life has higher priority than helping on e621 and as such the time requirements, as well as what you'd like to help out with, aren't set in stone but are more rough guidelines.

Being someone who spends way more time on this site than I should, I'm kinda interested.

Is there a way to edit your application after sending it in? there is so many details I realised I could've elaborated on afterwards.

Edit:Just realised, applying for a position with two Nazis as my avatar. what could go wrong? lol. god I should change that

GD82
1 year ago
album_cover anthro canine clothing cover dog gun heavy_metal hi_res male mammal metal ranged_weapon rocket_launcher solo space the_lord_weird_slough_feg traveller unknown_artist vargr weapon

Score: 7
User: GD82
Date: May 01, 2014

FeedTheFurry said:
Edit:Just realised, applying for a position with two Nazis as my avatar. what could go wrong? lol. god I should change that

But they're such cute nazis...

On topic, had this come up not even month ago I would've applied immediately, I have experience as a sysadmin and network admin in a mid-sized corp (funny thing i noticed in there, lots of furries and weebs in the computing and tech fields). Unfortunately, i just landed an actual job which has a very variable schedule. My paychecks will have to come first, for now.