New tags discussion

In category: Tag/Wiki Projects and Questions

Creating this thread as a simple way to signal/advertise recently created "missing" tags, since updating the wiki is not always needed and few people check it for updates anyway.

I'll start with reporting Sideways oral for holding the penis shaft while the tip remains out (though I've used it once with penis lick):

And balancing_on_tail for a pause most commonly associated with kangaroos (Existing tag found to be tail_stand. Aliasing has been proposed ):

2015 5_fingers anthro balancing_on_tail bodypaint brown_fur bulge caspar clothed clothing collarbone eyes_closed feet foot_wraps front_view fur grin hand_wraps hoodie humanoid_feet kangaroo male mammal marsupial open_clothing partially_clothed plantigrade shorts simple_background smile solo spread_legs spreading tan_fur teeth white_background winterbalg wraps

Rating: Safe
Score: 9
User: TonyLemur
Date: April 16, 2015

Spoon_position now exists for actual sex while spooning:

And triangle_position covers the "reverse spitroast" (note that kissing to form a full triangle is not required!):

furrypickle
Former Staff
1 year ago
4_toes ambiguous_gender big_ears black_background black_claws black_nose canine claws detailed digitigrade fennekin feral fire fur hanmonster hindpaw inner_ear_fluff long_mouth looking_up mammal neck_tuft nintendo no_sclera paws pokémon pokémon_(species) red_eyes simple_background sitting slit_pupils snout solo toes tuft video_games whiskers yellow_fur

Score: 70
User: ippiki_ookami
Date: July 30, 2014

Not sure which is best, but just want to point out that we also have tail_stand for the balancing_on_tail meaning. We should probably pick one of those to go with and alias the other to it.

Balancing_on_tail is nicely descriptive. Slightly wordy but still doable.
Tail_stand is older, slightly bigger. It follows the same syntax as headstand, handstand, shoulderstand/shoulder_stand, etc.

Any thoughts?

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Score: 250
User: Genjar
Date: May 29, 2013

I wasn't even aware of tail_stand. That's not the first tag that I would've searched for if I was looking for such posts. Merge it into balancing_on_tail?

(Wasn't aware of shoulder_stand either. I've been tagging those simply as upside_down, though that's less specific.)

Speaking of new tags, I've started adding to the unusual_position tag. It's meant for extremely unusual (and often impossibly awkward) sex positions. The tag name follows the same standard as unusual_penis.

Genjar said:
(Wasn't aware of shoulder_stand either. I've been tagging those simply as upside_down, though that's less specific.)

I've been Using on_shoulders + upside_down. Given it comes up a LOT (o.e. most cases of piledriver or reverse piledriver position), it's surprising such a tag is so underused.

I've started alias threads for Balancing and Shoulderstand

cum on cake has arisen as a frequent case of cum on food:

rubbing head cover a certain gesture associated with embarrassment or tiredness (I'm also looking for pictures to tag with rubbing chin):

on top of has been unaliased (thank you parasprite!) for use with things like in lap or mounting:

And just advertising no visible genitalia, a tag that could stand to see more use for pics of sex and masturbation where, well, no genitalia are actually visible:

Circeus said:
And just advertising no visible genitalia, a tag that could stand to see more use for pics of sex and masturbation where, well, no genitalia are actually visible:

What's wrong with ~sex ~masturbation -penis -vagina?

Maxpizzle said:
What's wrong with ~sex ~masturbation -penis -vagina?

How about "it takes four tags and there's a fucking tag limit when searching"?

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago
2011 annoyed antennae arthropod biped black_markings blue_eyes clear_membrane clothed clothing crossed_arms cute duo feral front_view green_body human insect insect_wings lifting lol_comments male mammal markings moth nisimawari pellucid_hawk_moth portrait quadruped shirt shorts simple_background solo_focus spread_wings standing three-quarter_portrait three-quarter_view traditional_media_(artwork) watercolor_(artwork) white_background wings

Circeus said:

Why is it needed? Doesn't seem like something that the users would search for; and we don't usually tag things that aren't visible, as evident from all the no_* tags that have been invalidated.

Creating butt_cleavage because If there's a tag that covers plumber's crack and similar situations, I can't find it!

picking_up_the_soap exist for your cliché prison rape/shower room sex needs

parasprite
Former Staff
1 year ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Score: 34
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

Circeus said:
butt_cleavage

I approve of this name.

I would really like for chromatic_aberration to get more attention. This tag isn't exactly new, but not used enough comparison how much it's used, some artist basically use it with all their stuff. Several users actually tagged images as stereogram.

animatronic canine chromatic_aberration five_nights_at_freddy's five_nights_at_freddy's_2 fox glowing glowing_eyes machine mammal mangle_(fnaf) open_mouth robot silver-heartcrosser video_games

Score: 5
User: Kario-xi
Date: April 24, 2015

Second image actually has variant without camera hud and also the effect then disabled. Third and fourth images were actually tagged as anaglyph stereograms.

If you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have even noticed those pictures had any effects to them. I'm guessing chromatic_aberration is that 3D coloring trick?

Furrin_Gok said:
If you hadn't pointed it out, I wouldn't have even noticed those pictures had any effects to them. I'm guessing chromatic_aberration is that 3D coloring trick?

I guess wikipedia explains this better than I ever will, but in a nutshell, it's an effect caused by camera where colors get bit distorted. Have gotten popular in games as well. Usually it's really subtle effect (like first and second example), but if artist has no idea how to use it, then it can look like anaglyph stereogram to naked eye.

It's pretty easy to distinguish the two, if red/blue edge moves same amount of pixels on objects that should be near and far (wherever you are~~) then image doesn't have any depth and thus is badly applied chromatic aberration, like the last example image.

Created a Thigh_squish tag because of the dissapointing absence of tags relating to the depiction thighs being visibly squished in some way.

Basically breast_squish except for thighs.

Recursion said:
Created a Thigh_squish tag because of the dissapointing absence of tags relating to the depiction thighs being visibly squished in some way.

The wiki for breast squish says it's when they're pressed against something, in which case, that first picture does not fit the tag.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Another new sex position tag, to fill in the blanks: arch_position. Unlike most uncommon positions, this one has a relatively easy to understand name. The top is kneeling, while the bottom is in a partial bridge position (supported by shoulders or arms, with lifted back).
I'm not good at describing sex positions. Maybe the thumbnails will make it clearer.

Recursion said:

Wouldn't against_wall, on_glass, and sitting net you similar results?

Circeus said:
Creating butt_cleavage because If there's a tag that covers plumber's crack and similar situations, I can't find it!

Please ignore this because apparently it was aliased without discussion a year ago...

GameManiac said:
Wouldn't against_wall, on_glass, and sitting net you similar results?

Also could discussion about the usefulness of the new tags be by starting separate threads? It's going to get more eyes and will avoid cluttering this one.

Circeus said:
Please ignore this because apparently it was aliased without discussion a year ago...

That's kind of lame. Butt Cleavage should imply butt, yes, but not alias to it.

furrypickle
Former Staff
1 year ago
4_toes ambiguous_gender big_ears black_background black_claws black_nose canine claws detailed digitigrade fennekin feral fire fur hanmonster hindpaw inner_ear_fluff long_mouth looking_up mammal neck_tuft nintendo no_sclera paws pokémon pokémon_(species) red_eyes simple_background sitting slit_pupils snout solo toes tuft video_games whiskers yellow_fur

Circeus said:

Furrin_Gok said:
That's kind of lame. Butt Cleavage should imply butt, yes, but not alias to it.

There was a discussion https://e926.net/forum/show/132704 but it looks like most people were ambivalent or leaning towards an implication instead. It might be worth bringing up again if people miss it and think they would use it.

Genjar said:
Another new sex position tag, to fill in the blanks: arch_position. Unlike most uncommon positions, this one has a relatively easy to understand name. The top is kneeling, while the bottom is in a partial bridge position (supported by shoulders or arms, with lifted back).
I'm not good at describing sex positions. Maybe the thumbnails will make it clearer.

reverse wheelbarrow_position?

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Knotty_Curls said:

Close, but the top is kneeling instead of standing.

Knotty_Curls said:

Funnyily enough, Reverse_wheelbarrow_position came up in a different discussion not so long ago XD

I would be fine applying either name to both the kneeling and standing versions. After all, IMO the defining feature of wheelbarrow position has more to do with the legs held up than the top standing.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

Circeus said:
I would be fine applying either name to both the kneeling and standing versions. After all, IMO the defining feature of wheelbarrow position has more to do with the legs held up than the top standing.

Yeah, and the reverse wheelbarrow is so uncommon that it probably wouldn't be worthwhile to have an another tag for it. So yes, maybe both would fit under the same tag.

Genjar
Former Staff
1 year ago

I was adding missing tags to underwater images and stumbled upon a little used underwater_sex tag. And I figured that as long as I'm tagging related things, I might as well add that one too.

Does it seem worth keeping? Searching for underwater sex gets decent results now that I've added a lot of missing tags, but underwater_sex is pretty similar to already existing tags such as flying_sex.

(By the way, those posts were severely undertagged. Many had, for instance, bubbles tag but lacked underwater, water, sex, etc. Sheesh. Tagging priorities...)

parasprite
Former Staff
1 year ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Score: 34
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

Genjar said:
I was adding missing tags to underwater images and stumbled upon a little used underwater_sex tag. And I figured that as long as I'm tagging related things, I might as well add that one too.

Does it seem worth keeping? Searching for underwater sex gets decent results now that I've added a lot of missing tags, but underwater_sex is pretty similar to already existing tags such as flying_sex.

(By the way, those posts were severely undertagged. Many had, for instance, bubbles tag but lacked underwater, water, sex, etc. Sheesh. Tagging priorities...)

I'm going to go ahead and imply underwater_sex to underwater and sex so this one doesn't get lost. I could see getting good use out of this one.

Genjar said:

Undertagging is a problem in general, but one that is always going to be somewhat inherent to the site. Also Underwater_sex is indeed a very appropriate tag!

There are now meta tags for bad_metadata (mostly for corrupted/incorrect previews, it seems) and huge_filesize.

I'm not entirely sure what a teddy_(clothing) precisely is (I'm useless with female underwear and english fashion terms in general ^_^;;), but there's a tag for it.

anthro avian beak bell bird breasts christmas cleavage clothed clothing corvid crow drpickelle feathered_wings feathers female green_eyes holidays hybrid inviting katrice_breewing lingerie looking_at_viewer mistletoe orange_feathers plant red_bottomwear red_topwear seagull smile solo teddy_(clothing) wide_hips wings

Score: 12
User: HoboAssassin
Date: December 20, 2013

Circeus said:
There are now meta tags for bad_metadata (mostly for corrupted/incorrect previews, it seems) and huge_filesize.

I'm not entirely sure what a teddy_(clothing) precisely is (I'm useless with female underwear and english fashion terms in general ^_^;;), but there's a tag for it.

anthro avian beak bell bird breasts christmas cleavage clothed clothing corvid crow drpickelle feathered_wings feathers female green_eyes holidays hybrid inviting katrice_breewing lingerie looking_at_viewer mistletoe orange_feathers plant red_bottomwear red_topwear seagull smile solo teddy_(clothing) wide_hips wings

Teddy is a one-piece lingirie.

furrypickle
Former Staff
1 year ago

Circeus said:

I think that first image is actually mistagged and should be under babydoll instead. But the second image looks correct for teddy_(clothing).

In the most simplistic of terms, as I understand it:

Teddy_(clothing) is like a one-piece_swimsuit... except that it stops just above the breasts/cleavage line. (So no real sleeves or shoulder straps or neckline usually). It's lingerie, all one piece, covers the crotch, the stomach/torso and roughly as much of the breasts as a bra would cover. They can be transparent or not, have cutouts or not, and sometimes have all sorts of lingerie decorations (lace, bows, etc). But basically, it's like a combination-panty-and-bra that is one continuous piece so it also-covers-the-stomach.

Babygirl often resembles some variation of what looks like a bra with a flimsy curtain attached to it (pretending to be a top/shirt). It's awesome, but mainly meant for sexiness and not practicality.

Hudson
Former Staff
1 year ago
anthro black_fur black_hair black_nose canine cheek_tuft chest_tuft chicago-lollie clothed clothing ear_tuft facial_hair fox fur gloves_(marking) goatee hair hat lapfox_trax male mammal markings multicolored_fur nurse nurse_uniform red_fur renard_queenston sharp_teeth slit_pupils solo teeth tuft uniform virtual_boy white_fur yellow_eyes

Score: 59
User: Hudson
Date: August 21, 2016

Circeus said:
Undertagging is a problem in general, but one that is always going to be somewhat inherent to the site.

Maybe we could organize some kind of mass-tagging project in which we focus on a specific tag and inflate it all over e621 on relevant images?

Also, shouldn't triangle position imply threesome? It can only be done with 3 or more characters.