bout to go to bed but i was deciding on what music to listen to and remembered this from when i played RPG maker games more often. i first heard of the artist from the game Alter A.I.L.A.. good game iirc with multiple story paths that branch based on your choices at key points. don't think i ever finished all the paths (do all...3? paths and i think a 4th final path begins leading to the true final boss battle.)

DJ ASK, that's not all of their work and i think only track from this playlist used in the game is Digital Confession. from what little digging i've done just now, ASK looks to be one of those obscure japanese artists (there's a DJ ASK youtube channel but none of the guys tracks are among the videos so i have my doubts on whether or not that's the actual DJ ASK though i could be wrong.)

another good one (band this time, i think) is M.O.V.E. and they've done some of the opening themes for the anime, Initial D.

oh wow, looks like M.O.V.E. even did the ending credits theme for dynasty warriors 2 so they've done anime themes, video game themes, and other stuff too.

edit: i found DJ ASK'S website! uh, i'm using google translate so let me know if the link doesn't work and i'll get it without the translation.

DJ ASK's site, track list

no download links but there is the track list there. :)

edit: Tales of Berseria Intro

VERY well animated (it's amazing the quality they can get with animation, 2D i mean, these days.) with some great music that lines up perfectly with the animation.

I like almost everykind of music. From classic 'till what you like.

been listening to sonic youth and black flag a lot lately

Since I'm on this thread again

Persona 4 and Persona 5 have awesome soundtracks.

So does basically every Sonic game ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb2LwEE8oiM

Blackmore's night- world of stone, live

treos
9 days ago
2016 bandanna cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna koopa mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background solo undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 21
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

Final Fantasy XV OST - Battle on the Big Bridge (Episode Gladiolus Version)

quite different from the usual remix of Gilgamesh's theme (we have lyrics this time!) but still quite good sounding overall.

treos said:
Final Fantasy XV OST - Battle on the Big Bridge (Episode Gladiolus Version)

quite different from the usual remix of Gilgamesh's theme (we have lyrics this time!) but still quite good sounding overall.

Classical arrangement of a rock song. Not bad.

treos
9 days ago
2016 bandanna cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna koopa mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background solo undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 21
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

BlueDingo said:
Classical arrangement of a rock song. Not bad.

the actual fight is a little different too as well as Gilgamesh's attitude and behavior. gone is the multi-armed kooky kabuki, now it's a far more serious warrior testing the worthiness of the king's protectors who already lost his left arm to a previous "shield".

it's really quite unusual to see someone like gilgamesh acting so serious instead of how goofy he usually is.

edit: actually, now that i think about it. going by what is said on the wiki this version of Gilgamesh isn't the dimension hopping sword collector known throughout the rest of the franchise. he's similar in how he collects swords and fights on a bridge but that's largely where the similarities end.

apparently, this gilgamesh served as the founder king's shield in XV (at least 2000 years before the games events). so this isn't the more commonly known warrior called gilgamesh.

o.O i wonder if there are any other worlds with versions of him like this. cause i've only ever seen the multi-arm kabuki version in the vast majority of final fantasy worlds. and in XIII-2 he was testing out more modern weapons like guns in the coliseum. only to change his mind and go back to melee weapons when he found the new toys weren't particularly to his liking. which is understandable.

you spend all that time focusing on only one or two weapon types and it'd probably be hard to change things up much beyond trying them out as a curiosity or something.

edit2: o.O hmmm... you know, i never really thought about it that much but...do i really need both the castlevania 64 OST AND the castlevania legacy of darkness OST? i mean, they're both N64 games and iirc legacy of darkness is basically built on top of the pre-existing castlevania 64 game. it's literally just extra content.

Anyone dig Sim Gretina? Pretty great stuff.