Been listening to a bunch of reggae recently. This is one of the more interesting things I've happened across. Also oddly furry-relevant, in a way.

Tarkus on never ending repeat.

treos
Blocked
2 years ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Rating: Safe
Score: 28
User: Itoruna
Date: August 16, 2016

multiple genres/aliases anyone? i've been keeping up with renard's music off and on since back when it was called vulpvibe. think i first came across this artist way back in '06 when he had some kind of "name your price" thing in a journal over at FA. all i really remember was he hadn't set a minimum price so i managed to get and print out like 5 or pages of download links for albums (at least 20-30+ links i'm sure) which have all been lost to time unfortunately (and when i lost 1-2 old computers >.>) but theres always that lapfox trax site and he even still has some old vulpvibe albums in the "free stuff" section if anyone wants that old stuff as well as the newer stuff you can find on that linked page.

Probably not his best, but the name of the album and song both amuse me, as does the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvpWvvdp2U

treos
Blocked
2 years ago
2016 animated_skeleton bandanna bone cel_shading dry_bones glowing glowing_eyes gradient_background hi_res itoruna mario_bros nintendo scalie simple_background skeleton solo toony undead video_games

Clawdragons said:
Probably not his best, but the name of the album and song both amuse me, as does the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvpWvvdp2U

lol yeah, still got that one. oh and i just remembered 4 huge mix tracks he did that i still have. Painajainen (42 minutes long), Summer Jam 08 (55 minutes), Sweet-Ass Hardcore Mix (36 minute), and Trauma Megamix (50 minutes). if anyone wants i could add them as well as the cover art to my google drive then link it here. its pretty convenient how easy google has made sharing stuff like that.

edit: ah, why not? i think i'll just go ahead and dump my whole lapfox folder there. lol got a lot of stuff i could put on that drive as a backup. can't put my whole music folder on that drive though, that'd be 56.2gb and the drive only has 15gb free space. :/

edit 2: vulpvibe - lapfoxtrax music oh yeah, note: while i i don't think renard is totally against piracy... something to consider about any albums i add that are currently for sale on his site would of course be buying them yourself. >.>

D4rk
2 years ago
2013 amplifier black_hair earth_pony equine female feral friendship_is_magic fur grey_fur guitar hair hi_res horse looking_at_viewer mammal marble_pie_(mlp) musical_instrument my_little_pony nude outside playing_guitar playing_music pony ponykillerx purple_eyes solo speaker stage standing

Score: 120
User: masterwave
Date: July 03, 2013

Rampancy said:
Major Tom (Coming Home)

There need to be more songs about space.

Agreed. Not enough, let me say, good songs about space.

Not exactly about space but related ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KnTpm9Y77E

M83
Tycho
Weird Owl
Colour Haze
Michael Praetorius

Just a selection.
I like what pleases my ear :)

Lots of classic country, southern rock, and bluegrass/Appalachian folk music.
Some of it really reflects my roots in many good ways.
This is my favorite rock band of all time

This is Old Crow Medicine Show, a newer bluegrass band

treos said:
"there ~is~ such a thing as good rap music."

Yes... Greydon Square, Adil Omar, Johnny Hoax, Syqnys, B. Dolan, Non-Prophets, Sage Francis. Not all rap music is about fast cars, selling drugs and gang shootings, just like not all country music is about 'Murrica and pick up trucks.

Oh, and Mega Ran is alright.

D4rk said:
Depends on the song, but mostly Metal, Industrial, Rock.

Japanese:
Dir en grey, Mucc, The Gazette.

German:
Rammstein, OOMPH!, Blutengel

English:
Eluvietie (okay, sometimes they sing in Gaelic)
KMFDM, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson,
A Perfect Circle, Tool, Fear Factory
Zeromancer, SexyDeath, Razed In Black

IngloriousBastard said:
Yes... Greydon Square, Adil Omar, B. Dolan, Non-Prophets, Sage Francis.
Not all rap music is about fast cars, selling drugs and gang shootings,
just like not all country music is about 'Murrica and pick up trucks.

Going to have to check these out. I like rap sometimes, but it is very hard to find rap that has... actually good lyrics.

Also, to add to your list of various language metal (well others too, but my additions are metal):

Arkona / Аркона (Russian)

Also their song Na Moey Zemle which is part Russian, part Dutch, part Swedish, part German, part Latvian, part Lithuanian.

Heidevolk (Dutch)

Clawdragons said:
Going to have to check these out. I like rap sometimes, but it is very hard to find rap that has... actually good lyrics.

Thankies, I will check those out. Also, I totally forgot to include Turmion Katilot and Rusoka (finnish industrial) and Verjnuarmu.

And yeah, pretty much everything coming out of Grand Unified (Greydon's sort of... "camp" of likeminded emcees) is awesome.

**looks up Arkona and listens to Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov**
Okay, I definitely like this...

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

IngloriousBastard said:
Oh, and Mega Ran is alright.

Japanese:
Dir en grey

German:
Rammstein

only thing by mega ran i have is a track or 2 in the album: MM25 Mega Man Rocks. pretty good, i just haven't bothered to check his music out much yet, might look into that later.

as for the other 2, i know Dir en Grey from they're OP themes for the Grappler Baki anime (great martial arts anime. one of my faves of that type.). as for rammstein, i have several of they're albums downloaded.

all good artists/bands. :)

IngloriousBastard said:
Thankies, I will check those out. Also, I totally forgot to include Turmion Katilot and Rusoka (finnish industrial) and Verjnuarmu.

And yeah, pretty much everything coming out of Grand Unified (Greydon's sort of... "camp" of likeminded emcees) is awesome.

**looks up Arkona and listens to Liki Bessmertnykh Bogov**
Okay, I definitely like this...

My favorite by Arkona (besides Na Moey Zemle, because that's sort of a six-band collaboration and I don't know if it should count) is probably Duren'. Glad I introduced you to something you like though!

treos said:
Mega Ran.

My room mate (who moved out) showed me his music, I really liked that one that samples Chrono Trigger. Oh, and he also apparently has done some collaboration with #GU artists as well.

http://jaybeebeats.bandcamp.com/album/highly-focused

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

i just remembered an album i have from 5 years ago? wow, wonder how that survived time on my laptop for so long (guess it must've had at least 1 or 2tracks i liked or something).

Furry Fantasies II and now i've remembered something else i had called the furry song lol i don't even remember WHY i ever downloaded that one. curiosity maybe? no, wait, i actually happen to have all 3 versions of that song (2001, 2004, and 2010)

but yeah, apparently i have a 5 year old album and some old song by furry musicians.

Been listening to this over and over for awhile.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y74o0JEhgv0

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

Harmony of Heroes its a super smash bros. fan album. pretty much done in the way they release albums over at ocremix. its own website, nice art, and great music.

2 tracks in particular that i like and would suggest checking out are, A K.Rool Pub Crawl and M.O.T.H.E.R.F.U.o.O.E.R! (thats the actual track name lol). the first of these 2 is based on the final boss tracks for the first donkey kong country and i think the 2nd is based on either Mother 2 or the series in general but i'm not sure. the 2nd of these tracks also has that song from Mother 2 (i think its the tune you play against the final boss) starting at the 2:05 mark.

never played any of the mother games myself (1. they're rather freaky in general from what i've seen of them and 2. mother 2's final boss...do i really want to play through an rpg only to wind up basically doing an alien abortion at the end? thats kinda a disturbing idea for a final boss fight imo.) but that is a rather nice tune.

theres also an extra album with tracks not included in the main one on that site too, its called final smash.

Not sure what else to call it, but "video game music", specifically instrumentals and/or opera-esque pieces. I just love the feel of these kinds of tracks, whether they be "sad" or "climatic". Vocals and such are nice and all, but overall I listen to music for the "music". Standard instrumentals, classical, and alike are just as good, but the video game variations tend to go the extra step. And when those few games are bold enough to make these tracks for their final boss fights, it becomes godlike...

Like these for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0 (Bloodborne final boss music spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdOaYyeu78s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug6B7c_Xut8 (Xenoblade Chronicles final boss music spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBybw-IJ5U (Dark Souls final boss music spoilers)

parasprite
Former Staff
2 years ago
blue_eyes cutie_mark digital_media_(artwork) duo ear_tuft english_text equine eshredder feathered_wings feathers female feral fluttershy_(mlp) friendship_is_magic fur hair inner_ear_fluff long_hair looking_at_viewer mammal my_little_pony parasprite_(mlp) pegasus pink_hair simple_background smile solo_focus text tongue tongue_out tuft wings yellow_feathers yellow_fur

Score: 34
User: Fluttershy
Date: April 15, 2013

SirBrownBear said:
Not sure what else to call it, but "video game music", specifically instrumentals and/or opera-esque pieces. I just love the feel of these kinds of tracks, whether they be "sad" or "climatic". Vocals and such are nice and all, but overall I listen to music for the "music". Standard instrumentals, classical, and alike are just as good, but the video game variations tend to go the extra step. And when those few games are bold enough to make these tracks for their final boss fights, it becomes godlike...

I'm surprised FF8's Liberi Fatali wasn't in the list - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IkmZLFkFw

games r 4 lozers

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

Rampancy said:
games r 4 lozers

not really

well, depending on the community, maybe >.> (i have nothing good to say of the pay-to-win garbage plaguing the video game market or the MOBA community asi've heard of little more than toxicity from that one.)

treos said:
Harmony of Heroes its a super smash bros. fan album. pretty much done in the way they release albums over at ocremix. its own website, nice art, and great music.

2 tracks in particular that i like and would suggest checking out are, A K.Rool Pub Crawl and M.O.T.H.E.R.F.U.o.O.E.R! (thats the actual track name lol). the first of these 2 is based on the final boss tracks for the first donkey kong country and i think the 2nd is based on either Mother 2 or the series in general but i'm not sure. the 2nd of these tracks also has that song from Mother 2 (i think its the tune you play against the final boss) starting at the 2:05 mark.

never played any of the mother games myself (1. they're rather freaky in general from what i've seen of them and 2. mother 2's final boss...do i really want to play through an rpg only to wind up basically doing an alien abortion at the end? thats kinda a disturbing idea for a final boss fight imo.) but that is a rather nice tune.

theres also an extra album with tracks not included in the main one on that site too, its called final smash.

That album is amazing. It is also how I found SteamPianist, who helped with that album, and made the song I posted earlier on this post.

Mikromusic - Takiego Chłopaka

The most recent thing I found that I really liked. Polish Trip-Hop, I guess.

treos
Blocked
2 years ago

Garrett said:
That album is amazing. It is also how I found SteamPianist, who helped with that album, and made the song I posted earlier on this post.

yeah, aside from that i usually grab any free album i want from ocremix soon as they release it. i've got around 30 of the 93 albums they've released, including a few of the older ones they no long have torrents of such as Bad Dudes & Friends - Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Resurrection.

coming soon: final fantasy II: rebellion. yay, another new album to check out.

as for the musicians there...snappleman, by far my favorite. :) of course, they're all pretty good for the most part.

treos said:
yeah, aside from that i usually grab any free album i want from ocremix soon as they release it. i've got around 30 of the 93 albums they've released, including a few of the older ones they no long have torrents of such as Bad Dudes & Friends - Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Resurrection.

as for the musicians there...snappleman, by far my favorite. :) of course, they're all pretty good for the most part.

I only found Harmony of Heroes because of Theophany and his Time's End album.

treos said:

Why the heck did that happen?

Garrett said:
Why the heck did that happen?