Erk
Blocked
7 years ago

Fake artwork dating

In category: Art Talk

Have you ever seen an image with a specific year on it that you thought was fake? For example, because of the quality being exactly the same as it is to 4 years later?

TonyLemur
Former Staff
7 years ago
2012 alpha_channel arm_support border canine cute female feral fox happy jungledyret_hugo mammal open_mouth rita_(jungledyret) simple_background solo table tonythefox_(artist) transparent_background

Rating: Safe
Score: 31
User: TonyLemur
Date: July 22, 2012

No.

Blaziken
Privileged
7 years ago

No.

FurZ
7 years ago

.oN

Even though I do not understand what is being asked in the original question, the general consensus seems to be refusal.

So, gotta' jump on the bandwagon!

2009 album_art avoid_posting beard claws clothing dialogue facial_hair goatee insane male nurse reaction_image red_eyes renard solo squeedgemonster tentacles text uniform what

Score: 4
User: WolfieWolfie1992
Date: December 29, 2010
Deleted: Artist requests removal

Some people pick an art work style and and never change from it.
Some people try to change their style - regardless.
Some people style just changes because.
Or some are all 3.. stay on a style for a few years and then radically change to a new style - or they have set style and just bounce around as the mood feels.

Meesh is a good example of that. He got really good, really quick...

SnowWolf
Former Staff
7 years ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Score: 23
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

Also, no. Some artists really don't change.. eric schwartz is a pretty good example. I'm pretty sure you could line up his art from the last 15 years and the only REAL way you could date them would be the quality of the saved image, rather then the art.

I've seen fake artwork dating in the past.. Some artists like to cover up the time they did a sketch because they weren't happy with it.. It's just insecurity.

SnowWolf
Former Staff
7 years ago
black_fur blue_eyes blue_feathers blue_hair equine fan_character feathered_wings feathers female feral flying fur hair hi_res horn mammal multicolored_hair my_little_pony shilokh smile snowdrift snowflake solo star watermark white_feathers winged_unicorn wings

Score: 23
User: SnowWolf
Date: July 28, 2012

I retract my earlier statement. I'm pretty sure the date on this is a lie: post #86693